Offense on Steroids-A Hyper Offensive Team

The First Look

Introduction:

I've tried bulky. I've tried balanced. I've tried weather. I've tried trick room, baton pass, and literally EVERYTHING you could possibly imagine, but hyper offense is by far the best. It is by no means a balanced team and it is kinda risky to run but it is so fun to use and pretty successful. The style of hyper offense is to have 5 OP/Sweeper Pokemon and 1 Dual Screener to provide some defense to the team since the team is very frail.

Horny (Dragonite) (F) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

I really don't need to explain this set. DDance is so easy to set up. I use dragon dance and abuse Dragonite's amzaing ability-- Multiscale. Then I proceed to sweep my opponents whole team. Earthquake is for Heatran which thinks it can come in and hit me with an HP Ice. Fire Punch is for other steel types like Ferrothorn. Lum berry is very useful to get rid of a status problem and set up another Dragon Dance.

MichaelVick (Terrakion) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

After many suggestions, I decided to run subswords over swordpolish. Terrakion is able to force switch-outs so incredibly easily and proceed to set up a sub or swords dance on the switch. With great dual STABS this thing can power through a whole team by itself. Lum berry is for status which poops on this set.

]Infernape (Rotom-W) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hydro Pump
- Trick

Don't be fooloed by the nickname. This thing is not by any means an Infernape, in fact it is literally the opposite. This is SUCH a good revenge killer. With 3 great coverage moves, not a lot stands up to it. Also, with the ability to trick a choice scarf on to pretty much any wall, your opponent is screwed.

EonBrother (Latios) (M) @ Lum Berry

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf
- Calm Mind

OMG. Thanks to my friend I am now running a calm mind latios. Latios is extremely capable of setting up calm minds. With its bulk and threat to OHKO half the metagame, your opponent will be forced to let you set up on them. With three great coverage moves, after just one calm mind your opponent is in a whole heep of trouble.

Dustox (Volcarona) (F) @ Life Orb

Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]

This pokemon fits very nicely on my team. One Quiver Dance and this thing is a huge threat to a lot of things. Gliscor brings some trouble to my team which is why I run HP Rock. Volcarona is a big threat to any team and it is a nice special sweeper on this team.

Cresselia (F) @ Light Clay

EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 80 SDef / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Lunar Dance
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

This is the "Dual Screener" that apparently every HO team needs. It does that well, and supports the team with lunar dance. If you don't know what lunar dance is (which most of you don't) I'll explain. It brings cresselia to 0 hp, but the next pokemon you bring in gets full hp before the hazards take into effect. So once cresselia did its job and is low on hp it LDances to a sweeper you have that is low on health. HP fighting is just so it isn't taunt bait, and it actually hits ferrothorn, heatran, and TTar very nicely.

Conclusion::

So far, this team has been working out very nicely. Normally, I lead with Rotom-W and Volt Switch out into Cresselia and set up my screens. After that, I proceed to sweep with one of my 4 sweepers. Please feel free to try out the team. Below I will attach the importable file so that you can try it out on Pokemon Online. Please give suggestion and rate the team!

Now Say Your Goodbyes...

IMPORTABLE POKEMON ONLINE FILE:
Horny (Dragonite) (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

MichaelVick (Terrakion) @ Lum Berry
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Infernape (Rotom-W) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hydro Pump
- Trick

EonBrother (Latios) (M) @ Lum Berry
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf
- Calm Mind

Dustox (Volcarona) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flame Body
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]

SpacemanStew (Cresselia) (F) @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 80 SDef / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Lunar Dance
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

At first glance I can see that rain teams with a ferrothorn kind of stop you cold, especially if they're good enough at predicting to power whip or gyro ball your terrakion on the switch in. Also Jellicent can wall everything but alakazam, and really screws him up with a shadow ball. With multiple choice users, and common pokemon that people are often prepared to stop, you'll be switching alot, and you don't have a spinner. This team may do quite well against other offensive teams, but can't deal with many common defensive strategies. Also i just noticed that your entire team is extremely vulnerable to SD scizor, as it can switch in on those band users and alakazam, boost and Bullet Punch away, I suppose a jirachi could help and keep the offensive theme or a rotom could will o wisp it and go to town. Switching out alakazam for a starmie might help, or if you don't care for spinning, a gengar can easily ravage many defensive teams, the main problem I'm seeing is that this team tries to simply power through a metagame that is prepared for the threats seen on this team, while the team seems to lack the ability to break those walls. It just seems like such a cookie cutter team that it needs some major revisions.

