Offense VS Stall: An Uber Warstory

It's been a while since the last Wastory, hasn't it. Well, I hope this battle doesn't disappoint; back to basics with another fast-paced Uber Battle. It's filled with good predictions, interesting and alot of long-term thinking. I hope you like it. Not to mention some unusual sets and Ubers that may not have been seen too often.

So i'm spamming Ladder matches, two even three at a time in order to get myself back into the Top of the Smogon Ubers Leaderboard. Along the way I fight top battlers like Brainiac, who I believe I have a losing record against. Using my (new!) Offensive Team, i'm finding it alot funner and faster to power up the ladder. I spot the name, Jam along my conquest of the Ladder a few times; each time he switches teams, and having lost one and won one against him, I see him pop up again with yet another team and prepare for what I think, will be another interesting battle. And as a little spoiler: It was.

From the title you can assume that his is a heavy-stall based team but let's see how it faces off against my rockin' offence. Is Ubers really dominated by fast-flying, heavy hitters? Does it have a place for slow, stalling and methodical players? Read on and find out.

Train Man's TEAM:

Jam's TEAM:

---
Formatting -

Nicknames will be omitted.
Weather Effects will be included.
Leftovers will be omitted.
The following Pokemon have Leftovers -
Jam's Groudon, Kyogre and Blissey.
Score will be presented after each KO (Train Man - Jam)
Health (in percentages) will be presented after each turn.
Battle Chat will be in Italics.
Battle Text will be in Bold.
Commentary will be plainly written.
---

Sorry, but it must be done, in the immortal words of the MK Announcer:
LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

---
Train Man sent out Deoxys-e.
Jam sent out Groudon.
The sun began to shine!

Deoxys-e - 100% Health.
Groudon - 100% Health.
---

Deoxys-e versus Groudon. In my first match against this guy, he 5-0'd me with a Rock Polishing, Bulk Up Groudon. Not again! My Deoxys-E is somewhat of a suicide lead, but is durable and unpredictable to, on average, set up a Stealth Rock and maybe one or two levels of Spikes. At the same time it obliterates opposing setups such as Mew and can handle the omnipresent Darkrai (with Lum Berry and Superpower). My standard play against Groudon would be SR and see what it does next, however, not taking any chances I immediately go for the Taunt. Even a CB Earthquake fails to KO, so it's almost inevitable that i'll be getting a Stealth Rock up, next turn. If it's a supporting Groudon lead, then Kudos to me.

---
Jam switched in Forretress.
Deoxys-e used Taunt.
Forretress fell for the taunt!
The sun continues to shine.

Deoxys-e - 100% Health.
Forretress - 100% Health.
---

But Jam makes the safe switch to Foretress, resisting the Ice Beam/Grass Knot (had I been an offensive one) or; could Rapid Spin away any entry hazards I setup. Unaware if he's carrying Gyro Ball (though most in Ubers, surprisingly don't) I decide to go to Mewtwo, as it's the most effective and versatile on my team, hoping to absorb a Rapid Spin. Alternatively, a taunted Foretress may force him to switch out and either way, I feel my Mewtwo's vast type coverage should threaten anything short of a Blissey (which is becoming a dying breed in the Platinum metagame).

---
Train Man switched in Mewtwo.
Forretress used Gyro Ball.
Mewtwo lost 34% of its health.

Mewtwo - 66% Health.
---

Well, that was the worst case scenario. Hopefully, he doesn't know that i'm carrying flamethrower and will predict either an Aura Sphere or a Calm Mind, attempt to set up spikes and be roasted to a crisp. But he's been making smart plays already and I don't want to waste Mewtwo's HP more than they have been already (LO Damage). I opt to go with Bronzong and setup up my "Main strategy" of sleeping something and putting up dual screens.

---
Train Man switched in Bronzong.
Jam switched in Blissey.

Bronzong - 100% Health.
Blissey - 100% Health.
---

A Blissey >_>. This is the point that I recognise this team as total stall. Now I realize that my Mewtwo will be a little ineffective this match, as it lacks any physical moves. Luckily my team can compensate for this as every other player can either OHKO, 2HKO or setup in Bliss's face. I'm figuring a switch as Blissey is pretty much the biggest piece of setup bait in Ubers and Hypnosis is Bronzong's best chance at setting up screens and surviving an attack from Jam's "Counter".

