NOC OC NOC GAME OVER - Now Despair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, been way too busy to keep up with this game properly

Yeah I targeted MoodyCloud last night because I was still very very suspicious of him after his targeting of Texas a couple nights back and narrow escapes from several lynches. He was targeting Fort, which makes me less suspicious because Fort has been acting reasonably suspiciously himself and is a very reasonable target from a town standpoint.
Are we looking at two different towns here? I thought I was fairly clean at the end of yesterday.
Additionally, if LW flips town I'm home free. Until Texas lynches me on lylo, but lol that.

Are we looking at two different towns here? I thought I was fairly clean at the end of yesterday.
Additionally, if LW flips town I'm home free. Until Texas lynches me on lylo, but lol that.
That may have been the case yesterday but your decision of protecting the scum killing veteran instead of lightwolf is questionable and while you aren't the highest on the list you aren't conftown no matter what alignment lightwolf flips as far as I'm concerned.
Also please don't target a fucking veteran again

Unless this game was truly bizarre and had many scum factions (Unlikely as at maximum there's probably pancake + mafia + a potential walrein/martin faction) then yeah, I don't see any possible reason as to why there's be a scum faction cop.

So Vote blankslate

That said, it still doesn't solve why he'd claimed he'd been redirected as I don't see how anyone would benefit from that (unless there was some trickery going on)

That may have been the case yesterday but your decision of protecting the scum killing veteran instead of lightwolf is questionable and while you aren't the highest on the list you aren't conftown no matter what alignment lightwolf flips as far as I'm concerned.
Also please don't target a fucking veteran again
You don't need to see me as conftown or even town (I have been pushing hard against you), but my point there wasn't about me. It was about this:
smashylloyd said:
He was targeting Fort, which makes me less suspicious

reminder how cool it is to lynch a mafia hooker so that they are forced to kill the omniguard.

Also yeah the problem with the plan is Fort being hooked actually, but we have no idea if mafia has other ways of piercing it. I do declare that former better be getting their kill primed off one of their suspects. Pick someone I revealed or pick someone you suspect, leave the mafia guessing, and get your shot primed if you for real.

Sadly we will have no idea if we lynch the hooker, but anyone who thinks their role would accomplish little or is a Vet claim, please idle your pants off. And Fort keep up the good work on me please.
A lot of things did not go as planned.

Not my usual style but I feel this suits it better if I intend to link posts. I'm only addressing day 1 for now, since day 2 is still in it's infancy(hopefully)

Texas Cloverleaf

#169 Sure he had couple of meaningful posts before this one, but nothing that I can gain anything from, his play up to this point has been very unnoteworthy. This post to me is the epitome of all the contributing just enough to seem active but staying under the radar.
#181 One of them has to be scum, there is way too much hypocrisy on both sides with the qualms they have on each other.
#190 Can't fault him for starting the Cancerous lynch here. Main reason cancerous was left out of my willing to lynch post was that I had BT on it and BT and Cancerous don't both work. Especially in this retrospective Cancerous' posts had me constantly want to make posts on them and Texas' gripes were valid. I do believe the lynch got too far in the end and mostly happened because of time constraints, mafia pushing it is a bit too farfetched. Sure they might have voted on it, and likely did too, but the main enemy was time constrains and generally split views on Cancerous Moody Haruno and Walrein, two of which were (likely) town.
#232 Why ever include the first part? It even falls apart because I def didn't do the townslip implied here by the time of the post, making it not relevant, I don't even think the game had started at this point. This is purely a method of trying to make cancerous worse than he is. Actually it contains a lot of nitpicking, even more than I do with moody, but even I don't go after everything he did and look for what could possibly be used there to suggest they are bad. Sure your first post about cancerous was ok and cancerous was plenty suspicious, but this is heavily biased in favour of proving cancerous is bad and not giving it any alternate. This I'm far more judgmental of, the only minus point is that this is a lot of attention one would get upon a cancerous town flip, but I hold texas high enough that I could see him banking on that, his future actions will definitely be heavily scrutinized whatever he does.
#235 while I agree with the idea of not lynching Blank Slate there, I find the BT and BS cases being the same a false equivalency. BT has made plenty of posts and arguments and has been relatively active. Intentionally or not this seems to trivialise any attempt at a BT lynch without much research, despite having more content than cancerous to go off of and BT would be the big if not cancerous who is scum lynch.
#255 Major props if Texas is scum. That being said this is reasonable, the lynch was nearly tied with multiple ones he doesn't agree with, desparation is obviously understandable.
#261 I hate your stupid vote count that messed up every future one when people assumed it was mostly correct
#266 I don't like this one after the revelation that every lynch we do will not be revealed till after the night is over, which means this could easily have ended as a way to get the protection even if cancerous wasn't scum, because why risk it. I generally dislike calling these out as mafia is best left guessing.
acidphoenix

