Nuzlocke Challenge

Haha, thanks for the confidence boost. I'll definitely keep writing then. In class right now but the final update should be up tonight (unless I get wiped out by Red...)

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So... I started a challenge on leaf green... chose squirtle. caught a mankey on route 22 and a pidgey on route 2. get into viridian forest and the second trainer has two weedle's level 7 and a kakuna level 7.
I have a squirtle level 8, a mankey level 8 and a pidgey level 3.
I send out squirtle to take down the first weedle. weedle crits with poison sting which is annoying, but not too bad. a take out a chunk of it's hp with bubble. next turn, he crits again with poison sting and poisons me. I am now on around 10 hp and i have one hit till i KO him. i don't want to take too much poison damage so i switch to mankey. On the turn i switch, he string shots me to make me slower than him. then next turn, guess what? he crits and poisons with poison sting. how's that for hax? Due to mankey's awful defenses, he is also around 10 hp. anyway, i knock weedle out with scratch and he sends out another weedle.
I switch to my level 3 pidgey as a sacrifice. Due to a massive string shot spam, I am able to take a lot of his HP but due to the massive level difference, his poison sting doesn't take long to defeat me. I switch to squirtle to KO him.
Out comes kakuna. I bubble for the 3HKO but not before squirtle faints of poison. Mankey finishes him off and is left with 4 HP, then faints of poison from walking.
3 Crits in a row with poison sting and 2 pokemon poisoned. ¬¬
anyway, I'm starting again with a bulbusaur for poison immunity. I might keep you updated if i can be bothered :) I want to do a story type thing but i might not for all updates :)

just caught an adamant swinub in ice path for my heart gold nuzlocke...then i checked its ivs and they were 0-4 in attack, defense, speed and hp...also a while ago i caught a careful weepinbell with 0-4 ivs in attack and sp.attack...i think the game is revenging me for miltank and misdreavus...

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So... I started a challenge on leaf green... chose squirtle. caught a mankey on route 22 and a pidgey on route 2. get into viridian forest and the second trainer has two weedle's level 7 and a kakuna level 7.
I have a squirtle level 8, a mankey level 8 and a pidgey level 3.
I send out squirtle to take down the first weedle. weedle crits with poison sting which is annoying, but not too bad. a take out a chunk of it's hp with bubble. next turn, he crits again with poison sting and poisons me. I am now on around 10 hp and i have one hit till i KO him. i don't want to take too much poison damage so i switch to mankey. On the turn i switch, he string shots me to make me slower than him. then next turn, guess what? he crits and poisons with poison sting. how's that for hax? Due to mankey's awful defenses, he is also around 10 hp. anyway, i knock weedle out with scratch and he sends out another weedle.
I switch to my level 3 pidgey as a sacrifice. Due to a massive string shot spam, I am able to take a lot of his HP but due to the massive level difference, his poison sting doesn't take long to defeat me. I switch to squirtle to KO him.
Out comes kakuna. I bubble for the 3HKO but not before squirtle faints of poison. Mankey finishes him off and is left with 4 HP, then faints of poison from walking.
3 Crits in a row with poison sting and 2 pokemon poisoned. ¬¬
anyway, I'm starting again with a bulbusaur for poison immunity. I might keep you updated if i can be bothered :) I want to do a story type thing but i might not for all updates :)
Ouch. yeah as long as you don't pick Squirtle FR/LG is cake.

Kind of an intermediate update, since I'd like some opinions. Just a warning.

Carbon's Emerald Nuzlocke Update 6 (Norman through just before Brendan Battle 3)

My team is rather rag-tag since the last update; many changes have had to have been made. It all started with Norman...

I made my way through the desert, catching a Trapinch I named Cuff. I returned to Fallarbor Town, where I got the TM27 Return, and taught it to Queen Zeal. I then took the Meteor Falls path down to Rustboro and out into Petalburg. At Petalburg, I challenged the Gym, and fought all of the trainers.

Norman, however, was tough. I lead with Poshul and got 6 Double Teams up because I was worried about Facade. From there I was practically free to sweep his Spinda, Vigoroth, and Linoone with Magnitude, only fearing a Faint Attack from Vigoroth which ended up doing less than 15 damage. Linoone practically KO'd itself since it went for a Belly Drum (which unnerved me) but then was struck down by a lucky Mag 10.