---
Jam switched in Kyogre.
Kyogre's Drizzle caused a storm!
Bronzong used Hypnosis.
Kyogre fell asleep!
The rain continues to fall.

Bronzong - 100% Health.
Kyogre - 100% Health.

---

I'm not sure if this is a ResTalk Kyogre or a Specs-user, either way it's high time to get some screen support going and I can already envision an SD Rayquaza sweep as it's far more feasible than DDTar in the face of a Foretress with Gyro Ball. However, I make a mistake and misclick/lag, forcing me into a second Hypnosis.

---
Bronzong used Hypnosis.
Bronzong's attack missed!

---
Forretress used Toxic Spikes.
Toxic Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
Bronzong used Light Screen.
A barrier was formed!

---
Forretress used Toxic Spikes.
Toxic Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
Bronzong used Reflect.
A barrier was formed!

Bronzong - 100% Health.
---

Those two free turns, I afforded them were risky, but I felt I would be rewarded. With Bronzong, Metagross and Rayquaza all immune to Toxic Spikes and Tyranitar and Deoxys-e carrying Lum Berries (and looking pretty useless this battle, due to the presence of Foretress), the only real loser here is Mewtwo, who can potentially be suffering Life Orb, Sandstorm and Poison damage. Ruh-roh. Well, with both Reflect and Light Screen up, I believe it's time to bring in Rayquaza and wreak some havok.

---
Train Man switched in Rayquaza.
Forretress used Spikes.

Rayquaza - 100% Health.
---

I can either go for a Flamethrower, predict the switch and go with Dragon Claw (to hit either the Groudon or Blissey for some damage) or simply Swords Dance up. I've already been playing a little defensively in setting up the screens, so I figure i'll just go for the obvious move and hope he predicts me picking a 'smarter' attack. If i can remove Foretress from the game, that'll ease up better movement for my Metagross and Deoxys-e, both of whom, can really turn tides.

---
Jam switched in Latias.
Rayquaza used Flamethrower.
It's not very effective...
Latias lost 9% of its health.
Rayquaza lost 10% of its health.

Rayquaza - 90% Health.
Latias - 91% Health.
---

Sadly, he pulls out his Latias, at the same time, practically sending up flares that he's running a Stall Team. There's probably a Giratina(-O) or a ghost-type lurking around, to block the spin, but luckily with Tyranitar, I don't really have too much a problem with them. I'm forced to switch out as I recognise Rayquaza to be my only way of winning, though even that is looking slim from the entry hazards he has already set up. Metagross is my 100% Latias counter, capable of 2HKOing with Ice Punch or Meteor Mash as well as outspeeding it thanks to Choice Scarf. And, if it switches, Pursuit will nail it to the wall.

---
Train Man switched in Metagross.
Metagross was hurt by Spikes!
Latias used Substitute.
Latias lost 25% of its health.
Latias made a substitute!

Metagross - 87% Health.
Latias - 66% Health.
---

Substitute Latias? Probably used to help the process of Stall, while blocking status effects from Blissey and Registeel. I've seen Earthworm(?) use it to great effect during the Smogon Tour and am already a little worried. I'm forced to attack, though i'd be losing the element of Choice Scarf surprise as the Sub practically gives him a free to Recover or Attack while also preventing me from using Pursuit. An unusualish set that looks like it can be very useful. I opt for the Ice Punch as Meteor Mash's accuracy leaves alot to be desired.

---
Metagross used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
Latias's substitute faded!
Latias used Recover.
Latias restored 34% of its health.

Metagross - 87% Health.
Latias - 100% Health.
---

At least, i've forced a switch as he knows that I can outspeed, and with Light Screen and with the tumbling rain, HP Fire won't be doing too much (if he's even carrying that). From what i've seen his too best candidates to switch in, would either be his Kyogre, to take some turns off the Sleeping counter or Foretress to setup up, even more spikes. Rayquaza can threaten and take advantage of either of these pokemon, so I switch it back in, hoping that he doesn't Sub up again. As an offensive team, I need to keep the momentum of the match going in my favour, though with the spikes already set up, the concept of 'free switches' are already looking pretty dire.

