Offensive OU Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just getting into competitive battling and figured I'd post my team here to get some advice. I'm more of an offensive player than a defense one, so that's the team build I'm going for. My team is:

Azumarill
evs: 168 HP | 252 Atk | 4 Def | 84 Spe
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower
ability: Huge Power
item: Splash Plate
nature: Adamant

I choose Azumarill because he's a bulky attacker with good typing and Aqua Jet out-prioritizes everything except Extreme Speed

Talonflame
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
ability: Gale Wings
item: Sharp Beak

Talonflame is an all around good attacker, and with Gale Wings I can KO an opponent or get a Roost in to hold out longer. I went with WoW over U-turn because the effect is usually worth more than the switch out.

Dragonite
evs: 252 atk / 252 spe/ 4 hp
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Thunderbolt
Ability: Multiscale
item: Weakness Policy/Lum Berry
nature: Jolly

Dragonite is my jack of all trades, bulky enough to take a lot of hits, but also capable of doling out serious damage, especially after an WP proc.

Aegislash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Kings Shield
- Sacred Sword
Ability: Stance Change
item: Life Orb
nature: Quiet

Aegislash is here as my special attacker, although given its prevalence in the field I'm on the fence about replacing it with a Special Attack focused Lucario.

Mega Mawile
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Sdef
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Fire Fang
Ability: Intimidate -> Huge Power
Item: Mawilite

Another bulky attacker, Mega Mawile is great in the field with very few hard counters, and can generally live through most heavy attacks thanks to Intimidate.

Greninja
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- U-turn
Ability: Protean
Item: Focus Sash
nature: Timid

My leading pokemon most of the time, Greninja is an MVP and generally forces a switch out, allowing me a favorable set up or a chance to U-turn out. I chose Scald over Hydro Pump for the accuracy reliability and for the burn status attack.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!

TheManlyLadybug

Banned deucer.
I'm just getting into competitive battling and figured I'd post my team here to get some advice. I'm more of an offensive player than a defense one, so that's the team build I'm going for. My team is:

Azumarill
evs: 168 HP | 252 Atk | 4 Def | 84 Spe
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower
ability: Huge Power
item: Splash Plate

I choose Azumarill because he's a bulky attacker with good typing and Aqua Jet out-prioritizes everything except Extreme Speed

Talonflame
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
ability: Gale Wings
item: Sharp Beak

Talonflame is an all around good attacker, and with Gale Wings I can KO an opponent or get a Roost in to hold out longer. I went with WoW over U-turn because the effect is usually worth more than the switch out.

Dragonite
evs: 252 atk / 252 spe/ 4 hp
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Thunderbolt
Ability: Multiscale
item: Weakness Policy/Lum Berry
nature: Jolly

Dragonite is my jack of all trades, bulky enough to take a lot of hits, but also capable of doling out serious damage, especially after an WP proc.

Aegislash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Kings Shield
- Sacred Sword
Ability: Stance Change
item: Life Orb
nature: Quiet

Aegislash is here as my special attacker, although given its prevalence in the field I'm on the fence about replacing it with a Special Attack focused Lucario.

Mega Mawile
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Sdef
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Fire Fang
Ability: Intimidate -> Huge Power
Item: Mawilite

Another bulky attacker, Mega Mawile is great in the field with very few hard counters, and can generally live through most heavy attacks thanks to Intimidate.

Greninja
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- U-turn
Ability: Protean
Item: Focus Sash
nature: Timid

My leading pokemon most of the time, Greninja is an MVP and generally forces a switch out, allowing me a favorable set up or a chance to U-turn out. I chose Scald over Hydro Pump for the accuracy reliability and for the burn status attack.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!
Hi there, nice team! I feel like the move sets could be changed up a bit though. I'll go through it team member by team member.

Azumarill

Looks good, I would change the item to Choice Band, though, for much more power. If you don't fancy being locked into one move, try out Leftovers to heal some HP here and there.

Talonflame

I recommend changing Talonflame to the Choice Band set, you'll get much more out of him that way. Replace Sharp Beak with Choice Band and replace Roost with U-Turn, and you will have a killing machine on your hands.

Dragonite

With Dragonite, you want to take advantage of the Multiscale / Weakness Policy combination. I recommend changing up the moves to match the Weakness Policy DD set, so in other words swap out Fire Blast and Thunderbolt for Dragon Dance and Extreme Speed. Dragonite doesn't have very good Special Attack-you're better off boosting that sweet 140 Attack.

Aegislash looks fine for now.

Mega Mawile

Pretty good here; I would replace Iron Head with Swords Dance, as you're better off doubling THAT MONSTROUS ATTACK TO A FUCKING RIDICULOUS 1356 ATTACK STAT than having super effective coverage on Fairy types, but that's just me I guess.

Greninja

Change the item to Life Orb, you'll get more bang for your buck or whatever that saying is lol. Greninja doesn't need a Focus Sash anyway, you're better off with the extra power. Otherwise Greninja looks good for now.

This team is pretty good, it just needed some tweaking with items and such. Hope I helped, and good luck with the team!

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and since you're new, to join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)