Nuzlocke Challenge

Chapter 1

This one ended up longer than expected for how little, might try making the chapters shorter once I'm also more caught up with where I'm at in the game.

Chapter 2: Strange Books and Stranger Boxes

The walk to Viridian ends up uneventful, the sun reaching its peak in the sky by the time I reach the city. Calling this place a city seems a bit generous, but it's definitely a step up from the three buildings we pass off as a town in Pallet. The first place that catches my interest is the Pokemon League Gym, one of the little club houses for high ranking league members to hang out and take challengers.

I don't really have too much respect for most of the Pokemon League. With criminal groups like Team Rocket making news headlines daily, and wild pokemon getting more and more aggressive, the league continues to treat pokemon battling as purely a sport, rarely interfering with anything outside of their gyms. I walk up to the Viridian gym, but an old man out front informs me that it's currently closed. Just as well, I don't think Gonzalez is ready to be taking on the league yet. After taking a brief stroll around the rest of the town, I decide to check out the Poke Mart.

"Yo, kid, haven't seen you here before. You from Pallet?" The clerk calls out as I enter the store.

"Uh yeah, that a problem?"

"No, no, just got a package here for Professor Oak, and my usual delivery boy out sick today. Think you could bring this to him?"

"Well, I guess I do owe Oak a bit. Sure, I'll take it."

The clerk places a small cardboard box on the counter, unmarked except the words "To Oak" written in red on the top. Not even going to bother wondering what's in it, but maybe if I take it to the old man, he'll give me something for it, since I'm still a bit strapped for cash and can't even afford some pokeballs. I jog back to Pallet, hoping to get back without burning too much daylight, bounding down the small bumps on the path to avoid the tall grass spreading on the main route; don't want to risk getting the box damaged fending off wild pokemon.

Before long I'm back at Oak's lab. "Yo Oak, got a delivery for ya!" I shout as I walk into the door.

"Delivery? Oh, uh, that. You didn't look in it did you?" Oak responds with a worried tone in his voice, his eyes darting between me and the box.

"No."

"Oh, good"

Oak quickly grabs the box from my hands and puts in a drawer on his desk that he quickly locks with one key on a large set of oddly shaped keys. "You came at a pretty convenient time, Bob. Just finished making my Pokedex!" Oak exclaims loudly as he turns back around, obviously eager to change the subject.

"A what?"

"Pokedex. It's sort of an encyclopedia, except it's for Pokemon. It's also a bit blank right now. I figure since you and Gary are using my pokemon, you wouldn't mine gathering some data for me on the pokemon you catch."

"Yeah sure, we'll do your job for you." A voice coming from behind me says with a hint of annoyance in his voice. I look back and see Gary slouched in a chair behind me. Guess I didn't notice him at first thanks to Oak's strange reaction regarding that box. Gary grabs what looks like a red metallic book off of a table in the back of the lab, then turns to walk out the door.

"What, no rematch?" I snidely remark to him as he passes by me.

"The old man's already bitched me out for making a mess of his lab during our first battle, not dealing with that again. You're going down though the next time I see you." Gary continues walking out the door, not bothering to even glance at me as he replies. Gary's never handled losing very well, so I better be ready for a tough time next time I run into him. I walk over to the table he grabbed the red book from and pick up the one that was lying next to it. I open up the book; a small screen is on the top of each side, with buttons spread out across the bottom.

"The pokedex works as sort of a mini-computer. You can use the buttons to browse through the information that will be displayed on the screens. The pokedex has very basic information on most pokemon, but it will need to scan a pokeball to gather more detailed data on the pokemon contained inside." Oak explains, watching me fumble around with the device. I hold up Gonzalez's pokeball next to a small blinking bar on one of the corners of the pokedex. The screens light up, showing a picture of a bulbasaur on one side, and various information about the species on the other.

"Looks like it might be useful Oak, but I don't' exactly have anything to catch more pokemon yet, and I don't really have much in the way of money."

"Hmm, I guess I can give you a few pokeballs, since you made that uh.... delivery." Oak tosses me a few pokeballs, which I stick in the one of the pouches of my backpack. I thank him and walk out of the lab, trying not to glance back at my house as I leave town again. About halfway back to Viridian, a small purple rat jumps out of a patch of grass and tries to bite my leg. I quickly jump out of the way and open up Gonzalez's pokeball before the rat takes another shot at me.

"Let's try catching this thing, Gonz!" I shout as the green little monster dives at the rat, bringing one paw down on the rodent's head. "Woah, be careful, don't think I can capture it if it's dead!" Gonzalez backs off the rat, as it wobbles around trying to stay on its feet. I reach into the pouch I stuffed the pokeballs into, and pull out the first one my fingers get a grip on. "How exactly do I use these things anyway?" I think for a moment, then decide to just try throwing it at the rat. The pokeball bounces off the rat's back, but then opens up, and in a flash of light, the rat vanishes as the ball closes. I reach over to pick up the ball, but it begins violently rolling around in the grass, the pokemon inside possibly trying to resist being captured. Eventually the ball comes to a stop, and the button on the pokeball lights up in the same way as Gonzalez's pokeball does when he's inside. A quick scan using the pokedex reveals that the new pokemon is part of the rattata species.

Rattata's not much of a name though, so I decide to think of something better to call it. I always hear that rats like cheese, so I decide to go with the name "Monty Jack." Even in my pokeball though, I'm sure Monty's in a lot of pain still from that pummeling Gonzalez gave him, so I pick up my pace heading back to Viridian to reach the pokemon center.

Current Pokemon:

Gonzalez - Level 7 Bulbasaur
Monty Jack - Level 3 Rattata

So, after getting through ghost tower and getting access to most the rest of the game I realize I realy need to start planning my final team. I forsee psychic gym being a bitch, so I realy want shadowball or a good bug attack. I also need a psychic for Koga's gym. Way too much time later I come to realize the only psychic type I can resonably get right now (as slowpoke only has a 1% fishing chance) is jynx. So I go to Viridian and what do I get but a poliwhirl. Perfect to trade. So I go trade it, I get jynx, teach her psychic, and grind her up on cycling road. The trash in Koga's gym is harder than Koga. Jynx one-shots the gym. next is clearin Silph co for levels, but with no bug attack I'm avoiding Sabrina's gym for now. I want to get a dewgong for signal beam. Might have to cap some paras in the safari zone for mushrooms if I hafta level a seal. Go to Cinnabar, surfing on Queen, get the key, and surf the gym.

Team
Cher - L33 Bashful F Sandslash (will be replace with dewgong)
Terra -40 Careful F Jolteon
Knight - L40 Bold M Venusaur
Queen - L45 Careful Nidoqueen
Sandy - L40 Naughty F Pidgeot
Zynx - L41 Mild Jynx

Boxed
Tank - Serios M Magikarp
Zuzy - Naughty F Zubat
Vinez - Lonely M Bellsprout
Numa - Mild M Pidgey
Nose - Naive M Diglett
Longcat - Docile M Meowth
Bob - Relaxed M Sandshrew
Manbearpig - Modest F Mankey
Qxzzy - Timid F Rattata
Arrow - Hast M Spearow
Pup - Lax M Vulpix
Bank - Rash F Meowth
Archer2 - Calm M Spearow
Thedamned - Hardy M snorlax
Rage - Hasty F Gyrados
Red - Relaxed F Krabby
Feesh - Mild F Goldeen
Herb - Lax F Bellsprout
Beak - Quirky M Doduo
Cool - Naive M Tentacool
Dude - Modest M Lapras
Curls - Naughty F Tangela
Kek - Naive Hitmonlee
Meme - Brave F Slowpoke (god awful IVs)
Trade2 - Hardy F Ponyta

Ded
Archer the Jolly M Spearow, L15: Cause of death: Pidgey gust crit
Bower - L22 Sassy M Mowth L22: Cause of death: Grimer poison
Thorn - L28 Sassy F Beedrill: Cause of death: Snorlax headbutt

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2578708&postcount=391 (part one)

Trained my team. Mothra hit level 10 and evolved, learned absorb. Decided to try the gym now. Elvis got Roxxane's geodude into the red zone. She hardened. I hit absorb again, she potions. Repeats a few times and then geodude goes down.

Nosepass is out next. He's got better special defense and no 4x weakness to grass. I absorb, it does piddly damage. He rock tombs, hits me for about a fourth of my hp. I go into stall mode and use leech seed and stun spore. Drag out the fight with my sapping, eventually win with Elvis at full health. Elvis leveled up and learned mega drain. Al and spike hand me more things.

More pirates attack. Same victim. He needs a taser. I run off to the rescue. Find a whismur on the way. I catch him and name him "Crybaby". Don't think he'll see much use. Train my guys on the trainers. Mothra learns gust, finally some STAB.

Find the pirate, he kidnapped a bird. Don't know why he would want it. Norris burns his dog and I take the goods and leave. The victimized businessman from before asks me to do an errand and then I go see his boss. I agree for some reason. Don't remember what happened there.

I make my way to Peeko's house, grabbing Elvis a miracle seed in the process. I catch a ride on his boat and hit up the fisher in Dewford for a rod. I assume that towns count as zones and fish up a magicarp. Name him "Red". Red the magicarp reminds me of my childhood for some strange reason, I decide he can take poocheyena's spot on the team.

I head north and absorb from a few trainer's water pokemon. No trouble. I enter the cave with hopes of finding an aaron or geodude, a makuhita appears. Utterly redundant with Norris on the team but I catch him and name him "Eric". Eric sits in the PC. I hope his fatass doesn't break it.

I train in the cave. Norris evolves and gains peck and double kick. Two of my buddies have flying moves now. I'm a bit underleveled so I decide that Red's training will have to wait. My team is still a bit low for brawly, but it's shaping up.

Pokemon thus far:

Mothra: Level 16 beatifly
-Tackle
-Absorb
-Poison Sting
-Gust

Norris: Level 16 combusken
-Ember
-Scratch
-Peck
-Double Kick

Elivs: level 16 shroomish
-Mega Drain
-Tackle
-Stun Spore
-Leech Seed

Red: level 10 magicarp
-Splash

Al and spike: level 3 and 4 sigzagoon
-Pickup (don't use them in combat.)

My pokemon are all a bit Naive, except for Red. He's very rash.

In the box I have:
Crybaby- lv 6 whismur
Eric- lv 9 makuhita
and a level 3 poocheyena that I forgot to name.

So, I know I said I'd post once I got further...
Problem is, I haven't. For the second time in a row, Bugsy is pretty much shutting me down (I'm fighting him right now, but my team with me is getting swept leaving me with only two pokemon.)

