nyttyn takes Center Stage! oh and Maxim vs King Serperior too i guess.

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hey. Hey lazy ass. Wake up.
Fiivee more minnuuutess...

The Necturna would sigh before slapping her trainer awake, causing the referee to awaken with a fright.
Ack! I'm up, I'm up! Hell's bells, what was that for?
You were supposed to start refereeing the match down at the center stage a hour ago.

CRAPCRAPCRA-

King Serperior said:

<Your Corpse will smolder before me when I am through with you, Maxim!!>​

Numule (Vulcan) [Male]
Nature: Quiet (+1Sp.Atk, -15% Speed, -10% evasion)

Type:
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or bushfire areas.
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 6 per action Energy Cost to 5 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 30 (-15% Speed; -10% Evasion)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 13

Abilities:
Oblivious: (Innate)This Pokemon is incapable of being affected by Attract, Cute Charm, or Captivate.
Simple: (Innate)This Pokemon innately exaggerates the effect of stat boosts and drops to the point where they have double the effectiveness and thus double the stage modifier (e.g. Swords Dance boosts Attack by four (4) stages, Bulk Up boosts Attack and Defense by two (2) stages each). Stat boosts and drops still maximize at six (6) stages.
Own Tempo: (DW-Locked)(Innate)This Pokemon moves at its own pace and when confused, it will never harm itself in confusion. If the Pokemon also has Tangled Feet, it will raise Accuracy by one (1) Stage.

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5
MC: 0
KOC: 0

Moves:
1). Growl
2). Tackle
3). Ember
4). Magnitude
5). Focus Energy
6). Take Down
7). Flame Burst
8). Amnesia
9). Lava Plume
10). Yawn
11). Endure
12). Heat Wave
13). Protect
14). Sunny Day
15). Will-o-Wisp

Yoda (Slowpoke) [Male]
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Speed)
Type:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Oblivious: (Innate)This Pokemon is incapable of being affected by Attract, Cute Charm, or Captivate.
Own Tempo: (Innate)This Pokemon moves at its own pace and when confused, it will never harm itself in confusion. If the Pokemon also has Tangled Feet, it will raise Accuracy by one (1) Stage.
Regenerator: (DW - LOCKED)(Innate)When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and (ten) 10 HP is restored. When this Pokemon Chills, it restores six (6) HP in addition to its 12 Energy.

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 13 (-15% Speed; -10% evasion)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 14

Moves:
1). Curse
2). Yawn
3). Tackle
4). Growl
5). Water Gun
6). Confusion
7). Disable
8). Headbutt
9). Amnesia
10). Safeguard
11). Me First
12). Block
13). Ice Beam
14). Psyshock
15). Scald

Rachel (Teddiursa) [Female]
Jolly (-Sp.Atk, +15% Speed, +5%acc)

Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Pickup: (Innate)This Pokemon has a natural habit of collecting items. Whenever a hold item (its own or an opponents) is used or knocked onto the ground with a move like Knock Off, this Pokemon will immediately pick up that item without using an action. It can also grab dropped or naturally occurring hold items in arenas.
Quick Feet: (Innate)This Pokemon feels a sense of anxiety when afflicted with a status condition and its speed increases by 50% (x1.5). Although it can still be fully paralyzed, it will not suffer the Speed drop.
Honey Gather: (DW-Locked)(Innate)This Pokemon emits a scent of sweet honey that lowers all foes' Evasion by one (1) Stage.

SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 46 (+15% speed, +5%acc)
Weight Class: 1

EC: 1/6
DC: 1/5
MC: 2

Moves:
1). Covet
2). Scratch
3). Leer
4). Lick
5). Fake Tears
6). Fury Swipes
7). Faint Attack
8). Close Combat
9). Cross Chop
10). Night Slash
11). Earthquake
12). Rock Slide
13). Protect
VS!
Maxim said:

Jenga [Dratini] (F)
Nature: Quiet (+Sp Atk, -Spe)

Type: Dragon

Dragon: Dragon STAB; more in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Thrash without losing focus.

Abilities:

Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.

Marvel Scale (DW LOCKED): (Innate) This Pokemon’s coat shimmers when afflicted with a status condition, reducing the Base Attack Power of incoming physical attacks by two (2).

