1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Nuzlocke Challenge

Discussion in 'Stark Mountain' started by Morm, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Ducklett Stare

Ducklett Stare

I was playing Pokemon XD for shits and giggles, and it made me wonder... can you Nuzlocke it/Colloseum? The obvious obstacle is how would you handle the capturing of Pokemon. Being able to catch only the first Pokemon per area is particularly brutal, even for Nuzlocke - and it would mean that everybody is running pretty much the same team. Any ideas on how to handle this? I'd love to Nuzlocke one of the console games.
  2. Flamestrike

Flamestrike

It's been mentioned a few times and IIRC someone attempted Colloseum. The problems are pretty well exactly what you listed, though I believe one remedy that has been used is to allow choosing which Pokemon you want to snag in a given area rather than being forced to take the first one in order to promote variety (otherwise everyone would have the same 12-15 Pokemon). Feel free to try it and tell us how it goes!
  3. Mr.L

Mr.L

@lolcat: Wow, Derp's not a lucky nickname...I advise avoiding that name in the future...lol

@Ducklett: Seeing how the only variety in Colluseum is what Johto Starter you get first, and in XD being Pokespots, i don't think a Nuzlocke is truly possible on a console game.
  4. Rediamond

Rediamond

@Ducklett Stare: In Soviet Russia, Orre Nuzlocke you!!

*shot*

Anyways, Flamestrike's idea is my favorite, and the one I will eventually do when FireRed and AA:JFA stop wasting my time... which is unlikely to happen. One other thing to consider is that it will be significantly harder to keep a Pokemon alive in double battles, and you have access to less as it is. Therefore, I don't thi k it is possible to do a conventional Orre Nuzlocke.

However, using Only the faint=death rule along with no items will still make for an interesting challenge...

Just my $0.02
  5. Ducklett Stare

Ducklett Stare

I'm finding XD tough enough even without Nuzlocke :x Doubles is just a whole 'nother beast. But I think I'll give it a go once I'm done with my regular play through, either on XD or Colliseum. Ever since finding out about Nuzlocke, I always feel like sort of a wuss if I'm not playing by those rules while playing a Pokemon game xP
  6. DetroitLolcat

DetroitLolcat Maize And Blue Badge Set :)
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

I would guess that XD/Colosseum are insane, as the opponent are higher level and DOUBLES. The last XD boss has every one of its moves hitting super effectivly against all your pokemon, so...good luck.
  7. Ducklett Stare

Ducklett Stare

Yeah, I've got no illusions that it's gonna be easy. I fully expect to fail, honestly :x I wanna give it the old college try though, if only just to say I did, haha. I'm already thinking of how I'm going to compose my team... I'm thinking I'm gonna want bulky 'mons, as opposed to quick, heavy hitters. I don't want to have to place my faith in frail sweepers.

I'm also still thinking of how I'm gonna handle Pokemon catching - I'm thinking that maybe I'll allow myself to catch whatever I see, but only give myself a certain amount of Pokeballs to do it - one, maybe. That means that I can potentially have variety in my team, but the added challenge is still there.

I'm also thinking about allowing myself to use Revives, but only ones I find on the ground. Give myself a mulligan or two, if you will. The run is going to be hard enough without them, dammit.
  8. Matterazi

Matterazi

Why the hell Res Ipsa stopped writing? It's was freakin' awesome ¬¬
  9. Carbon Lifeform

Carbon Lifeform

Update Two! So far no casualties, though I've started to prepare for them, just in case.

I entered the Petalburg Woods and got accosted by a Cascoon, whom I was going to just KO but then I remembered that Dustox learns Confusion, so I caught the Cascoon as a backup in case Imune2Crit's paper-thin defenses get her smashed to bits. His name is Suicoon.

Made it to Rustboro and went to Route 116, hoping for a Nincada (I really like Shedinja despite their tendency to get slaughtered) but found a Skitty instead. Not normally a fan of the little cat but I figured Cute Charm and Attract could actually be really helpful for saving some of my team from death, so I caught him and named him Nofirth.

Trained up Suicoon until it evolved into Dustox, learned Confusion (level 10) and then boxed him, and continued to train with Nofirth for a while, leveling up J Fly the Treecko and Imune2Crit the Ralts as well.

