Nuzlocke Challenge

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Its been ages since I last updated but in game I went to the battle frontier a fair bit and got lots of cool moves. I also have done a fair bit of grinding.

Recap if anyone wants it
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3111798&postcount=1868

After my victory over Clair I was almost delirious with joy. I had escaped from that hell hole of a prision and beaten there challenge. I was a free man!

I went to the pokemon centre to heal up and to rest. The night passed and I left the pokemon centre ready for a new day. To my surprise I see Clair waiting for me outside. She looks pissed and I feel a twinge of fear. It was stupid, I had nothing to worry about as I had all 8 badges. Yet despite all of this I could not shake the feeling of forbidding as I approached Clair.

"Congrats" she told me,not even bothering to inject any enthusiasm into her voice. SHe went on launching into a rant about how inferior I was compared to her. However, my world was rocked when she informed me that my challenge was not yet over, that I had to beat the Elite of the pokemon world, the Elite Four.

I was so shocked I could not utter a word as she gave me directions to the League before leaving. I slumped to the ground. I felt pure terror. No-body had ever beaten the Elite Four in Johto before and while I knew that I had a strong team, I doubted my abilities were strong enough to deal with them. To train my team in preparation I challenged the Kimono Girls with RBG leading. It was lucky I had RBG leading as with U-Turn he was able to give me a decent match-up despite the Kimono Girls attempting to gain positive match-ups. Victorious in my quest I travelled to Victory Road and trained there. I picked up 2 new party members, Tremor (Phanpy) and Lee (Hitmonlee) Finally I could delay in this no longer and challenged the Elite Four.

As it turns out I should not have been worried. RBG smashed Will with the help of Chaos and Sorbek.

Koga was destroyed by Chaos and Aura

Bruno was soloed pretty much by RBG although Aura helped as well.

Karen proved difficult however Lee and RBG threatened a number of her pokemon with Aura destroying her Gengar.

At long last I entered the Final room. Lance stood before me and I knew that I would have a tough battle on my hands. The final test had begun.

Lance lead off with Gyarados while I lead with Chaos. Lance initially appeared confient until Chaos smashed Gyarados with a thunderbolt and then Nidoking cleaned up Lances Dragonite with an Ice Beam. I felt a surge of confidence, thought that this wold be a breeze. The Lance sent in his powerhouse, a Level 50 Dragonite which faced off against my Chaos. Chaos blasted an Ice Beam and Dragonite tumbled to the ground. Then Dragonite slowley got back to its feet and blasted an Outrage. Chaos was blasted into the ground by the powerful attack, It too struggled to its feet, both Titans crippled and near death. Suddenly Dragonite glowed purple and I realised that Nidoking's horn had shrapped along Dragonite during the outrage thus poisioning it. Dragonite fel to the ground unable to continue. Lance sent out his third Dragonite, ready to break my team down. I retreated to Sorbek who was met with a thunderwave, crippling it. Dragonuite then launched an incrediably powerful Hyper Beam, It slammed into my Sorbek which managed to survive and take Dragonite down with two Ice Fangs.

Lance was lost most of his team but still looked confident. With Sorbek nearly finished he sent in Aerodactyl believing that my Ice Moves would not beat him thanks to Aero's high speed. With my powerhouses gone I sent in Tremor which had evolved into a Donphan. Lance launched a flurry of attacks but Tremor weathered the storm and 2KO'ed Aero with Ice Shard. Aero's attacks had taken there toll though, and I was in danger of having my weakened team torn apart. Lances last was a Charazard. With Nidoking, Lee, Chaos, Donphan crippled or unable to harm it I had to send in my trusty RBG to duel with the Fiery Lizard. RBG had never failed me and showed its guts and it traded blows with Charazard. It took and Air Slash before hitting Charazard with a Cross Poison which poisoned it. This proved to be decisive as Crobat was able to dodge a Flamethrower with Fly before landing the killer blow.

Lance was defeated

And I was crowned Champion.

Elm met me on the steps flanked by 2 representatives of the of the facilitiy that I had escaped from. They took me back to New Bark Town and I rested for a while.

For a time I did nothing really, I cruised around and relaxed. I was outside on say playng with my pokemon when I saw a familiar foe running towards me. Matt was running towards me. He prety much crash tackled me back into the house and told me to leave. I asked him what on earth he was doing. The challenge was over, I had won.

Matt looked at me as if I was stupid. "You don't get it do you?" he asked. Confused, I asked him what he meant.

"Dude you don't get it, the Facility is RUN by the Pokemon League, " he told me. Apparently Matt had been busy why I had been training for the E4 and he had discovered that the Pokemon League had been behind the Nuzlocke Challenge. "You gotta run" Matt told me "Go to Kanto man, Train and beat the leaders there" stunned I raced up the stairs to my bedroom, grabbing clothes while Matt kept tring to explain. Apparently the League had been humiliated at my Victory and had been re-training in earnest. There plan was to recall me to the League and then destroy me with a Level advantage. If I lost that battle my Nuzlocke victory would be declared void and in all probability the Necklace would detonate, killing me. I would be the warning to NEVER disobey the League.