Then came Slaking. This is where I wish I'd listened to Texas and gone with Toxic, because I paid the price. I managed to Protect stall Slaking down to a low HP number (including healing), but then Protect ran out. Dustox was OHKO'd by a forceful Facade.

I sent out Queen Zeal in return, thinking that he was low enough on HP to be struck down by two Sparks. But he wasn't, and managed to Slack Off. Two more Sparks brought him to about 20%, but then Facade OHKO'd Queen Zeal. I managed to KO Slaking with Gyarados and Dragon Rage afterwards. I'd lost two team members in the battle, and it was time to use my Revive. I brought back Queen Zeal, as she's very important for the remaining fights. I was saddened to lose Dustox, though.

I got Surf and taught it to Gyarados, then went and did the side-quest for Wattson. I got Thunderbolt and taught it to Minun. Also picked up a Voltorb named Technical from the area, and withdrew Luccia the Spoink as a replacement for Suicoon. I taught Luccia Shock Wave. I then proceeded to Route 119 (after a short stop fighting the trainers near the Berry Farm to the east). I caught a Tentacool named Monstro in the water between Mauville and the route to Fortree.

I used up most of my Repels so that I wouldn't fight any wild pokemon until I got to the Weather Institute, because I find that (this is purely my opinion, no game mechanics validate this) Tropius appear more often in the patch of grass below it. Sure enough, my pokemon for Route 119 was a Tropius named Hilt.

Also below the Weather Institute, tragedy struck. A fight with a Kindler went awry when his Slugma got a critical hit on Skates, and he passed on. I withdrew Cuff the Trapinch for Skates' replacement, but it was with a heavy heart. I proceeded to destroy the Weather Institute's Team Aqua plague, and then came to a problem. Hilt is the only one of my pokemon who can learn Fly, and while this isn't needed, it's useful. His STAB Flying moves also give him a semi-advantage over J Fly. Trapinch can also learn Rock Smash, allowing for J Fly's HM to be covered.

So, my question to you is this: should I take Hilt along, with a movepool of (Currently) Razor Leaf [to be Magical Leaf] / [to be Aerial Ace] / Steel Wing / [to be Fly] or take along J Fly and do without HM02?

I'm about to fight Brendan for the third time in a little bit, but I'd like some opinions. Thanks.

The Team:
SwdRvlnLht the Gyarados, level 29.
Surf / Bite / Secret Power / Dragon Rage

Queen Zeal the Minun, level 28.
Return / Encore / Thunder Wave / Thunderbolt

Poshul the Numel, level 29.
Ember / Magnitude / Double Team / Stength

Cuff the Trapinch, level 28.
Bite / Faint Attack / Rock Smash / Sand Tomb

Hilt the Tropius, level 27.
Razor Leaf / Steel Wing / Stomp / Growth

Luccia the Spoink, level 29.
Psybeam / Confuse Ray / Shock Wave / Psych Up

The Box:

Lolumad the Whismur, level 7.
FntasticFox the Zigzagoon, level 4.
Starky the Nuzleaf, level 23.
Swan Song the Koffing, level 16
Nofirth the Skitty, level 24
Lollygag the Spinda, level 16
Technical the Voltorb, level 22
Monstro the Tentacool, level 25
J Fly the Grovyle, level 28

The Graveyard:
Imune2Crit the Ralts, level 16. Struck down by a wild Focus Punch in Brawly's Gym. Will be missed dearly. RIP.

Suicoon the Dustox, level 27. Defeated by Norman's Slaking. RIP.

Skates the Aron, level 27. The victim of an unfortunate crit from a Slugma. RIP.

A Future Sight:

Winona: Queen Zeal has lasted so far. Others can probably strike hard enough.
Tate & Liza: Tropius and Gyarados will probably serve the best here.
Juan: Queen Zeal and Tropius will do well here.

Sidney: Will probably just end up using hard-hitting to muscle my way through.
Phoebe: The only one I'm unsure on; should I bring a Shiftry just for her?
Glacia: Numel/Cameupt. Minun for Sealeo/Walrein.
Drake: Cuff takes this, I guess.
Wallace: Trolled by Queen Zeal and Hilt.

Please leave suggestions about my Tropius issue! :)

EDIT: Resolved; Tropius is being boxed in favor of Grovyle. Thanks for your help! :)

@carbon:i would use grovyle/sceptile over tropius just because sceptile has much higher attacking stats and is really fast and can secure some kos that tropius can't...also i saw that you intend on using camerupt against glacia i 'd recommend you to think about it because glacia's walrein has thick fat so it resists fire and is neutral to ground, so probably can survive one hit and ohko back with surf...so i 'd be helpful if you had a back-up plan...