Stats: (Quiet Nature)

SpA: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 43 (-) (-10 EVA)

EC: 1/9
DC: 1/5

Moves:

Wrap
Leer
Thunder Wave
Twister
Dragon Rage
Slam
Agility
Safeguard
Dragon Dance
Dragon Rush
Hyper Beam
Dragon Tail
Aqua Tail
Outrage

ExtremeSpeed
Aqua Jet
Dragon Pulse

Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Flamethrower
Hidden Power (Grass 7)
Protect

Total Moves: 22

Solosis [Cosmo] (M)
Nature: Brave (+1 Atk, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)

Type:
Psychic:
Less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Overcoat:
(Innate) This Pokemon has a sturdy exterior that rebuffs the elements, making it immune to damage inflicted by bad weather. If the Pokemon is already immune to at least one (1) kind of weather by typing or a different ability, Overcoat reduces the Base Attack Power of all oncoming attacks by one (1).
Magic Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Spikes, Stealth Rock, Hail, Sandstorm, Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not take any damage from it. Additionally, the energy protects the Pokemon from its own reckless recoil attacks. Toxic still increases in damage each round, although if Magic Guard is in effect the Pokemon will not suffer any damage. Life Orb recoil is not negated.
Regenerator (DW): (Innate) When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and (ten) 10 HP is restored. When this Pokemon Chills, it restores six (6) HP in addition to its 12 Energy.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 4
Spe: 17 (20/1.15)

EC: 2/9
DC: 2/5

Attacks (18):
Psywave
Reflect
Rollout
Snatch
Hidden Power Ground 7
Light Screen
Charm
Recover
Psyshock
Psychic
Pain Split

Acid Armor
Confuse Ray
Trick

Signal Beam

Protect
Thunder
Shadow Ball

Tirtouga [Sentinel] (M)
Nature: Sassy (+1 SpD, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)

Type:
Water:
Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Rock:
Rock STAB; reduced damage from all special attacks by two (2) Base Attack Power during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Abilities:
Sturdy:
(Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.
Solid Rock: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is extremely solid and durable, and the Base Attack Power of incoming super-effective attacks is reduced by two (2).
Swift Swim (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast in slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its Speed in the rain.

Stats:

Def: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 19 (22/1.15)
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

Attacks:
Bide
Withdraw
Water Gun
Rollout
Bite
Protect
Aqua Jet
Ancientpower
Crunch
Wide Guard

Iron Defense
Knock Off
Rock Throw

Earthquake
Stone Edge
Rain Dance

Thanks for reffing!
3v3
Singles
LC
All abilities
All Items
2 Subs
2 Recovers
5 Chills
2 day DQ
Switch=KO
Arena said:
Description: This arena is a reasonably popular arena where crowds gather to see a different type of battle. You see, they don't want to see any standard issue stuff like at the ASB Arena, they want battles with flair, creative moves, and intensely close calls. As such, in this arena roleplaying actions are more likely to work. Additionally, the ref can modify the arena as he desires (within reason, no teleporting to another dimension) to either cause pain to the competitors or open up new roleplaying opportunities. For instance, he could have a tent appear over the competitors thus allowing them to use the poles to smack each other or even bring the tent down and muck everything up.

As for the arena itself, it's a fairly simple battlefield. The competitors are on the top of a platform about 50 ft in the air, surrounding a simple moat (though the ref can modify this as he so chooses). This platform is a square measuring about 50 yards on each side. The floor is white, although some grass covers the arena allowing Energy Ball and similar moves to work at full effectiveness. The arena is contained within a cavernous area, but the sun shines through the ceiling giving ample light. All moves are allowed.

Summary:
Roleplaying actions are easier to pull off
Referee can modify the arena within reason
All moves are allowed
The referee would quickly dash out into the center of a lonely stage, bowing to both sides to the impatient jeers of the crowd. He would doff his hat and bow, offering them a smile as his Necturna assistant floats out beside him, sighing, her arms raised in defensive position to shield him from errant blows.

