1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

October (My Non-Generic Ubers Rain Team)

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Steeljackal<3, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Steeljackal<3

Steeljackal<3

October
    [​IMG]

Yes, this team was named after a Deadmau5 song. Fk my musical tastes.
    Hello all, Steelskitty here. Some of you may know me from my comments on others' teams here in the RMTs section, or from my past (horrible) RMTs. Anyway, I'm here with a (not so horrible) team to show you guys today. The basic idea of the team was to take the good old creation trio core (Dialga/Palkia/Giratina-Origin) and revamp it in a new and interesting way. The team also showcases Heatran, a very little-recognized Pokemon that fits incredibly well on rain in general. October is still a fairly new invention of mine, but I'm proud to say that it has already beaten skilled users such as Hyw, Blue Jay, Megaman Zero 4, and has had a depressingly close match with Hack He Must in its short lifespan. I think that it's one of my best teams of this generation and will most likely be the last team of mine that I give out to the public before and X and Y comse out (though I do plan on doing an RMT with Finalninja243 sometime this week/weekend). But seriously, go out and try this team; it'll be obsolete next generation anyway.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

IN DEPTH:
    [​IMG]
    Ⓐ▼▲ Ⓐ▼▲ (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature

- Water Spout
    - Surf
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam

Here we have the gigantic behemoth-whale itself, Kyogre. Some people call it the "King of Ubers" simply because of the sheer power it has under direct rain with Choice Specs equipped. On this team, it serves the purpose of sponging random special attacks (should Heatran die prematurely), checking Arceus-Ghost, and just generally massacring the metagame with maliciously strong STAB Water Spouts. The set itself is about as standard as it gets... Water Spout earlygame, Surf if you're worried about tanking a hit/have a weakened Kyogre, and Thunder versus opposing Kyogre and Palkia switchins. You'll virtually never use Ice Beam, as STAB Rainy Water Spout outdamages it versus everything except Rayquaza and 4x resists. Maybe if you're lucky you can catch an Arceus-Grass on the switchin with it.

[​IMG]

Tina (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 44 Spd / 212 Atk / 252 Def
    Adamant Nature

- Shadow Sneak
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Magic Coat
    - Dragon Tail

Here we have what is probably my favorite Pokemon from the DP/P era. It utterly wrecks OUmons such as Skarmory, Forretress, Kabutops, and Extremekiller Arceus, while forming an incredibly cool anti-lead combo with Heatran (between the two of them, you anti-lead virtually every common lead except Kyogre and Lum Tyranitar.) This set accomplishes so much during a game: Shadow Sneak picks off weakened Psychics/Arceus-Ghosts, Will-o-wisp neuters Groudon, Genesect, SD Arceus, and Ferrothorn, Magic Coat wrecks Deoxys-S, Forretress, and Custap Skarmory leads (you also don't do horribly versus Deoxys-A), and Dragon Tail provides hazard abuse and damages common switchins (it actually outdamages Ho-oh's Regenerator by an average of 2-5, meaning even it will wear down eventually). This set has very nice surprise factor and is seriously dangerous with the right prediction. Oh, and it and Heatran resist every type in the game barring Rock.

[​IMG]
    Gaia (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature

- Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - ExtremeSpeed

Arceus-Ground is my obligatory Arceus Form/Win Condition. It anti-leads Dialga and Tyranitar (two things the Heatran/Giratina-Origin combo struggle with at times), has very high Attack after an easily-obtainable Swords Dance, and is a safe switchin to Zekrom.... once. After you reveal what Arceus form you're using, always use Heatran for future Zekrom switchins.

The set looks something like a wannabe Ekiller, but this is far from the case. +2 Earthquake outdamages +2 Extremespeed, Stone Edge is a solid kill on Ho-oh (whereas Arceus-N's Silk Scarf Extremespeed fails to 2HKO bulky variants), and Extremespeed is really only used lategame when you need Groundceus to pick off something at 15-20%. The Attack investment is very useful for scenarios where you can't set up while providing a nice extra punch to your attacks generally. Seriously, this thing has saved my ass in so many endgames, it's awesome.