@ironman: Against Glacia's Water/Ice types I plan on using Minun. Thunderbolt will do devastating damage. I forgot to add that into the plans though, thanks for bringing that to my attention. Also, thanks for the insight on my issue! The attacking stats and speed are a good point, I'm going to think about it some more.

D'awwww, I'm bummed to see Suicoon go down; I've always had a soft spot for neglected Pokemon like Dustox who people consider 'crappy' (although I'm not about to argue that he isn't, hehe >>). 'Coon was a champ though, it made me glad to see him work well for your team as long as he did. I salute you, Suicoon! Rest well!

As for your question... Tropius is an awesome Pokemon, but I wouldn't replace J Fly, for the same reasons ironman already posted. Flying STAB isn't that useful, and it looks to me like you could use someone besides Zeal who can outspeed stuff.

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Whelp I`m looking for some potential team suggestions. Spore has recebtly evolved putting my team at Aron Marshtomp and Breloom. Looking ahead it seems like additions of a Grumpig and Camerupt would cover my tams weaknesses well plus a random Water to take Water types with Ice attacks.

So what do think could fit well with my team in general or if I fail to get a Grumpig or Camerupt? I`d ideally like to go with 5 mons but 6 is easily doable too. Thoughts?

@Ducklett; I know! Suicoon was one of my favorite members this run of Emerald, and it's even worse because it's my fault and not a game gimmick going wacky that's he's dead. Dustox deserves more respect. And looking at it, I see that you are ironman are right, and J Fly needs to be kept over Hilt for speedy, dangerous attacks. Thanks a lot to both of you! I'm going to grind a little more and then fight Brendan, and may include a small update later with the Brendan and Winona fights since they're so close together.

@Texas; both Numel and Spoink have served me well so far in my Emerald run, so I definitely agree that those two are good choices. As for other options, I'd say that a Trapinch or Sandshrew (or even Baltoy) from the Desert in Route 111 will take the place of Numel well.

Regarding water types, once you get Surf there are a whole bunch of options open, including Tentacool and Carvanha. However, and this is just me and my particular love for this pokemon, once you get the Good Rod (east of Mauville on the shore after you cross the water) you can return to Petalburg, route 102, or route 117 for a goodish (20%) chance of catching a Corphish in the water in the lower-left corner (of Petalburg). Petalburg is probably the only one you won't have caught another pokemon for, or have in mind a pokemon to catch for. Crawdaunt's water/dark-typing may serve you well against Tate and Liza.

Sharpedo is one of my favorite Pokemon, so if you're looking for a Water type, there's my bias :P Might not be the best choice for a Nuzlocke run though, since he's crippled by little more than a light breeze. Also, both of his STABs come of his inferior (although still decent) SpA stat. Crawdaunt is a chiller too, he suffers from the same STAB issues but you still get the cool points.

Texas Cloverleaf

@Team Magma Boss Maxie: please don`t post in the thread unless you have a paragraph to contribut or are responding to a post. Nonsensical one-liners are no-nos.

Well it looks like my chance at a Numel has passed with Cheesepuff the Marill, Cpt.Smoker the Torkoal and Whirly the Spinda joining the roster. Still hoping to get a Spinda but I`m really liking the Crawdaunt suggestion as I`ve never used one despite using Sharpedo many times. In other news I`m currently a bit past Fallarbor with Balboa at 26, Spore at 27 and Monty at 28. Only 6 levels until evolution for Balboa (5 with a Rare Candy).

Texas Cloverleaf

Well this is amusing. Here am, coming down the Jagged Path, waiting for a Spoink to pop out when all of a sudden out pops a Nunel, a pokemon whos time I`d assumed had passed. And thus despite losing out on a nice Psychic resistance, Volcorona the Numel joins the team.

Perhaps I`ll hope for a Claydol to fill spot 5.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
When the IRL stuff is away, the Platinum ROM will play. This is...
DetroitLolcat's Leafgreen Nuzlocke Challenge!
Part 5: Skirmish at Valley Windworks!

Lolcat reexamines his team after watching them ride to victory over Roark.

