October 14th Regional - Toronto, Ontario: Won by Winston Chan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

DoubleTree International Airport Hotel and Conference Centre | Map
Play! Pokemon Page
655 Dixon Rd.
Toronto, ON, Canada
(416) 244-1711

The Canadian Regional this fall is taking place in Toronto! The VGC 13 season is sure to be exciting, so let's kick it off with a Smogon victory here at Toronto!​

Prizes:
1st Place
  • A Pokémon VG Regional Championships 1st Place award
  • A Travel Award (including a parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2013 U.S. National Championships at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, OR the Canada National Championships in Toronto, ON.*
  • A first-round bye at the U.S. National Championships**
  • 120 Championship Points

2nd Place

• A Pokémon VG Regional Championships 2nd Place award
  • A Travel Stipend of $500 for Junior and Senior Division finalists, collected on site at the National Championships. Valid ID will be required to collect your stipend.
  • A Travel Stipend of $300 for Masters Division finalists, collected on site at the National Championships. Valid ID will be required to collect your stipend.
  • A first- round bye at the U.S. National Championships**
  • 110 Championship Points (if division attendance is 4 or greater)

3rd & 4th Place

• A Travel Stipend of $500 for Junior and Senior Division semi-finalists, collected on site at the National Championships. Valid ID will be required to collect your stipend.
  • A Pokémon VGC Regional Championships 3rd or 4th Place award
  • 90 Championship Points (if division attendance is 8 or greater)

Attendance:

Masters:
Layell
Kapuran
MiniWade
OVERGRO
Hegna

Seniors:
Dittoditto

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I will be masterfully attending this event. Double Tree was a really nice place and here is hoping that the same location will bring the same level of competition as the Canada NATS from the '12 season.

I'll be attending again! Although, it's so soon, I wasn't expecting it until next year; my team might be, uh, bad. Or the exact same.

awesomeness double tree again, HAHAHA not a master yet soooooooooo
i'll be taking seniors division XD, oh yeah if you look at this bunny you will be CURSED!!!!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

I'm planning to show up again with my brother and any friends I can get to come. I got all my mid-terms the week right after the event though, so I'll see :(

I'm in masters and so is my brother.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I might show up, but its unlikely I'll play unless someone wants to give me a team lol

I'd be a master if that happened btw

If any of you know so. Meaning only benefit would be coming 1st. If you place any others would you really go all the way to indiana? :/ I don't get it we do host our worlds but no nats? I need more info on why is it like this.

No Canadian Video Game National Championships in 2013

The Pokémon Company International has just updated the page for the autumn regionals taking place this weekend with slight adjustments to the prizes which reveal that plans for a Canadian National Championship have been scrapped.

Travel awards and byes are awarded to the winning player and are awarded to the U.S. National Championships. A Canadian player is therefore eligible to win a travel award to the U.S. National Championships, as there is no Video Game Nationals in Canada in 2013.

Unfortunately the Ontario Regional is this weekend so if you had plans to just attend the Canadian National Championships next summer, you’re out of luck. This brings down the amount of Worlds Qualification events (including the LCQ) to 5 in 2013 instead of 10 in 2012 with Europe’s system also changing. The Canadian TCG National Championships will still be in Toronto as scheduled. The silver lining to this news is that we shouldn’t see a split in the playerbase when Nationals weekend rolls around. And hey, maybe we’ll get a few more invites this time too?

Signed in, hack checked, registered. Running a new team because I lent my brother my old team. Probably doomed.

Lost my first round to a sand team full of dragons. Bummer.

Damn, L-W-L. This new team is not strong enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)