My head was still spinning with all these revaluations when I heard a knock at the door. Matt and I looked at each other. That knock was a symbol of authority, the League were hear and by pure chance Matt had arrived in time to warn me. There was a Bang and a Tyranitar smashed down the door. A Metagross's cry was heard and we realised that there was more than one person outside. Without a word Matt ad I drew our Pokeballs, I flash of red light and Sobek was at my side. Matt sent out a Meganium and held up 3 fingers, then 2. In a flash we stormed into the room launching our STAB attacks. We heard a cry of rage and Metagross smashed down a wall behind me. Matt and I stood back to back as Metagross and Tyranitar eyed us. Matt narrowed his eyes. "You gotta go man, its you they want", he whispered. I bared my teeth, not wanting to run but I knew that Matt was right. I charged toward the Metagross. It was such an unexpected move that Metagross was caught by surprise. I dodged as its Meteor Mash swung toward me. I threw a ball, RBG at my side. Another flash of red light and Sorbek was gone, returned to my ball. RBG swept me up and I flew away at great speed. I made it to Olivine and managed to get onto the Ferry. After a few hours the boat docked at Vermilion City. I had escaped

I knew that the League would be looking for me so I started training immediately. I stored Chaos and Lee in a box and caught a Houndour and Makuhita and started leveling them up. Tremor defeated Surge and when Houndour (Anubis) evolved into Houndoom Sabrina was crushed by RBG and Anubis working together. however, I still had a long way to go...

My Team

RBG (Male) (Crobat)
Lv 53
Impish
-Heat Wave
-Fly
-U-Turn
-Roost

Aura (Male) (Espeon)
Lv 51
Mild
-Calm Mind
-Signal Beam
-Psybeam
-Swift

Tremor (Male) (Donphan)
Lv 55
Brave
-Giga Impact
-Earthquake
-Seed Bomb
-Ice Shard

Anubis (Male) (Houndoom)
Lv 60
Sassy
-Fire Blast
-Dark Pulse
-Sucker Punch
-Nasty Plot

Fury (Male) (Hariyama)
Lv 50
Timid
-Substitute
-Stone Edge
-Focus Punch
-Payback

Sobek (Male) (Feraligatr)
Lv 51
Naive
-Outrage
-Waterfall
-Superpower
-Swords Dance

This is normally the kind of thing I would put on the NS website, but I'm posting it here to provide the link to the org paragraph. I have put all Nuzlocke related activities (including the Chapter One release) on hold until finals get over next week. I expect to release Chapter One with the rest of the power-edit on the NS website around Christmas time, as I found three days where I can constantly write over break. Just wanted to link to the org paragraph, and give a brief update. Oh, and yay! Ginganinja is back! You inspired me to actually do the Nuzlocke for real. Thank you!

update i restarted with totodile and i caught myself a sentret so things are lookn up hopefully ill geta marreep this time and i can finally fry falkner

Pokemon black is looking great for nuzlocke challenge! You don't have to abandon route 1 anymore, as it's not your first battle! Running it now.

Time for update #14 of Flamestrike's Nuzlocke challenge!
Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4
Update #5
Update #6
Update #7
Update #8
Update #9
Update #10
Update #11
Update #12
Update #13

Caught Courtney the Starmie up to the rest of the team, then tested her out on Blaine. Needless to say, battle didn't last long. Remembered that I hadn't done Mt.Moon yet, so went there and beat my rival for the last time in a fairly easy match, then headed to Viridian for the final and arguably most difficult badge.
Took down the Gym Trainers, and headed for Blue. Led with Exeguttor against Courtney, who Ice Beamed for the easy KO. Blue next threw caution to the wind and put Rhydon out against me. One Surf later and it was 6-4. Then came Machamp. Stupid me didn't teach Courtney Psychic, and a quick look on Bulbapedia tells me his Machamp knows ThunderPunch, so I need to switch. Petula can't take two hits and can't OHKO, Matty can't switch in on ThunderPunch, Jill can't take a DynamicPunch on the next turn, and Houston won't win the 1-on-1 matchup. My only choice is Tyler, who takes a little under half from the ThunderPunch. I hit Psychic, expecting a OHKO.

It lives with that almost impossible to see sliver of health.

I heal a bit of health back with Shell Bell, and he hits me with a Stone Edge. I'm expecting the loss of my Alakazam, but Tyler comes through in a huge way, living with practically nothing left. Thank you Shell Bell! A Full Restore on Machamp and two more Psychics later, and Machamp goes down. Arcanine comes next, and Courtney switches back in, taking the Extremespeed with ease and killing it with Surf. Next comes Pidgeot, who I expect to give me no trouble as I Ice Beam it. It does about 2/3rd, then Sitrus Berry heals it, leaving it right around the amount of damage I can do with Ice Beam. It then hits me with Return, and after Leftovers I'm sitting at a point where I can only just barely live another one, and a crit would do me in for sure. I consider switching, but I know that if I go to Jill then Gyarados gets a free setup while I switch to either Courtney or Petula (in retrospect, this would have been perfectly fine since Petula had a Focus Sash, but I completely forgot about this at the time), possibly causing a sweep and definitely causing the loss of at least 1 Pokemon. With that in mind, I go for the Ice Beam. It lives on the same sliver of health as Machamp did and goes for Return.

I live on 7 HP.

That was all she wrote; two Ice Beams (another Full Restore was used on his side) took down Pidgeot, and Gyarados was destroyed with a single Thunderbolt. I got my badge, left the Gym, and went to see Oak to get Rock Climb and permission to go to Mount Silver. My next update (after a long, long grind) will be Red, this time in full story mode!

Alive:
Matty the male Togekiss: Level 60, Quiet nature
-Roost
-Fire Blast
-Aura Sphere
-Air Slash
As the team continues to bond and get stronger in preparation for the final push to the end of the challenge, Matty leads the charge. Always cheerful despite the horrors he has faced, Matty is the anchor of the team, both in battle, where he serves as a useful defensive pivot and offensive force, and outside of it, where he provides moral support and is always willing to lend help and advice to any team member.

