Oblivion~

OBLIVION

Introduction: Hey guys~I have been playing in the ubers tiers for quite some time now and I found Genesect to be one cool Pokemon.So,I have decided to try out genesect for myself and I am quite satisfied with the team that i am putting forward in this RMT.But since this team can obviously be improved, I want to know all of your suggestions.I peaked 23 with this team in PO but thats meaningless since the tier was reset recently.I defeated the dude (ZoroDark) who peaked #1 (4-0) with this team,so that's an achievement I guess :D

Teambuilding process:
Genesect was my first pick because its awesome at keeping momentum and kills certain key threats (I'll mention them later).Moreover, its the main player of my team :3

Next i decided to include an Extremekiller counter as well as hazard setter to help Genesect wear down its counters.So i chose skarmory.

Seeing that my team was becoming more that mildly weak to fire attacks I decided to add kyogre because of the rain in summons and the synergy it has with skarmory (-electric attacks) :D

Every good team requires a kyogre check,so i decided to add Latias to my team.Moreover,it can easily tank water and fire attacks aimed at Skarmory and Genesect

A ubers team will be incomplete without a spinblocker,so i decided to add Arceus-Ghost.

I realised that I needed another late game cleaner + spinner,so i added Kabutops.

While Kabutops was a good cleaner and spinner,its too weather reliant and my team was a bit weather weak.Plus its very tough to spin in ubers due to the omnipresence of Ghostceus and Giratina (O/A).So i decided to replace Kabutops with RP Groudon.It also solves my ferrothorn problem a bit (unless the player predicts the switch and uses power whip)

So finally the team stands at:

The Team:
Gary (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SAtk / 224 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

Its the standard physically offensive Scarfsect.It's an incredible scouter(my lead) and its rightfully dubbed the Terminator.I run 224 speed evs because there's no point in speed tieing with opposing genesects as I can do nothing to them essentially.So I decided to pump up its Special Attack stat a bit.U-turn is the most spammable move and allows me to have a favourable match-up against the opponent while dealing solid damage.It hits and revenge kills Latias,Latios,Darkrai,Deoxys(all variants),Mewtwo and weakened random pokemon.Explosion is a last ditch move used to deter/kill things like boosted calm mind arceus and ogre when there's nothing else that I can do.Iron Head is a nice STAB move that deals decent damage while picking off weakened Ghostceus,Arceus-Rock,Kyurem-W etc.Ice Beam revenge kills stuff like Rayquaza,Salamence,Groudon,Landorus,Gliscor and other Dragons.Its ironic that i sometimes have to let the star player of my team go KABOOM xD

Sky (Skarmory) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Its my physically defensive wall and outrage absorber.It also easily walls ExtremeKiller and sets up all hazards in its face.I chose Spikes over Taunt because I like extra hazards and can easily get a layer or two against choice locked dragons spamming outrage and Ekiller.It also walls Groudon and Giratina-0 lacking Thunder in the rain.Roost is for reliable recovery and Whirlwind is for phazing setup sweepers.Plus it can phaze noobs all day long :)

Kyo (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Roar

Its my specially defensive wall and sleep absorber.It checks alot of things like Darkrai,Groudon,CM Arceus-Ghost (gets burnt/phazed out).I usually use Kyogre to burn Lugia to negate its multiscale ability.Plus,it uses roar to rack up hazard damage while phazing setup sweepers.Scald is a pretty nifty move that burns opposing pokemon.Rest and Sleep Talk help in keeping kyogre healthy throughout the match :D

Lisa (Latias) (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 164 HP / 152 SAtk / 192 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Grass Knot
- Roost
- Surf

Its my water-spout absorber.(specs crit water spout ohkos after sr.meh) .I used to have the defensive cm set but it /ALWAYS/ gets haxed and that pisses me off.So i decided to use an all out offensive set.Draco Meteor maims all dragons and deals solid damage to anyone who doesnt resist it.Even Genesect takes like 65% damage from Draco Meteor lol.Grass Knot deals with Kyogre and Groudon,while Surf (in the rain) provides neutral coverage and kills Skarmory as well as Genesect and Darkrai that directly switch in.Its walled by Ferrothorn though.Roost is for reliable recovery.The EV spread is standard,192 spd evs allow it to outspeed Garchomp and kill it,while 164hp evs allow it to not be 2hkoed by scarfogre's ice beam after stealth rocks.