Does anyone have any advice for beating him without losing a single pokemon? Is the key statuses? Grinding?

Probably the easiest way is to go to that small area of Route 46 that you can reach from Route 29, or to the Union Cave, and hope you get a Geodude there. I believe it's easier at night since you don't have to worry about meeting Pidgey or Spearow at night, but if you can get one, Bugsy will be a snap thanks to Rock Throw (which it learns at level 11, which makes him good for Falkner too). If you happen to get a Mareep on Route 32, that can also be used thanks to Scyther's Flying-type, and Onix is also available both in Violet City as a trade for Bellsprout and in Union Cave (it has MUCH lower attack than Geodude, though).

If you are unlucky enough to miss all of those, there's probably little that you can do other than powergrind, unfortunately. If you have a Gastly or something with Sleep Powder/Hypnosis, you can try to put it to sleep before it attacks and pray that you kill it before it wakes up, but that's rather dangerous...

Actually, scratch that-I managed to pull it out. I was down to my last pokemon; my Gastly, Rythm. I'd all but given up, as distraught as I was at my other four pokemon, and Rythm was at a mere 4 hp. I simply ordered him to lick the opposing Kakuna, but he survived not one-but two poison stings. This preseverence inspired me to go on fighting, and I gave him a super potion. He finished the Kakuna and, upon reaching level fifteen, learned Night Shade. From there, he managed to sweep the metapod and scyther with a combination of night shade and hypnosis.

Now, however, I have to train my low level spearow, FeelItComn, enough that he and Rythm can take down my rival. This could prove very difficult.

Chapter 1:The Great Gonzalez
Chapter 2:Strange Books and Stranger Boxes

Chapter 3: New Companions and Old Rivalries

After reaching the pokemon center in Viridian, I decide to sleep for the night while Monty recovers. The girl working at the center was kind enough to let me sleep on one of the benches in the pokemon center, and as soon as I woke up, it was time go back out into the wild. I decide to head north first, on the road leading to Viridian Forest. After almost an hour of stalking through the tall grass near the dirt path, I run into a small bird, which according to the pokedex is called a pidgey. "Time to expand our team, Gonzalez!" I tell my companion as I release him from his pokeball. After sizing up his target for a moment, Gonzalez leaps at the bird, striking it before it gets a chance to react, but this time showing a bit more restraint than when we caught Monty. The pidgey makes an attempt at striking back at Gonz, but he easily takes the blow unfazed. Another quick toss of a pokeball and the pidgey becomes the newest addition to my team. I decide to give him the name Shiz, the same name as the fearow my father used to travel with.

A few hours of exploring the areas around Viridian results in me also capturing a Mankey from the path west of the town, and a Weedle from the forest. I give them the names Chim-Chim and Wiggler respectively. By the time I get the new pokemon back to the center and they recover from Gonzalez's attacks, the sun has already started to set. I definitely don't want to be stuck in the forest at night, with all the poisonous pokemon lurking around, so I spend the rest of the day searching for pokemon on the path outside the city as training fodder for my new teammates. Aside from Chim-Chim getting hit with a frighteningly fierce attack from another Mankey we encountered, the rest of the day was pretty uneventful, and after toughening up my new pokemon more, I go back to the center to rest and let my pokemon heal up.

"Still closed, boy" I hear as I approach the gym again, the same old man as before is sitting on the grass next the sign in front of the apparently empty building "no one even knows where the leader's at right now."

"You seem to enjoy hanging around here often, have any ideas on where he might be?"

"I've only met the leader here a couple times myself, so no clue on what he's like, but since he's a gym leader, he could have business up the Pokemon League Headquarters. The road heading west out of town leads to the league, but a youngster like you has no chance of making it through the mountain that path cuts through."

"I'll take my chances. Can't just wait around forever hoping he shows back up."

The old man keeps rambling on with warnings of the road ahead long after I walk out of listening range. I remember the road he was talking about, since it was the one I encountered Chim-Chim on, but I didn't bother heading too far away from town the last time I went that way, but I didn't see any signs of larger pokemon around. I head out on the path, hoping to get some answers about the gym being closed. Despite not holding the league itself in high regard, I do understand the benefits from competing in its battles. The badges the league issues to gym leaders, as well as any trainer capable of beating a leader in his own gym, are very highly sought after. These badges are not only valuable as symbols of status and prestige among trainers, but as Oak explained to me once, they also somehow help pokemon master the usage of some rare techniques. After the field of grass near the town, I see the beginning of a brick road heading towards the mountains. I start heading down the path, but it isn't long before I see a familiar face heading in my direction. "Gary?"

"Hey Bob, trying to visit the Pokemon League already?"

"Trying to find out where the hell the Viridian Gym leader is."

"Already had the same idea, don't expect any answers though. They've got security blocking the cave at the end of this road, wouldn't let me pass without some badges. Wouldn't tell me anything about Viridian's gym either."

"Well, I can't just wait for someone to reopen it if I plan to get any of those league badges anytime soon."

"You know there's other gyms, right? You could just head up north to Pewter City. Of course, you won't have to worry about that, since I'm taking you down right here." Gary smiles as he pulls out a pair of pokeballs.

"Only two pokemon, Gary?" I grin as I show the 4 pokeballs hooked into small holsters on my belt, "this will be even easier than the first time I've beaten you."

"Quality over quantity, bro" Gary replies defensively as he throws out his first pokemon, a pidgey. I bring out Monty Jack to take on the bird.

Pidgey begins to take flight, but Monty Jack's speed is too much, as he pounces into the air and brings Pidgey back down to the road, a load crunching sound is heard as the bird collides with the brick road. Gary's pokemon recovers somehow, and launches itself talons first into Monty, sending the rat tumbling across the ground. Before Pidgey gets a chance to strike again, however, Monty pounces once more on the bird. This time the Pidgey fails to get back up, and Gary calls it back into the pokeball.

"What was that about quality?"

"Shut up! Charmander, kick that rat's ass!"

There's no way I'm letting Monty take a shot from that charmander, so I switch him out for Shiz. "Shiz, sand attack!" I shout to the bird, and it flies to a pile of sand on the road, and flaps its wings to blow the sand into Charmander's eyes. The fire lizard begins swinging its claws at Shiz, but the sand leaves it unable to even see its opponent. Eventually it manages to connect with a couple scratches, leaving tears in Shiz's wings.

"Quite an annoying tactic you're got there," Gary sneers, wiping stray grains of sand from his eyes, as I switch out Shiz for my mankey. Chim-Chim quickly begins dancing around Charmander, laughing at it evades Charmander's swings, landing the occasional attack in retaliation. Before long, Charmander is struggling to stand, but another successful attack from the pokemon leaves Chim-Chim writhing in pain. "Doesn't look like your tricks are working though," Gary's gleefully remarks after I once again am forced to switch pokemon.

"I think it's working out just fine, buddy, unless you think your blind little lizard can take down Gonzalez." Gonzalez's pokeball opens, and almost immediately he charges head first into Charmander, who collapses upon impact. "Looks like I'm two and 'o' now, Gare."

"Hmph, that streak will end soon enough." Gary calls Charmander back into the pokeball, and quickly dashes off.

As soon as Gary turns away, my arrogant smirk fades to pangs of worry. Despite my victory, 3 of my pokemon are badly beaten up. I head back to the city, making the decision to take day of rest before I head to Pewter City to hopefully find a gym that's actually open.

Pokemon:
Gonzalez - Level 10 Bulbasaur
Shiz - Level 9 Pidgey
Chim-Chim - Level 7 Mankey
Wiggler - Level 6 Weedle
Monty Jack - Level 8 Rattata

Thanks, man.

On the whole, the quality just keeps improving. Lightsabre, I'm enjoying your take on the process. DDRMaster, your log is extremely readable, but I'd love it if you'd editorialize a little more or try some humor. Still a really good read though.
Thanks, I was worried no one was actually reading it. I'll try to put some opionions in, but I don't think I'm particularly funny, since I tend to screw up any joke that's more than two lines. Yours is great, too. I wouldn't think Pokemon would work well with a Dark tone, but it fits this challenge extremely well.

Day 1
Day 2 Part 1
Day 2 Part 2

So now, on with Day 3 and 4, since I didn't update yesterday.

Day 3

I head out to the Pokeathlon because it's insanely fun and I want to get stones so I can evolve Pokemon like Growlithe incase I'm able to catch one. Once there, I procede to get all of the medals with Qat so I can into the final room. I win the medals easily and get most of the records, aside from Penant Capture, Goal Roll, and Ring Drop. I proceed to get the Penant Capture and Goal Roll medals with a team of my three Rattata and I get the Ring Drop record with a team of Rocky, Dremcacher!, and Woopah. After that, I realize I have enough points for the Apricorns and a Thunderstone so I pick those up at the prize exchange. I would have picked up the Moomoo Milk and PP Up but I specifically made rules against getting them so I wouldn't. I'll post my records in Day 4 since I beat most of them today.

After that, I head to the Bug Catching Contest and enter Mothra, because it can put the opponent to Sleep. I get in and the firset thing I run into is a Lv. 9 Metapod -_-. I decide the only way I can even get into 3rd is by putting it to sleep and throwing Park Balls at it since I can get more points if it's at max health. So I use Sleep Powder on it but its Shed Skin wakes it right back up >_>. So after about 10 Park Balls, I finally catch it and head right back to the attendant since I can't capture any more Pokemon. By some miracle, I make it into 3rd with about 240 points so I name the Metapod 3rd? WTF. I head back to Goldenrod to pick up the Squirt Bottle and go back to try and capture Sudowoodo.

I start off by sending out Rocky to weaken it with Rock Smash and I know Low Kick won't be able to OHKO him due to his high denfense; this would unknowingly be my biggest mistake yet. They start off by using Mimic to copy Rock Smash as I get them into red by hitting them twice with Rock Smash. They retaliate on the second turn with Low Kick which brings Rocky down to about half health. I don't want to risk him getting KOd by another Low Kick so I sent out Woopah since it resists Rock Throw and is extremely light. I end up throwing my Great Ball, Poke Ball, and Fast Ball at it but none of them work. On the turn the Fast Ball breaks, Sudowoodo hits Woopah with a critical hit Rock Smash and KOs it :'(. If I had just used Rock Throw on Sudowoodo the first turn, it would have Mimiced that and Woopah would have been nowhere near dying. I promptly get revenge by KOing it with Bayleef's Razor Leaf and going to Violet to lay Woopah to rest.