Hello, you have a pretty nice team there, however I do see a huge weakness to opposing Scizor, for that suggest you use Rotom-W over Alakazam, Rotom-W will not only give you a switch into Scizor, but also complete Volt-Turn.

I also think that you should replace Dragonite with Scarfed Salamence. You should also use Choice Specs Latios, because Scarfed Latios seems a bit well... odd (In My Opinion).

You should also switch the Terrakion set to Sub SD, it does a much better job of breaking stall than the set you currently have. Also, I don't think Dual Screens Azelf is needed but It's really up to you.

Also, I think you should replace CB Scizor with a SD set because having 4 choiced Pokemon on the same team is pretty bad.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Salamence (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Terrakion @ Rock Gem
- Substitute
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Good Luck!

uhhh gearflow you should go read the rules, you need to offer reasons for your changes, besides just "its odd", or "I think you should switch Dnite for scarfmence". he has a solid reason for scarf latios, and having two choice dragons only makes the team easier to wall, while the Dnite he has is much more versatile.

At first glance I can see that rain teams with a ferrothorn kind of stop you cold, especially if they're good enough at predicting to power whip or gyro ball your terrakion on the switch in. Also Jellicent can wall everything but alakazam, and really screws him up with a shadow ball. With multiple choice users, and common pokemon that people are often prepared to stop, you'll be switching alot, and you don't have a spinner. This team may do quite well against other offensive teams, but can't deal with many common defensive strategies. Also i just noticed that your entire team is extremely vulnerable to SD scizor, as it can switch in on those band users and alakazam, boost and Bullet Punch away, I suppose a jirachi could help and keep the offensive theme or a rotom could will o wisp it and go to town. Switching out alakazam for a starmie might help, or if you don't care for spinning, a gengar can easily ravage many defensive teams, the main problem I'm seeing is that this team tries to simply power through a metagame that is prepared for the threats seen on this team, while the team seems to lack the ability to break those walls. It just seems like such a cookie cutter team that it needs some major revisions.
Yes, I am aware that this team needs major revision. I am considering running rotom wash to cover my scizor problem. I have fought many rain teams with ferrothorn but i have been able to easily take them out... I may run a jirachi. Do you have any suggestions on which jirachi set to run?

you know what else is a trapper like magnezone or dugtrio to get rid of steels could really help Dnite and Latios shine, but I can't really see where to fit it in.

I don't like azelf.
I like this set:
Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt

And Latios, scarf? is better specs.

just wanted to say that I don't see people's problem with Scarf Lati.... he outspeeds nearly everything, including most other Scarfers, considering his Base 110 Speed and also has amazing coverage with Dragon + Water + Fire. His only real downfall is being Pursuit Trapped by Scizor and Tyranitar

uhhh gearflow you should go read the rules, you need to offer reasons for your changes, besides just "its odd", or "I think you should switch Dnite for scarfmence". he has a solid reason for scarf latios, and having two choice dragons only makes the team easier to wall, while the Dnite he has is much more versatile.
Hey man, chill out, at least he didn't leave a giant flood of text as a post. He mentioned that opposing Scizor is a big threat to the team and recommended replacing Rotom-W over Alakazam for that reason.

No need to flip.

Scarfed Latios is possibly one of the worst Scarfed Pokemon in the entire OU metagame, and what are you talking about, he already had two choiced Pokemon on his team...