---
Jam switched in Shedinja.

Rayquaza - 90% Health.
Shedinja - 100% Health.
---

Well, there's your ghost. A not-too-unusual, but still rare, player in a Stall Team. Once again, I need to preserve Rayquaza as it looks like the only thing capable of hitting his team hard. Fearing the Will-o-Wisp, I know I can't Flamethrower as almost every Shedinja ever carries as a sash. He hasn't seen my Tyranitar yet, so I decide to bring it in and take care of that undead cricket in a single turn. With both a Groudon and a Foretress, Tyranitar doesn't look like it'll be too useful this game, anyway so I think I can afford it to take the burn (as Lum will absolve the Toxic Spikes already on the ground).

---
Train Man switched in Tyranitar.
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
Tyranitar was badly poisoned!
Tyranitar's Lum Berry cured its Poison!
Tyranitar was hurt by Spikes!
Tyranitar lost 12% of its health.

Shedinja used Will-o-wisp.
Tyranitar was burned!
The sandstorm rages.
Shedinja lost 100% of its health.
Jam's Shedinja fainted.

Tyranitar was hurt by its burn!

Tyranitar - 87% Health. Burnt.
Shedinja - 0% Health. Fainted.

6-5
---

Tyranitar's practically crippled now, but one of it's moves still packs power: Taunt. Though mostly death fodder, I know that if he switches Foretress in, I can at least postpone the setup for a while and force it into Gyro Balling. With Shedinja safely out of the way, the game is looking a little brighter. That Groudon is still definitely a problem as it can survive a +2 Dragon Claw from Rayquaza and OHKO back with it's own Dragon Claw. Not to mention that he can simply play around with the resistances of Latias and Foretress to suicide myself with LO Damage.

---
Jam switched in Groudon.
The sun began to shine!

Tyranitar used Taunt.
Groudon fell for the taunt!
Groudon can't use Stealth Rock after the taunt!
Tyranitar's light screen wore off!
Tyranitar was hurt by its burn!

Tyranitar - 75% Health. Burnt.
Groudon - 100% Health.
---

And that move, right there, kept me in the game. Had he been allowed to set up Stealth Rock, Rayquaza's sweep would've been even more problematic than it already was. DDTar saves the day even with its attack cut into two. I notice my Light Screen waring off and seeing as how he's forced into attacking (Earthquake is the obvious choice, here) I go to Bronzong to dodge the move with levitate, while attempting to set up dual screens for the second time this match.

---
Bronzong's reflect wore off!

Bronzong - 100% Health.
---

It seems Jam has the same idea and wants to continue his strategy of setting up entry hazards. This time, I won't mess around with screens and go directly to Rayquaza. I NEED to remove this thing from match, post haste, as its typing and defensive prowess completely wall my Metagross, Tyranitar, Deoxys-e and Bronzong. I return to Rayquaza, as Mewtwo will just be met with the Blissey switch-in, while suffering spikes damage along the way.

---
Forretress used Spikes.

Rayquaza - 90% Health.
---

I'm getting a sense of deja vu. I can foolhardidly flamethrower again repeating my move from last time, or predict the switch to Latias and destroy it with a Dragon Claw. Swords Dance is also an option as Latias is weakened and can most likely be finished off with a +2 Extremespeed. However, I reason that he'll be predicting a move that isn't flamethrower and Explode or Gyro Ball in my face as i'm lacking the Reflect protection I had last time. Mindgames force me into using Flamethrower for the second time, anticipating a non-switch.

---
Rayquaza used Flamethrower.
It's super effective!
Forretress lost 100% of its health.
Jam's Forretress fainted.

Rayquaza - 80% Health.
Forretress - 0% Health. Fainted.

6-4
---

YES! With Foretress out of the way, i've just created alot of wriggle room for more than half of my team and given them all purpose. Had that gone the other way, had he switched his Foretress out, i've no clue how this game would turn out. Groudon and Latias are still, however major threats to me and i'm not sure where I'll be able to get a free SD in. Even then, Groudon can shrug it off and will able to counter-attack with a Dragon Claw. I need to wait and look for an oppurtunity to setup, and even then, I may need a little hax.