I buy 10 more Poke Balls and get a free Premier Ball before heading back towards Ecruteak. I manage to Lv. 13 Naughty Pidgey on Route 37 and name him Phoenix. I continue on to Ecruteak and imediately get Strength from the Hiker on Route 42. I enter Mt. Mortar and catch a Lv. 15 Hasty Zubat and name him Batman. Kenya's about to evolve, so there's really no point in training him.

I then head back over to Route 38 to see what I can catch, hoping to find a Magnemite or Flaafy since I don't have an Electric type yet. And I find.... my forth Rattata. I catch him and name him TAFKAR, which stands for "The Artist Formally Known as Rattata". I head into Burnt Tower to catch my final Pokemon for now and manage to get Lv. 14 Mild Koffing and name her BOOM!. It almost Poisons Chompy with Poison Gas but luckily, it misses.

I level up Chompy from Lv. 18 to Lv. 20 to make fighting Blitz easier and decide to evolve Kenya while I'm at it since she doesn't need much more experience. The battle against Blitz was a cakewalk with Chompy OHKOing Gastly and Rocky taking out everything else. I realease Suicune, Entei, and Raikou to advance the story, collect all the items, and defeat all the Fire Breathers before heading back to the gym.

Chompy and Kenya take down all the trainers with ease. I think one of the Haunters manages to get a Curse in, but I doubt it hit Chompy more than a quarter of her health. Morty is fairly easy as well, as his Gastly, Gengar, and first Haunter only manage to hit Chompy half her health because they can only hit her with Sucker Punch. I switch to Kenya for the second Haunter who ends up killing itself with Curse. Seriously Morty, don't have your final Pokemon use Curse.

I head off to Olivine and on the way, I catch a Lv. 17 Naughty Raticate and call him Ratty. Seriously, I'm running out of names for these things. I get to Olivine and immediately get the Good Rod so I can get another Water Pokemon. I try my luck on Route 40 and end up catching a Lv. 20 Docile Magikarp. I name him Drachen, which is the German word for dragon, because I initially intend on training him and evolving him into Gyarados.

With my shiny new Good Rod, I head back to Ecruteak to fish in all the places I purposely skipped and fight the three trainers I missed on Route 39. I manage to catch a Lv. 20 Jolly Poliwag in Ecruteak and I name him Torpedo; and yes he is insanely fast, especially in the Pokeathlon. Now that I finally have a Pokemon with Surf I can put Drachen back in the Box and go get the Mystic Water. On the way, I catch a Lv. 20 Jolly Magikarp on Route 42, who I name Splash, a Lv. 16 Sassy Wooper in the Ruins of Alph, who I name Mudkipz, and another Lv. 20 Naughty Magikarp in Cherrygrove City, who I name Fishy. I decide to keep Mudkips in my party instead of Torpedo due to learning STAB Earthquake by level up. I actually run into Entei on Route 31 and throw a Poke Ball at it for lols. It shakes once before runnning away. This would be another one of my mistakes.

I head back to New Bark Town and Surf until I reach Route 27, since I can't fish in New Bark Town itself, since I already got Qat. I run into a Shelder, which I was pretty pleased with. I weaken it with Mothra, but when I go to catch it, I realize I'm out of Poke Balls! So I end up killing it and head back to Ecruteak to train Mudkips until it evolves. At one point, I'm fighting a Raticate with Mudkipz and it hits me down to half health with Bite. I know I need to switch her out, but to my dismay it uses Pursuit! I thought for sure I had just killed another Wooper, but she actually survived with one health! After I evolve Mudkipz, I head back to the Pokeathlon dome to participate in it the next day.

Day 4

I start off by participating in the Pokeathlon with my newly evolved Mudkipz, Chompy, and Kenya. I get all the medals for Mudkipz and Chompy since they don't really have any bad stats, except for Mudkipz speed which is 1. It still works pretty well, though. After that, I decide to get the trophy for the records for Ring Drop and Relay Run since I'm great at them and I have good Pokemon for them as well. It takes me a few tries, but I end up getting them and getting enough points for the Metal Coat, Nugget, and Apricorns in the prize exchange.

Here's my records for the Pokeatlon so far:

Course Records:

Speed: 502 - Torpedo/Eggy/TAFKAR (I think, I have three Rattata after all) Woot, both trphies from this.
Power: 438 - Mudkipz/Chompy/Kenya - Only one trophy.
Skill: 520 - Chompy/Qat/Mudkipz - Highest score out of any of them.
Stamina: 478 - Mudkipz/3rd? WTF/Rocky - Again, both trophies.
Jump: 420 - Mothra/Kenya(Spearow)/Qat - The first trophy I got, and just barely.

Event Records:

Hurdle Dash: 92.7 sec. (124 points) Eggy/Torpedo/TAFKAR
Penant Capture: 45 Flags (135 points) Eggy/Torpedo/TAFKAR - Surprisingly, only 4 off my record in my main file.
Circle Push: 51 Points (153 points) Mudkipz/Chompy/Kenya - Only 7 off my main's record.
Block Smash: 100 Peices (100 points) Mudkipz/Chompy/Kenya - My second and third place records have 3rd? WTF.
Disc Catch: 62 points (129 points) Mothra/Kenya(Spearow)/Qat - Only 8 away from a trophy.
Lamp Jump: 383 Points (109 points) Mothra/Kenya(Spearow)/Qat
Relay Run: 16.5 Laps (165 points) Eggy/Poliwag/TAFKAR - Got the trophy, woot.
Ring Drop: 114 Points (171 points) Mudkipz/3rd? WTF/Rocky - Mudkipz got 75 of these points the first time she was out. Also, got the trophy.
Snow Throw: 76 Hits (200 points) Chompy/Qat/Mudkipz - This one might need a bit of explaining. You see, what I do is constantly hit team yellow and I almost never miss they also only get a maximum af around 15 since their Pokemon are constantly incapacitated. 200 points is the maximum you can get on a event, BTW.
Goal Roll: 7 Points (135 points) Chompy/Remmy/Esquire - This game is completely luck and has nothing to do with Power, IMO. The first two times I did it, I didn't score any points.

Frienship Room Stuff:

Course Record Total: 2356
Event Record Total: 1421
Medal Acqusition Total: 32
Grand Total: 3809

Collective Trophies: 8
Trust Trophies: 2
Potential Trophies: 3
Friendship Trophies 7
Total: 20

Man that took forever to type. If no one cares about the Pokeatlon, tell me and I'll stop posting. No point in typing it if no one's reading it.

I decide to pick up the two Love Balls I had Kurt make for me and drop off 4 Blue Apricorns and pick up the King's Rock and put it on Kenya. (Glad I did; keep reading to find out why.)

So after that I head back to Olivine and head up the Lighthouse. I learn of Amphy's situation and when I get back down, I realize I can fish in Olivine, so I catch a Lv. 20 Naughty Magikarp that I name Flail!. I head out to Cianwood City but on the way, I forget to capture a Pokemon on the Route the Whirl Islands are on so I can't get a Pokemon from there :(. I get to Cianwood and the Gym Trainers and Eusine don't give me much trouble, but Chuck is extremely dificult and annoying.

I start with Qat since I know Kenya and Mothra can't take Primeape's Rock Slide and it has Magical Leaf which will hit past all his Double Teams. I start off with Reflect as they use Double Team. They set up another as I hit them with Magical Leaf. I think they realize Double Team won't do anything and hit me about a forth with Rock Slide as I use another Magical Leaf.

This is where it starts going wrong. Primeape hits Qat with a critical hit Rock Slide and takes him out 0_0. I'm forced to go to Mudkipz since it's my only remaining Pokemon that's not weak to Rock or Fighting. I'm able to take Primeape out with two Surfs without any missing, so that's a plus. I keep Mudkipz in since I fear that one of my Pokemon will get hit with Focus Punch otherwise (remember it's on set, BTW).

I figure my only way to win is to spam Mud Bombs to weaken it and lower its accuracy. Poliwrath ends up hitting me half my health with Body Slam, but thankfully, all of the Hypnosises miss. This is the part that really irritated me. Poliwrath charges up Focus Punch as I use my last Mud Bomb. Not only does the Mud Bomb miss (85 Acc) but Poliwrath proceeds to hit with Focus Punch! Even after all the Accuracy drops. <_< I send out Fearow which procedes to hax Poliwrath to death due to King's Rock Flinches, even when Chuck uses Hyper Potion.

So I pick up Fly on my way out and lay Qat and Mudkipz to rest back at the Pokemon Center. I get out Torpedo to replace Mudkipz. I realize that I haven't caught a Pokemon in Cianwood yet and Shuckle is lolz, so I catch a Lv. 16 Adamant Tentacool and name him Jellyfish.

After getting the Secret Potion and Flying back to Olivine on Kenya, I give the Secret Potion to Jasmine to heal Amphy. I'm not going to even attempt Jasmine until I get a Poliwrath, since it resists all of Steelix's attacking moves. The Warden calls me after I give the Secret Potion to Jasmine so I decide to head to the Safari Zone to try and get an Electric Pokemon, since Clair/Lance's Gyarados is gonna be a bitch.

I Fly back to Cianwood and head into the Cliff Cave. While Surfing to get the one Pearl via the Dowsing Machine, I catch a Lv. 25 Modest Tentacool and name him BJellyfish. I still think I'd rather have a Poliwrath than a Tentacruel so I decide not to train him. Unfortunately, I don't get much of a choice since I'm forced to switch him into an Electabuzz's Thunderbolt in a double battle and it was either that, or keep Mothra in and get KO'd by it. Rocky was almost taken out by the Magmar's Flamethrower before it took it out with Magnitude and nearly took out Electabuzz. I had to revenge kill Electabuzz with Quick Attack.

It was at that point that I new I needed to get a Poliwhirl, ASAP, unless I wanted another Pokemon to die. Unfortunately, I can't get a Water Stone from the Pokeathlon until Wednesday.

Team

Raticate (Chompy) @ Silk Scarf
Lv. 25 (M) - Guts
Serious

Strength
Sucker Punch
Crunch
Quick Attack

Graveler (Rocky) @ Quick Claw (Unfortunately, I can't save which means I can't get a Golem.)
Lv. 25 (M) - Sturdy
Naive

Magnitude
Rock Blast
Rock Smash
Rock Polish (Filler, only here because Self Destruct is useless.)