Jill the female Golem: Level 60, Rash nature
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Double-Edge
-Rock Smash
Jill has her sights set on the end of the challenge, and is ready to ensure that everyone in the team makes it there safely. Her rock-solid defense and powerful moves combine to make her a force to be reckoned with, despite her crippling type disadvantages.

Tyler the male Alakazam: Level 59, Bashful nature
-Recover
-Focus Blast
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
Tyler, as always, has been quietly preparing on his own for the home stretch, although he's always willing to give advice to those who ask. A powerful special attacker, he has been called on many times to face tough opponents, and he hasn't failed yet.

Houston the male Machamp: Level 60, Relaxed nature
-Payback
-Strength
-DynamicPunch
-Earthquake
Houston's powerful moves make him an important member of the team, and his defensive capabilities are not to be underestimated either. He has been training more and more in hopes that when it's time for the final challenges he'll be called upon to make a difference.

Petula the female Gengar: Level 60, Rash Nature
-Hypnosis
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
Always fooling around and being mischievous, Petula hasn't lost sight of the goal of the challenge, ready to fight at any time despite her usual attitude. She fares well in battle too; she's the strongest attacker on the team and while her defenses leave something to be desired it usually doesn't matter because anything she fights is usually dead before it can strike back.

Courtney the genderless Starmie: Level 60, Docile Nature
-Hydro Pump
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
Anthony's replacement on the team, Courtney is a quiet Pokemon. Even after evolution, she is still shy, worried that the others won't accept her. However, she has proven herself more than worthy in battle, taking on the lion's share of the work in the last two Kanto Gym battles, and no doubt she'll called for again in these final chapters.

Boxed:
Catherine the female Caterpie: Level 4, Lax nature
Laura the female Spearow: Level 3, Sassy nature
Kaila the female Drowzee: Level 10, Modest nature
Zach the male Nidoran: Level 12, Lax nature
Justin the male Kakuna: Level 13, Careful nature
Eric the male Sudowoodo: Level 20, Lax nature
Dylan the male Mankey: Level 15, Docile nature
Natasha the female Flaffy: Level 16, Mild nature
Jenn the female Rattata: Level 15, Bashful nature
Jillian the genderless Magnemite: Level 16, Jolly nature
Kayla the female Gyarados: Level 21, Jolly nature
Luke the male Tentacool: Level 20, Modest nature
Bill the male Weepinbell: Level 22, Modest nature
Colleen the female Gligar: Level 24, Calm nature
Ron the male Dratini: Level 15, ? nature
David the male Snorlax: Level 50, Modest nature
John the male Diglett: Level 17, Rash nature
Nikita the female Krabby: Level 25, Impish nature
Adam the male Tauros: Level 20, Hardy nature

Dead:
Corey the male Cyndaquil: Level 13, Mild nature
-Quick Attack
-Leer
-Smokescreen
-Ember
Though shy, Corey was brave and always willing to stand up for his friends. He was my first Pokemon and I had hoped to have him along for the entire challenge. Unfortunately, Falkner ended those hopes with a critical hit Tackle from Pidgeotto that took me by surprise and ended my starter's life. RIP

Nick the male Rattata: Level 12, Mild nature
-Rock Smash
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Bite
Nick was the troublemaker of the group, but he was always ready to fight for his friends and was really close to Corey. After Corey's death I figured Nick was my best bet to finish off Falkner's Pidgeotto, but Roost gave it just enough time to kill Nick. RIP

Andrew the male Zubat: Level 20, Careful nature
-Wing Attack
-Supersonic
-Astonish
-Bite
Andrew was the oddball of the group, and sometimes got on everyone's nerves, especially Melinda, who disliked him. However, the rest of the team liked him, and he became close friends with Jill. Sadly, he was a victim of my overconfidence, and was beaten by a Kadabra's Confusion before he had the chance to do anything. RIP

Melinda the female Weepinbell: Level 21, Lax nature
-Vine Whip
-Sleep Powder
-Cut
-Poison Powder
After the deaths of Corey and Nick, Melinda quickly became a key member of my team. While a great friend, she was rather uptight, and as a result she didn't get along with Andrew. However, after Andrew's death she was wracked with guilt, and determined to be friendly to any and every new member that joined. Unfortunately, she didn't live long enough to see a new member, as a Bite crit, Sleep Powder miss, and Ice Fang all combined to bring her down. RIP.

Sara the female Pidgeotto: Level 22, Relaxed nature
-Whirlwind
-Twister
-Gust
-Quick Attack
My team leader after Corey's early death, Sara was easy to anger but a great friend nonetheless. She bonded well with everyone on the team, and was saddened by every loss. However, not long after Melinda's death, she fought a Charmeleon and after missing multiple Quick Attacks due to Smokescreen a Dragon Rage killed her. RIP.

Kyle the male Chinchou: Level 48, Hasty nature
-Surf
-Blizzard
-Discharge
-Signal Beam
Kyle was a key member of the group from day 1; his combination of types plus the ability to learn Blizzard made him invaluable. The team also loved him and his carefree, friendly attitude. He certainly didn't deserve the death he got; I got greedy and was using Signal Beam to kill a Donphan when I should have played it safe and killed it with Surf, and Kyle was killed by a lucky Magnitude 10. RIP.

Anthony the male Mamoswine: Level 50, Jolly nature
-Ice Fang
-Ice Shard
-Endure
-Earthquake
When he first joined the team, he was an extremely shy Swinub, ashamed of his pitiful battle skills. Two quick evolutions later, and he was suddenly a powerful Mamoswine, clearly a major powerhouse of team. He was extremely arrogant because of this, but Kyle's death humbled him and he started to become more cooperative. He shared in the glory of the Elite 4 victory, but was killed in the battle with Lt. Surge by Electabuzz's Low Kick. RIP.