#40 First to openly criticize RQS and spell out that just answering questions is an easy out, considering later lackluster activity feels just as easy to point that out rather than add actual contributions. Certainly raises a few alarm bells if I truly find nothing major until end of day.
#296 Too little too late. Also why post page 8 catch up info? Or were you just writing it on page 8?
Former Hope

#113 blatant buddying here as far as I'm concerned, why highlight only Asek as calling out RQS when at this point at least 5-6 people did it too.
#129 Backpedal from supporting Asek and straight up admittance of contributing for the sake of contributing. A bit of a blunt reading of what the post says but I very much dislike the mentality. The stuff about Walrein is also backpedally AND extremely wishywashy when Walrein hadn't really done anything that'd constitute as too aggressive.
#233 The Walrein gut feeling is oddly worded, like he is specifically distancing of making a clear call on walrein yet trying to still say it. I certainly think one could easily change their mind from there if they wanted to lynch walrein later. All in all I don't see why this couldn't have said gut reading walrein town or something rather than this very specific way of putting it. Otherwise the post is way too token. Obvious recap of stuff like lynching martin is bad and fort and haruno are arguing and if cancerous flips walrein and BT are good. Very content light for the length.
#268 Last post redux with less words and more voting. Feels very much like didn't want to vote without an arbitrary wordcount being met.
#287 Why? Why make this post at all? This seems so out of place that I have to ask what reason was former pissed enough about walrein double voting? The obvious answer is former was keeping a vote count of his own and walrein was messing it up. Highly likely that means an intention to be involved in changing one's vote if it calls for it. If it turns out all the top lynches were village, I could see this being used as evidence that Former may have been trying to see if a triple or quad tie of villagers was possible, that is easily worth a self sacrifice in my book.
Haruno

#135 putting this here for now because I have an interesting feeling it will be needed in establishing a pattern in later posts...
#192 You can see most of my stuff under that post. I will add in addition to that, that in the post an implication of delving deeper into the mexwalreinxmoody would happen down the line. I'd def like to see this happen from haruno along with the addressing of my post there. Also the pattern continues, more later.
#210 So this is where the pattern breaks. Every meaningful non troll post by Haruno was always prompted by someone bringing them up. This marks the first time there is a haruno intervention without such a prompt. The post itself is also odd to me, as it's less about attacking smash and more about defending the walrein lynch. The argument of the Walrein lynch being too early with little backup besides the promised rewards is a completely fair argument and I haven't seen Haruno actually putting for a case on Walrein either. At this point I can't view this as more than trying to keep the Walrein lynch going, which stinks of an agenda due to lack of any other indication.

smashlloyd20

#174 Def not what I want to see from someone who didn't contribute beforehand. Especially not giving any reasons on Fort, the only meaningful point in the post.
#207 I find this to be both agreeing with a Walreinroll, yet as a scum I do not see anyone suggesting to keep walrein around, when one could reasonably get him lynched there and not have to waste the eventual kill. Also what is with people citing activity as a moody scum reason?