So good news! Those pokeabuse charges finally got dropped, and I got my ref's license back! I mean come on, as if I'd do something that revolting and morally bankrupt! Sure, the judge may have mysteriously vanished...
Urrp.
But still, innocence is innocence! So welcome battlers! Welcome to the Center Stage! I've got a few surprises in store for you...I'm sure you'll love them! First off...I figure you might like a little care package!

The referee would snap his fingers, causing a large crate to drop from the ceiling near the center of the arena, audibly slamming into the ground, kicking up a small cloud of dust.

There's something nice in here...but it'll only go to the first person to break the box! It's pretty thick, might take you more then one hit to break...or it might only take one! Do you want to risk it? I sure would love to see what's inside of it, but that's just me! Now battlers, send out your pokemon, and call your first orders!

"Greetings King Serperior, it's time for the moment we've all been waiting for. Let's not keep our fans waiting! Come on out Jenga!"

@Dragon Fang

Visser Three walks slowly up to the stage, his stalk eyes moving, looking around for threats and escape routes should things not go his way. Upon seeing his opponent, Maxim, the Visser's stalk eyes instantly swerve forwards, staring at him with all four eyes.

<And who might you be? Are you the one I have come to slaughter? If so, let me summon my warriors!>​

The Visser gestures and three of the worst creatures in the galaxy move forwards from behind. As far as the Visser knew, they were all Controllers. However, little did he know that one of the "Andalite Bandits" that has plagued him so is actually in morph at this very moment......

<You are about to face your death after this battle is over. You will regret ever challenging me!!>​

Sloghith-876; Vulcan to others of the Numule Species
Yeerk
Numule Controller
Loyalist to Visser Three
Has slaughtered many Andalites in Ground Battles across the Galaxy
"I will burn all foes that stand in my way!!"

Sub-Visser 56; Yoda to others of the Slowpoke species
Yeerk
Slowpoke Controller
Loyalist to Visser Three
Helped conquer the Hork-Bajir Homeworld
"I shall slaughter these weaklings in the name of the Yeerk Empire!!"

Rachel; Known to the Yeerks as Quigor-1298
Human
Teddiursa Morph
Animorph; mortal enemy of Visser Three
Defender of Earth
"Umm....I will be victorious?"
<Just you wait, Visser, my friends will kill you when you least expect it....>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

<Sub-Visser 56!! You will be first in this battle. Take whatever weapon you need. I want to hear them scream for mercy as you kill them!!>​

"They will die in mere minutes."

Yoda proceded to pick up the Exp.Share.

"I require more power!"

(You seem awfully eager to DQ me KS :P)

"All right, let's see what we can do against...who the blazes is this guy exactly? Ah whatever, let's begin.

Jenga, I want you to try and break that box with an extremespeed, should you fail to break it open, hit it with enough force to send it flying into that Slowpoke. After that, go on the offensive with a nice Thunderbolt followed by a swift Dragon Pulse! Be sure to look out for Slowpoke's tricks though."

Extremespeed (Break Open Box/Send it flying into Slowpoke)~Thunderbolt~Hidden Power
If Yawn then Safeguard and push actions back, but only do so once.

<That creature is fast, yes, but it cannot handle your power!>​

"I know, my Visser. I will kill it for your name."

Yoda looked over the situation carefully. The Dratini was Extremely Speedy. It could launch powerful electrical attacks and a deadly greenis energy. However....the Dratini seemed very focused on what was in that strange box. If it wanted that thing so badly, it would be best to take it for himself......

The Dratini seemed to be prepping itself to throw itself at high speed into the box as if it were to break it open with sheer velocity alone, or,if that fails, send the box into him. However, the Dratini must have forgotten that the Slowpoke species uses telekinetic power to defeat their foes.

"I think I will use Psychic to pull the box towards me should the box fail to break open. I can use it as a shield if that's the case. However, should the box break open, the Dratini should be stunned from hitting that box head-on, so that will be my chance to take whatever was in there for myself. The only problem with that plan would be if that Dratini's attack does not open the box and instead sends it flying at me. In that case, I can use my telekinetic abilities to stop the box before it hits me and I can still use it as a shield. Now, I can use a Yawn attack to force it on the defensive for a moment. That would give me enough time to launch a sub-zero attack......"