@Flamestrike: Wow... that's a lot of HAX...

Anyways, I have closed down most of my website as:

A) I needed to make some changes.
B) It just looked really stupid.
C) I wasn't sure if it was legal with Smogon rules or not.

As far as things go, if it is actually legal, I will open it back up. There have been numerous new Announcements, most of which form an attempt to get the thread back to its former glory. Sorry for the inconvienence and whatnot, but the site can now function as a base of operations from now on, and Flamestrike and I will (likely) have some discussions about how to best use it to that end.

Have a nice day.

EDIT: Some of the site is back up. There is a poll there. I was unable to decide on whether or not Oak should live in the power-edit. Give your thoughts there. Also, if you have any good ideas on how to get this thread more energy, feel free to contact me with them.

Chapter 2: Enter King

Longer version got erased accidentally, not typing it all again.

tl;dr version

-Piplup is starter
-Corrupted with Evil Energy, officially starts the Nuzlocke
-King is Piplup's nickname
-Captured Starly, named it Rockman

End chapter. Actual story coming next time.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I currently have an Emerald Nuzlocke in reserve.
Treecko lv 12
Zigzagoon lv 10
Marill lv 8

I will continue and update after the conclusion of my Scramble challenge.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
All right, I'll give an update.

Currently, I'm in Cinnabar, slowly working my way through the mansion and Digging out.

I've had some close battles, especially against Sabrina. Damn Calm Mind.

Golduck (Dux) -M
Lonely
Cloud Nine
Level 36
-Surf
-Confusion
-Brick Break
-Disable (might be replaced)

Hasn't had a chance to do much, I was taking a break from Silph Co. and went to Seafoam to catch this duck. He'll be shining soon.

Dugtrio (App) -M
Adamant
Arena Trap
Level 40
-Cut
-Magnitude
-Rock Slide
-Aerial Ace

Despite not getting the right Magnitude at all the wrong moments, he's really helped the team a lot.

Jolteon (Foxy) -F
Timid
Volt Absorb
Level 41
-Shock Wave
-Secret Power
-Sand-Attack
-Bite

Probably my MVP. Pretty much raped the Psychic gym with Bite and pretty high SpD, along with every Water Pokemon I've seen since it evolved. It passed up Venusaur once.

Haunter (Scrooge) -M
Naive
Levitate
Level 40
-Thief
-Psychic
-Dream Eater
-Destiny Bond

Fills its own niche, but a damn useful one at that - it kills Poisons, Fighters, and can stand up to Normal 'mons. Often usseful outside of this too.

Venusaur (Kaz) -M
Hardy
Overgrow
Level 42
-Secret Power
-Razor Leaf
-Leech Seed
-Sleep Powder

Damn movepool. Oh well, Venusaur has done a good job on my team. Catches Pokemon like a champ and does his fair share of killing. Frenzy Plant will help a lot.

Raticate (Buck) -M
Quirky
Run Away
Level 36
-Quick Attack
-Strength
-Hyper Beam
-Dig

A newcomer from the mansion. I had some replenishable TMs, and to get stronger he'll need them with 60 Attack.

Metapod (Flutter) -F
Level 7
Hasty
-Tackle
-String Shot
-Harden

Pidgeotto (Flyte) -M
Level 19
Rash
-Tackle
-Sand Attack
-Gust
-Quick Attack

Zubat (Blip) -F
Level 14
Naive
-Leech Life
-Astonish
-Supersonic

Pidgey (Revival) -F
Level 17
Impish
-Tackle
-Sand-Attack
-Gust
-Quick Attack

RIP my friends.

Species (NN) -Gender Level
Rattata (Kate) -F 3
SHINY Rattata (Golden Eye) -F 22
Growlithe (Fauna) -F 20
Dratini (Mythos) -M 22
Spearow (Ace) -M 6
Mankey (Peggy) -F 10
Magikarp (LOLfish) -F 5
Voltorb (Imitation!) -x 16
Hitmonlee (Kill) -M 25
Horsea (Kelp) -M 23
Gloom (Flora) -F 29 ...I was using her for a while, but she eventually became a burden.
Snorlax (Punk) -M 30
Geodude (Balboa) -M 19
Seadra (Spikess) -F 30
Goldeen (OceanusRex) -M 15
Weedle (Styng) -M 7
Venonat (Bugdot) -F 24
Ekans (Snaaake) -F 15
Lapras (Fen) -M 25
Drowzee (Tapir) -M 12
Tentacool (Jel) -F 5
Tangela (Mess) -F 22
Aerodactyl (Rawr) -M 5
Omanyte (Omz) -M 5
Doduo (Kenya) -F 26

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Part 2

Ugh...Just got done with an insane homework load...exams next week. Though honestly, exams won't be that bad. This week was bad, and now that I have more time...
DetroitLolcat's Soulsilver Nuzlocke Challenge!
Part Two: Crisis at Elm Laboratories!

Where did we leave off...Ah, of course. Cherrygrove City. Lolcat steps into Cherrygrove City, but after he passes the gate into the city, an old man stops him. He drones on about how I'm a rookie Trainer and that everyone is a rookie and how I don't have running shoes and that Pokecenters are cool and that I can't use Pokemarts and that the the sea is blue and that he has a house and how run-on sentences are bad. Lolcat heals at the Pokemon Center and prepares to hit Route 30.
Before Lolcat could enter Route 30, the Guide Gent stops Lolcat a second time.
"Hey, kid. I've been working on some illegal Pokegear software, and I want you to demo the beta. No charge."
Loclat replies, "This is the PornLove4Seniors app..."
"Oh, sorry, here's the Map Card"

Lolcat gets a Town Map on the Pokegear and leaves Cherrygrove behind him, saying "AYOO, gotta let go." Lolcat runs on Route 30 uneventfully until a man stops him and gives him an Apricorn Box. I can use them to make Pokeballs :D! Later, Lolcat crosses a grassy path to Mr. Pokemon's house.