"Team, that was a good battle. No misses, you tanked the attacks well, I didn't even have to send in PengWIN either. Quacka and Stoner, you battled well, and we deserve that badge for how we did. However, there was no way to lose that battle. Every one of you had a way to slam all of Roark's Pokemon, and had the defenses to take hits. That's not how most badges work. I fear for the next Gym battle, as the next one isn't a Rock-type Trainer. Currently, we have terrible type coverage, but that's nobody's fault besides the Hax God's. Even with Bibarels, there's nothing we have to slay Grass types. Hopefully that will change. Either way, good job team, let's take a well deserved rest in the Pokemon Center."

After the pep talk, Lolcat asks Nurse Joy to heal the injured Pokemon, which she did. Lolcat runs out of the Center and into Oreburgh City, realizing that he had never really explored the city outside of the Gym, circle, and Mine. Lolcat enters the eastern of the city, but the only point of interest was the Museum, which only featured a man nearing completion of the Fossil Extractor 3, now able to reanimate pokemon from seven different fossils. The FE2 only could reanimate five, released four years ago. Surprising that a mining museum would have the intelligence to upgrade such a complex technology, but Lolcat still leaves towards Oreburgh Gate. However, this time somewhat predictably, Fool comes thudding into Lolcat with painfully obvious information.

"Yo LC! You got Roark's badge? Niiiiice, though still too slow! Well, just wanted to tell you that we're heading to Eterna City next, as they hand out badges! It's just a short walk away on Route 207, but they don't let you in without a Bicycle! I was training when I was on 207, so it wasn't a waste, but I wish I could have gotten to Eterna! Only way there is though Jubilife, so I'm going there, then Eterna Gym! See ya!"

Lolcat follows suit, dashing into Oreburgh Gate, this time in order to leave Oreburgh. After smiting a wild Zubat, Lolcat enters Route 203 en route to Jubilife City. Stoner crushes a Shinx leveling him up, and then Lolcat uneventfully reenters Jubilife City. However, the minute after reentry contains a talk with the enigmatic Looker.

"Ah, Lolcat. You have a Pal Pad, correct? No? Why, then, a Pal Pad is a wonderful, costless device being distributed in the cellars of Pokemon Centers! Beside the point. I was investigating this city, and my eyes detect the absence of lawlessness in this burg! Consequently, this ongoing investigation of mine is to be continued...
IN!
ANOTHER!
CITY!
...Sorry about the volume. But again, you are recommended to keep an ever-vigilant eye out for violators of the law!"

Looker escapes without giving Lolcat a word. Lolcat thinks, "That guy is on something." However, Lolcat heeds Looker's advice and enters a Pokemon Center, stepping on the now unblocked escalator and receiving a Pal Pad. The receptionist blabbed on about Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, and Lolcat zoned out, as ROMs are not built with Wi-Fi in mind. Lolcat then exits the Center and turns onto Main Street, rushing down the street until he exits the city to the north. However, before Lolcat could set foot on Route 204, Lolcat meets a familiar party of two and an unfamiliar party of two. The familiar pair? Rowan and Dawn. The unfamiliar pair? Time to find out. The mysterious man speaks to Rowan:

"Now, Rowan. You must comply. It's time for you to hand over your research. It's essential, and we'll take it for free. Failure to do so may result in your assistant's...heh heh heh."

Lolcat rushes onto the scene, seeing the old professor being threatened. Cool as ever, Rowan responds,

"Ah, Lolcat. How is your Pokedex coming along? It seems you've caught a few, though it's time to step your catching up a notch. Don't be afraid to throw more Poke Balls, you'll be surprised at how many pokemon you'll catch. Now, I also see Oreburgh's badge. That means the pokemon you're catching mean somethign to you, that you raise them and showed that to the strongest Trainer in Oreburgh. It has only been a couple weeks since you received Piplup, too. You have a future in training, trust me. Now, about Fool..."

"DAMMIT!", replies the mystery man, "You will stop this difficulty, NOW! We are visiting Jubilife on business, and we have this audience with you for a reason! We demand that you give us what we demand! Your research, now."

Rowan responds, "Oh, will you quiet down? This is no way to treat a business partner. You must learn: Stop loitering. Stop interrupting me, I'm trying to talk to Lolcat. Quite down, you do not intimidate me. There are two of you, that does not mean you intimidate me any more. Wear proper clothing, too. You seem to be in cult robes. You call yourselves adults? Lolcat, Dawn, don't look up to them."

The mystery man increases his ardor, speaking: "You made this personal. This is unfortunate for you. The force we are about to show will be a show of force! You do not insult Team Galactic!"