---
Jam switched in Latias.

Rayquaza used Extremespeed.
Latias lost 43% of its health.
Latias used Substitute.

Rayquaza - 70% Health.
Latias - 32% Health.
---

After a plethora of 'safe' moves, I decide to regain the momentum and strike hard with an extremespeed. With two layers of Spikes up, I need to tread carefully alot of 3HKOs, may have just turned into 2HKOs. Now that it's 'safely' behind a substitute, I return to Metagross to force that thing out. Again, without the safety of Light Screens and without any SpDef or HP EVs, this Metagross isn't as bulky as the come but luckily, it'll only have to weather a single hit, while breaking the sub.

---
Metagross lost 19% of its health.
Latias used Dragon Pulse.
Metagross lost 35% of its health.

Metagross - 33% Health.
Latias - 32% Health.
---

I can't bear another Dragon Pulse, but I must break the Sub. If he Dragon Pulses again, I can pin it and finish it off with Rayquaza's Extremespeed as i'm sure it does only a little less than 50% damaeg. If he subs again, he's just wasting more hit points and a Recover will just postpone Metagross' Ice Punch from 2HKOing. I go for the Punch, quite sure that he won't be able to do much back (in the long term).

---
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for Latias!
Latias used Recover.
Latias restored 50% of its health.

Metagross - 33% Health.
Latias - 82% Health.
---

Though I broke his Sub, he's back up to a comfortable 82% Health. A switch to Kyogre or even Groudon is obvious, as both can easily take a non-boosted Ice Punch while dishing back OHKO's with their powerful STAB attacks. However as Spikes damage has already proven a pain, I choose to stay in; in the off chance he predicts my switch and leaves his Latias in, I will be able to weaken it enough so that Mewtwo or Rayquaza (with Extremespeed) can take it out in a single hit. Really, any damage on Groudon would be welcome, while Kyogre is fast asleep and thus, setup bait.

---
Jam switched in Kyogre.
Rain began to fall!
Kyogre lost 10% of its health.

Metagross - 33% Health.
Kyogre - 96% Health. Sleeping.
---

Leftovers... It could be a CM ResTalker. Whatever it is, i'm sure that I won't be able to take a hit if it uses Sleep Talk, nor will my Ice Punches do any damage (unless it stays asleep for 25 turns >_>). Bronzong seems like a solid switch in, though Rayquaza can easily take unboosted Surfs as it resists Water and negates the Drizzle boost. Having no choice but to take this oppurtunity to setup, I switch in Rayquaza, praying it's not a 2-Attack ResTalker.

---
Jam switched in Latias.

Rayquaza - 70% Health.Latias - 82% Health.
---

... But he predicted my switch and went with Latias. Last time, I did a very dangerous dance, using Extremespeed as it substituted. Now Rayquaza is absolutely necessary for my end-game and a plan is starting to formulate. Of what he has left, everything is outsped and OHKO'd by a +2 Dragon Claw, (Latias falls to +2 Extremespeed) barring Groudon.

His set, the Supporting Groudon will most likely be carrying Dragon Claw over Fire Punch, but if he using the latter, he will not be able to OHKO Rayquaza anyway. If he Thunder Waves or Toxic's, that will slow my sweep but a +2 Dragon Claw, in conjunction with a +2 Extremespeed should take out the Rock Titan anyway. While, Thunder Wave would cut my speed, I don't think his Blissey has Ice Beam and while Kyogre is sleeping neither are threats. +2 Extremespeed should also enough to down his Blissey in a single hit, ignoring any speed modifiers. However, if he does have Dragon Claw my only hopes in surviving is to setup a Reflect (allowing Rayquaza to only take approximately 30%-40% from Groudon's hit.)

I still have two users of Explosion that will definitely dent Groudon enough to the point that he will not be able to survive a single +2 Dragon Claw, so I don't have to take chances on the moves he is carrying. Setting my mind to the possibility and plausibility of a Rayquaza sweep, I try to ensure that everything goes off without a hitch. That is; setting a Reflect and Light Screen, take out or massively weaken Groudon, and match Rayquaza up against the likes of Blissey or Kyogre, giving it a free turn to Swords Dance.