Poliwhirl (Torpedo) @ Mystic Water
Lv. 25 (M) - Damp (I don't think there are any Exploders in HGSS, but this might come in handy.)
Jolly

Surf
BubbleBeam (Filler until it evolves and I can teach it Drain Punch.)
Body Slam
Hypnosis (Probably will be deleted for Waterfall.)

Butterfree (Mothra) @ Shell Bell
Lv. 26 (M) - Compoundeyes
Quiet

Psybeam
Gust
Sleep Powder
Stun Spore

Fearow (Kenya) @ King's Rock
Lv. 27 (F) - Keen Eye
Hasty

Fly
Aerial Ace
Fury Attack
Pursuit

In Alive Box:

Spinarak (Aracnia) Lv. 3 (F) - Insomnia - Lax - Poison Sting/String Shot
Rattata (Remmy) Lv. 3 (M) - Run Away - Docile - Tackle/Tail Whip
Hoppip (LOLZ) Lv. 6 (F) - Leaf Guard - Naive - Splash/Sythesis
Togepi (Eggy) Lv. 1 (M) - Serene Grace - Relaxed - Growl/Charm/Extrasensory
*Serene Grace and Extrasensory are nice but its level is too low and Kenya is a much better flyer since I can't teach Eggy Fire Blast.
Aipom (Goku) Lv. 3 (F) - Pickup - Timid - Scratch/Tail Whip
Sandshrew (AJ) Lv. 6 (M) - Sand Veil - Modest - Scratch/Defense Curl/Cut
Rattata (Esquire) Lv. 11 (M) - Guts - Lax - Tail Whip/Quick Attack/Focus Energy/Bite
Drowzee (Dremcachr!) Lv. 14 (F) - Insomnia - Quirky - Pound/Hypnosis/Disable/Confusion
Metapod (3rd? WTF) Lv. 9 (F) - Shed Skin - Brave - Harden
Zubat (Batman) Lv. 15 (M) - Inner Focus - Hasty - Leech Life/Supersonic/Astonish/Bite
Rattata (TAFKAR) Lv. 16 (M) - Run Away - Bashful - Focus Energy/Bite/Pursuit/Hyper Fang
Koffing (BOOM!) Lv. 14 (F) - Levitate - Mild - Poison Gas/Tackle/Smog/Smokescreen
Raticate (Ratty) Lv. 17 (M) - Run Away - Naughty - Focus Energy/Bite/Pursuit/Hyper Fang
Pidgey (Phoenix) Lv. 13 (M) - Keen Eye - Naughty - Tackle/Sand-attack/Gust/Quick Attack
Magikarp (Drachen) Lv. 20 (M) - Swift Swim - Docile - Splash/Tackle
Magikarp (Splash) Lv. 20 (M) - Swift Swim - Jolly - Splash/Tackle
Magikarp (Fishy) Lv. 20 (F) - Swift Swim - Naughty - Splash/Tackle
Magikarp (Flail!) Lv. 20 (M) - Swift Swim - Naughty - Splash/Tackle
*Behold my army of Magikarp. I'll train Splash if I want a Gyarados and can't get the one at the Lake of Rage.
Tentacool (Jellyfish) Lv. 16 (M) - Liquid Ooze - Adamant - Supersonic/Constrict/Acid/Toxic Spikes

Dead:

Wooper (Woopah) Lv. 18 (F) - Water Absorb - Naive - Mud Shot/Water Gun/Slam/Tail Whip
*Got taken out by a critical hit Rock Smash from Sudowoodo. She didn't even get a chance to evolve. :'(
Bayleef (Qat) Lv. 26 (M) - Overgrow - Mild - Magical Leaf/Headbutt/Poison Powder/Reflect
*Taken out by a critical hit Rock Slide from Chuck's Primeape. I don't know what I'll do against Water types without him.
Quagsire (Mudkipz) Lv. 26 (F) - Water Absorb - Sassy - Surf/Mud Bomb/Slam/Amnesia
*Hax takes down another one of my best Pokemon. Chuck's Poliwrath got in a Focus Punch whe Mud Bomb missed and hit her after a few Accuracy drops.
Tentacool (BJellyfish) Lv. 25 (M) - Clear Body - Modest - Acid/Toxic Spikes/Bubblebeam/Wrap
*Took a Thunderbolt for Mothra. He didn't even get a chance to attack.

Well, I lost my post to idiocy. Beat two gyms, beat rival. Dewgong is awesome for fire resist from thick fat and signal beam to take out psychics. Gotta farm levels and then onwards to championship.

Team
Sealor - L47 Bold M Dewong
Terra -46 Careful F Jolteon
Knight - L45 Bold M Venusaur
Queen - L47 Careful Nidoqueen
Sandy - L45 Naughty F Pidgeot
Zynx - L46 Mild Jynx

Boxed
Cher - L33 Bashful F Sandslash - Was number 6 before dewgong
Tank - Serios M Magikarp
Zuzy - Naughty F Zubat
Vinez - Lonely M Bellsprout
Numa - Mild M Pidgey
Nose - Naive M Diglett
Longcat - Docile M Meowth
Bob - Relaxed M Sandshrew
Manbearpig - Modest F Mankey
Qxzzy - Timid F Rattata
Arrow - Hast M Spearow
Pup - Lax M Vulpix
Bank - Rash F Meowth
Archer2 - Calm M Spearow
Thedamned - Hardy M snorlax
Rage - Hasty F Gyrados
Red - Relaxed F Krabby
Feesh - Mild F Goldeen
Herb - Lax F Bellsprout
Beak - Quirky M Doduo
Cool - Naive M Tentacool
Dude - Modest M Lapras
Curls - Naughty F Tangela
Kek - Naive Hitmonlee
Meme - Brave F Slowpoke (god awful IVs)
Bell - Bashful F Weepinbell
Doc - Serious M Slowpoke

Ded
Archer the Jolly M Spearow, L15: Cause of death: Pidgey gust crit
Bower - L22 Sassy M Mowth L22: Cause of death: Grimer poison
Thorn - L28 Sassy F Beedrill: Cause of death: Snorlax headbutt

Left Mauville and caught a Numel (Bernie) and Grimer (Kate).
So, got to Fallarbor, found some nuggets (which are pointless as I can't buy anything). Got a Seedot Doll from Lanette and some helpful Persim Berries.
Met Team Magma, yet again, and Team Aqua in Meteor Falls. They said they were going to the Volcano so I thought i'd chase them.
Maxie was a bitch, nearly KO'd Vortex with his Golbat but it eventually died due to severe water damage.
Flannery was an absolute joke. Bernie took out the Slugmas, Vortex took out Torkoal.
Then I met May, thank god she didn't want to battle. She handed over the goggles and me and the team ran off into the desert. Caught a Trapinch in there called Tommy, I may train him up to a Flygon I could do with a Dragon...

I tried this on emerald: nothing (of value) fainted so it just felt like a normal playthrough. Same with firered. AND platinum. What can I say, I guess I'm too good at in-game or whatever. So I said fuck it and tried emerald 386 (google it if you don't know what it is)

HOLY FUCK EVERYTHING KEPT DYING LIKE MAD. Caught a few sirskits, which died early on, then my starter died, and my noctowl, and I just got so pissed off at having to catch new pokemon each route and grind them up to speed I gave up around the 3rd gym and made it into a normal run. Shit's way too intense. Seriously I'm fighting level 60's before the elite four what the hell man

Chapter 1:The Great Gonzalez

Chapter 2:Strange Books and Stranger Boxes

Chapter 3:New Companions and Old Rivalries

Time for the 4th long-winded installment of Pokemon Red: TD;LR version. I promise these will become less frequent and a bit shorter once I catch up to my game's current state (which is in Cerulean so only one more chapter after this one).

Chapter 4: The First Gym

I arrive in Pewter City just as the sun begins to set. My trek through Viridian Forest went surprisingly smoothly. After spending time training Wiggler back near the town, I realized that I didn't want my pokemon constantly exposed to the same sort of poison that Wiggler uses, so I ended up keeping Shiz out the entire time. Bug pokemon are, as expected, easy targets for birds, and none of them lasted long enough against Shiz to even think about unleashing poisonous death. Even the trainers I encountered in the forest were simply bug catchers, and their pokemon stood up no better against my mighty bird than the wild bugs did.

A brief stroll through the city confirms that Gary was correct in telling me there was a gym here, and as far as I could tell, this one's gym leader is actually around. It's probably too late to go take on the gym now, so first I go find the city's pokemon center. Shiz is still pretty tired out from killing everything we ran across in the forest. As I enter the pokemon center, I'm briefly stunned by how similar the girl smiling behind the counter is to the clerk at Viridian's pokemon center.

Morning comes and me and my pokemon are feeling fine. I head back over to the Pewter Gym , stopping only briefly to look at a large building I somehow didn't notice the night before. The sign out front seems to indicate that it's some sort of museum. Today is for fighting not learning though, so I ignore the museum and continue heading to the gym. As I walk through the door, the first thing I notice is a set of podiums on both sides of the walkway that extends though the gym. "Pewter City Gym. Leader: Brock - Master of Rock Pokemon" I quietly read to myself, "Winning Trainers: Gary," the words slightly stinging my lips as I read them. That bastard still managed to beat me here after the beat down I gave his pokemon?

Angrily I rush down the walkway towards the platform I see the gym leader sitting on. Before I manage to declare my challenge to the gym leader, some scruffy looking kid grabs me by the shoulder and spins me around to face him. "Where you think you goin' pal?" The kid practically grunts at me, his voice sounding like gravel grinding against bike tires. I can see why he chose this gym to hang out in. "You think Brock has time to waste on punks like youse."

"Considering he's pretty much sitting sitting there, watching us, I think he's got plenty of time to waste."

"Jokester, eh, let's see if youse pokemon are as bad as you jokes." The kid pulls out a pair of pokeballs, the first one he throws down reveals a strange rock monster with long arms. The pokedex describes this thing as a geodude. Apparently it really is made out of rock. Thinking back on my last day of training my pokemon in Viridian, I had Chim-Chim going around kicking rocks to help strengthen his kicks. I figure a pokemon make of rock breaks just like any other rock, I think to myself as I bring out the mankey. "Ha, the monkey has a monkey" my opponent laughs to himself.

"Hey Chim, break that geodude until its face is as ugly as its trainer's!"