Rowan speaks to Lolcat and Dawn, "Why don't you two defeat them, children? They need civility, and you have it. Go."

Lolcat and Dawn face a Stunky and Glameow with their two starter pokemon. Glameow fires off a critical Fake Out and Stunky Screeches, both hitting Chimchar. Glameow finishes off Chimchar, leaving Piplup to fight the two Galactic Pokemon. Stunky Screeches, Glameow and Piplup Growl. Lolcat switches to Stoner, and he critical hits Glameow for the kill. Stoner ends up in a heated one-on-one battle with Stunky, with Rock Throw saving the day, though Stoner ends up poisoned. The two enigmas claim to be benevolent, then walk off. Stoner grapples with poisoning, however. Rowan sheds some light on the situation:

"When Pokemon evolve, they emit an energy in the process that would seem to violate the Law of Conservation of Energy, in that it creates more energy then it releases. As the world's leader in Pokemon Evolution, only rivaled by the Professor Elm in Johto, I'm studying this recently discovered phenomenon. My findings have shown that this energy is far, far beyond human comprehension. Team Galactic wants my findings in order to harness this energy. They want to use the energy on some project...But I digress, there's nothing else I know yet. Lolcat, I commend you on your skill. You were smart to train more than one Pokemon, as you would have lost if only Piplup was able to battle. You should continue collecting Pokemon, badges, and then...Challenge the Pokemon League. But also, the Pokedex will fill. You will be immortalized in the Hall of Fame, I will have the entire region of Sinnoh documented and ready for mass commercialization. I will be rich, the world will be more educated, and you will become a Champion. It is ultimately your choice, though. Farewell."

Lolcat ponders the information, then remembers he was already en route to Eterna, home of the Second Badge. Lolcat might take Rowan up on that offer. Before he can move, Lolcat is approached by a member of Jubilife TV. The cameraman gives Lolcat a Fashion Case, another useless case that holds Accessories which go for a Contest or some other thing that pertains to the Contests that were ruined by Gen 4. Lolcat continues running toward Ravaged Path until he remembered something...

STONER WAS STILL POISONED

Lolcat runs toward the Pokemon Center, chastising himself for endangering Stoner's life, knowing that he could die here. The poison counter drops further, further, further, Stoner's eyes start to close, knowing that he might not survive. Lolcat enters the Pokemon Center, and Geodude...

survived. With a ton of HP left. Haha, fake suspense! Lolcat heals the team and returns to Route 204. One Trainer falls to PengWIN, then another. PengWIN picks up Peck, I guess it's a last ditch against Gardenia. Lolcat continues across the grass into Ravaged Path. And there's one thing in Ravaged Path that's important, a new member. The odds, please...

65%, Zubat, good
35%, Psyduck, bad. And it is...

Zubat. Finally, something good. Scratch and a Poke Ball snag it. Of course, it has to be named. It will be called Bat. How creative. However, this Bat needed a lot of grinding. Ugh, grinding. Bat ended up soloing a Level 7 Budew, which kicked off the grindfest. However, it took forever. Level 4 -> Level 13 takes a long time, especially with its best move being a 30 power nonSTAB move. At least it gets better. However, when grinding something useless, there's a lot of bait and switch, and when you bait and switch, other Pokemon get experience, and when pokemon get experience, Professor Rowan can tell you, they evolve. Piplup...

PRINPLUP!

Back to grinding. Level 13 couldn't come quick enough. Lolcat heads back to Ravaged Path, this time after about a continuous hour of grinding. A level 16 and three 13s take on Ravaged Path, which lasts about 30 seconds. A Trainer (or four) on the north side of 204 challenges Lolcat, and then he walks the grassy, moonlit path to an intermediate town between Jubilife and Eterna: Floaroma Town.

Lolcat dashes through Floaroma's gate, which is thankfully unlike Oreburgh's gate as there's no cave to traverse. Lolcat enters the obligatory Pokemon Center because he has to heal his weary team, then explores the vicinity. Since the town is Gymless and there's no commotion in the area, Lolcat decides to head out of Floaroma's eastern gate and into Route 205, where a little girl stops him. She speaks:

"Please, Trainer! I want to see my papa and we live at the Valley Windworks but then a bunch of spacemen came and kicked me out! And my papa's in there. I'm ascared what's going to happen to him, those people were a bunch of meanies!"