"Hey, Mr. Pokemon. Elm sent me to get something from you?"
"It is dangerous to go alone. Take this."
Lolcat got a Mystery Egg. Yum!
Mr. Pokemon compliments Elm for being a distinguished scientist and sends Lolcat off with a healed Cyndaquil. Professor Elm provides Lolcat with the Pokedex v4.5, a recent invention of Oak, the creator of the original Pokedex. Well, Lolcat needs to head back to the Lab to deliver the Egg to Elm. Lolcat also gets Oak's number, but Lolcat should just wait until he realizes that it's really the sex line!

Lolcat exits Mr. Pokemon's house until he gets a message from Elm:

"Lolcat! Hurry! There's been a disaster! OH MY GOD HE'S DEAD! Someone call the police, no, the Army! God help us! Lolcat! I need you at my Lab as sooAHHHHHHHHH"

The line died. Lolcat runs quickly to Cherrygrove City and heals. As Lolcat leaves the city, the game music becomes darker and shit was about to go down.
"You got a Pokemon at the Lab. Congratulations, and just in time, too. Heh. That Cyndathing is too good for you, anyway. You don't need that thing anymore. Allow me to do the honors"

Lolcat sends out a Cyndaquil to match the boy's Totodile. Quil Tackles Toto but fails to connect. Totodile Leers Quil. I Tackle, He Scratches for the crit. I tackle, he Scratches for a second crit. I'm at one HP. This is BS hax. He Leers, I Tackle for the KO.

"Gaah. I gave this stupid Pokemon the CritRoids that I stole from that Lab and this loser alligator still lost? You're weak, but this Pokemon's weaker. Remember me., I will be great."

Lolcat returns to New Bark Town and sees what one passerby boy can do.

New Bark Town was in shambles. Elm Laboratories were reduced to a burnt mess, except for the second floor, which was intact. The Pokemon Lab was demolished, the two southern houses were mere ashes. Lolcat's house survived the assault, but it was still reduced to a one-story discombobulated mess. The townspeople were absent, and Lolcat assumed the worst.

After wandering the town for about five minutes, a man and a woman apprehensively approached Lolcat.
"Y...y...you...", the woman began. "Where... were you four h...hou... hours a...go?"
"I was running an errand for Elm. He gave me his Cyndaquil..."
"H...his Cyndaquil? Yo...you need to go talk to Elm..."
Lolcat treaded quickly to what was formerly second floor of Elm Laboratories, which obviously collapsed in the fire and was now a one story, one room shelter.

About half of the people from two hours ago were found in Elm's shelter, crowded around a small fire.

"Welcome, traveler", said Elm, "We're sorry we don't have much, but...wait? Is that you Lolcat?"
"Yeah, Professor, what happened here?"
"That boy looking in the window earlier. After sending you off on that errand, I went back to my studies. That boy came in and started lecturing me about what makes a strong Trainer, and that weak Trainers deserve to die. He was appalled that I sent you with a free Pokemon, and then he went outside and..."

Elm took a long pause, holding back tears"

"He attacked. He had guns and grenades with him, and torched the two houses in the front of this town. He shot about a third of the town's population too. He then grenaded your house, but cared more about taking out Elm Labs. He blew up my research, and stole my Totodile. My Chikorita died in the fire. He claimed that this town was for weak Trainers, and that it didn't need to exist. He stole my recent project, the CritRoids. They allow a pokemon to always land critical hits. They last until the pokemon faints. I only had one prototype of them, and now I have to restart the project. But that's selfish. Nearly half of the townspeople are dead and the rest are in shambles."

Lolcat spoke with a solemn voice: "Professor Elm...where's my mother?"

Elm showed no emotion: "Lolcat...you're mother...is not dead. Most people in the attack were either killed or not hurt at all. Your mother had a broken leg, arm, and two cracked ribs when we found her. She was suffering third-degree burns as well. We called an ambulance but the nearest hospital is Goldenrod National Hospital, which is three hours from here. She might not make it."

"That man" Lolcat exclaimed, "must pay. For New Bark. For Johto for Arceus' sake. He will not escape me next time we meet."

A policeman entered the shelter and shined his flashlight on Lolcat.

"Halt! Who are you?"

"I'm Lolcat. I'm a Trainer." Lolcat shows the officer his Trainer Card.

"So YOU torched the town? Team! Move in!"

Lyra, another survivor told the policeman: "Lolcat wasn't here during the fire. He was in Cherrygrove running an errand."
Elm immediately supported Lyra's claim.

"Fine. Does anyone here have any leads?"

Lolcat responded: "His name was...Noob. I saw his Trainer Card."

After hearing about the police promising to search for the killer Lolcat asks Lyra a question:

"Lyra...what happened to your Marill?"

Lyra responded, "He didn't make it. He was level 100, so his Hydro Pumps were strong enough to put out the fires. That boy saw Marill as a threat, and he shot Marill. Marill didn't make it..."

Lyra leaves and Lolcat delivers the Egg to Elm.

Elm takes the Egg and tells Lolcat: "You know, Lolcat. I'm one of the younger of the Professors, the second youngest to be exact. I was thinking of taking the Pokemon League Challenge before I retire, but I need to protect New Bark from another attack. You have one of my Pokemon, and I do bring pride to the shattered New Bark Town; show that we can contend on the national stage. I want you to start challenging Gyms. If you defeat eight of them, you can go to the Indigo Plateau and take on the Elite Four. I want you to try it."