Psychic (if the box breaks, take the item(s) inside while Dratini is stunned from the impact) ~ Yawn (launch as many Yawn Bubbles as you can until they've surrounded, but NOT hit the Dratini; This should leave a minefield that'll restrict the Dratini's future movements) ~ Ice Beam

Sub1: if the intact box is sent flying at you by the impact, use Psychic to slow it down to a stop in front of you, creating a shield.
Sub2: if Dratini's attack fails to break open the box and it is not sent flying towards you, use Psychic to pull the box to you in order to make a shield for yourself

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...

EN: 100

VS

HP: 100
EN: 100

Dratini used Extremespeed on Box!
-6 EN

The box shattered under the impact of its thick cranium!

Slowpoke stole the item with Psychic!
-4 EN
Slowpoke gained steroids!
Slowpoke gained +3 Atk! Slowpoke gained +3 SpAtk!
Hit: 4416 (Yes)
Slowpoke also smacked itself in the face with box shards...
-4 HP

Dratini used Thunderbolt!
-7 EN
Crit: no 4291
Effect: yes 124
Damage: (10 + (1.5 * 3) - (1.5 * 2)) * 1.5 = 17.25
Slowpoke was 15% Paralyzed! It may not move!

Paralysis check: 661
Slowpoke used nothing, because it was paralyzed!
Slowpoke's paralysis became 10%!

Dratini used Hidden Power Grass 7!
-5 EN
Crit: no 3843
Damage: (7 + (1.5 * 3) - (1.5 * 2)) * 1.5 = 12.75

Paralysis check: 1137
Slowpoke used Ice Beam!
-7 EN
Crit: no 5056
Effect: yes 239
Freeze: Light (2826)
Damage: (10 + (1.5 * 2) - (1.5 * 2)) * 1.5 + (3 * 1.75) = 20.25

Dratini was frozen!

HP: 70
EN: 82
VS

HP: 66
EN: 89
Paralyzed (5%)

"Woah crikey! It looks like both combatants are after the box straight out of the gate, the Dratini smashing itself face-first into the box at Mach speeds to break it open! However, the Slowpoke swoops in with a quick telekenetic psychic force to scoop up the steroids I hid within it, gobbling them down, unfortunately smacking itself in the face with sharp box shards in its haste!

That initial salvo out of the way by both contestants, the Dratini stares at the Slowpoke, enraged its precious crack coca-wait those were steroids. Or did I mix the acid in with the steroids...? Regardless, the dragon-type pokemon spits out a viscious thunderbolt straight at the slowpoke, the crackling jolt of electricity shocking the slow pokemon to its core! So shocked, in fact, it can't move! How horrifying!

Taking advantage of its opponent's momentary weakness, the Dratini scoops up some leaves and stabs the slowpoke with them repeatedly in the face...unfortunately it didn't quite get out of there in time for the Slowpoke to snap back to its senses, breathing a huge beam of ice straight into the Dratini's face, freezing the poor thing solid!

It's anyone's match at this point, with both of our contestants feeling very...special. But that's no fun, now is it? So for this next round..."

Suddenly, the Necturna scoops up her trainer, floating up up and away on a Air Balloon!

"I don't get paid enough for this."
Suddenly, the Arena creeks and lurches as the iron rods lifting it up begin to snap...before the entire thing begins to fall into the pit below, much to the gasping surprise of the audience!

"So yeah, the Arena and both pokemon are in free fall now! Have fun with that, try not to hit the ground too hard! Perhaps use your opponent as a landing pillow, or try to land off some opportunistic attacks if they try to cling onto the arena! Or perhaps something else entirely!, like going for that Air Balloon I buried near the grass! Your call!

i can showw you the worrlld"

"Finish that song and I swear I will drop you."

<That filthy creature is covered by an icy veil!! Use it to your advantage, you fool!!>

"Y...Y...yes, my Visser!!"

Yoda looked carefully as the supports started to collaspe. It took a couple of seconds, but as the frozen body of the Dratini rolled down the slanted surface, an idea had formed. Luckily for him, Yoda found out his strategy just as he fell too.

"Okay, using a second Ice Beam should cause a reaction that will not only send me upwards towards that balloon, but also force the Dratini down at a much faster pace. The frozen beam should also make it somewhat harder to break free, possibly requiring more energy output than it should be using. Once I reach the edge of the platform again, I can quickly disable the Thunderbolt. Finally, while the Dratini is way below me, I can crawl up to the Balloon, grab it, and float gently downwards.