Fort Colorcastle

#115 If I see this trend continuing I will have to ask Fort to put out some serious reads pronto because this is the kind of noncommittal dirt throwing I dislike.
#132 A gut town read certainly continues the luke warm attitude.
#158 Well there is a clear side taking here that Moody should provide the proof, and I can forgive the noncommitment here what with actually waiting for Moody to put forth the proof. This for now breaks the chain simply because it'd have been much easier not to ask Moody to provide anything and was most likely the reason he quoted at least one line later.
#177 The wish wash returns, but even with that he does take a stance of support on my side of the argument. What elevates this post is the willingness to call out that people haven't put a vote on him despite the numerous scumleans on him.
#264 This is a far more certain post, the problem is it's a big defend cancerous post, which would be the exact time to jump on those voting him. Good old look good and make them look bad if the lynch goes right. The only reason I'm making this observation is that Fort seems to have gotten far surer just for this post, though in all fairness he was also surer in the haruno reply which might be giving him a confidence boost? Also I heavily cancerous is clean signaled so it is fair to recognise it and there were plenty of hints the lynch was going in a bad direction and it was time to get a cold feet.
ButteredToast

#74 Post he got a lot of flack for from Cancerous, yet it is fairly on point about halfassing RVS and RQS which both defeat the points in kind of a subtle way. On the other hand I still think they barely do anything until someone gets bandwagoned so while this was protown it hardly mattered enough to not give him the credit of pulling this as either side.
#126 Big post I'm trying to put to shame. The pancake bit feels a bit too sassy, I at least feel it was counterproductive to encourage him to get out rather than encouraging him to finish said post quicker, it is certainly not a point worth antagonizing someone over before the game progresses far enough to see that pancake did indeed not contribute(which he didn't but at the time that is still the future). Give Asek a free pass on the Walrein lynch when he actively didn't say why while jumping onto Texas for doing the same thing(and personally Texas' vote is more apparent to me as a simple pressure vote).
#178 Yeah the Martin argument is bad, talked about this already. Otherwise the post lacks any meaningful explanation to any of the reads.
#181 One of them has to be scum, there is way too much hypocrisy on both sides with the qualms they have on each other.
#184 Never like arguing to vote someone simply because of playstyle, and much prefer encouraging them to do stuff that helps the town instead. This has been sort a trend with BT, with his jump on Martin, Texas and pancake.
#277 Very excuse heavy, and excusing any mislynch he participates in as he just broke the tie and was under pressure and not fully caught up. It's like the perfect storm of excuses. I get the need to warn people, but if you are not caught up don't try breaking the tie nor say you will not vote other than a tie. All in all I don't like the wish of staying away from the lynch.
shubaka17

#148 We ever hear what he meant by the partnership bit?
#208 Yeah he didn't address the partnership bit. Also this post feels all over the place for how short it is. I find calling out idlers coming out to post quite hypocritical when the post itself p much admits missing a good chunk of what had happened post RQS.

MoodyCloud

#87 First mention on suspicion on Walrein. Never paid that much attention to Walrein's town reads argument before, but reading through the thread he mostly called out people plenty would agree on, BT's pro town posts and asek+haruno for playstyles. Every other one was more or less jokes, so that is actual quite the small sample of fairly not really questionable choices for most people. At that point in time it didn't really hold up.
#142 WHERE THE HUMOR DEFENSES OF WALREIN AT MOODY??? #145 "Multiple instances" where they at????
#159 Dislike how none of Walrein's actual point on Former Hope were addressed at all and simply painted as jump on another guy when judging the post. Also ass later pointed out, we were barely out of RQS and the first proactive thing done was p much a bandwagon on Walrein, accusing him of being reactive is pointless.
#172 Very noncommittal way of trying to make me look more suspicious without actually having anything on me.
#206 I'm p sure the deal here is already obvious. That being said, I find it interesting that this doesn't say Walrein is a okay now and still paints a picture where Walrein could be scum.
#212 Make a damn case why about 166 and 150 then dammit if they are that bad?
#217 When was the haruno lynch ever stated to be about interaction rewards upon flipping? This seems like a blatant attempt at pushing the walrein lynch, the only lynch described to have the quality Moody claims haruno's lacks. Considering he later voted Blank Slate who makes his name proud this also seems hypocritical to specifically call out. Also already called out that people being consistent in behavior is not a diminishing point, everyone tries to do that.
#223 #225 Not repeating myself
#226 Feels like a weirdly calm reaction after being called too defensive, also another case of ot tackling the argument rather targeting the person. This borders on making it an attack on the personality what with "scum or jumpy af town"