---
Latias used Dragon Pulse.
Bronzong lost 18% of its health.

Bronzong - 82% Health.Latias - 82% Health.
---

Now that i've got Bronzong in, I can enact Part 1 of my plan; setting up dual screens. With Light Clay, i'll be able to abuse the doubled defenses of my pokemon for 7-8 Turns, as i plan to explode immediately after. I set up Light Screen before Reflect as I want Reflect to last as long as possible for when that Groudon rears it's ugly head.

---
Latias used Substitute.
Bronzong used Light Screen.
A barrier was formed!
---
Latias used Calm Mind.
Latias's special attack was raised.
Latias's special defence was raised.
Bronzong used Reflect.
A barrier was formed!

Bronzong - 82% Health. Latias - 57% Health.
---

As we both set up, we share a feeling of confidence. He's sitting safely behind his Substitute with a boost to both his SpAtk and SpDef, while I have successfully set up my dual screens. I don't think either of us are regretting our choices here, and to break his Sub, while giving me a free switch-in, it is Explosion time. BOOM!

---
Latias used Calm Mind.
Latias's special attack was raised.
Latias's special defence was raised.
Bronzong used Explosion.
A critical hit!
Train Man's Bronzong fainted.

Bronzong - 0% Health. Fainted.Latias - 57% Health.

5-4
---

The Score doesn't reflect but it is definitely late-game and by Exploding right then, the game has basically been forcible shifted to a do-or-die set of upcoming turns. I bring in Metagross to revenge-kill the Latias, though with Spikes damage racking up severely, it is time for a second Explosion. Whatever comes in will certainly perish. I'm hoping for a Groudon but am expecting a Kyogre (especially as Bronzong is gone and thus, the threat of another Hypnosis). As Metagross won't be surviving any kind of it, nor another switch-in, Explosion is really my only option.

---

Jam switched in Kyogre.
Metagross used Explosion.
Kyogre lost 96% of its health.
Jam's Kyogre fainted.
Train Man's Metagross fainted.

Metagross - 0% Health. Fainted.
Kyogre - 0% Health. Fainted.

4-3
---

That went well. Though I have lost the setup fodder that is Kyogre, I still have another 5-6 Turns to abuse my dual screens. I need to lure Blissey in (probably with Mewtwo) and sacrifice it to the residual damages of Sandstorm, Spikes, Toxic and Life Orb, allowing me to bring Rayquaza in for free. With a timer on Rayquaza's ability to take Groudon's Dragon Claw, it is a necessity that I keep up the offensive pressure and ensure that he doesn't stall the remaining time out.

I'm quite sure Jam will bring in his Latias as it can take out my Deoxys, Mewtwo and Rayquaza, while surviving a hit. Not to mention that the two Bulky Steels that were standing in it's way have been put out of play. As such, the only real thing that can pose a threat is Tyranitar whose Crunch should still be able to 2HKO, despite the burn. Not to mention that setting up Sandstorm will be very useful when sacrificing Mewtwo.

---
Train Man switched in Tyranitar.
Jam switched in Latias.
A sandstorm brewed!
Tyranitar was hurt by Spikes!

Latias used Substitute.
Tyranitar used Crunch.
It's super effective!
The sandstorm rages.

Tyranitar - 45% Health.
Latias - 16% Health.
---

Spikes and Burn damage do a great deal to my Tyranitar, but it's Crunch still manages to break Latias' Sub. Speaking of which, with both the Sandstom raging and 25% it lost, making said Sub, Latias is looking pretty worn out and weak. Predicting a switch to Groudon to soak up Tyranitar's Crunches, I try to keep up the offensive by sending in my Mewtwo, hoping to scare it off (or kill it) with Grass Knot. If Blissey comes, I should be able to OHKO myself from all the residual damage going on, with in the length of the Light Screen and Reflect.