"Still with the jokes, pal? 'Ey Rocko, go beat up that ape, and then after he's down, take out that Mankey too!" Geodude turns away from Chim-chim and lumbers over towards me. Chim quickly gets between me and the rock monster, and raises one leg high into the air before bringing it down on top of the geodude's skull, er, head, er, whatever. A slight crack forms where CC's foot made impact and the rock stops moving. "Rocko, return!" Scruffy kid cries as he calls back his geodude. "Mouser gonna make youse monkeys pay for mangling my Rocko!" Another pokeball opens and a white and yellow rodent pops out.

I get ready to send Chim-Chim to take on this rat, but one of my pokeballs begins to shake. I grab it out of its holster and notice, expectantly, that it's Gonzalez's. Gonz as always seemed so far to enjoy fighting more than any of my other pokemon, and I guess me letting Shiz do all the work in the forest has made him pretty eager for a fight. "Chim-chim, return!" I bring back CC as Gonz jumps out of his pokeball before I even have a chance to throw it. "Alright Gonzalez, have your fun!"

Gonzalez roars in delight as the kid's rodent, which the pokedex lists as a sandshrew, curls up and rolls at him. One of the bulbasaur's vines reaches out and smacks the rat ball, causing it to spin out of control and into the wall of the gym, then uncurls and falls flat on the floor. "Youse alright Mouser?!" Scruffy kid screams as he runs over to his sandshrew. I call out to Gonzalez and the two of us finally approach the gym leader.

Brock, as the sign up front calls him, looks a lot more impressive than that kid he lets hang around. Despite his skin looking like its covered with a few layers of rock dust, his dark jacket looks surprisingly clean. His dusty hair sticks out in impossibly pointy spikes. "You took down Liam pretty easily, let's see if you can provide me as good as a battle as the last kid that fought me."

"You mean Gary? Ha, don't compare him to me."

"At least you're as arrogant as he is. Come out, Geodude!" A geodude jumps out of a pokeball Brock was keeping in his jacket pocket. This one looks a bit sturdier than Liam's, but a rock is still just a rock.

"Smash it into dust, Gonzalzez!" Before I even finish my sentence, Gonz's vines wrap around Brock's Geodude. Gonzalez lifts the rock up into the air as high as its vines will stretch, then brings it crashing down onto the floor. "Hmm, that's odd, figured you'd be better than that kid, Brock."

"Don't think you'll be able to toss this rock around so easily. Onix, it's time to fight!" The pile of rocks lining the back wall begins to shift, then to slide quickly around the gym. I soon realize, to my horror, that these rocks are his other pokemon, a massive serpent made of boulders. It moves quickly for its massive size as it brings its head around to gaze at me and Gonzalez. "Onix, crush them."

Quickly I call Gonzalez back into this pokeball, switching him for Chim-Chim, who I think will handle this boulder beast. "Rock Tomb!" Brock's voice echos through the gym. He sure likes to get more theatrical with his main pokemon around. Onix's massive maw opens and a stream of rocks sprays out at Chim-Chim, who begins jumping around the arena, knocking away the rocks he's unable to completely avoid.

"Keep moving, Chim, there's no way he can keep this up forever!" Chim follows the order well, never taking a direct hit from the incoming rocks. Eventually the rock snake gets fed up and raises its head into the air, stretching its gigantic body upward, seemingly preparing to crash down upon the ape. "Now, Chim-Chim!" I shout, and CC springs into the offensive, landing a powerful kick on the boulder Onix's weight seems to be mostly on. The rock trembles for a moment, then shatters under the combined force of its own weight and Chim-Chim's kick. The great serpent falls to the ground, roaring in agony.

"Return, Onix" Brock mutters quietly, as he pulls out a pokeball and Onix vanishes in a large white flash. "Looks like I've been beaten. Here." Brock pulls out a small rock shaped badge, and tosses it to me. "Possessing the Boulderbadge will boost the physical strength of any pokemon you carry with you. It also allows your pokemon to use the technique Flash to its full potential."

I nod and start to turn toward the door, then look over my shoulder back at Brock "By the way, who's the leader in the Viridian Gym? He was AWOL when I tried to go there."

"His name's Giovanni. Don't know much about him except that the other trainers have a lot of respect for him, maybe even fear him. If you're after more badges, you should probably head east through Mt. Moon to Cerulean City. A grass type like your bulbasaur should fare pretty well against the pokemon Misty keeps."

Quietly I nod once more as I walk out the gym doors into the bright noon sun. With plenty of time left in the day to travel, I make a short stop at the local store and the pokemon center, before heading east out of town, following the path leading toward Mt. Moon"

Pokemon Report!
Gonzalez - Level 13 Bulbasaur
Monty Jack - Level 9 Rattata
Wiggler - Level 8 Kakuna
Shiz - Level 12 Pidgey
Chim-Chim - Level 10 Mankey

This looks fun; I'll join in. My challenge will be called:

Nuzlocke Crystal Hard Mode

('Cause I'm playing on Crystal. Why? I loved Gold and managed to raise an entire team to level 100--something I haven't done on any other game--but it's been a while since I've played it. Also, I've never played Crystal. This should make for a half-decent challenge.)

Nuzlocke Mandatory rules:

1. Knocked out Pokemon are considered DEAD. Release them. Once you lose all your Pokemon, GAME OVER.
2. You can only catch the FIRST Pokemon you encounter in each new area.

Optional rule: Nickname all of your Pokemon.

Seeing as how I've never had self-imposed challenges on a Pokemon game before, I'll start here with these rules:

Hard Mode rules:

1. Use SET battle mode.
2. NO healing items of ANY kind.
3. NO items outside of battle.
4. Use only the PokeBalls you find lying around.
Exception: Anytime you run out of PokeBalls, you may buy ONE POKE BALL, but ONLY if you run out. You can only do this once per area with a Poke Mart, and no backtracking to previous areas to buy PokeBalls.

That explains the rules. Now let's get on with the game! I might as well try and describe my adventure in a narrative. I once wrote a fanfic set in the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX universe. I never finished it, but the people that read it thought it was good so I guess I have some storytelling ability.

--Prologue - Creepy Old Men and Weird Errands--This Isn't Pokemon!

I was so excited last night that I woke up early this morning--5:43 AM, to be exact. I never wake up that early, especially on a Saturday when I'm trying to sleep in. Why was I excited? I'M GONNA BE A POKEMON TRAINER!

"Ow, not so loud!" some old guy standing next to my bed said. (Wait, was he watching me sleep? I'm 10. O_O Oh that's right, it's my 10th birthday! Forgot about that.) "It's early in the morning and I just woke up. I'm too old. My ears can't take your yelling!" (Yelling? What yelling?)

As I turned towards the middle of my room, I found this old man standing there with what appeared to be a Wooper. The man was in a lab coat and brown khakis with what appeared to be vanilla-colored hair. (Yup, he's old.) The Wooper was tucked in behind the guy's right leg, presumably cowering in fear. I guess Pokemon don't like loud noises in the morning, either.

"Ahem," the man went as if he was going to give a long-ass speech. Great, here we go...

"Before I begin, I need to ask you one thing: are you a boy? Or are you a girl?"

WHAT THE HELL KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT? You mean you can't tell which sex I am from the plain design of the room or just LOOKING AT ME?!

You know what? Never mind. The old man is probably just senile. Yeah, that has to be it. There's no way a normal person wouldn't be able to take one look at me and know that I'm a boy.

"Oh, so you're a boy then? Good, now there's something I have to tell you." (Whoa, I never actually told you I was a boy! Are you feigning ignorance or something?)

"Hello! Sorry to keep you waiting!" the old man begins. I'm not sure why he thought he was keeping me waiting, but whatever. "Welcome to the world of POKEMON!" (And yes, he said it in ALL CAPS. Saying words in ALL CAPS will happen a lot. That's just the kind of world I live in. Get used to it.) "My name is OAK. People call me the POKEMON PROF."

Finally, I don't have to call him "old man" anymore. Wait, did he say he was the POKEMON PROF. OAK? He's famous! What the hell is he doing in a 10-year-old boy's bedroom? Shouldn't he be busy doing his Pokemon research? Unless...

NO! I don't want to continue that train of thought. Better just keep listening to what OAK says...

"This world is inhabited by creatures that we call POKEMON. People and POKEMON live together by supporting each other. Some people play with POKEMON, some battle with them. But we don't know everything about POKEMON yet. There are still many mysteries to solve. That's why I study POKEMON every day.

"Now, what did you say your name was?"

Wait, hold the phone. You're asking for my name NOW? You somehow know where I live and what I want to do with my life, but you don't know my NAME? Huh...

"I-I'm COTH," I respond with a puzzled look. The name was my father's idea. He was a druggie and an alcoholic. I'm kind of glad he fell overboard on that ferry when my family moved here; he was never a pleasant person to be around. I've asked my mother repeatedly to change my name, but she loved my father too much; apparently he was great in the sack. She always gave me the same tired 'When you're 18, dear' response whenever I asked about it. To be honest, I don't know if she'd let me change it then, either.

"COTH," continued OAK, not giving a care about how unusual the name was, "are you ready? Your very own POKEMON story is about to unfold. You'll face fun times and tough challenges. A world of dreams and adventures with POKEMON awaits! Let's go! I'll be seeing you later!"

And with that, POKEMON PROF. OAK and the Wooper disappeared in a cloud of white smoke. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? Was he really there? Was he an illusion? Was he a hologram? Did I just imagine the whole thing?

...Huh. Maybe my father had the right idea in life...

...I'm going back to sleep.

--------------------

I woke back up a few hours later. Wait, why am I dressed and standing in the middle of the room? Wait, what was that with POKEMON PROF. OAK? Did that really happen?

I decided to stop thinking about it and go downstairs to the front room.

At the bottom of the stairs, I find two ladies chatting at our front room table across from each other. The one to my left is in a white dress with her hair... "artistically styled" like two giant earrings in the back (Who first thought that would be attractive? I want to smack him.); that would be my mother. Her name is Delia--

Wait, no it's not. It's not like her name's important to the story, anyway, so for my purposes I'll just call her "MOM." (I know. I'm really creative. Just like my father. Did I really take that much from him?)

The other woman is in a black dress with her hair in a bun--that would be... some friend of my mother's, I don't know. She comes by from time to time just to talk. I really don't know anything about her. I hear she has a hot daughter about my age, but I've never seen her around so I don't know if that's true. I'd still like to meet her, though.

Upon me reaching the front room, my mother turned and walked up to me. "Oh, GOLD...! Our neighbor, PROF. ELM, was looking for you. He said he wanted you to do something for him."