Unable to refuse the girl's offer (for both moral and "the game won't let you pass" reasons), Lolcat trudges over to the Valley Windworks building, seeing a lone Galactic Grunt guarding the edifice. Obviously, issues like this are settled with Pokemon, so the two trainers spar for the right to pass.

A Glameow and Geodude face off, the Geodude attacking and the Glameow hypnotizing the rock beast. The kitten fires off a couple Growls, then Stoner wakes up, smashes rocks, and levels up. GG, GG (good game, galactic grunt!). The grunt accepts defeat, but then locks himself in the Windworks, claiming that the only key is in the flower patch, obviously in Floaroma Town.

Route 205 leads back to the flower-filled town, and Lolcat runs through the flowers to the incredibly manly flower patch in the back of the city. Once Lolcat reaches his destination, he sees the predictable pair of Galactic Grunts attacking a lone gentleman for his Honey. It seems this team cannot be taken seriously, as they are seemingly launching a full-scale invasion on a city just to steal cheap honey. Like the stooges that they are, the two grunts reveal that the honey is for attracting Pokemon. Using honey to attract pokemon is what a third grader would do for a school project, not what a criminal organization would do to carry out a world domination plan. The two grunts fall to Stoner's onslaught, neither of them landing a single damaging hit on Stoner. The last pokemon falls to Bat as he could use some experience. The two stooges drop the one key that they were probably supposed to guard with their lives, and Lolcat laughs and picks it up.

Heading to the Valley Windworks for the second time after healing his team, Lolcat knows that this upcoming battle will be one of the toughest in the Challenge. Mars's Purugly, sporting competitively high Speed (base 112!) and moderate Attack (in the eighties) with adequate defenses to boot. Can you say: Stoner Rape? I see Rock Polish + Prayer working, but if the Zubat uses...just in case, Lolcat gives Stoner a Pecha Berry in case of Toxic. Hopefully, that Toxic attack replaces Supersonic, as Stoner CANNOT waste time hurting itself. This battle's going to be difficult, and Lolcat preps the team for the boss:

"Okay, team. This is one of, no, THE toughest battle yet coming. I want to give every Pokemon on the team equal opportunity, but I cannot do that here as it's too risky. She has a Zubat and a Purugly. The Zubat isn't bad, but Stoner needs it as setup bait. Two Rock Polishes minimum. Trust me, it's that tough. Hopefully the Zubat will waste time, but if it doesn't, Stoner has to off it. Fast. You'll hold a Pecha Berry. If I tell you to eat the berry, do so. Toxic poison is life-threatening. Magnitude's your attack, Stoner. Rock Smash is super effective, but Mag still hits harder on average. There might have to be a sacrifice made if something goes awry. I do NOT want that to happen, but you love each other, so you'll have to die for each other. I'm sorry, but there's no other way besides grinding. And that's no fun. Just pray Stoner's Defense can take it. Good luck, team, let's save Floaroma!"

Mars has the first word.

"I am one of Team Galactic's Three Commanders...err...Four Commanders, technically. My name is Mars. The mission of Team Galactic is to create a superior world, one infinitely better than this one. However, people show little understanding and much animosity towards our goal. I bet you despise us as well, so let's settle this honorably. A battle, I propose. Winner stays, loser leaves."

Mars's Zubat stares down Stoner. Equivalent levels. The bat bites for a flinch, then again, but Stoner polishes for the fight ahead. One thrown rock slays the bat. Purugly time. Purugly Fakes Out for an obvious Flinch, and then Faintly Attacks. Stoner hits for a Magnitude 7, or a 70 power attack, then a 6. The 6 is sponged by an Oran Berry, unfortunately. Stoner cannot take another hit, so Lolcat retreats to Prinplup. As Prinplup hits Purugly to the red, Purugly scratches back for a critical hit, sending Plup's HP dwindling...
FIVE

FOUR

THREE

TWO

ONE...

and that's it. Prinplup finds the energy to stay up at one HP, but unable to finish him. Now, Quacka'll have to take two 60 power attacks to win the duel, and he fails, BECAUSE...OF...A...CRIT...AGAIN... This time, a second critical has sealed it for Lolcat unless Bat can take a hit and return for a kill. Either way, Quacka'll have to be sacrificed. Why, O Hax God? Why do you need my duck? Good job Quacka, you will not be forgotten.