Okay, I am going to point out why Scarfed Latios is a bad idea, I have used it myself numerous times and it is just not worth running compared to the superior Choice Specs Latios.

Just imagine a scenario where the opponents team has a Tyranitar. You bring your Scarfed Latios in for a revenge kill, as Scarfed Latios is definitely one of the best revenge killers in the game. You have two options now: either go for the appropriate move for revenge-killing which will most likely be Draco Meteor since that packs the biggest power or you predict his obvious Tyranitar switch and go for a Surf. Even if you predict right you have no chance of 3HKO'ing standard Tyranitar, Surf is at best a 4HKO. And even if the Pokemon you are trying to revenge stays in and dies your opponent can just bring in Tyranitar then and revenge you 100% safely. Since a Choice Scarf Pokemon is pretty much needed I'd advise you to go with ScarfMox Salamence as others already stated. The sets GearFlow posted look pretty solid but I usually run Psyshock over Trick on Choice Specs Latios since it gives you the ability to 2HKO Blissey, Chansey, Jellicent and Gastrodon (Jelli after rocks, Gastrodon after Spikes I think, have not run calcs on this).

Okay, I am going to point out why Scarfed Latios is a bad idea, I have used it myself numerous times and it is just not worth running compared to the superior Choice Specs Latios.

Just imagine a scenario where the opponents team has a Tyranitar. You bring your Scarfed Latios in for a revenge kill, as Scarfed Latios is definitely one of the best revenge killers in the game. You have two options now: either go for the appropriate move for revenge-killing which will most likely be Draco Meteor since that packs the biggest power or you predict his obvious Tyranitar switch and go for a Surf. Even if you predict right you have no chance of 3HKO'ing standard Tyranitar, Surf is at best a 4HKO. And even if the Pokemon you are trying to revenge stays in and dies your opponent can just bring in Tyranitar then and revenge you 100% safely. Since a Choice Scarf Pokemon is pretty much needed I'd advise you to go with ScarfMox Salamence as others already stated. The sets GearFlow posted look pretty solid but I usually run Psyshock over Trick on Choice Specs Latios since it gives you the ability to 2HKO Blissey, Chansey, Jellicent and Gastrodon (Jelli after rocks, Gastrodon after Spikes I think, have not run calcs on this).
I know you guys are kinda hating on the whole scarfed latios thing but it has helped me in numerous situations. It outspeeds literally everything and it has come in handy.

ok, i really don't know why everyone is pissed at me, because i really didn't flip out, i just said that the rules require reasons for changes. Also, zachattack stated why he had scarf latios, and that was for revenge killing DD'ers and other fast sweepers, not dispatching special walls. Skaybestrogue, why in the world would anyone try to revenge kill a full health ttar with a latios, whether it had scarf or specs? thats a terrible idea, as most ttars will quickly dispatch any latios with crunch, leaving your argument null and void. and having band scizor and scarf latios is far different from specs latios and scarfmence, as scizor and latios have different counters, while mence and latios have similar counters, allowing him to be more easily shut down. And for a RMT, people are looking for constructive input, not just a line or two, so there's nothing wrong with a wall of text. Now my jimmies have been thoroughly rustled.

Pack some reading comprehension please. I said he would bring in his Latios to revenge something that is NOT Tyranitar, as an example a Dragonite at +1, then Tyranitar makes a 100% safe switch in and he is pretty much forced to switch out expecting the Tyranitar switch-in. And where did you get the idea of replacing Scizor with Mence? Scizor is elementary for this team, he should obviously replace his Dragonite with Mence. Also for the love of god keep your 4chanism out of this forum. Hory shit.

Excuse me but... That is NOT a good team. You have the Hyper Offense Lead (Azelf), but only 2 boosting pokemons...