Oh, the creepy nerd guy who keeps himself cooped up in his lab all the time? Yeah, that's PROF. ELM. He's a POKEMON PROF. like OAK, only nowhere near as famous. Still, when it comes to POKEMON, he certainly knows what he's talking about. Doesn't make him any less creepy, though. AND I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING FOR HIM? Just great. I hope he keeps his promise and gives me a POKEMON today. If he does that, then I SHOULD be able to tolerate him...

"Oh, I almost forgot!" My mother remembers something and reaches into a paper bag. "Your POKEMON GEAR is back from the repair shop. Here you go!"

SWEET! My POKEMON GEAR! It's like a wrist watch, but it has several more functions that can come in handy. You can't call yourself a POKEMON trainer if you don't have a POKEMON GEAR. It's THAT useful!

"POKEMON GEAR, or just POKEGEAR. It's essential if you want to be a good trainer."

You didn't have to tell me that, MOM...

"Oh, the day of the week isn't set. You mustn't forget that!"

Do we really have to set it now? Whatever...

"What day is it?"

It's Saturday...

"Is it Daylight Saving Time now?"

It's APRIL, MOM, WHAT DO YOU THINK?!

"8:52 AM DST, is that OK?"

Yes, MOM...

"Come home to adjust your clock for Daylight Saving Time. By the way, do you know how to use the PHONE?"

I'm not a toddler. I know how to use a phone.

"Don't you just turn the POKEGEAR on and select the PHONE icon? Phone numbers are stored in memory. Just choose a name you want to call. Gee, isn't that convenient?"

I'm absolutely THRILLED at how convenient that is... >_>

Alright, I guess I'll go see PROF. ELM. But first I should say hello to MOM's friend just to be polite.

"Hello, COTH," said MOM's friend, "I'm visiting!" Oh, you're not here for no reason whatsoever? Could've fooled me. "COTH, have you heard? My daughter is adamant about becoming PROF. ELM's assistant. She really loves POKEMON!"

Is that so? Hmmmm... maybe I'll get the chance to meet her after all...

And with that, I took my leave. It was a very short walk over to the ELM POKEMON LAB. The town I live in, NEW BARK TOWN, is very small. There are FOUR buildings in the entire place: my house, PROF. ELM's house, some random girl's house, and the lab. It's not exactly GOLDENROD CITY or CELADON CITY, but it's the kind of small-town place that makes you realize when you leave to embark on a journey, 'Wow, I'm about to do something really important,' and that kind of place has a charm all on its own. (I think I'm playing too many RPGs...) I don't know if what PROF. ELM has in store for me is particularly "important," but he is supposed to give me a POKEMON today, and that's quite the important change in my life.

I entered the lab and went straight to PROF. ELM. Part of me was hesitant to address the creepy man in the lab coat and glasses cooped up to his computer, but most of me was looking forward to seeing what he wanted me to do. Maybe he'll finally give me a POKEMON?

Alright ELM, what do you want?

"COTH! There you are! I needed to ask you a favor. I'm conducting new POKEMON research right now. I was wondering if you could help me with it, COTH."

Research? What happened to you giving me a POKEMON today, huh?

"You see, I'm writing a paper that I want to present at a conference. But there are some things I don't quite understand yet."

Like why you aren't giving me a Pokemon right now?

"So! I'd like you to raise a POKEMON that I recently caught."

Well why didn't you say so in the first place? Now you're speaking my language! SOLD!

"Thanks, COTH! You're a great help! When I announce my findings, I'm sure we'll delve a bit deeper into the many mysteries of POKEMON. You can count on it!"

Yeah yeah, that's great and all, but I'm finally gonna get a POKEMON! Hooray!

Suddenly, PROF. ELM's AOL service went off with a notification.

"You've got mail!"

"Oh, hey," exclaimed PROF. ELM, "I got an e-mail!" He turned to his computer and began reading the message.

"......Hm...

"Uh huh...

"Okay..."

After reading the message, he turned to me with a puzzled look in his face.

"Hey, listen." (This can't be good.) "I have an acquitance called MR. POKEMON. He keeps finding weird things and raving about his discoveries." (So he's a POKEMANIAC; gotcha.) "Anyway, I just got an e-mail from him saying that this time it's real." (Wait, he's LIED to you before? Why trust him now?) "It is intriguing, but we're busy with our POKEMON research..."

Let me guess: you want ME to go check it out, right?

"Wait! I know!"

Wait for it...

"COTH, can you go in our place?"

...and I nailed it. This'll be FUN. >_> Can I have my POKEMON now?

Then, as if he was reading my mind, PROF. ELM got up from his chair and walked over to a desk with three POKEBALLS.

"I want you to raise one of the POKEMON contained in these BALLS. You'll be that POKEMON's first partner, COTH! Go on. Pick one!"

Finally! Took you long enough! Gimme! Gimme!

I walk over to the desk and examine the BALLS closely. The one in the middle particularly catches my eye. Next to the BALL is a picture of a crocodile-like POKEMON; this is the Water-type POKEMON, TOTODILE.

I've been thinking about this decision for a while now. It doesn't matter to me which one I start with; I'll catch 'em all eventually. Still, I wanted one that will make it easier on me in the beginning. Ultimately, I decided that

1. Water POKEMON are just plain awesome.
and
2. I'd rather start with a POKEMON with SCRATCH instead of TACKLE. I've heard more than a few horror stories of POKEMON dying just because a random TACKLE missed at a key moment. SCRATCH is much less likely to miss in those situations--and it's a little stronger, too.

I pick up the BALL and PROF. ELM asks, "Do you want TOTODILE, the water POKEMON?"

Why, yes I do.

"I think that's a great POKEMON too!"

Of course you do. You probably would've said that had I picked something else, wouldn't you?

Oh well. I've got a partner now! You know what, TOTODILE? I'm calling you "SCRATCH;" that is why I picked you after all. You should definitely be a great asset during my journey.

Let's take a look at its stats, shall we?

SCRATCH, the Male Totodile
Level 5
Moves: Scratch, Leer
HP 20
Atk 12
Def 12
SpA 10
SpD 11
Spe 10

Not bad, not bad at all.

PROF. ELM then walked over to me to tell me more about this MR. POKEMON.

"MR. POKEMON lives a little bit beyond CHERRYGROVE, the next city over. It's almost a direct route there, so you can't miss it. But just in case, here's my phone number. Call me if anything comes up!"

Yeah... I'll do that. And his number is... 867-5309. Hooray.

ELM then turned to a machine in the corner of the room. "If your POKEMON is hurt, you should heal it with this machine. Feel free to use it anytime.

"COTH, I'm counting on you!"

Finally, he stopped talking! Time to get started--

"Wait!"

As I was about to walk through the door, one of PROF. ELM's assistants stopped me.

"COTH, I want you to have this for your errand."

A... POTION? Oh, THANKS. Thanks for giving me something I CAN'T USE! Really, THANK YOU!

"There are only two of us, so we're always busy."

Well, no wonder PROF. ELM isn't famous; he needs more assitants in order to get anything done!

I walked out of that door with SCRATCH in hand. With a brisk wind blowing by and PIDGEY fluttering in the sky, it was then that I truly realized what I was getting myself into. I wasn't just doing something really important: I was at the beginning of a new stage of my life. NEW BARK TOWN is known as "The Town Where the Winds of a New Beginning Blow," and now I see why...

...because today, my POKEMON journey begins!

Coming Soon: Chapter 1 - Creepy Old Men and a Thief to Chase--This Isn't Pokemon!

Nothing notable on FireRed; beat Giovanni easily and now I'm grinding everything to Level 49/50. Did Leonardo (who's now an Arcanine) and Stinkweed (convenience) first.

But I did start one of these on Ruby. Picked the girl character and named her Vivian. Got the slowest Torchic in existence (Quiet nature and poor Speed IVs; only 8 Speed at Level 5) and no rare catches. So far I've beaten two gyms and am preparing for the second Rival battle.

Team:
Combusken (CptChicken)- Level 22
Taillow (BlueFalcon)- Level 17/18
Whismur (Minnie)- Level 18
Dustox (Mothra)- Level 17/18
Two Zigzagoons (Amelia and Scrappy)- Levels 11 and 12

Box:
Zubat (Nightwing)- Level 7

Dead:
Zigzagoon (Saria)- Level 3 (Crit Tackle while grinding)
Whismur (BoomboxBoy)- Level 8 (Crit while grinding)

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
@EvilBob
This new log is quite promising. I look forward to more.

So. It has come to my attention that the leaked title for the Generation 5 games is Black/White. So.... I apparently need to rename my log. I'll try to brainstorm an idea before I post the next part.
What an extremely odd coincidense...

Losing something low level and weak, who you are training is one thing... losing two valuable members (One near evolution into a Fir type powerhouse) is another. Mickey the Hariyama fell to Norman's 2nd Slaking (Two Facade's, one a crit) and Bernie the Numel fell to a Critical hit double super effective water type attack in the rain. They will be severely missed.
Now i'm on my way to Fortree, severely weakened with nowhere to heal... Hopefully my Trapinch evolves soon.

I have been inspired by how pokemon should really be played. I think I'll go ahead with this challenge on my Emerald game(With kittens rules, because I feel like it.) And you know what? I'mma take a hand at making a comic too. It'll probably suck, but I will do so anyways. I am filled with anticipation.

So I decided to go ahead and start a Nuzlocke Run on my LeafGreen the other day. Everything had been going well, and I had just finished visiting Bill. My only loss at this time was a lv3 Rattata who I wasn't planning on training anyways. My team thus far consisted of Charmeleon, Butterfree, Wigglytuff, and Paras, all ~lv18.

I headed south and went through the Underground Tunnel thingy and when I came out, found a Bellsprout. Wigglytuff weakened it, but then missed with Sing twice and and got put to sleep. Bellsprout had used Bind first turn, so I couldn't switch out. I slept 5 turns and ended up getting KO'ed by the combination of Bind and Vine Whip.(Oh sure, NOW you start using Vine Whip when I can't take it...no Sleep Powder'ing the already asleep Wigglytuff for you).

=[

Alexis NOOO!!!!!!

So yeah haven't played since then....I'm still too shocked by losing one of my favorite members from such a seemingly harmless situation..I just didn't see it coming, and it really hit home..Don't really know what to do now, my team has such a gap in it now.....no one can take Alexis' place :[

That is horribly gutting Luphrous :(
I tried to Nuzlocke, but it simulates my beloved ingame pokemon dying! I don't like it :(

I’m attempting a LeafGreen run. I’m just doing summaries and not huge blogs.