Actually, this challenge will, as there was more hax costing Lolcat the battle. Two crits and a low damage roll (minimum or maybe 86/100). Odds of it happening, one in three thousand eight hundred and forty. 1/3840. .026%, maybe 2/3840, but that's still about accurate. And both crits mattered, or Purry would have died.

BULLSHIT HAX END OF CHALLENGE

Maybe I'll try again later, as this was bullshit.

@texas:i 'd go for the spheal line, you get it a little later in the game but you can utilize its ice stab, especially against drake of the e4...

@Flamestrike: You call that to long? I need to find my Koga update to remind you of what a long update looks like... Anyways, no progress in my Nuzlocke, but still writing away.

EDIT: Page 76, post 1864 (or the one with chapters seven/eight). I'm pretty sure it clears ten thousand words.
EDIT: Page 100, post 2500!

a piece of advice to anyone playing hg or ss:don't face the kimono girls if your team is not prepared...you'll probably have casualties....i will reveal more about my challenge with my next update...

Texas Cloverleaf

Well fuck. After being responsible for the loss of two of my revives in Flannery`s gym (the third went to Balboa after some parahax) Volcorona died to a crit Slash from a Sandslash. RIP Volcorona the Numel. You were utterly useless.

On the other hand this frees up a spot for Dreidel the Baltoy to join the team. Also Balboa evolved into Lairon (finally) with the Rare Candy found in the desert.

Hello again ladies and gentlefolk, a while back I purchased a copy of Pokemon Platinum, and I've been Nuzlocking that while doing my Gold. And let me tell you, it's a FUCKTON harder. I've already lost two Pokemon, haven't lost ANY in Gold.

OK so I'd just lost my whole team against Gardenia's demonically powerful Roserade, but since my whole team so far has been the most likely Pokemon from each Route, and most of it's dead, I decided I really cba restarting my whole challenge. Instead I reset to the Valley Windworks, my last save point. Getting to the Valley Windworks was rather eventful though, let me tell you that tale.

So I decided to start with Piplup, since my initial Diamond run used Turtwig, so I wanted something new. And Chimchar is a (BAN ME PLEASE). Named it Cthulhu, cause naming a tiny penguin after the ultimate demon of the sea is awesome =P Growl'd my rival's (named Dale, after an impulsive friend of mine) Turtwig to where it was landing 1 HP per Tackle, and proceeded to rape. Got some Poke Balls from Dawn. Found a FUCKING BIDOOF EUGH in Lake Verity. And ANOTHER ONE, EUGH in route 202.

Arrived at Jubilife, beat my rival, went North to Route 204 to get a STARLY, FUCK YEAH. Named it Icarus (I'm not very inventive with nicknames). Fished up a Magikarp in Route 218 as backup. Got nothing from Route 203, then found a nifty Zubat in Oreburgh Gate, Geodude in Oreburgh Mine, and Machop in Route 207. Beat Roark easily (CTHULHU YEAH!)

Then, while training, disaster struck. I forgot how many Turns Bide absorbed energy for, and a fucking KRICKETOT ended my poor Geodude's life. Went up through Route 204, trained a bit, did the build up shit and went into the Valley Windworks. Battling through there I had an infuriating death. My Zubat outsped a Glameow for four moves, and I had it at the point where one more Bite would kill it, only to find out that we'd been speed tying the whole time, and Glameow outsped me and killed me. Fuck. Machop kicked Mars' Purugly's ass. And that's as far as I've got.

Team:

Prinplup Lv 18
Bubble
Water Sport
Metal Claw
Peck

A valuable Pokemon but not pulling it's weight when compared to Machop and Staravia. Presumably it will once it learns Bubblebeam.

Staravia Lv 19
Wing Attack
Quick Attack
Tackle
Endeavor

Just awesome. MVP by far. Wing Attack tears through basically everything at this stage. Gonna be invaluable against Gardenia.