[​IMG]
    F*** Magnezone. (Dialga) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Pressure
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk

- Draco Meteor
    - Thunder
    - Fire Blast
    - Sleep Talk

Rather than opt for a standard variant of Dialga, I thought I'd try something new: the choice scarf variant. I must say, I haven't looked back since. Not only did putting a scarf on Dialga ease teambuilding for me by letting me run Lustrous Palkia (as opposed to the inferior Scarf Variant), but it provides Sleep Fodder, Zekrom-Esque coverage, a backup answer to Extremekiller Arceus, and it can switch into U-turns from Genesect better than your own Genesect ever could. I've tried different sets on this thing in the past, and I will say that this one seems to benefit this team the most. Draco Meteor utterly massacres... everything (you're dealing with the same base SAtk as Palkia, which a lot of people overlook), Thunder surprises Kyogre, Ho-oh, swift swimmers, what have you, Fire Blast is a godsend versus Sun and Steel Types, and Sleep Talk lets you be a fantastic answer to Darkrai and/or Smashpass. Zero Attack IVs are to troll foul play users, which is a must for special scarfmons. :toast:

[​IMG]
    Smodrone's GF (Heatran) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 120 Spd / 252 HP / 136 SDef
    Calm Nature
    - Lava Plume

- Toxic
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt

Heatran is the glue of this team, providing Stealth Rock, a capable anti-lead, earlygame hazard control, and a stallbreaker all in one 'mon. This particular set chokes a variety of things, including..

-Genesect: can do nothing versus you. Always use either Toxic or Stealth Rock versus it; it will always U-turn out into something else, usually a Kyogre or Groudon.

-Dialga: You should outspeed due to your speedcreep, Taunt it, and Dialga has no hope of hurting you in return.

-Rayquaza, Latios, Latias: Heatran walls them unless they decide to run bizarre coverage such as Earthquake or Surf.

-Ferrothorn and Forretress: pretty self-explanatory.

-Ho-oh: Watch out for Earthquake, but you're a fantastic check to it otherwise.

-Giratina-A, Lugia, Arceus-Grass (really anything stally): Taunt first, then watch them have a slow and painful death with Toxic.

As players like Blue Jay can attest to, this set cockblocks a fair number of sun teams as Groudon, the thing people usually use to force Heatran out, can't even switch in directly due to potential Lava Plume burns/Toxic. All it really has to watch out for is random stuff with Earthquake (freakin' mixed Giratina-Origins) and it's solid.

[​IMG]
    Hi Kyogre! (Palkia) @ Haban Berry
    Timid Nature

- Spacial Rend
    - Surf
    - Thunder
    - Fire Blast

Move over, Ho-oh and Ekiller Arceus: Choice-less Palkia is here and ready to make the case for most dangerous Pokemon of this generation. Possessing rain and sun abuse, a monstrous base 150 Special Attack, nifty special bulk, and the ability to 2HKO almost the entire relevant metagame under rain, Palkia is a force to be reckoned with. Seriously, it isn't an exaggeration to say that 90% of teams have no safe switchin to this thing. The set itself is pretty standard, providing coverage on...everything. This is another Pokemon that's good on its own but absolutely devestating with proper prediction. Spacial Rend devastates Dragons, Surf hits whatever you can't hit Super-Effectively, Thunder mangles Kyogre and Swift Swimmers, and Fire Blast maims steelmons. Seriously, I love this thing so much. Definitely one of my favorite Pokemon from last generation.

Replays:
    These weren't my best matches, but most of 'em were pretty damn hilarious:
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-53749742 versus hyw
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-53890072 versus Megaman Zero 4
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-52914956 versus Hack He Must
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-52887243 versus hyw (again)

Note that I changed the nicknames to wittier ones for this RMT.

Shout-Outs:

-Thanks to Sweep, who indirectly inspired me to start using Swords Dance Arceus-Ground.
    -Thanks to hyw and other friends for helping me test this team.
    -Thanks to all my friends on PS!; you know who you guys are.

Well, I hope I didn't miss anybody. Enjoy the team :P

Exportable:
    Ⓐ▼▲ Ⓐ▼▲ (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Drizzle
    Modest Nature
    - Water Spout
    - Surf
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam

Tina (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 44 Spd / 212 Atk / 252 Def
    Adamant Nature
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Magic Coat
    - Outrage

Gaia (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - ExtremeSpeed

F*** Magnezone. (Dialga) @ Choice Scarf
    Modest Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Thunder
    - Fire Blast
    - Sleep Talk

Smodrone's GF (Heatran) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 120 Spd / 252 HP / 136 SDef
    Calm Nature
    - Lava Plume
    - Toxic
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt

Hi Kyogre! (Palkia) @ Haban Berry
    Timid Nature
    - Spacial Rend
    - Surf
    - Thunder
    - Fire Blast

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  2. Edgar

Edgar
    is a SPL Winner

Hey, nice team...