Roxanne was taken care of super easily thanks to J Fly, but that was the reason I picked him. Having a self-recovery move at the beginning of the game is working wonders. I took care of the Devon guy's Team Aqua problem (and caught a Whismur from the cave, named "Lolumad", who was promptly boxed) and then departed for Dewford. When I got there I went into the cave immediately (does anyone even use Flash?) and looked around for Steven.

An Aron attacked me in the cave, so I caught that insolent bugger and named him Skates. I'll keep him around because he might have a lot of use as a wall, alongside Nofirth's useful Attract. I found Steven, delivered the letter, and then taught Skates the Rock Tomb TM I got from Roxanne. Now it's time to train up before Brawly.

EDIT: Got the Old Rod from the guy in Dewford, went to the edge of the town so that it said my location was Route 107 and fished up a level 10 Magikarp. I don't know if anything will come from this, but a potential Gyarados is worth the annoying training and potential for losing him. His name is MK.

EDIT2: Decided that, since I delivered the letter, I should head back to Rustboro and pick up my EXP Share. It's very useful for helping MK out while also training Skates and the others. :)

EDIT3: Done training; results below. Trained Suicoon the Dustox too just in case I lost Imune2Crit to Brawly and need another Psychic move and fast.

Current Team:

(Party)
    -J Fly the Grovyle, level 18.
    -Imune2Crit the Ralts, level 17.
    -Nofirth the Skitty, level 17.
    -Skates the Aron, level 16.
    -MK the Magikarp, level 15.
    -FntastcFox the Zigzagoon, level 4.

(Boxed)
    -Suicoon the Dustox, level 14.
    -Lolumad the Whismur, level 7.
  10. ironman

ironman

HEARTGOLD NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE​

UPDATE 3

it's been a while since my last update and actually a lot of staff has occured since then...after hours of grinding to get my freshly caught miltank up to speed with the rest of the team i decided to go to lake of rage to battle opponents in the road and maybe add new team members to the team...i didn't catch any pokemon in the way since goldeen just didn't appeal to me to waste a ball and pidgeotto just whirlwinded me away...after seeing raikou for like 5 times(seriously this guy follows me everywhere) i reached lake of rage where snatch the red gyarados became a member of the team(brave nature despite reducing speed it provides an outstanding attack stat)...so for awhile chuck the poliwrath will stay in the box as a strong backup to either snatch or peppers the feraligatr...

then i met that weird guy lance and we together took care of team rocket wishing they never get to bother innocent people again...as i were in mahogany i decided why not battle pryce...seriously that guy was apiece of cake for snatch(aqua tail ohkoed piloswine)...then headed to olivine and battled everything in the lighthouse then went off to the sea where i caught jelly the tentacool...teached whirlpool instantly...battled everyone in the sea and went straight to the left down whirl island where i caught a horsea(timid nature will be kept in a box though as a backup)...soloed chuck's gym with peppers(against chuck it did not even suffer any damage!i just spammed surfs and headbutts(headbutt has this really nice flinch rate))...

went back to olivine to deliver secretpotion to ampharos and had a call about this safari zone...why not grind a bit?in the way i caught missy the misdreavus, taught it shadow ball and started instantly grinding with it...after getting a little bit bored i decided to fly to olivine to take care of janine(that girl is everywhere i remember meeting her in sinnoh about a month ago...)well she was taken care of by rocker the golem and its newly learnt earthquake...

and then i had this phonecall from prof.elm about weird team rocket signals...maybe i should investigate it?

CURRENT TEAM
    CURRENT TEAM (open)
    PEPPERS the feraligatr
    [​IMG]
    torrent
    careful
    female
    level 38
    headbutt
    ice fang
    surf
    crunch
    current powerhouse of the team can take even supereffective stab hits with respectable bulk...one of the MVPs

SNATCH the gyarados
    [​IMG]
    intimidate
    brave
    male
    level 35
    aqua tail
    dragon rage
    bite
    ice fang
    gonna make a great dragon dancer...despite being new to the team it soloed pryce so easily that ti was worth replacing my favorite chuck the poliwrath...probably stronger than peppers gonna be the mvp of the pokemon league if i ever get there...

