Offensive Hydreigon outsped by a Metagross?

I was so baffled. I did Fire Blast, they returned with a Hammer Arm(Of all things!) and my Hydreigon has ~half when they're in the red. I'm like, 'Ok, he's either switching out or he sucks.'

He did Hammer Arm again and my Hydreigon died, effectively having me lose the match.

Can someone explain this to me, please? I'm missing something. I have 252 EV's on Speed, naturally. So...? What went wrong? How can I prevent this in the future?

Also, now that I've got myself a good team and I'm playing on Wifi, there sure are a lot of little girls who quit as they're losing. I once got rematched against someone(the odds) and I was winning the second time around(he won the first time) and he left. That bugged me a lot. I forget that I'm 19 and still playing this great game but at the same time, there must be lots of little kids who still enjoy it.
Edit: not quitting, but disconnecting. Quitters are fine.

Ugh, good call. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I had one on that Hydreigon until I found out how useless it is on a mixed sweeper. Not very mixed if you're using one move over and over, eh?

Thanks for the help, I'll just assume that was the case to make myself feel better. At least it was my fault for not predicting it.

I never liked the idea of mixed Hydrigeon myself. Personally I like modest choice specs Hydrigeon. That way you can hit bulky Pokemon you'd outspeed anyway without a speed nature as hard as you can with Draco Meteor and Flamethrower/Fire Blast.

Needless to say mine doesn't fight many sweepers and I like it better that way.

Must have had choice scarf. Also I just used my new hydrgieon today and I foolishly thought I could outspeed a menishoa. However my had life orbs so I will use a choice scarf

so, first turn Hydreigon outsped Metagross, Metagross used Hammer Arm and lowered it's own speed, and then outran Hydreigon the next turn? The only possible explanations for that are Quick Claw or Custap Berry. Or maybe Metagross was Scarfed, and there was Trick Room up? I can't think of any other explanations

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It has to be Quick Claw, as Tyranitarphantom stated. Or Custap Berry, but I don't think that pinch berries are available for BW.

I was so baffled. I did Fire Blast, they returned with a Hammer Arm(Of all things!) and my Hydreigon has ~half when they're in the red. I'm like, 'Ok, he's either switching out or he sucks.'

He did Hammer Arm again and my Hydreigon died, effectively having me lose the match.

Can someone explain this to me, please? I'm missing something. I have 252 EV's on Speed, naturally. So...? What went wrong? How can I prevent this in the future?
Did any activation of an item occur before Metagross Hammer Arm'd again?

Also no, it shouldn't be under TR, since Metagross is naturally slower than Hydreigon.

Scarf Metagross vs. Non-Scarf Hydreigon in TR does make sense. The opponent would have to be REALLY stupid, granted. But a Metagross on a TR team as a "backup" for when TR is gone is possible, I suppose. And he just got forced in prior to TR turns running out.

Really, without knowing any other details of the battle it's impossible to tell. It could be that Gross got the Scarf Tricked onto him, which would make a TR team with a ScarfMetagross hurt my brain less XD

Otherwise, it'd have to be Quick Claw, like Pocket said. It activating could go unnoticed in a fit of "I'MA ROAST YOU" fury.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)