Grey (Groudon) @ Life Orb
Trait: Drought
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Overheat

Its my late game sweeper plus electric move absorber.It can easily force out ferrothorn,zekrom,terrakion and other physical attackers and setup on them.With the given ev spread it outspeeds scarfterrrakion after a RP.Earthquake is the main spammable move and kills alot of pokes after hazard damage.I chose Stone Edge to kill Ho-oh which is quite a problematic pokemon.Moreover,it has great neutral coverage with Eathquake,forming the famed QuakeEdge combo_Overheat trolls Skarmory,Forretress and Ferrothorn.I usually bring it in on obvious electric attacks aimed at Kyogre and Skarmory and then proceed to sweep.

Arion (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Recover

This pokemon is amazing.It can setup on all kinds of stuff and easily get to +2/+2 and then sweep.It also doubles as a great spinblocker and ensures hazards on the opponents side.Ho-oh walls it,but gets 2hkoed by Judgement after SR.Judgement is an incredible move that kills mewtwo,Deoxys(well,anything kills the offensive forms) and Giratina.It also can defeat Ferro with Focus Blast,which has perfect coverage with Judgement.Recover helps it to setup against special attackers.This Pokemon has changed the tide in my favour many times :D

Replays:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-47176505
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-47181375

Conclusion: Well,there you have it.My First Ubers RMT.I would highly appreciate all suggestions.My team can somewhat struggle against Ferrothorn and Ho-oh (if SR isn't up).Moreover,spikes can wear down my team,but I never found them to be particularly annoying.Mewtwo and Palkia are troublesome,but thats a universal problem :p Please let me know if I missed any big threat and help me improve this team.Thanks :)

(cant find the back sprite of ghostceus.having probs uploading its pics.sorry :p )

Threatlist:
S Rank
  • checked by kyogre.defeated by genesect if weakened.Can be dealt with by my Ghostceys (speed ties -_- )
  • checked by my latias.U-Turn deals hefty damage to it too :3

A Rank
High
  • walled by my skarmory.Can be killed by my ghostceus.Genesect can explode/uturn too.
  • usually switch to kyogre to tank the attacks and burn/phaze it.Latias/Ghostceus can kill it too
  • since most of them are scarfed and spam u-turn,i usually switch to skarmory to tank the u-turn.Can be troublesome if it carries thunder,but then it becomes rp groudon bait.

• killed by Ghostceus and Latias.It takes alot of damage from Ice Beam too since it has no lefties.
  • walled by skarmory,forced out by genesect/kyogre/latias(unless it wants to tank a grass knot :3 )
  • genesect.ghostceus.enough said.
Mid
  • Checked by Ghostceus,Latias and Kyogre.Can explode on it too :D
  • Genesect kills it.Walled by Kyogre.
    It gets up 2 layers of hazards and gets killed.

• Killed by groudon and ghostceus.
  • killed by groudon,kyogre,latias,ghostceus.
  • i need stealth rocks else im in troublesome.scald+skarmory (in rain)+ latias+groudon should deal with it.
  • genesect + ghostceus.
  • Meh,its uncounterable.revenged by genesect~
  • Can be tricky,but not that much of a threat.Can be dealt with,depending on its set.
    Revenged by Latias and Genesect.Set up bait for skarm if it locks itself into outrage :3
  • Kyogre + Latias+ Ghostceus+Groudon can handle it.
Low
  • Genesect can go kaboom/uturn.Skarmory can wall it if it lacks ice beam.Latias can damage it but...a threat imho.
  • Checked by Latias and Groudon and Genesect and Kyogre
  • Checked by Groudon and Kyogre.
    Checked by Kyogre.Revenged by Genesect.LeadScarfrais are troublesome.
  • Skarmory.Cant spin against Ghostceus.Groudon forces it out too o_O
    Meh.I hope you like tanking a Draco Meteor/Judgement :3

• Genesect+Ghostceus (provided Focus Blast hits) + Skarmory + Kyogre.

