1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Offensive sand

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by CNize, Aug 26, 2012.

1. CNize

CNize

Tyranitar@ chople berry
    brave
    252 hp/64 def/88spdef
    -stealth rocks
    -rock slide
    -pursuit
    -fire blast
    Sets up sand, and hits pretty dang hard. Skarmory switch ins used to bother me a lot until I put on the FB. a special, super effective hit to a Skarm wont feel too great.

skarmory @lefties
    sturdy
    impish
    252hp/232def/24spdef
    -brave bird
    -roost
    -spikes
    -whirlwind
    Standard Skarmory set. Sets up spikes and just walls near every physical threat in the standard metagame. With sturdy, if youre being set up upon, easily live a hit with 1hp and whirlwind them out.

Gastrodon @ choice specs
    storm drain
    modest
    160 hp/60def/252spa/36sdef
    -surf
    -earth power
    -ice beam
    -recover
    Switch into from the politoed lead.
    +1 from a scald, Rain boosted, modest, max special attack, specs, stab, surf. That in fact will fuck some serious stuff up. Not to be messed around with.

Terrakion@ Choice band
    justified
    Adamant
    252atk/4Sdef/252 Spe
    -close combat
    -stone edge
    -x scissor
    -quick attack
    Another sweeper. Not much to say other than, he does work.

Dugtrio@ life orb
    Arena trap
    jolly
    4hp/252atk/252spe
    -EQ
    -stone edge
    -sucker punch
    -Aerial ace
    The reason this guy is on the team is for pesky Infernapes. If you have a better suggestion, I'd be more than willing to listen.

ferrothorn @ choice band
    iron barbs
    brave
    252hp/252atk/4sdef
    -power whip
    -gyro ball
    -bulldoze
    -spikes
    A banded Ferrothorn. I know i have a lot of choiced Pokes but i really love this set. He patches up the holes in the team with his typing. Would a bulky tank set work better?

Any suggestions?
  2. ssraditz94

ssraditz94

you need to make the descriptions longer or a mod will lock this thread. Looking at the team, it seems to be pretty unbalanced as far as the sets go.

1st you don't need 2 CB pokemon. Try switching to a standard Ferrothorn

2nd: Life orb dugtrio is not that good. try a Focus Sash set to trap other weather starters and kill them, which will win you the weather war.

3rd: there are so many better options for a specs pokemon than Gastrodon. if you plan on using Gastro, go with a bulky Toxic Stall set.

If you need help, check out my RMT for ideas. its a hyper offensive sand team like yours. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3471546

Hope that helped
  3. indian

indian

Everything that ssraditz said is true. Give stone edge> rock slide on tyranitar. I suggest on changing gastrodon to jellicent. It is a good check for infernape too since very few run grass knot these days. He also spinblocks and has good synergy with ferro. On that use the set suggested by ssraditz with spikes over sr as u already have tar for that. Also i think that scarf terra will better suit your team and can also check nape.
  4. Bluwing

Bluwing

Hey it would be more fun for us to read, and easier to rate if you added some pictures off your pokemons. Also you should make longer description about your pokemons job, why are they there, and what are they doing to help your team ! :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)