---
Train Man switched in Mewtwo.
Mewtwo was badly poisoned by the Toxic Spikes!
Mewtwo was hurt by Spikes!
Latias used Recover.
Latias restored 50% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

Mewtwo - 35% Health.
Latias - 60% Health.
---

Shit, Recover. I'll be taking 28% Damage next turn from Toxic, Sandstorm and Life Orb damage and Ice Beam is obviously the move to use. I hope that he switches to Blissey in fear that Ice Beam will OHKO his near-dead Latias, but i'm not quite sure if it would. Though the Sandstorm damage looks to be working in my favour, and hopefully will psych him out enough to go to Blissey.

---
Jam switched in Blissey.
Mewtwo used Ice Beam.
Blissey lost 15% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

Mewtwo - 17% Health.
Blissey - 85% Health.
---

YES!! While might look like a horrible scenario from a passing spectator, my game plan is falling into place. With only a couple more turns of Light Screen and Reflect, Mewtwo's death will be greatly appreciated. As long as Blissey stays in, everything should be fine.

---
Mewtwo used Aura Sphere.
It's super effective!
Blissey lost 28% of its health.
Mewtwo lost 6% of its health.
Train Man's Mewtwo fainted.
Blissey used Softboiled.
Blissey restored 43% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

Mewtwo - 0% Health. Fainted.
Blissey - 100% Health.

3-3
---

Perfect. With Light Screen and Reflect still lingering (if only for a turn or two), I just might be able to pull this all off. It's time to bring Rayquaza in and lay down the destruction. Here's to hoping Blissey doesn't have Ice Beam and Groudon doesn't have Dragon Claw. While I can survive one or the other, if both are carrying their, Anti-Rayquaza moves, even with dual screens, I won't be ableto survive their combined assault.

---
Jam switched in Groudon.

Rayquaza used Swords Dance.
Rayquaza's attack was sharply raised.
Rayquaza's light screen wore off!

Rayquaza - 70% Health.
Groudon - 100% Health.
---

So I'm guessing his Blissey doesn't have Ice Beam. Though the score says it's 3-3, it's much more like 1-3. Deoxys' only offensive move is Superpower which won't be able to touch his Groudon or Latias, while Tyranitar will only survive a turn or two after Spikes and Burn damage and can be easily stalled out by Latias (through Substitutes) or Blissey as it has had it's attack cut in half. Or really, if Groudon takes out Rayquaza, the Land Beast will be able to handle what I have left.

It's do-or-die, I should be able to survive a Dragon Claw but a Critical Hit or a Thunder Wave (with subsequent, awfully timed fully paralysis') are always a concern.

---
Rayquaza used Dragon Claw.
Groudon lost 79% of its health.
Groudon used Dragon Claw.
It's super effective!
Rayquaza lost 30% of its health.
Rayquaza's reflect wore off!
---
Groudon lost 27% of its health.
Jam's Groudon fainted.

Rayquaza - 20% Health.
Groudon - 0% Fainted.

2-3
---

Reflect lasts just long enough to allow Rayquaza to survive a hit and take out Groudon. It's practically game right now and their isn't much to say. Even now, I can't believe I turned it all around after letting him set up 3 layers of Spikes and 2 layers of Toxic Spikes. Not to mention, not even getting up even a lone layer of entry hazards. The outcome and turnaround was amazing and made for a great and amazing game. With almost nothing left up to 'luck,' this was a battle of skill and prediction.

Great Game JAM!

---
Jam switched in Latias.
Rayquaza used Extremespeed.
Latias lost 70% of its health.
Jam's Latias fainted.
---

Jam switched in Blissey.
Blissey lost 100% of its health.
Jam's Blissey fainted.

Train Man wins!
3-0
---

PROPS
* A late-game plan that was actually successfully executed.
* Little-to-no Hax.
* A burnt Tyranitar still showing it's worth by Taunting and Sub-Crunching.
* Dual Screens and Light Clay saving the game.
* Explosions!
* SD Rayquaza showing off and dominating Teams.
* Offense winning over Stall.
* Both Teams setting up their strategy (Spikes on his part, Dual Screens on mine).

SLOPS
* Deoxys-e didn't get too much action. It usually manages to set up at least 2 or 3 layers of entry hazards.
* Mewtwo being mostly death fodder; It can literally really devestate teams lacking a Blissey.
* Tyranitar not being able to DD up and strut its stuff.