B Rank
High
  • Iron Head+Kyogre keep it at bay.
  • Walled by Skarmory and kyogre.
  • Walled by kyogre and Ghostceus.
  • Walled by Kyogre and Ghostceus.Takes hefty damamge from uturn.
  • Walled by groudon and skarmory.
  • Checked by kyogre and Latias and revenged by genesect.
    Revenged by genesect.Checkde by kyogre and latias.
  • Walled by skarmory.Depends on how many times it flinches my pokes if scarfed.if it isnt scarfed,genesect kills it.
  • Ghostceus+Groudon+Skarmory
  • Groudon walls it and Skarmory can tank outrage.
Mid
  • Latias checks it
  • Aint getting past kyogre and ghostceus(hjk miss)
  • Kyogre and skarmory and latias.
  • walled by kyogre if special,skarmory if physical.
  • Groudon forces it out and can setup an rp and sweep.hate toxic spikes though.
Low
  • genesect checks it.Kyogre can phaze it.
  • If physical,skarmory walls else kyogre checks it.(genesect revenges)
    Genesect + Groudon should be enough.
  • Aint getting past kyogre or skarmory
  • Genesect+Ghostceus.
  • Gets up one layer of spikes unless cursed body screws me.(in which case it gets up 2 layers as i switch to ghostceus)
    Skarmory.
  • I think kyogre can wall it.
    Show Hide

• Skarmory.Genesect can revenge it.

• Overheat+Scald+Surf kills it.
  • Quite rare imho.Genesect revenges.Kyogre walls.

C Rank
High
  • Groudon kills it.Genesect can go kaboom.
  • Same as chansey
    screw you lugiass.Kyogre walls it and can burn it.
  • Depends on how much swagger shits me.Kyogre can get screwed if its taunted while asleep.It cant take a draco meteor :3
    Skarmory walls it.
  • Same as its therian forme
  • Groudon can switch into thunderwave,force it out and sweep.Grass Knot sucks though.
  • Can be troublesome.Latias kills it.
  • You wanna tank a uturn? :3
Mid
  • Never fought it o_O Idk.Special varaints are checked by kyogre
  • Groudon forces it out
    Genesect and Ghostceus
  • Wanna tank a uturn? Rain makes moonlight useless.
    Skarmory walls.Genesect and Latias revenge it
  • Genesect revenges.Physical sets are stopped cold by skarmory.
  • Depends on its set :3 I dont think it likes uturn :D
  • Meh.Groudon bait
    Skarmory+iron head+scald
    Kyogre shits on it
  • lol ice beam.Its weak.
Low
  • Groudon and Kyogre force it out.
    Stealth rocks + kYogre should be enough (thunder hurts~)
  • Skarmory.

• grass knot +uturn
    phaze your ass.
  • burn baby.skarmory walls and phazes it out.
  • lol walled by ghostceus and skarmory
    checked by kyogre.revenged by latias and genesect.
  • genesect revenges.groudon's drought turns dry skin against it lol
  • cant sponge a draco meteor.uturn deals alot of damage too.
  • meh if its raining,it can be troublesome.Groudon forces it out.
  • Uturn to kyogre to take the sleep and then phaze with skarmory.
  • Latias checks it

D Rank
High
  • meh.genesect rapes it.ghostceus too.
  • cant take repeated hits.not a threat.
    genesect.
Mid
  • Skarmory walls it in the rain.
  • lol
  • depends on what it transforms into.
  • skamory bait XD
  • need to take away the sunlight.
  • stupid shit.
Low
  • skarmory walls/phazes it.
E Rank
  • this thing 6-0s my entire team.not.

• sr+overheat+judgement.

Importable:
Gary (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SAtk / 224 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

Sky (Skarmory) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Kyo (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Roar

Lisa (Latias) (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 164 HP / 152 SAtk / 192 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Grass Knot
- Roost
- Surf

Grey (Groudon) @ Life Orb
Trait: Drought
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Overheat

Arion (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Last edited:
You're so weak to Ho-Oh, the only pokemon who can take it down is Groudon, who doesn't like switching in directly. Plus, if Ho-Oh is behind a sub, it will require a sac everytime.
Opposing Rock Polish Groudon is very troublesome, as only Arceus and Groudon can avoid the OHKO after stealth rock.
It would be wise to have something that can get rid or prevent entry hazards, as Genesect hates them.
You have a team with great synergy, but the Ho-Oh weakness is huge.
IMO physically defensive Kyogre > specially defensive, as Genesect checks Darkrai well, and you don't have that much trouble against the like of Dialga or Kyurem-W. You can easily revenge kill them.