Your team seems really weak to Palkia and rain sets of the Lati@s. I think Calm Mind Arceus-Grass over Arceus-Ground would be a great pokemon on this team since it beats those I just mentioned. Although you may think it gets outclassed by any other CM Arceus, it would do great in this team considering its common switch-ins are walled by Heatran. I also recommend a defensive Calm Mind Arceus Grass EV spread instead of Max HP and Max Speed since you only need to outspeed a couple of things and not tie with other Arceus forms necessarily.

Arceus-Grass
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
    EVs: 252 HP / 140 SDef / 116 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Ice Beam
    - Judgment
    - Recover

EV's are enough to outspeed standard Lati@s EV spread.

Since you have a new Kyogre switch in I don't think Palkia is necessary anymore. I think you should use Choice Scarf Zekrom to destroy pokemon like Darkrai with Sleep Talk Bolt Strike or Outrage. Zekrom would also keep some pressure on things like Calm Mind Arceus-Ghost or stall abusers like Lugia.

Zekrom
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Teravolt
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Sleep Talk
    - Bolt Strike
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Claw

Adamant nature is also an option. Jolly is just my personal preference

One of the last big changes is Life Orb Stealth Rock Dialga over Scarf. I think LO Dialga would be great on this team since you already have a better scarf user than Dialga on this team. Life Orb Dialga would also open the path for Arceus-Grass to sweep destroying Giratina and Ho-Oh with Draco Meteor and Thunder respectively. I prefer Fire Blast in general over Aura Sphere but that's up to you. Dialga is also good for fighting Sub-Roost Ho-Oh.

Dialga
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Dialga @ Life Orb
    EVs: 152 HP / 252 SAtk / 104 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Thunder
    - Stealth Rock
    - Fire Blast

You don't really need Max Speed for anything since you already kill what you are meant to kill with that amount of speed.

One last minor change is Roar over Stealth Rock on Heatran, you already have a Stealth Rock user and Roar could be helpful when fighting Sub-Roost Ho-Oh and Ghosteus. As well as giving your team more momentum.

Nice team, good luck! :]

[17:26:36] +Steeljackal: I guess maybe I could run Haban Palkia
    [17:26:38] +Steeljackal: For you, Edgar
    Hack He Must likes this.
  3. Steeljackal<3

Steeljackal<3

Thanks Blackstardust, will def. test these changes.
  4. Sweep

Sweep
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

Cool team, try Recover over Espeed on Groundceus to help vs. balance and stall. 120 speed is perfect for Taunttran and is what I use.
  5. Donkey

Donkey

people catching onto rain heatran...should give syrim and I shoutouts..same goes for magic coat gira...smh...

genesect fits team better than dialga, gives you momentum and outspeeds tons of shit. you dont need dialgas skillset since you have specs ogre and palkia

run haban on palkia since you are weak as fuck to palkia

run aqua tail instead of wisp so you can kill Excadrills and don't have to rely on 75%. heatran/magic coat/prediction deals with ferro/forry

magic coat is bad on giratina since it requires to win a mindgame. i stopped using it for that reason.
  6. Steeljackal<3

Steeljackal<3

Heh, I didn't get the idea to use Rain Heatran from either you or Syrim. The thing was on my first Ubers team and I've loved it since... also, the DMs inspired me to use Magic Coat Giratina-Origin, not you, sorry :(

Changed to Haban Palkia, the weakness was horrid. What do you think about Dragon Tail>Thunder on it?

I'll test Genesect, though Idk. I really like Scarf Dialga.

Bulky Excadrill is less relevant than it used to be and is already a non-issue for me between Kyogre, Palkia, and Groundceus (Assuming a broken Air Balloon). Considering Draco Meteor/Outrage over WoW as it hasn't been especially useful on this team.

I still think Magic Coat is fantastic on Giratina-Origin, because the mindgame doesn't actually exist until the turn after you use it. The turn you use it, it's just a surprise, and a potentially game-winning one at that. You reflect Stealth Rock back at Deoxys-S, Spikes back at Skarmory, Dark Void back at Darkrai, Toxic back at Lugia, whatever. Even when it is a mindgame, you can still work your way through it in most scenarios, assuming you're good with prediction.
  7. Donkey

Donkey

You need Thunder

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)