Lolcat realized that this Nuzlocke Challenge just got a lot harder...
End of Part Two

This seemed like a good place to end Part Two. I'm going to start Part Three immediately.

Okay so I have defeated flannery. The farther I get into sapphire the more I think I could be destroying everything if I started with mudkip. Flannery managed to take out two of my guys, but my own torkoal managed to finish her torkoal off. My main advantage over Norman is gone now though.

Bart the grovyle lv 26
- Really wasn't that useful this time around, his moves are simply too weak, it's annoying to rely on absorb for STAB.

Otto the gloom lv 26
- Was useful for taking down team aqua, though I didn't dare you use him on the gym. Waiting for it to get moonlight,then evolving it.

Alex the plusle lv 27
- Still pretty useful because of thunder wave and encore. I found out that he has hidden power fire, not the best but it least it runs off his okay sp attack.

Bowser the torkoal lv 27
- Crucial member of my team, he managed to finish off each of flannery's pokemon. After a few curses his body slam destroys almost everything. Too bad he can't take a special hit

Cryo
Geddy the whismur, Floppy the magikarp, Homer the numel, Peach the swablu

Dead
Amy the tailow, John the aron, Blinky the tentacool, Selma the dustox
Jinx the machoke lv 28
- One of the best members of my team until he took a torkoal -6 overheat... And it was a critical hit. I was hoping to have a machamp for norman too.

Neil the linoone lv 27
- He wasn't really used, and I ended up using him to take an overheat so my plusle could safely switch in and paralyze torkoal. I need a new rock smasher now though

Contest

Well, we've had more than 78 Pages of Nuzlocke challenges now. Part of the reasoning behind the org paragraph was to restart activity within the thread. So, I figured that a good place to start would be a simple poll/contest/vote/whatever. Flamestrike has been ignoring me (because I am admittedly annoying), so I decided to do this on my own. I was attempting to decide between three choices for the first poll, and I really couldn't, so I used a good old-fashioned RNG (a die) to puck, and nickname won. At some point tomorrow, I will post the poll on the site in my sig (we didn't start the thread, so we can't do polls in the thread), you can PM me or post in the thread your favorite nickname for a Pokemon in 78+ pages of Nuzlockes. After that, some of the best/more nominated ones will be put in a mc vote to decide. Let the voting begin!

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Insert witty one-liner here!
DetroitLolcat's Soulsilver Nuzlocke Challenge
Part 3: Title Pending!

Lolcat solemnly exits Elm's shelter to go back to the remnants to his house. His mother left him a note:

"As soon as Elm gave you the Cyndaquil, he told me about it. I want to help you on your journey, so I set you up an account at Second Johto Bank and Trust. When you get money, some of it will be transferred to a savings account there, which you can access through Pokegear. Good luck on your journey. Maybe we'll meet up in Goldenrod, I'll be there a while...

-Mom"

Lolcat prays for him mother and heads off to Cherrygrove, but he meets Lyra.

Lyra and a Marill were catching a Rattata together.

"I though Marill was...you know...going to Pokemon Tower?"
"I caught a new one. She'll never be the same as the first one, but it helps me get over the pain, you know? And Marills are SOOOOO cute!"

Lyra gives Lolcat some Pokeballs and Lolcat heads toward Cherrygrove City a second time. Lolcat arrives in Cherrygrove City and proceeds to Route 30. On Route 30, Lolcat progresses through some grass and meets his first Trainer battle, outside of that terrorist of course.

"You look weak. IMMA KEEL YOUUUUUU!", said the boy who can speak in capital letters.

Lolcat battle Youngster Joey's Level 4 Rattata, which might be in the top percentage of Rattatas, but is definitely in the bottom percentage of Cyndaquils. Another Youngster with some level 2s fell later. A bug catcher fought Lolcat, but the only bug he caught was herpes, as he was raped (figuratively), but that's not what we care about. Lolcat plods further onto Route 31, which means...

TIME TO CATCH A POGEYMANZ, and the LUKKY POGEYMANZ is...

HOOTHOOT! Yay! I love hooters, and a Sleep move at level 5??? Yes please. Bashful nature, btw, so no boosts or hindrances. Meh. Time to grind it a little!

A FEW LEVELS LATER, APPARENTLY!

Lolcat levels Hooters up to 6, then enters the Dark Cave for a third member. Will it be Geodude, Zubat, or Dunsparce. Probability says Geodude. And a Geodude it was. Fuck. I can't trade. I realized that it will be of absolutely no use to me unless I grind, so I decide not to take a Pokemon from Dark Cave.

Ehh, I'll stop here. Boredom.