I've tried the Azelf lead on my HO team and it seems to work really well. The main problem with this team is that there are only 2 Pokemon that can use boosting moves.
Usually a HO team utilizes a Dual Screener like Azelf, and 4 or 5 set up Pokemon to keep offensive pressure. You have 3 revenge killers on the team (Alakazam, Latios, Scizor), so Screens aren't being used to their fullest extent. You usually use Screens and then switch out to the boosting Pokemon of your choice, which aides in their ability to set up. But you really are missing the wide variety of set-up Pokemon by only using 2 of them. So get rid of 2 of your revenge killers.

You chould keep either Scizor or Alakazam as a revenge killer, but then there is not really a great reason for Scarf Latios. I would switch out altogether, maybe for a SD Lucario? It could still revenge kill if it really needs to, but has the ability to boost.

You could switch Alakazam for something. Trust me, I love Alakazam, a lot. But you should have a set-up Pokemon in its place. If you really want to keep Alakazam you could switch out Scizor, but only keep one as there is no need for 2 revenge killers on a HO team. So I suggest replacing Alakazam with CM Reuniclus as it performs a similar job but can set up and sweep better. Or you could replace Scizor with Agility Metagross. With 1 Agility it can easily tear apart teams.

Dragonite is fine, but Terrakion could use a bit of work. With base speed of 108, so it's a bit redundant to be using Rock Polish. I suggest replacing Rock Polish with Substitute.

Metagross@Air Balloon
252 Att/160 HP/96 Spd
Adamant
-Agility
-Meteor Mash
-Thunder Punch
-Earthquake

Reuniclus@Life Orb/Leftovers
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpAtt
Bold
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Focus Blast
-Psychic/Psyshock

Lucario@Life Orb
252 Spd/252 Att/4 HP
Jolly
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Extreme Speed
-Drain Punch

I hope I helped you make a better team.
Good luck and have fun!

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nice team Zachattack
First off I'm going to recommend an amazing Scizor set I first saw when Pocket suggested it for my friend Motagua's RMT. This set works wonders in HO teams such as your own. I recommend a Bulky SD Scizor with U-Turn over your current Banded Scizor. It's Sdef EVs allow it to tank special hits like weak Hidden Power [Fire]'s, Latios' Draco Meteor and Rotom-W's Hydro Pump's. The Atk EVs allow it to 2HKO Offensive Haxorus and Dragonite and the Iron Plate let's you bluff a Choice Band. So play it like a Choice Band Scizor at the start of the game.

Bulky SD Scizor:

Scizor (M) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 96 Atk / 168 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

If you think this gives your team a lack of immediate power you can try Banded Terrakion over your Double Dancer set. Banded Terrakion is a true monster it is imo the best Band user in the game it's dual STABs hit every pokemon in the game for neutral damage (bar Claydol and Golurk who are rare in OU and you have X-Scissor for Claydol anyway.) Terrakion is also amazing at weakening teams to help clear the field for Dragonite or Scizor later on. In fact if Dragonite has already come out and weakened the opponents team you may find that every time you bring in Terrakion something on the opponents team dies. It also has Quick Attack for a bit of extra priority that can save you from being swept.

Banded Terrakion:

Terrakion @ Choice Band
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack

I can also see ExtremeSpeed over Earthquake working wonders on Dragonite as it allows you to take out faster frail pokes trying to end your sweep, it also gives you even more priority that can help you alot and outside of Heatran, Earthquake dosen't hit anything important that Fire Punch and Outrage can't hit for neutral damage.

Now with 3 pokemon with Priority moves I dont see the need for a fast scarfer, 2 psychic types in 1 team leave you with huge weaknesses to U-Turn, Tyranitar and especially Scizor it can come in when Latios is locked into Draco Meteor and Pursuit trap you, you also have no switch ins to Scizor's Bullet Punch which means Scizor can easily sweep you late game. So I suggest Scarfed Rotom-W over Latios. This gives you the other half to a Volt-Turn, gives you a switch into Scizor's BP, you can cripple walls cy tricking them Choice Scarf and you can outspeed the likes of +1 Dragonite and hit it with Hidden Power [Ice].
Scarf Rotom-W:

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I hope these suggestions helped and GL with the team!

um... Hyper offense is not all about boosting pokemon it is about offensively based pokemon... learn the game buddy
No need to be hostile towards him. He has a valid point. Your team is good, but you can't really call it a Hyper Offense team. It is more of a mash up between Hyper Offense and Standard Offense. Azelf, Dragonite, and Terrakion all fit the theme of HO, but Alakazam, Latios, and Scizor are more of just Standard Offense Pokemon. Look at this thread, it should explain all the different types offensive strategies: Offense Guide.