Ice Beam (Blast the frozen Dratini's body downwards using Newton's Third Law of motion to send Slowpoke up to the Platform and Dratini further downwards at increased speed. The frozen beam should partially freeze some of the melting ice, making it more difficult to get out that it would normally be) ~ Disable: Thunderbolt ~ Runs to the Air Balloon and grabs it so it can float downwards.

"Ugh, this is bad. Okay, here's my plan. Jenga, try to thaw yourself out of that deep freeze by using a Flamethrower. If you can't thaw out, at least it will counteract the Ice Beam's further freezing. After that, you should be completely thawed, so just use an Ice Beam on the ground to propel yourself up towards the air balloon. Finally, for our coup de grace, use a Dragon Tail on that Balloon, popping it and sending Slowpoke down under."

Flamethrower (Melt ice and/or counteract the further freezing from Ice Beam)~Ice Beam (Propel yourself upwards)~Dragon Tail (Send the Air Balloon, and anyone on it, plummeting).

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
I TAKE FULL RESPONSABILITY FOR BEING SO LATE IN REFFING

HP: 70
EN: 82
VS

HP: 66
EN: 89
Paralyzed (5%)

I'm just going to gloss over Dratini using flamethrower because A. There was only one action of freeze left and B. It wouldn't work during a freeze anyway. Dratini doesn't know any moves that can actually be used during freeze regardless.

REF FIAT WHOOP WHOOP

Slowpoke used Ice Beam!
-7 EN
Crit: no 2994
Effect: no 8094
Paralyzed: 7065 no
Damage: (10 + (1.5 * 2) - (1.5 * 2)) * 1.5 + (2 * 1.75) = 18.5

Slide chance (75%): 4562 Yes

Dratini slide down the Platform!

Dratini thawed out!

Dratini used Ice Beam on the ground!
-7 EN
Dratini flew up high!

Paralyze: 8745 No
Slowpoke used Disable!
-7 EN
Thunderbolt was Disabled!

Dratini popped the Air Balloon with Dragon Tail!
-4 EN

Slowpoke had nothing to grab on to...

The platform crashes to the ground!

Slowpoke suffered 20 damage!
Dratini suffered 21 damage!

HP: 30.5
EN: 71

VS

HP: 46
EN: 75

"Oh man, that poor Dratini's just sliding down the platform now, that Slowpoke's ice beam just sending it tumbling...Wait, what's this? It's dethawing and using the same idea as the Dratini, soaring into the Air with a Ice Beam! Sure, that leaves it an open target for the Disable, but...Welp, looks like we've got a real badass over here! He popped the balloon with his tail! How about that eh?"

ONE EXTREMELY DRAMATIC PLATFORM CRASH LATER

"Man, that looked like it hurt! You two still okay? Well, looks like you've got plenty of stage-debris to play around with! Oh, and is that growling I hear? Oh, it's probably nothing. Although we haven't cleared out the catacombs below the stage in so long...

Well, you two have fun now!"

"Time to stop beating around the bush! Kill that Andalian scum!"

"Uh, I'm pretty sure you mean the Yeerks..."

"Ah whatever, just stop that Slowpoke."

OUTRAGE~OUTRAGE~OUTRAGE
If Disable is used at any point this round, then change actions to Dragon Rush~Dragon Tail~Dragon Pulse.

<You're trying my patience, HUMAN!! DIE!!>

"Visser, I shall do as you command and kill this creature."

Frost Cannon (Ice Beam + Ice Beam combo) [Excess sub-zero energy should freeze parts of the ground on Maxim's side of the field] ~ Cooldown (Psyshock) ~ Yawn

Inside Sub-Visser 56's mind......

"This extremely cold blast of ice should be more than enough to Kill (read KO) the Dratini. As such, the extra sub-zero energies should freeze patches of ground along Maxim's side of the field, making it more difficult to navigate later in the battle.

Ok, so we've both agreed to ditch this match. It's just taking far too long and I need the battle slots to get to my goal of 134 CC. Sorry KS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)