Haven't updated in a while, but there have been some big changes in my team. (I realise these posts have no story and are a bit boring, will fix that for my next nuzlocke/E4)

New members:
Caught Marty (Sneazel) Lake Acurity
Caught Scratt (Pachirisu) Fuego Ironworks
Caught Chatroll (Chatot, Name uses Troll and rickroll, Troll because it took 15 Ultratballs and a few Great Balls to catch, Rickroll because its a song that gets annoying after a while) Route 222
Caught The Mayor (Peliper, In Blinky Bill the mayor was a Pelican) Route 223.
Caught Sydney (Wingull, name from Finding Nemo, all the seagulls were in sydney) Route 219
Caught Pistorella (Remoraid, It's based on a pistol) Pokemon Leage
Caught Chromium (Steelix, the name is a shiny silver metal) Victory Road

Deaths:
*Psymage lv43 Alakazam
*Gloseph lv44 Tentacruel
MUDKIPZ2.0 lv16 Bidoof
Mr. Fish lv 34 Gyarados
FiremanSam lv30 Monferno
Arm-hat lv26 Shieldon
ThundaKovu lv26 Luxio
Jennay lv18 Geodude
ZUBAT lv9
McCartney lv10 Starly

*New Deaths

Current Team:
Hindenburg lv51 Drifblim
Nettle lv51 Roserade
Jeckell lv51 Lucario (renamed from Lurioca)
Marty lv51 Weavile
Armaggedon lv50 Gastrodon
Zout lv 50 Garchomp

I boxed Machamp for Lucario, and Dustox for Weavile. Gastrodon and Garchomp replaced Alakazam and Tentacruel. This means my psychic weakness is down to 1 from 4.

I've gotten through Victory Road, but i think i need to train quite a bit before facing the E4.

Anyone see any severe holes in my team or anything that needs fixing?

Chapter Seven: Unforgivable

It's been a long time since I've updated this blog, so I suppose I should just do a quick summary of what I've done over the last few months. I've acquired four more Gym badges - Lt. Surge of Vermilion's Thunder Badge, Erika of Celadon's Rainbow Badge, Koga of Fuschia's Soul Badge, and Sabrina of Saffron's Marsh Badge. The team has grown. Seedan is now a Venusaur. It turned out that his restlessness and rage were a result of him being quite close to evolution. My Pokémon are different too, in fact, of the team I had upon entering the S.S. Anne, only Seedan and Hypnan (who has also evolved) remain. Sporran was replaced by a Doduo, due to its superior speed and power, who I named Peckan. In Saffron City, I won a Hitmonlee, who instantly became a valuable asset with his high speed and power. I named him MANan, and he replaced Hardan. I picked up a Voltorb, Zappan, whose electric attacks have been very useful against the many Water and Flying types I've found. Rounding out the team is Staran the Starmie, who replaced Scraban, for reasons I shall explain in the next paragraph. Nonetheless, his incredible type coverage, and ability to regenerate earned him a solid position.

I've kicked Team Rocket out of everywhere imaginable. Remember the grunts I encountered in Mt. Moon? Yeah, me neither. But they were seeking world domination from, of all places, the Game Corner in Celadon, and Pokémon Tower, THE FREAKING GRAVEYARD, in Lavender Town. At least the Silph takeover of Silph Co. made sense... Y'know, until I fucked that up for them too. Giovanni? More like GioFANNY! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH! However, my dealings with Team Rocket left a scar on my team that can't be healed...

---

"Alright, Scraban! Water Pulse!" The lithe Persian created a large orb of water in its mouth, and blasted it at the black-uniformed man's Koffing. However, it seemed almost unaffected by the blow.

"Pathetic, kid! You really think you'll stop us with a Pokémon like that? Let me do you a favour... Koffing, Selfdestruct!"

"Scraban, ret-"

KABOOOOOOOM!! I could barely see through the smoke... Or breathe. And my ears just kept ringing... But even so, I knew he was gone. Scraban, my Persian, lay beside the lifeless orb, which was still effervescing. He'd served me proudly for 28 levels, three Gyms, and innumerable trainers. And now, in the blink of an eye, he was gone. And there was nothing I could do.

But there was no time for tears. There were still at least a dozen Team Rocket grunts on this floor alone. Even so... the rage I felt at this man, laughing away at the burned corpse of Scraban... I had never felt such hatred and fury. I couldn't help myself. I lunged across the floor, and tackled him to the ground. Then I started hitting him, and I went on hitting him as long as I could, until his face was raw and bloody... And when all was said and done, I tossed him out the eighth floor window as he begged for mercy. His actions were unforgivable. Were mine?

---

And that's how Staran came to join the team... Granted, I needed someone to use Surf for me, but I don't know if he'd have become a permanent without that. In fact, I doubt it. I gave Scraban a proper burial at Pokémon Tower after the Silph Co. Crisis. And after that, I headed south, towards Cinnabar Island...

Well, we've had more than 78 Pages of Nuzlocke challenges now. Part of the reasoning behind the org paragraph was to restart activity within the thread. So, I figured that a good place to start would be a simple poll/contest/vote/whatever. Flamestrike has been ignoring me (because I am admittedly annoying), so I decided to do this on my own. I was attempting to decide between three choices for the first poll, and I really couldn't, so I used a good old-fashioned RNG (a die) to puck, and nickname won. At some point tomorrow, I will post the poll on the site in my sig (we didn't start the thread, so we can't do polls in the thread), you can PM me or post in the thread your favorite nickname for a Pokemon in 78+ pages of Nuzlockes. After that, some of the best/more nominated ones will be put in a mc vote to decide. Let the voting begin!
Sorry about that, I was supposed to be studying so I just figured I'd deal with it later and got off the site. Stupid exams -_-

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Finished the Islands series of events without losing more Pokemon.

Weird, I haven't had a death since the S.S. Anne.

Starting after I beat Giovanni, I will begin writing stories.

*facepalm* I swear some people with English as their second language have better spelling than I do. I'll fix spelling soon.

@Articblast: *Facedesk* Maybe writing a novel was a bad idea...

I'm playing through Emerald using Nuzlocke's rules. However, my internal battery ran dry so I'm playing in an eternal night. I'm doing a rough fanfic, trying to focus more on building the relations between my characters than provide imagery.