Thanks for reading and just as a little footnote; I pm'd Jam later on Shoddy and asked his permission to write a Warstory. He says it's cool but adds that he's actually an alt. his main/real Shoddy alias is Baris.

Hope you enjoyed that, if you search through my posts, there's a RMT of this team as well and any help or advice would be appreciated.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Heh I love that Mewtwo essentially won you the game without even doing much damage. I loved your thought process, and everytime I read an uber warstory of yours I go off and start playing it :P Great job Train Man :).

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Good job Reflect and Light Screen last a turn longer than they're supposed to on Shoddy :P

Awesome warstory Train Man. You had me excited to see how you were going to pull off the sweep and did not fail to deliver.
I also loved seeing you work yourself out of that potential grave. Seeing a beautiful plan actually succeed is awesome.

great warstory, i really loved the tension you were up against trying to break through his defenses. him losing forry was arguably a bad move, and that along with an SD behind screens won you the game. Not only that but the match was completely luck free with great insight.

lol the 15th train man warstory
always good to hear from

btw how does ur mewtwo set devastate teams again?
it seems to run into trouble against scarf palkia surf/meteor and scarf dialga meteor

or you're not concerned about those 2 at all?

btw how does ur mewtwo set devastate teams again?
it seems to run into trouble against scarf palkia surf/meteor and scarf dialga meteor

or you're not concerned about those 2 at all?
Thats like asking why people use Rayquaza when it has trouble with Lugia...

And um....nice team Jam...<_<

lol
OMG could it be? Jam = TU-Faint?

and also, i dont really follow the Mew2:Scarfers Rayquaza:Lugia analogy
please explain it?

lol
OMG could it be? Jam = TU-Faint?

and also, i dont really follow the Mew2:Scarfers Rayquaza:Lugia analogy
please explain it?
You asked how his Mewtwo could ruin teams when it has two counters.

Having a counter does not prevent a Pokemon from raping teams. Every Pokemon pretty much has at least one counter given that they can only hold one item, and 4 moves. Plus those two counters you listed are not invincible and can be taken out of the game. That leads to Mewtwo pwnage. Train Man never stated his Mewtwo could rape teams even with his counters still in the game.

As usual you do not disappoint Train Man this is without a doubt one of the better warstories in quite a while. Kudos to you have a nice day ^^.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
As usual I enjoy your warstories. Great job with the Reflect, and the whole story in general.

5 stars as usual :D

This is a very good warstory and I always enjoy seeing how the Uber metagame is and how strategic it can be as well as the other metagames in general, good job Train Man!

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, that is definitely team Earthworm, and Rock Polish Bulk Up Groudon is indeed a Earthworm set.

Pretty good match, looks like Earthworm was out in front for most of it. However, I am very aware of the small SD weak if Forry goes down. Still probably the best stall team I have seen in Ubers.

Nice match.

No I'm not Jam...

You're basically saying his Mewtwo is bad because it doesn't "devestate" Dialga and Palkia, and I'm trying to tell you that 1 Pokemon can't do everything.

Great warstory man as all of your others are great.(all uber warstories are great after all)

You are still using the same team lol

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This was a good warstory, I really enjoyed how you outlined the thought process behind each move and, you know, sort of guided the reader through the whole battle.

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Well, that is definitely team Earthworm, and Rock Polish Bulk Up Groudon is indeed a Earthworm set.

Pretty good match, looks like Earthworm was out in front for most of it. However, I am very aware of the small SD weak if Forry goes down. Still probably the best stall team I have seen in Ubers.

Nice match.
i realized that when i saw Forry + Shedinja + Sub Latias, as i remember him using that against Train Man a long time ago. Great warstory Train Man, as usual

This war story was just lovely. Professional quality writing and great thought process. You make the Uber Metagame look overwhelmingly complexed compared to OU and it really lures people into playing Ubers. Great job as always Trainman. ;)

I always try to learn something from warstories, about team building, or how to play offensively. This warstory impressed me very much and from the way you explained every layer of strategy well. Thasnks a lot
and IIRC Baris is one of the best German players, he is in an archived warstory.

I did think that SubLatias was a little familar after seeing EW use it during the Smogon Tour. And all comments are appreciated, Thanks guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)