ROCKER the golem
    [​IMG]
    sturdy
    serious
    male
    level 37
    rock polish
    earthquake
    rock smash
    rock slide
    obviously traded over to my soulsilver in order to evolve learned rock slide and returned with a waterstone has beaten 5 of the 7 gyms so far with a bit of aid from peppers...the second mvp after peppers

SEXY BITCH the miltank
    [​IMG]
    scrappy
    careful
    female
    level 30
    zen headbutt
    rollout
    body slam
    milk drink
    really bulky with reliable recovery can shrug off most hits with ease important team member...

MISSY the misdreavus
    [​IMG]
    levitate
    docile
    female
    level 22
    shadow ball
    mean look
    confuse ray
    spite
    rather frail have to be careful with it gonna be my choice specs user until at least something stronger(maybe gengar?)

BOXED
    BOXED (open)

CHUCK the poliwrath:was boxed in favor of snatch has a great movepool consisted of focus punch, surf, substitute, hypnosis currently at level 30 if something faints the first one to replace it...
    SNIPE the horsea
    JELLY the tentacool
    JET the pidgey
    BURGY the drowzee
    EXCABE the sandshrew

PASSED AWAY
    PASSED AWAY (open)
    POSE the togepi
    BULB the oddish
    MINESWEEPE th koffing
    WAFFLES the flaffy died to a cloyster that had set up spikes three times and used aurora beam...it was my only special attacker and an AWESOME electric type(i tried to catch an elecrode but i ran out of balls)was sacrificed in sake of peppers and rocker(it seems i am really attached to them...i am really sorry waffles you were great...
    WHATTODO the eevee...not much to say died to the first poke it faced a freaking paras in ilex forest due to critical scratches...was gonna be my choice specs user(espeon) now this pot belongs to missy...

PREVIOUS PARTS
    PREVIOUS PARTS (open)
  11. DracoMihawk

DracoMihawk

Rules:
    Only use items i find (other than pokeballs i can buy those)
    Anything dies goes
    Nickname anything
    Catch the first pokemon in each area or i get nothing

started my leafgreen nuzlocke, this first update will be pretty simplistic
    starter chosen was LILYPAD the squirtle so my rival will pick bulbasaur which i consider pretty easy to beat with it's many weaknesses. after catching another key member Cheppers the Pidgey and Beck the Rattata went to fight my rival. Sacrificed Beck since i didn't think i needed it and didn't want Cheppers to take a hit coming in on bulbasaur. skipped through Vridian Forest since I didn't want to deal with poison just yet. caught Dandelion the Weedle in Vridian Forest. Came out and got Margy the Caterpie which would later die to training. Beat Brock and then the bugcatchers in vridian forest with Cheppers and his newly found gust.

Now the next route i find a Nidoran Female whom i name Nidobrah. got through Pewter Tunnel (where I caught Poobat the Zubat which i find is really useless) pretty easily. Grass patch before gave me a spearow named Nyah. Got to cerulean and faced my Rival. Nidobrah (now a nidorina) faced pidgeotto, Cheppers (now pidgeotto) faced Abra, Rattata and Ivysaur with ease. got through nugget bridge went into the grass patch and found a pidgey, killed it since i didn't need it. went into other one and got a caterpie named Marge. After getting to bill went to daycare and caught a meowth named thatsright. put Poobat into the daycare and went to face misty. deposited for Nidobrah because i didn't want to risk anything. Beat her fairly easily with bite with Lilypad the now Wartortle. While i was training marge she got ko'd to a crit O_O. Got Nidobrah back and went to Vermillion. the patch before that gave me another Meowth named Correctamun.

At Vermillion i did vermillion things like BIke Voucher, Old Rod which i used to catch Blargh the Magikarp (now in daycare until i get out of ss anne, to be used when and if lilypad offs). Digglet's Cave gave me a lvl 15 diglett of all things (named MoleMole). oh well my team has a electric weakness of Lilypad,Cheppers and Poobat. Speaking of Poobat he failed to come through due to a miscalculation so i just left him for dead. Went to SS Anne where i'm currently training.