Here is an excerpt talking about Hyper Offense:
Offense Guide said:
Hyper Offense

Hyper offense is a type of offense that focuses almost exclusively on attacking. Hyper offense teams usually utilize a Pokemon that can set up Reflect and Light Screen in conjunction with several setup sweepers with similar counters. These sweepers set up under the protection of Dual Screens and break down their counters through repeated powerful attacks, sacrificing themselves until their counters are defeated and one of them can sweep. Hyper offense teams usually only attack from one side of the attacking spectrum in order to immediately render Pokemon intended to wall attacks on the other side of the spectrum dead weight. For example, a team packed full of physical sweepers immediately renders Blissey useless. Hyper offense teams rarely switch Pokemon, instead relying on the inherent power of their members to weaken counters to the point where they cannot recover or retain enough HP to wall the rest of the team.

Some hyper offense teams take the form of Baton Pass teams, which use Baton Pass to accumulate boosts and pass them to sweepers as becomes feasible. Most Baton Pass teams attempt to Baton Pass the move Shell Smash, which is arguably the best boosting move in the game, as it grants a +2 boost in each of the following stats: Attack, Special Attack, and Speed. With access to Pokemon like Deoxys-D, which can set up Dual Screens and entry hazards effectively due to its immense bulk and reasonable Speed, and Espeon, which lacks the ability to set up entry hazards but can use both Reflect and Light Screen while negating any attempts at phazing away accumulated boosts or Taunting the users of Baton Pass, as well as a plethora of potential recipients, Baton Pass teams can be very dangerous if used correctly.
And here is a an excerpt about Standard Offense:
Offense Guide said:
Standard Offense

Standard offense is the most basic form of offense and relies on a combination of Speed and power to weaken opposing teams so that one of the Pokemon in the team can sweep. Standard offense has access to a variety of tools, such as Spikestacking, powerful Choice Items, and the scouting moves U-turn and Volt Switch, that hyper offense teams generally do not employ. Unlike bulky offense teams, standard offensive teams rely heavily on Speed. Standard offensive teams incorporate elements from other types of offense, and are therefore often more versatile than other types of offensive teams. Standard offensive teams rely heavily on prediction to maintain momentum and try to avoid taking damage as much as possible. When forced to take hits, offensive teams try to use resistances and natural bulk to reduce damage and regain momentum.

im going to second agility metagross. less common then scizor, so there's not a lot of teams prepared to stop it, it also checks many common threats like scizor and terrakion to an extent. Should easily take out a few mons, but watch for burns, they make you beyond useless. too bad azelf doesn't learn heal bell.

Nice team Zachattack
First off I'm going to recommend an amazing Scizor set I first saw when Pocket suggested it for my friend Motagua's RMT. This set works wonders in HO teams such as your own. I recommend a Bulky SD Scizor with U-Turn over your current Banded Scizor. It's Sdef EVs allow it to tank special hits like weak Hidden Power [Fire]'s, Latios' Draco Meteor and Rotom-W's Hydro Pump's. The Atk EVs allow it to 2HKO Offensive Haxorus and Dragonite and the Iron Plate let's you bluff a Choice Band. So play it like a Choice Band Scizor at the start of the game.