pancake

#88 In a singular post nearly matches the town leans Walrein hat done up to that point, doesn't get the same flack though, just an observation. That being said I'm actually critical of this post not just making a point. This is essentially a repeat of the acid argument of fuck RQS without providing anything and including a safe excuse to not post for a while, sure the excuse is real, but that doesn't mean it can't be abused.
#209 Probably the best idler post. The moodycould thing is a bollocks misread as moody was doing the opposite, but it's too farfetched of a mistake to consider he is pushing an agenda. The BT point is fair and citing the posts referred to is a good practice to be easily fact checked. Or I'm biased because he is going after my suspects, except haruno. I def want to see more from him to make a better read.
#220 Doesn't address the misunderstanding on what he accused moody's post about proactivity did, which does explain why moody was obviously defensive, however he is right moody was VERY defensive over a simple misunderstanding(compare this to when Knights got the Texas thing wrong). That being said as hypocritical that sounds, if moody ever flips town, I'd def look at pancake because of the whole not acknowledging the mistake he made bit, simply because one might feel admitting such a thing diminishes one's case, which to me would require a bit too much active thinking about what to post and how(which I always do, it's part of my there is no scumwolf strat). Just at this point what moody has done outweighs pancake's singular or maybe 1.5 with the first quote thing.

KnightsofCydonia

#30 Starter of the RQS stage, we all know how that turned out to be but is nai.
#165 Just putting this here so people can review if he has been sticking to his creed.
#254 I can't judge most of these because he is essentially going off the RQS stuff, I will wait till he makes a case on a singular person with it to make an actual judgement this is a bit too general for that.

Aubisio

#161 This is what gets you posting at this stage of the day? I get the showdown playstyle but I'd think even there this consists as lurking and giving a quite pointless answer...
#238 EXPLAIN!!!!!

Asek

#74 Not his post but makes a fairly good case of Asek being a prime example of stalling out RVS
#77 Disagree, the votes needed to state what they were for to be meaningful otherwise one can just willynilly attach any meaning to them after being called out, and said votes did accomplish nothing beside being called out. However this is also a post we a serious vote in it trying to actual exit RVS\RQS though only after being called out on it.
#112 Why not though? I mean the part where Asek said he rather not say why he is voting Walrein. I'd understand this behavior from someone putting an extra pressure vote on a bandwagon but this is the factual start of the Walrein one with nothing to back it up and a clear indication the person starting it rather not say why. The rest of the post mostly talks about why to lynch Martin and Knights for asking the questions and a bit about shubaka for his special kind of questions, yet Walrein is not just a random bandwagon for the sake of bandwagoning but the primal suspect and lynch target at this point in the game?
#197 My views on this can be found not much after in the few following posts. I do still await how Walrein's death gets analysed by Asek now, because really we CAN at this point assume that he likely was village, and Asek should get his thoughts out now rather than later even if we choose not to act on them simply due to how the game works.

Blazade

#205 Heavily dislike that Blazade is the last person I had to link a post for despite being active and joining discussions. This post is really only quoted because it shows my problem well, no hard suspicions or opinions. Where the pressure at? There was a single case of being a vote on Haruno but tat had no meaningful followup. I def want a real indepth read list from Blazade today so I can judge his opinions.
Whydon

#54 Claims to be active, is funny.
Vanillish Wafer

#204 Cases please, why is the town read so well explained but the scums just gut? With the amount of clashes I'd just expect more, at least a few non gut scumleans.
Martin

#93 Can't help but to forgive this post, I will certainly push martin to contribute if he stays in the game, but as much I feel like it'd have been devastating to waste more pages on another set of questions, it feels too innocent and really more like a I don't know what to do deal regardless of alignment.

Blank Slate2356

#199 How in god's name is Former covering for Walrein there, he might be underselling the problem that he has, but he is clearly asking for people to look at walrein. This is not having his back, it's literally non committal dirt slinging and implying something is suspicious but letting others have a go at it without appearing involved. Also the Walrein thing is farfetched. The big problem I had with the lynching of blank was that this is literally the only noteworthy thing he did and I can't help but feel it's prime mislynch material. I def hope I find more meaningful stuff in Day 2.
Found this one, not sure if it's the latest

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Again, my focus is trying to win the game. There is an overwhelming amount of content and information that is already brought up and we are just going through the motions. It's pretty clear cut what we need to do this cycle though.

Really, besides that... there isn't really much to do or push discussion towards.
What is your plan for trying to win the game at this stage and how does discussion interact with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)