I named myself AJ and my rival Rosey, just the first names I could think of. I picked Charmander as my starter and rename him Gibbs. Naïve nature, couldn’t ask for much better. Brought back the pokeballs and continued to Route 2. First pokemon to see…..level 2 pidgey, how exciting. I catch it, and forget to rename it. It has a Impish nature which it pretty mice, considering I would rather have the extra Defense then any useless Special Attack. I then went to Route 22 for my third pokemon, and the game is a bit nicer. I find myself with a Quirky Mankey at level 3. I renamed it Dinozo (yes, for those of you wondering, I’m an NCIS fan). Perfect for the gym in Pewter, not a bad nature either. Could be either better or worse. I trained all of them to level 10, cause that’s where I always start. I fight my rival in Route 22.

Rosey sends out a lvl 9 Pidgey
I send out Gibbs (Charmander)
Pidgey uses Tackle, Gibbs uses Ember
Both repeat the same attacks, Pidgey faints.
Rosey sends out Squirtle.
With Gibbs at half HP, I take him out and send in Dinozo, who takes a Tackle from Squirtle.
Dinozo uses Low Kick, Squirtle uses Tail whip.
Both repeat same attacks.
Dinozo uses Low Kick, Squirtle uses Tackle
Both repeat same attacks. Squirtle faints. I win!
I continue to Viridian Forest hoping to catch a Weedle or at least Kakuna. The game hates me. It blessed me with Mankey and good/neutral natures so far, but everything changes. First pokemon who comes out……Metapod. To make matters worse, he’s only at level 4. Hardy nature isn’t terrible, but again, I’d rather have something useful and not neutral. Again, I forgot to nickname him (shit). Currently battling through the Forest and nobody has died.

Current team
Gibbs lvl 12 (Charmander)
Dinozo lvl 10 (Mankey)
Pidgey lvl 10 (I hope this is self explanatory)
Metapod lvl 4
I will rename when I get to Lavender Town, if they still live.

Thanks, man.

On the whole, the quality just keeps improving. Lightsabre, I'm enjoying your take on the process. DDRMaster, your log is extremely readable, but I'd love it if you'd editorialize a little more or try some humor. Still a really good read though.
Can't wait for your next chapter btw, the style really makes me think of some of old noir films and books. Could almost imagine an adolescent Bogart doing the narration.

I decided that I would like to embark on a Nuzlocke Challenge for HeartGold. Playing by these rules:
1. A Pokemon who faints is considered dead and can no longer be used. (I hate losing pokemon, so I’ll just trade it over to Platinum if I lose the challenge)
2. Only the first pokemon encountered can be caught and used in a party. (Includes Route 29 and 30, where I encounter pokemon but cannot catch them due to lack of Pokeballs
3. Nickname all of your pokemon. Show them the love and affection as if they were real.
4. No healing items of any kind (IN and OUT of battle)
5. If all of your pokemon die, the challenge is over. ;_;

I wish to improve as a trainer and I desired a new way to play. I pray for no hax against me aka constant statuses or critical hits. I hopefully I avoid losing anyone of my future Pokemon friends. Here are notable events from the first day:

-Had a dream with a famous professor incapable of determining what gender I am. I told him that I was a Finn, a male college student who is confused why some famous Professor is talking to me in a dream like this. He then fills my head with dreams of adventure and glory. I guess something good will happen soon.

-Mom give me goodies (Bag, Trainer Card, Save, and Options) Thanks Mom. Also, need to go to Elm for something (does this happen to relate to a gender-confused professor?)

-Saw Lyra playing with her Marril. Cute.

-Met with Prof. Elm. I have to participate in a study for him where I walk with pokemon (at least I don't have to lie in a bed for three months straight or some other psychology experiment X_X.) I also have to go visit Mr. Pokemon to get a Pokemon Egg (I wonder where it came from?). Ended up picking a Cyndaquil, named Ty (for Typhlosion). He seemed like the good type of pokemon. Very careful and deliberate in his choices, which is important, since he will not taking too many unnecessary risks. I can’t wait to show Ty off.

-Lyra and Mom like Ty. Mom gave me my pokegear (I know how to use a phone, Mom).

-Went out to route 29. Fought a lvl 4 Pidgey as my first battle. (That b****** almost killed Ty X_X).

-Went to route 29…again (Curse you devil bird). Pidgey’s are the bane of my existence (I pray I don’t have to fight any strong ones).

-Met Guide Gent in Cherrygrove. He gave me the tour of the town (Even though Ty is about to fall over >_>) At least I got some running shoes and a Town Map app.

-Started on route 30 and met the Apricorn man (Sweet I can pick me some apricorns :D…wait what do I do with them? I’ll probably find out soon)

-Fought a Metapod, but had no pokeballs to catch it. Darn.

-Met Mr. Pokemon. Gave me a mysterious egg (I wonder what’s inside?) Took a quick rest and met Professor Oak (That’s who I dreamt of. He seems less gender confused this time). He then tells me how he understands why he picked me to be a part of Elm’s studies (maybe it’s because you were in my dream telling me I would be…idk). Then he heads to Goldenrod to be apart of his Radio Show (Shouldn’t you be, idk, researching?) O yea, he gives me a Pokedex, which is pretty schweet. It’s better than the one I saw on TV.

That’s all at the moment. He’s my current party:

Lvl 8 Ty, my beloved Cyndaquil from New Bark Town
Careful (+SpD/-SpA)
-Tackle
-Leer
-Smokescreen

He’s pretty nice. Seems like he’ll have good IV’s

Places visited and gained Pokemon:
-New Bark Town

Places visited but no Pokemon can be gained:
-Route 29
-Route 30

Places I visited and can gain Pokemon:
-Cherrygrove

Up ahead, I can visit Route 46 and get a Geodude or Spearow, then the Dark Cave and Route 31. First though, I have a strange feeling something happened back home in New Bark Town. We’ll see next time on Finn’s adventure with Ty.

It's the Final Countdown!

Well, this is it, I've done my grinding and now its time for the Elite for, live or die this is it.

Team
Sealor - L51 Bold M Dewong: Signal Beam // Surf // Ice Beam // Rest
Terra -L50 Careful F Jolteon: Thunderbolt // Pin Missile // Thunder Wave // Quick Attack
Knight - L50 Bold M Venusaur Strength // Sleep Powder // Leech Seed // Razor Leaf
Queen - L50 Careful Nidoqueen: Body Slam// Surf // EQ // Superpower
Sandy - L50 Naughty F Pidgeot Fly // Steel Wing // Whirl Wind // QA
Zynx - L50 Mild Jynx Water Pulse // Lovely Kiss // Ice Beam // Psychic

Roud 1: Ice

Terra's on point for this one, and has an aspear berry.

Turn one: Terra vs Dewgong Terra used Thunderbolt, takes off 7/8
Turn two: Thunderbolt again
Turn three: Terra vs Cloyster: Thunberbolt gets protected
Turn four: Thunderbolt one-shots
Turn five: Terra vs Slowbro: Thunderbolt vs Amesia
Turn six: T-Bolt vs Full Restore
7: T-wave vs Surf
8:Full restore vs Surf
9: T-bolt vs surf
10: T-bolt vs surf
11: Terra Vs Lapras: Full restore vs surf
12: T-bolt crits and knocks out, terra level-up
13: Terra vs Jynx: Since jynx has awful HP and def I go for pin missile, 5 hits takes her down low. Jynx lovely kiss misses
14: Victory by t-bolt!

This battle went smooth as I hoped. Terra's thunderbolts are the path on which victory is tread.

Round 2 - Fighting
Zynx takes the lead, she can use the extra XP for Agatha.
1: Zynx vs Onix - Water pulse, 4x SE for the win
2:Zynx vs Hitmonchan -Psychic doesn't quite do it, Zynx dies to sky uppercut, I'm so fucked on lance, and agatha
3: Queen goes in EQ vs Full Restore
4: Queen is faster and kills with EQ
5: Queen 1-shots onix with surf
6: Hitmonlee comes in, megakick misses while EQ hits
7: Megakick does 63, EQ finishes
8: Machamp in, misses with rock tomb, EQ hits for 1/3
9: Machamp misses with scary face, surf hits and triggers berry
10: Rocktomb hits, EQ hits
11: Cross Chop takes queen to the yellow, EQ finishes, random irrelevant poison point trigger. Queen hits 51

I'm down my hardest hitter now, damn Jynx's base 35 defense. Queen is the champion, my friend.

Round 3: Poison (er, ghost, yeah ghost)
Sandy gets point, hoping to get physical damage on the weak defense of ghosts. Sandy and Terra get chesto berries.
1: Sandy vs Gengar: Confuse Ray hits, but terra takes off
2: Fuck doubleteam makes fly miss
3: FUCK DOUBLETEAM, whirlwind misses
4: Doubleteam again, whirlwind hits, in comes haunter
5: Fast fly > haunters hypnosis
6: 75% damage, hypnosis hits, but chesto takes care of that
7: Fast fly > mean look
8: Fly hits, down goes haunter
9: Gengar in More fucking doubleteam, sandy flies
10: Fly hits, more double team
12: Confuse ray, steal wing miss
13: Confusion self hit, toxic
---Stall war break in action---
Y'know, this is made even worse by the fact that gengar's sprite makes me want to vomit.
??: Gengar dies to struggle.
1: Golbat comes in, air cutter crits, sandy up
2: Aird cutter misses, sandy down of like 1/3
3: Hyper potion, air cutter hits
4: Confuse ray, sandy up
5: sandy confused, more air cutter
6: Steel wing and no more confusion, air cutter again
7: Quick attack vs poison fang that activates
8: Full restore vs bite
9: QA for the win
10: Arbok in, Switch in queen into screech
11: EQ hits for a ton, but Queen takes a ton from iron tail
12: Switch in Sandy to full restore
13-15: Flying around, take a ton from sludge bomb but live
14-17: Knight gets arbok asleep and kills with strength
18: In comes Gengar2, hyper pot vs sludge bomb
19: Hypnosis misses, leach seed hits
20: Sludge bomb while I heal team
21: Hypnosis hits, no sleep powder
22: Queen in, sludge bomb does nothing
23: Shadow ball does close to nothing, surf barely misses kill, berry up
24: Hypnosis hits, leach seed kills

*sigh* that was obnoxious. I beat one gengar with it struggling itself to death. Time to heal up and proceed to lance. Terra gets point

Round 4: Lance
1: Terra vs Gyrados: If you can't guess how this went t-bolt wins
2: Dragonair in switch Seelor into outrage, kinda hurts
3: ice beam hits for alot, crit takes me into danger zone
4: hyper potion self while lance restores
5: Ice beam takes off alot while he safeguards
6: Ice beam takes out Dragonaire
7: areodactyle comes in. I get KO'd by ancient power crit
--- I think this is the end for me---
8: Terra comes in, narrowly misses KO, takes about 45% from ancient power
9: Terra kills Aerodactyl
10: Dragonaire in, switch in Knight, take a T-wave
11: Outrage stings, set up leach seed
12: Outrage vs Sleep powder, shed skin removes sleep
13: Safeguard stops sleep powder
14: Full paralyzed vs outrage
15: Full restore vs outrage
16: Str Vs Full restore
17: Sleep powder connects
18: Strength crit and leach seed kills
19: Sleep powder hits
20: Leach seed hits, Nite sleeps (lol pun)
21: Strength does lol damage while nite sleeps
22: x2
23: Hyperbeamed! and strengthed
24: Nite dead turn, goes down to a sliver
25: Lance is won

I lose my only Zard switch in to a ancient power crit. This one is a combined effort, with leach seed doing a lot the heavy lifting.