Chapter 1

For the entire week, the sky had remained dark, Hoenn was bathed in an eternal, hopeless night. I talked to Birch today, he agreed that something was wrong. There are people around, bad people. They're fighting over something which not even Birch knows about, but that's what he thinks has been causing all this darkness. I feel lucky, but also cheated. Since my family and Birch's are really important, we got moved here, to this safe zone. There are DEFINITELY people who know what's going on. So we're stuck here in this "Safe Zone." A gym leader and his family and the greatest mind of all time and his family. We're trapped by some sort of evil.

Of course, it gets even worse. Professer Birch's daughter May ran away. She sicced a Zigzagoon on her dad, stole Torchic, and broke. I don't think she's really herself anymore. I fought her by Oadale, she didn't even notice who she was fighting, she's practically gone insane. So I'm going after her. I stole Treecko, snagged a Potion from this Pokemart in Oadale, and I'm heading to Petalburg City, I need to tell my dad about this, but that's it, I won't let him stop me. I don't want to let anything happen to May. Her father would never live it over. We need to stick together if we want to survive this.

I started towards Petalburg and I caught a Lotad. I named it Justin, after my good friend who I left when we moved to the safe zone. He and Jeremy, my Treecko, get along pretty well. They watch each other's backs, almost more than they watch mine. I'm glad that they've got such good chemistry, it might be a long road ahead.

I passed by the some berry trees, they were all wilted, but I scavenged some berries off them. I don't know why so many things are dying. Justin has been having a really hard time, he doesn't know anything that can hurt most of the Pokemon that I'm battling, Jeremy fights hard, but Justin needs to start pulling his 2 pounds.

I talked to Dad, he's okay with me leaving the safe zone, even though he's appointed Head of Security and isn't supposed to do that. He asked me to smuggle this Kid Wally out, Wally caught a Ralts, which I thought were extinct, I hadn't seen one since I was around 5.

Wally and I went into the woods, the stealthiest way to leave the Safe Zone. I was scared out of my mind. I walked with Wally for a little bit, in those dank woods, but the place spooked me too much. I asked Wally to come back with me, but he refused. He's a determined guy, but he's acting reckless. I wonder if he's going through whatever May is...

At the league. First attempt at writing it as a story. I'll try and do a story for each member unless this isn't liked.
A little update, I grinded everyone to lv 58.
Also, if you haven't been reading updates, hindenburg is a drifblim.
Enjoy!

'This is it' thinks Broseph, 'the Pokemon league. I cannot turn back, to do so would be to forget the lives lost to help me get here.*
His mind turns back to those lost, with his mind resting on FiremanSam and Psymage, both friends and strong allies from the start, they gave their lives for the cause.*
'If only they could be here now...'
'You miss them don't you?' Hindenburg asks. Being the only original team member left, she knows Broseph better than the rest.*
'yeah I do, I can't believe I let them die. I've failed them.
'what do you mean?' says Hindenburg 'to fail them is to give up, and you haven't given up yet have you?'
'... No, I guess I haven't. Let's do it'

'Hold it! You're here to challenge the Pokemon league aren't you? Let's battle now!'
'Kevery! When did you get there? Now isn't a good time, I'm not prepared!'
'If you aren't prepared to face me, you aren't prepared to face them, go Staraptor!'
'I guess you're right, Go Hindenburg!, Hindenburg thunderbolt!'
'No fair! Go Empoleon!
'Hindenburg thunderbolt!'
'hit her with your metal claw, empoleon!'
'Hindenburg, she's on half health and paralysed, you can do it, hit her again!'
'Hang in there empoleon! Use brine!'
'One last thunderbolt'
Empoleon fainted
'you did good empoleon, go rapidash!'
'Hindenburg return, go Armageddon!
'since when do you have a gastrodon? Oh well, bounce!
'ugh not bounce, don't worry, when he comes down use surf'
'Rapidash! No! fine face roserade!'
'Go Marty you can handle him, use ice punch!'
'what's up win your team? First gastrodon now, weavile? Whats up with the new pokemon? Go heracross!'
'jeckyll, you can manage!'
'and a lucario? Heracross, use Ariel ace!'
'Jeckyll, extreemspeed, then finish him off with a close combat!'
'...go, snorlax...'
'jeckyll, closecombat again'

'I guess I'm not ready for the Pokemon league if I'm losing to you! Darn it! You watch, though! I'll get tougher and win my way through the Pokemon league! Because I'm going to become the Champion, the toughest Trainer! Broseph! You'd better not lose to anyone before me!'

'I think I'll heal my Pokemon, and then buy some healing items for the League'
'Broseph! That's against the rules!'
'but Hindenbuuuuurg! All the cool nuzkockers are doing it! It isn't really cheating if it's against the elite four! Besides i'll only do it between battles, I can't leave in between you see?
'I... I guess.'
'Come on then let's go'

'Ahem! Let me confirm that you are qualified to challenge the Pokemon League. So! Let us examine the Gym Badges you gathered from*Sinnoh'
'psst Hindenburg, why doesn't anyone want to let me fight yet?'
'shut up and listen to the man!'
'Oreburgh City's Coal Badge!
Eterna City's Forest Badge!
Veilstone City's Cobble Badge!
Pastoria City's Fen Badge!
Hearthome City's Relic*Badge!
Canalave City's Mine*Badge!
Snowpoint City's Icicle*Badge!
And...
Wait, where's the Beacon Badge from Sunnyshore?'
'I uh, umm, Wait! I know! It's here *fumble*'
'was that badge in you shoe?'
'uh yes sir, y'see I keep the newest badge in my shoe for good luck'
'oh, uh, In that case, Very well!
Trainer you have indeed collected all of the gym badges of sinnoh! Demonstrate the power that brought you here and go for glory!'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)