Team:
    Lilypad (Wartortle) lvl 25
    Cheppers (Pidgeotto) lvl 23
    Nidobrah (Nidorina) lvl 21
    MoleMole (Diglett) lvl 18
    Corectamun (Meowth) lvl 14 (for Pickup purposes. in my scramble challenge a meowth picked up a rare candy for me so fingers crossed)

Boxed
    Dandelion (Weedle) lvl 5
    Nyah (Spearow) lvl 10
    ThatsRight (Meowth) lvl 10
    Blargh (Magikarp) lvl? daycare

Dead
    Marge (Butterfree) lvl11
    Poobat (Zubat) lvl14
    Numerous Rattata/Pidgey/Spearow i don't remember but i sacrificed.
  12. Ducklett Stare

Ducklett Stare

D'awwww Blamon, you're so cold to your poor Pokemon ):

I tend to see the same faces popping in and out of this thread; is there a Nuzlocke usergroup? If not, someone should make one. We Nuzlockers outta have some team spirit :P
  13. Rediamond

Rediamond

I believe there is a usergroup... And an IRC Channel
    for that matter.
  14. Flamestrike

Flamestrike

Indeed there is, started by some of the original Nuzlockers and since mostly deserted (though I'm pretty sure someone popped in a few pages back saying people were still hanging out in #nuzlocke)
  15. Rediamond

Rediamond

People are still hanging out in #nuzlocke.

EDIT: Post 222!
  16. Juukka

Juukka

Juukka's Ruby Nuzlocke

Round 2 Gym 8 Update!

Eight gyms in the bag including a nervous showdown with Groudon that I managed to get through alive!

Wallace's team also went down with little trouble, however his Milotic required a lot of waring down.

With eight badges in hand, it's time to head to Evergrande City and challenge the Pokemon league. It won't be easy, and I'll need to grind like crazy to have a legitimate shot at pulling it off with no Revives left to save my team, but I think I can do it. My next update will be on whether or not my team is successful.

Now, for my sixth team member. Looking at my PC, and keeping in mind potential catches in Victory Road, who would be a good candidate to add to my team? I'm still considering Tracy the Electrike however she is pretty under leveled at this point so the grinding may be too much.

My team as of now is pretty balanced by the Ice member of the Elite Four poses a problem as nobody on my team truly resists it and can strike back for super effective damage.

However a lot can change between now and then. Wish me luck!

Current Roster

[​IMG]
    Oddball LV46

[​IMG]
    Kipula LV45

[​IMG]
    Oinky LV42

[​IMG]
    Yunti LV42

[​IMG]
    Cloud LV41

PC Pokemon (open)
    PC Pokemon

[​IMG]
    Leonard LV7

[​IMG]
    Notskarm LV15

[​IMG]
    Toni II LV13

[​IMG]
    Mylli LV 13

[​IMG]
    Nullie LV14

[​IMG]
    Cloud LV17

[​IMG]
    Wynar LV5

[​IMG]
    Voltonen LV24

[​IMG]
    Tracy LV24

[​IMG]
    Lauri (Male) LV25

[​IMG]
    Castform LV25

[​IMG]
    Kalle LV30

[​IMG]
    Halle LV25

[​IMG]
    Ghostila LV28

[​IMG]
    Jumpette LV27

[​IMG]
    Coolio LV10

[​IMG]
    Waley LV35

[​IMG]
    Spheal LV26

[​IMG]
    Sparkles LV29

[​IMG]
    Hunter LV23

[​IMG]
    Mawi LV32

Cemetary (open)
    Cemetary

All my Round 1 Pokemon :(

[​IMG]
    Ilkka LV 31 - Fell to Norman's Slaking

[​IMG]
    Gonnoly LV26 - Fell to Norman's Slaking

[​IMG]
    Laurie LV10 - Sacrificed to Norman's Slaking to heroically save me.

[​IMG]
    Jarrila LV40 - Was left defenseless to save Kipula, fell to Lunatone's Psychic.

17. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Oinky and Kipula should be fine for you for Glacia although Meditit and Duskull could provide insurance. Also dont worry about grinding too much. Ive completed both Emerald and Sapphire and both times my team was only around level 46. As long as your team is reasonably bulky and you have a lot of Hyper Potions you`l be fine.
  18. Ninja can

Ninja can

I recently finished a nuzlocke on crystal

MY ONLY FREAKING SURVIVOR

Destiny the Sudowoodo

(the rest of the team in the elite four fell to Lances many dragonite)

important grave members
    Aurum the Typhlosion (dragonite)
    Staticat the Eevee (I got the thunderstone RIGHT after he died T_T by Clairs Dragonair)
    Venus the Weepinbell (dragonite)
    KENYA the fearow (stolen from the guy who wants mail delivered to his friend)
    Goldilox the Ursaring ( died on victory road by graveler being a kamikaze )
    Mori the Crobat (dragonite)
    Utsu the Graveler (dragonite)
    Nyorobon the Poliwhirl (dragonite)
    Felicity the Togepi (died on the red gyarados I didn't catch T_T)

Many Ratatta were harmed in the making of this nuzlocke Raticate too

Yeah my run had a lot of stone evolutions and trade evolutions (I played on an unlawful emulator since my silver's save battery died)

EDIT I didn't do Kanto Gym badges
  19. Carbon Lifeform

Carbon Lifeform

Carbon's Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke Run: Update 3 (Brawly Battle through Events in Slateport)

With Brawly's badge in tow, one might expect that I was unhappy to move on from the seemingly peaceful Dewford, but the tragedy of battle struck for me earlier today. Against Brawly's Meditite I sent forth Imune2Crit, who I got three Double Teams on while Meditite got a Meditate and a Light Screen. On the third Double Team (I was a bit worried about the Meditate boost) the beast began focusing its energy, and managed to strike Imune2Crit through her many evasion boosts and OHKO'd her. It was a painful experience.

I sent out J Fly the Grovyle to take care of Meditite because while Suicoon has a 4x resistance to Fighting he's weak to Psychic moves, and it was an easy KO (after several turns) because Brawly kept trying to tighten Meditite's focus. Against Makuhita I sent out Suicoon the Dustox, who crushed the tubby pokemon with a combination of Gust and Confusion while the attacks launched at Suicoon did laughable damage.

Although it may seem sad to say, Imune2Crit was the team member I was most concerned about losing, and therefore the one I was most prepared to replace. I kept Suicoon in my party, re-withdrew FntastcFox, and headed to Slateport.

Nothing interesting happened in the town, I defeated Team Aqua handily at the museum thanks to Grovyle. I proceeded up to Route 110, where I caught Queen Zeal, the Minun. I boxed FntastcFox for a while and began to grind up my party, well aware that Brenden's Combusken would tear through me if I wasn't careful (Ember/Double Kick has excellent coverage on my team). I feel that if this run is going to be a failure, my biggest area of concern is this next rival battle.

While training, MK the Magikarp finally reached level 20 and evolved, so I re-named my new Gyarados after the Swords of Revealing Light, because he is going to be a key player in the upcoming Flannery battle. I'm hoping to catch a Numel with which to replace Skates up near the mountain, but that must wait for after Wattson. Hopefully Skates' Mud Slap will be strong enough to help me win the battle against Wattson.

Right now, I'm on Route 110, waiting to challenge Brendan either later tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT: New page! One more to 100. :)

Current party:
    Show Hide
    Queen Zeal the Minun, level 18
    Suicoon the Dustox, level 18
    Skates the Aron, level 19
    Nofirth the Skitty, level 19
    J Fly the Grovyle, level 19
    SwdRvlnLht the Gyarados, level 20

Boxed:
    Show Hide
    Lolumad the Whismur, level 7
    FntastcFox the Zigzagoon, level 4

Graveyard:
    Show Hide
    Imune2Crit the Ralts, level 16. Struck down by a wild Focus Punch when facing Brawly. RIP.
  20. Annhialator Zero

Annhialator Zero

I've been playing a Nuzlocke on my Gold, and haven't done any updates, but sure I'll do one now.

Started out with a Cyndaquil, named "Dante". Slaughtered several defenceless Pokemon on my way to Mr Pokemon's and back, including a Totodile belonging to some ginger-haired pussy who couldn't take a proper beating.

Moved up to Route 31, didn't encounter anything on my way to Dark Cave, wondered around for a bit and got a GEODUDE HOLY SHIT. Looking at the strange floating rock I was reminded of Keith Moon telling Jimmy Page his new rock band would "go down like a lead balloon", yet seeing an honest to goodness rock balloon in front of me I couldn't help but name it "Led Zep".