Final Battle: Vs Champion avenger!
Terra takes point again, heal everyone, use the rare candy I had sitting around on Terra. I feel she will be essential in the coming battle. I am down 2, my hardest hitter and my bulkiest. Also, the only one I can switch into Zard. So, lets see how this goes.

1: Terra vs Pidgeot: T-bolt fails to 1-shot, take a sand attack
2: Avenger uses a full restore, Terra crits.
3: Rhydon in, so I don't eat a EQ I switch in Sandy
4: Knight comes into a scary face
5: Knight lives through an EQ, kills rhydon with razor leaf.
6: Knight sacced to Psychic
7: Terra comes in, hits 5 times with Pin missile taking off 75%, takes just under 50% from psychic
8: T-bolt vanquishes Zam
9: Play it safe here as Eggy comes in and hyper pot, get slept
10: Eat an egg bomb while using a full heal
11: Do a bunch with pin missile, slept again.
12: Switch sandy into a light screen
13: Fly up
14: Fly down, don't kill, get slept
15: Full heal vs full restore
16: Fly up
17: down, over half, slept
18: Chesto berry, egg bomb hurts
19: Up
20: Down for the kill
21: Gyra in, full restore on Terra, as she has to get in later, Sandy falls to hydro pump
22: Terra comes in, kills Gyra with T-bolt, up to level 54!
23: Terra takes of 66% with T-bolt, and lives through fireblast with 13/153
24: Terra wins with Needless Crit!

My longest members, Knight and Sandy have to take one for the team. With a lack of switches I have to sac them to get others in. Both of them for Terra. Terra's +Sdef nature proves to be a godsend, allowing her to survive fire blast and 2-shot Zard.

And the champions of LG Nuzlocke!

Queen, Level 51 Nidoqueen
and

Terra, Level 54 Jolteon

All the pokemon used in this challenge have earned retirement and EV training in a gen 4 game.

Chapter 1: The Great Gonzalez

Chapter 2: Strange Books and Stranger Boxes

Chapter 3: New Companions and Old Rivalries

Chapter 4: The First Gym

This was actually meant to be a shorter chapter, but I'm a little dazed on painkillers from a recent doctor visit, and let myself get carried away writing again. Rejoice though, as I've finally caught up to where I am on my run, so these updates will be a lot less frequent, or at least maybe a little shorter.

Anyway, here's the next installment of Pokemon Fire Red: TL;DR Edition.

Chapter 5: In the Mountains...

Half a day passes before I make it within sight of Mt. Moon's entrance. It appears carrying around a badge also puts up a nice target on my chest, inviting every trainer that sees me to challenge me to a battle. None of the trainers gave me any real difficulty though, compared to that monster Onix Brock had, so I guess their pokemon served as decent fodder to give some of my other pokemon more battle experience. I had been neglecting Monty Jack and Wiggler as of late, especially with Wiggler being in that annoying kakuna form. After one of my battles against a trainer, however, he evolved into this cool looking bee thing. Oh yeah, I also caught a weird little horned thing called a Nidoran. I gave him the name Alf.

There's a pokemon center next to the cave entrance, which makes me wonder how dangerous Mt. Moon could be. I stop long enough at the center to let my pokemon rest, once again puzzled that the clerk here looks exactly the same as the two other I've run into. Weird. Once my pokemon are ready, I walk in to the cave, but I only make it a few steps before one of the rocks grabs my leg.

"Holy shit!" I scream as I try kicking it off of me, first realizing that it was a geodude, and second feeling relieved that no one heard me screaming about it. I summon Chim-Chim, who gives it a swift kick, leaving it barely conscious, at which point I throw a pokeball at it and capture it. I decide to name my new rock monster Stallone, but before I can find a spot on my belt to latch the ball on to, it vanishes from my hands. What the hell?

Angrily I search around the room, wondering if I had just dazed out and dropped it, when suddenly my pokedex started beeping. I pull out the device and open it up, and an computerized voice starts talking, "Due to Pokemon League regulations, trainers are only permitted to have 6 occupied pokeballs on them at any given time. Terminals are located at all Pokemon Centers that allow trainers to swap out pokemon at their convenience." Hearing this worries me a bit, since I'm not fond of the idea that the pokeballs I carry on me are apparently controllable by these league regulation nonsense, but at least there's a nearby pokemon center. I head back out of the cave to the center outside, and head to the terminal in the back of the main lobby. A slot on the front of the machine accepts the marked trainer card that was with the pokedex Oak gave me, and the terminal's screen lists my name, with GEODUDE written beneath it. I wonder if I can change that to say my pokemon's name and not just his species, but I can worry about that later. I swap out Alf for Stallone. A rock type might come in handy, and Alf was the third poison based pokemon I came across.

I make my way through the cave, letting my pokemon take turns beating up the bats and rock monsters that get in the way. Most of the trainers I saw fumbling through the cave chose ot ignore me, so I ignored them as well, more focused on reaching the end of the cave About two or three hours into the cave, the tunnel I'm in starts to get brighter, possibly from outside. I break into almost a full sprint as I head toward what I'm hoping is the end of this stupid cave, when I slam head first into some guy wearing black. "Watch it, twerp" the guy sneers and he pushes me off of him, "what are you doing here anyway? Coming to interfere with Team Rocket's operations." At this point I notice the large red R on the front of his shirt. You figure a criminal organization wouldn't wear uniforms that shout out "Hey, I'm in Team Rocket," but whatever.

"Yeah, standing around in a cave wearing dark clothing, great operations you have here. Look, I really don't care, I'm just trying to get to Cerulean while there's still light outside. Mind getting out of my way?"

"Sorry, kid, but I can't gave you running off and telling the cops about what we're doing here" He summons a Geodude.

"I don't even know what you're doing here!" I bring out Gonzalez. Considering this guy's supposed to be part of a pretty big criminal organization, I expected him to put up a decent challenge. He did not. He geodude, as well as his stupid looking bat thing, were completely outmatched by Gonzalez. As the bat falls, however, Gonzalez begins to slow. He begins to grow in size, and the bulb opens up to reveal a closed flower. A quick look at my pokedex confirms that Gonzalez has evolved from a bulbasaur to an ivysaur. Awesome.

With his pokemon beaten, the Team Rocket loser runs off, and I get back to finding my way out of the cave. As I head to the light, I see a couple odd looking rocks in the path in front of me. Before I can get close enough to take a better look at them, a man in a white lab coat covered with dust jumps in front of my path. "No! No no no no no no! I found these, they're mine! Mine mine mine mine mine mine!" He rambles on as he pants heavily.

"Woah, dude, I don't even know what these things are. I'm just looking for my way out of this damn cave!"

"Lies! You're hear to take them aren't you?" His eyes frantically dart back and forth, "years spent, looking for proof these even exist. Now I have them, but you want to take them don't you? Take them from me, take the results of weeks and weeks and weeks of digging and digging and digging!" His face getting redder (and redder and redder) as he kept talking. He really does look like he's been in this cave for weeks. "I won't let you, won't let you take them, you can't take them!" He opens up one side of his lab coat to show a set of pokeballs hanging on the inside of it. He throws one onto the ground. A disgusting puddle of ooze shows up on the ground, then starts to rise up onto a disgusting mound of ooze as two large white eyes open up. A hole in the goo-pile opens up, "Grrrriiiiiiiimmmmerrr" the abomination gurgles as it moves towards Gonzalez.

"Oh gross, try not to make too much of a mess when you pummel this thing Gonz, I don't want any of that crap on me."

Gonzalez hesitates for a moment before finally swinging a vine at the ooze. It ends up being more solid than it looks, and wobbles about upon impact. "Ivan, Harden!" Lab coat guy shouts as the blob begins to solidify. This ends up backfiring, however, and Gonzalez continues pummeling it with its vines. Eventually the ooze hardens until it's almost like rock, but a vicious swing of Gonz's vine ends up breaking a chuck off, causing the rest of it to go back into it's ooze state and slump back down into just a puddle. "What, Ivan, areyoua-" the scientists words become incomprehensibly fast as he looks down at the goo. Quickly he throws out another pokeball, one of them revealing a larger pokeball with eyes that rolls toward Gonzalez. Gonz treats it the same way as the rat in the last gym, veering the ball off course into a large rock. The last pokemon to come out ends up being a large ball of gas with a creepy smile and a skull and cross bones on its chest. The gas it releases seems to have no effect on my ivysaur though, and Gonzalez beats him down as quickly as the the others.

"Ok ok ok ok, you can have one" Lab coat guy sighs dejectedly seeing his pokemon lying on the floor unconscious, "just please, only one."

"Uh, sure" I didn't really care about the rocks anyway, I just wanted out of this cave, but hey, if he's offering, might as well. I end up grabbing a rock that seems to have some sort of dome stuck in it, and head on out of the cave.

The bright sun nearly blinds me as I get outside of the mountain. I pause for a moment to let my eyes adjust. In front of me is a rolling plain, with small hills easing the terrain down in elevation. Buildings scatter the horizon, Cerulean City isn't much farther now. I start jogging toward the city, eager to let my pokemon rest and find some food before checking out the city's gym.

Pokemon Report!
Gonzalez - Level 16 Ivysaur
Shiz - Level 15 Pidgey
Chim-Chim - Level 12 Mankey
Stallone - Level 14 Geodude
Wiggler - Level 12 Beedrill
Monty Jack - Level 9 Rattata

Boxed:
Alf - Level 6 Nidoran M

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)