Bulky SD Scizor:

Scizor (M) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 96 Atk / 168 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

If you think this gives your team a lack of immediate power you can try Banded Terrakion over your Double Dancer set. Banded Terrakion is a true monster it is imo the best Band user in the game it's dual STABs hit every pokemon in the game for neutral damage (bar Claydol and Golurk who are rare in OU and you have X-Scissor for Claydol anyway.) Terrakion is also amazing at weakening teams to help clear the field for Dragonite or Scizor later on. In fact if Dragonite has already come out and weakened the opponents team you may find that every time you bring in Terrakion something on the opponents team dies. It also has Quick Attack for a bit of extra priority that can save you from being swept.

Banded Terrakion:

Terrakion @ Choice Band
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack

I can also see ExtremeSpeed over Earthquake working wonders on Dragonite as it allows you to take out faster frail pokes trying to end your sweep, it also gives you even more priority that can help you alot and outside of Heatran, Earthquake dosen't hit anything important that Fire Punch and Outrage can't hit for neutral damage.

Now with 3 pokemon with Priority moves I dont see the need for a fast scarfer, 2 psychic types in 1 team leave you with huge weaknesses to U-Turn, Tyranitar and especially Scizor it can come in when Latios is locked into Draco Meteor and Pursuit trap you, you also have no switch ins to Scizor's Bullet Punch which means Scizor can easily sweep you late game. So I suggest Scarfed Rotom-W over Latios. This gives you the other half to a Volt-Turn, gives you a switch into Scizor's BP, you can cripple walls cy tricking them Choice Scarf and you can outspeed the likes of +1 Dragonite and hit it with Hidden Power [Ice].
Scarf Rotom-W:

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I hope these suggestions helped and GL with the team!
I completly agree with this right here as replacements to make the team better...however

um... Hyper offense is not all about boosting pokemon it is about offensively based pokemon... learn the game buddy
<--- this seems to happen every-time someone seems to make a suggestion, rage + insults

even when his puts this at the end:

Unfortunately, this team has only been getting moderate success. This team is far from perfect which is why it is on the RMT forums. I feel like there is something missing from this team but i don't know what it is. Sure I have been getting wins with this team, but I have also been taking quite a few losses. Below is the Pokemon Online Importable file for this team. Please feel free to try the team out and help me improve it.
but back to rating i do think the suggestion i highlighter will help improve this team alot

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Cool team. Although I think that you could think about which sweepers that you pick a bit more. At the moment, it seems that the potent combination of sub rock gem terrakion + dragon dance dragonite is working out for you. Though, I think you should reconsider having metagross on this team. Metagross is ok and all, but it has major competition for a team slot. Common 'mons such as rotom-w, skarmory, and even ferrothorn to an extent can wall it very easily. This is why I think you should test lucario over metagross. With a set of swords dance / close combat / extremespeed / bullet punch, adamant nature with life orb can do really well. Ice punch or crunch are options for the fourth slot as well, but terrakion removes jellicent, reuniclus, and the like so that lucario can punch through scarf terrakion and gengar while sweeping. Extremespeed is probably a better option on dragonite rather than earthquake. Although eq hits stuff like heatran, more often than not a lot of the 'mons that are hit by earthquake are set up bait so you can get more boosts in the long run. Adamant is definitely the best nature on dragonite. Although the extra speed is very nice, I think that you will notice the power difference with adamant. Since dragonite is a pretty important member in wearing down steel types, I think that the extra power is necessary.

Although cresselia is pretty cool on this team, I think that there are better options for that slot. Dual screen azelf works perfectly if you wish to use a dual screen 'mon. It is much quicker and almost guaranteed to get both screens up. Not only that, but azelf has the ability to pack stealth rock, which is an integral move on offensive teams. When you're playing with something like sub rock gem terrakion, which relies on kos for the rest of your team, stealth rock is absolutely necessary on a team like this. A set of reflect / light screen / stealth rock / u-turn is a pretty cool idea with a jolly nature. Explosion and taunt are also good options in the fourth slot, but you almost need adamant to do damage with explosion so you may want to just use u-turn. Light clay is definitely the best choice for an item here as it gives you long lasting team support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)