I exited Dark Cave and prayed for a Caterpie, cause Pidgey sux. Walked into the grass and BOOM, CATERPIE! Dante critted it :( but it survived on red health :) caught it and named in Floyd, thinking of the Pink Floyd album "The Wall" in which a man puts up a protective shell around himself, similar to a Caterpie's cocoon. And yes, there is a classic rock theme =P

Grinded a bit to get Rock Throw for Led Zep (level 11), Ember for Dante (level 12) and evolve Floyd (level 7, but I got it to 8 for insurance). I then murdered all the Bellsprout with Floyd, who evolved by the end of the tower.

Grinded slightly, then challenged Falkner. Led Zep annihilated the whole gym right up til Pidgeotto, which started to pull Mud-Slap shenanigans and cause me to double miss =( I was three Mud-Slaps from death but my accuracy was only 50%, so I switched to Dante. BUT! I couldn't go straight to him, or he'd have his accuracy cut, so a quick switch via Floyd got it in nigh unscathed, taking measley damage from Gust. The newly evolved Dante soon ended this haxy bird's fun.

Hopped south to Route 32, found a Mareep (seriously I keep getting all the best Pokemon), named it (predictably) AC/DC. Took a bit of time to get it to level 8, but once it did Thundershock allowed it some easy levelling against the many fishers.

Blah blah Union Cave.

Blah blah kick the crap out of ginger guy.

Blah blah kill Rockets.

Blah blah grind team to level 16-ish.

Blah blah kill Bugsy and his gym with pathetic ease.

Blah blah Ilex Forest.

Blah.

Goldenrod is where things got fun. Went to Route 35 and picked up a Nidoran male, sadly several levels lower than my main team. Thinking of it's hulking final form I named him Atlas, after the legendary world-carrying titan. Thankfully his excellent moveset (Double Kick and Horn Attack! 60 power moves there folks!) allowed him to quickly get the four levels to 16, and evolution to Nidorino. While all of this was occurring, and I trained my whole team to level 20 (with AC/DC's evolution!), I was steadily gaining money, for use in the Game Corner. I needed 2100 coins, $42,000, for the ultimate prize. A fucking Dratini. Now Dragonite is my favourite Pokemon and as everyone knows, Dragon Rage slaughters everything. EVERYTHING. Sadly it's not really feasible to get this much money by this point in the game, however I had got to about 1500 coins. Spent a while playing the slots, then finally got the hang of them, and two triple 7's in the space of about 10 minutes assured that the lovely little dragon-snake was ALL MINE! At level 10. Fuck.

Led Zep murdered Whitney. Not really much to say about it, her attacks did fuck all.

Then came the long and arduous task of switching out the newly christened Icarus til it reached level 15 and learned Twister, then capable of fending for itself. Yet more grinding brought it to level 22, and it learned the almighty DRAGON RAGE. Then I remembered I had the TM for Headbutt, so all that grinding would have been far easier. Fuck. Then I beat the Kimono Girls and got Surf, which I could have taught to it. FUCK. I really suck at this.

Grinded the whole team to level 25 before even setting foot back into Ecruteak City, or any of the trainer battles from the routes east and west. Along the way Led Zep evolved into Graveller. I then went into Morty's Gym. I think I might have slightly overestimated the amount of grinding necessary. I kind of murdered the entire gym without breaking a sweat. Using all of my Pokemon to share around the EXP. Oops.

Quickly headed east to see what I could pick up from Mt Mortar and Route 44, and was rewarded with a kind of meh Spearow, and a level 15 Zubat that is firmly in place as the first backup should something die, or Floyd outlives it's usefulness. Bill's Eevee is also an option, but the lack of evolution stones except through random calls is kinda off-putting =/ Headed to Olivine, seeing a Miltank along the way but I unfortunately only had one Great Ball, which it escaped from. Caught a Chinchou in Olivine =D backup Surfer gogogo!

Future updates will be more intersting, I'm just remembering details here.

Current Team:

[​IMG]
    AC/DC - Flaffy. Lv 26
    Thunderpunch
    Fire Punch
    Thundershock
    Tackle

Was kinda weak til I got it Thunderpunch. Then shit started dying. A real heavy hitter and bound to be a godsend as the water types get piled on.