True.I might make that change.although skarmory can wall ho-oh in the rain (adamant 176 atk deals ~30% w/sacred fire) and phaze it.But it's a problem.stealth rock +surf +scald+explosion + stone edge usually allows me to get past it :-/

RP Groudon gets walled by skarmory in the rain.

thanx for the rate :3

I actually like specially defensive Kyogre here, helps deal with a lot of threats like CM Arceus and gives you something to absorb sleep from Darkrai. This team is very weak to Palkia, and dislikes Latios and Ho-Oh as well as nothing can safely switch in on them. You could try Grass Arceus with Stone Edge to lure and kill Ho-Oh while checking Palkia and a lesser extent Latios. By doing so, you'd be surrendering a terrific spinblocker in CM Ghostceus but your team would be difficult to break down. It's up to you.

Overheat is a really cool move on Groudon, lures and kills Skarm and Forry as you mentioned. Very creative team and great work!

thanx.without ghostceus there's no point keeping spikes on skarmory.and he won me many matches so ill be hard pressed to replace him.ho-oh and palkia are indeed threats but I usually get past them :/ kyogre has the bulk to take 2 non specs thunder.I usually manage to defeat palkia with latias.and scarfed palkia spamming thunder is setup bait for Groudon.guess I can't cover all threats lol.ghostceus defeats ekiller if it's the last poke on the opponents team.ghostceus can check Latios imho and genesect can revenge it.what's a good switchin to Latios btw? :p

Last edited:
Ok, so as I have said Ho-oh and Palkia can wreck this team. To a lesser extent, Ferrothorn is annoying as there's nothing in this team which can beat it outright, barring Groudon and Arceus-Ghost. The Deoxys formes are also annoying as Spikes SERIOUSLY hurts this team's survivability. For Deoxys, I guess using Giratina-O would have helped, but I like the Arceus-Ghost (you know how awesome it is).

You also have no safe switch in versus Banded or Mixed Zekrom. Latias is OHKOd by Outrage, Groudon is cleanly 2HKOd by Band Outrage or OHKOd by LO Draco Meteor, Kyogre is killed by anything, Skarmory and Genesect both die to Electric attacks. Unfortunately there is not much you can do except predict correctly or revenge kill it with Genesect.

Anyway, great team!

if zekrom locks itself into outrage,skarmory can setup hazards on it.Usually get past it with careful prediction.~

great team. I do notice a slight weakness to shell smash life orb cloyster however as it can sweep your team once weakened :/ also when I used the team, I got 'swept' by a riolu once since you have no priority but i doubt that counts as a threat >.> You could put some EVs in def for kyogre.

Best of Luck :)

thanx.without ghostceus there's no point keeping spikes on skarmory.and he won me many matches so ill be hard pressed to replace him.ho-oh and palkia are indeed threats but I usually get past them :/ kyogre has the bulk to take 2 non specs thunder.I usually manage to defeat palkia with latias.and scarfed palkia spamming thunder is setup bait for Groudon.guess I can't cover all threats lol.ghostceus defeats ekiller if it's the last poke on the opponents team.ghostceus can check Latios imho and genesect revenge it.what's a good switchin to Latios btw? :p
Jirachi in any weather and Heatran outride of rain. But yeah, Latios is hard to switch into, a lot of offensive teams are susceptible to it. 252 HP Ghostceus isn't an ideal switchin if it has taken prior damage but it isn't terrible either.

Grassceus can check Palkia and Latios while luring Ho-Oh, but you are right in that it would make Skarm's spikes easy to spin away. Your team is strong as is; I suppose there isn't much of a need to change it :D.

@keldeo...yeah I guess I might put some def evs to avoid the ohko from adamant +2 life orb rock blast after Sr o_O

@sweep...haha thanx :) I noticed while laddering that a dude was using the same team (-Groudon,+def dialga) .that makes the team Chaney weak imho due to lack of physical attackers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)