Machop Lv 18
Karate Chop
Low Kick
Rock Smash
Rock Tomb

Really great, Fighting is an awesome STAB against all the Normal types around. Low Kick is hilarious against Onix =P

Dead:

Zubat Lv 15
Bite
Leech Life
Supersonic
Astonish

Eugh just two levels before Wing Attack :(

Geodude Lv 8
Tackle
Defence Curl
Mud Sport
Rock Polish

Eugh just three levels before Rock Throw :(

Boxed:

Magikarp Lv 4
Bidoof Lv 3
Buizel Lv 10

Goddammit, I had half the update typed out then lost it -_- Watch this space for an update once I type it out in word and copypaste it to avoid this again

when should i evolve my nidorina? i beat lt surge (mole mole survived with 1 hp) got through rock tunnel and am now at celadon. Nuxedl the eevee, Biebgey the pidgey (cause i didn't want one and it was gay) Sandshrew'd the sandshrew, balls2u the voltorb all joined my team.

when should i evolve my nidorina? i beat lt surge (mole mole survived with 1 hp) got through rock tunnel and am now at celadon. Nuxedl the eevee, Biebgey the pidgey (cause i didn't want one and it was gay) Sandshrew'd the sandshrew, balls2u the voltorb all joined my team.
We gave our Voltorb the same name...lol

And evolve it when you think it doesn't learn any more good moves by level up. Check serebii if you don't know what moves it'll miss out on.

HEARTGOLD NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE​

UPDATE 4

After wiping out team rocket in goldenrod relatively easily, i decided it was time i faced the last gym leader of the johto region, clair of blackthorn city...i know that she is using dragon types, and after looking around at some sites i discovered that she is not using any electric type attacks, so that was a battle in which snatch the gyarados should shine...

the bad things are that she is also using a gyarados, and since at level 41 snatch doesn't know dragon dance yet, i decided to lead with sexy bitch the miltank... started the battle, and thanks to sexy bitch's high speed stat i go first even though i am underlevelled...body slam and yes parahax occurs on the first attack...then i decide to stall him out of dragon rage by using on the first turn body slam, on the second milk drink not fearing about crits and with the rest of his moves doing pathetic damage...so after an epic stall war gyarados was dead and sexy bitch showed once again how strong she is... next it was time for sexy to rest and snatch to shine...

it ohkoed both dragonairs thanks to its legendary insanely strong attack stat and ice fang...well kingdra was the real deal(i love that guy but i already have three strong water types(no time to train a horsea))but with correct timing between healing and attacking(and kingra getting trolled by hyper beam) and actually almost losing snatch i finally beat her...then i completed the dragon's den quest and pure the dratini joined the team...it is a rash nature with great sp.attack ivs so it's going to be a great draco meteor user...also caught nighter the gligar which will probably be the last member of the team...

after those new additions i was feeling confident about beating the kimono girls...from the first one whose umbreon wouldn't die i understood that it was gonna be tough...i managed to take out umbreon with rocker the golem even though it sustained a lot of damage...then came out espeon..i led with missy the misdreavus but espeon was way too fast for me...it used psychic taking out a lot of hp,while i used shadow ball for a similar amount of damage...but it was all over, someone had to die because every member was in ko range and i had no safe switch in...missy i am so sorry...at least peppers the feraligatr crunched it into oblivion...

the next battles were pretty harsh as well with flareon doing tons of damage with quick attack sending peppers into the red zone before i surf him...then vaporeon came out and i used my moomoo milk to heal peppers...but the critical surfs really gave me heart attacks...at least jolteon was a piece of cake for rocker....then i went to bell tower because it was night to add to the team the replacement of missy,yeah spooky the gastly...after killing ho-oh(i 'll catch it after i complete my challenge)i am ready to set for the pokemon league...

THE TEAM
PEPPERS the feraligatr

torrent
careful
female
level 39
headbutt
ice fang
surf
crunch

SNATCH the gyarados

intimidate
brave
male
level 41
aqua tail
dragon rage
bite
ice fang

ROCKER the golem

sturdy
serious
male
level 39
rock polish
earthquake
rock smash
rock slide

SEXY BITCH the miltank

scrappy
careful
female
level 36
zen headbutt
rollout
body slam
milk drink

SPOOKY the gengar

levitate
modest
male
level 30
shadow ball
focus blast
night shade
confuse ray

BOXED
CHUCK the poliwrath
SNIPE the horsea
JELLY the tentacool
JET the pidgey
BURGY the drowzee
EXCABE the sandshrew
CHAMP the unown
FLYCATCH the weepinbell
SNOWY the swinub
PURE the dratini
NIGHTY the gligar
PURE and NIGHTY might join the team soon

PASSED AWAY
POSE the togepi
BULB the oddish
MINESWEEPE th koffing
WAFFLES the flaffy
WHATTODO the eevee
MISSY the misdreavus...died against the espeon of the second kimono girl due to its psychic being extremely strong and me not being overestimating its offensive and defensive capabilities...the worst casualty so far...

PREVIOUS PARTS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)