[​IMG]

Led Zep - Graveller. Lv 27
    Magnitude
    Rock Throw
    Tackle
    Defense Curl

MVP of the gym battles certainly. Hasn't looked close to dying all game. Just tanks everything then proceeds to 1 or 2HKO the whole game.

[​IMG]

Dante - Quilava. Lv 27
    Ember
    Cut
    Quick Attack
    Smokescreen

Kind of lagging behind due to Ember's weakness, once it learns Flame Wheel he should be back to his MVP status. Awesome Sp Atk and Speed let it kill everything in its path.

[​IMG]

Floyd - Butterfree. Lv 26
    Confusion
    Sleep Powder
    Poison Powder
    Supersonic

Really useful against the Rockets' Poison Types, but a 50 power un STAB'd attack is weak, and it's starting to show as it's failing to KO guaranteed OHKOs for the rest of the team. No Psybeam to level 34 makes it unlikely that he'll be kept to the Elite 4.

[​IMG]

Atlas - Nidorino. Lv 27
    Horn Attack
    Double Kick
    Poison Sting
    Tackle

His movepool hasn't changed since level 12 and it's starting to show. At least his great Attack allowes him to use it fairly well, and Fighting moves are awesome. Once I get a Moon Stone shit's gonna die.

[​IMG]

Icarus - Dratini. Lv 27
    Surf
    Dragon Rage
    Twister
    Headbutt

Holy fuck those moves. It's stats aren't spectacular, although they'll be pretty good in three levels' time. But dear lord just look at that moveset. Dragon Rage is the most powerful thing on my whole team. It 2HKOs every. Single. Enemy. Without fail. Add that to Surf's crazy 95 power, capable of OHKOing weaker enemies. Then Headbutt, while only 80 power, strikes from his stronger Physical side, allowing you to comfortable annihilate both ends of the spectrum. Twister is filler but still, those three moves anything on my team would kill for. Probably should've given Headbutt to Atlas. Ah well.
  21. Ducklett Stare

Ducklett Stare

Your nicknames fucking rock, Zero. Much love for Classic Rock~

And Carbon, your update makes me sad. You're at the point where my Emerald Nuzlocke miserably failed D:
  22. Flamestrike

Flamestrike

@Zero Pretty sure Quilava learns Fire Punch, may help you a bit.
    By this time tomorrow I should be done grinding, if not already past Will. Full update will be coming soon!
  23. Carbon Lifeform

Carbon Lifeform

Haha, I'm getting the feeling that this might end poorly. I'm about to face Brendan in a couple of minutes, just grinding a little more because I learned Minun learns Spark at level 19. Hoping to OHKO his Wingull and Paralyze his Combusken with Thunder Wave, but I don't know if poor Queen Zeal will be able to survive a Double Kick afterwards :(

EDIT: Learned that Dustox learns Moonlight at level 20. Ugh. Grind time. I will take this to a stallwar if I have to to protect all of my pokemon. =/

EDIT2: Battle's done. Stay tuned for tomorrow's update to hear about the potentially heartwrenching story full of raw emotion! Or it could be that the battle was really easy. Who will know!? You will, tomorrow!
  24. Zosodojo777

Zosodojo777

Aight, so I really wanted to do a Nuzlocke again, But my Leafgreen is currently being used for a Scramble challenge, and my gold cartidge's battery ran out or something, because it won't save. So, I'm resorting to going through my worst enemy, Ruby Version.
    So because I suck at Nuzlockes, I'm allowing myself to use any items I find, and am buying all the pokeballs ever.
    Right now, I have a Treeko, a Zigzagoon, a Ralts, and a shroomish. I had a wurmple, but it was sacrificed the the overleveled taillow of that one youngster on the beech. I'm right outside Petalburg woods.
    My question is, do you think the treeko and shroomish will be providing redundant coverage? If so, where else can I get a good fighting type in ruby?
  25. ironman

ironman

well even though i like both pokemon a lot i have to say that because of their grass type you might have some problems with flannery winona and with glacia and steven...also breloom has problems with tate&lize...their common grass type is the reason why i never use both of them in the same team...as for another fighting type a good option is makuhita which you find in relatively early and easily in granite cave in dewford town...also later you can find meditite but if you want something reliable then stick with makuhita...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)