Offensive Skarmory[QC 0/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

[OVERVIEW]
While this may seem a little silly because Skarmory is known for taking physical hits, but with base 80 attack, it's DW ability Weak Armor that raises speed and drops defense when hit by a physical attack, access to Swords Dance and a move from being in the same breeding group as Xatu, this just might work out.

[SET]
Nature:Adamant
Item:Leftovers
EVs:252Atk/252Spd/4HP
Ability:Weak Armor
Moves:
Drill Peck
Rock Slide
Swords Dance
Guard Swap

[SET COMMENTS]
-Drill Peck is a STAB move to hit things hard
-Rock Slide is a type coverage move that hits Dragonite and Salamence hard
-Swords Dance is to boost your attack really high
-If your Defense gets low, you can be fast enough to use Guard Swap to give your Crap defense to your opponent
-If you get fast enough with a Swords Dance or two, you can defeat Skarmory's worst enemy: Heatran

[CHECKS AND COUNTERS]
-Skarmory can finally defeat Heatran
-Latios can OHKO with HP Fire
-Trick Room Reuniclus will screw you
-Can easily defeat Conkeldurr
-Politoed OHKO's with Hydro Pump

I think Roost is more valuable than Guard Swap, and Sturdy should be kept over Weak Armor so you become harder to kill. However, Weak Armor for the speed gain looks interesting.

There is no way in hell you actually used this successfully. Hi, where the hell is Brave Bird, yoU know, that move that already beats Conk without a few Bulk Ups to a pulp anyways?? This is going to take more than a few logs to convince me..

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Oh no... I like the thought of this set, But It cannot be successful. Skarmory has pitiful attack and Rock Slide and Drill Peck don't have Phenomenal Coverage. This Set is Walled by All kinds of Physical Walls, and Guard Swap is only useful in Doubles

I saw you use giga drain tyranitar. on a liquid ooze tentacruel.
you have lost all credibility.

also swords dance skarmory in general is a gimmick, but this just takes it to the next level. horrible coverage with drill peck + rock slide that asks everything (terrakion) to come in and set up on you while you have the ability to hit heatran for like 10% on the switch with rock slide before it roasts you.

So, you took out an offensive Tenta- OFFENSIVE TENTACRUEL?! Like always, logs where the set beats viable sets are what you should use.

Btw, 3HKOing a Scarf Rotom-W after 2 SD's is plain hilarious, and shows how weak this really is.

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
I don't even think there is a need to post on this- unless someone believes this will honestly get passes

252 +2 Atk Skarmory Rock Slide vs 4 HP/0 Def Heatran: 38.27% - 45.06%
3 hits to KO
and your log completley destroyed your case instead of helping it.

You not only need to be @ +1 Speed but to get +2 aswell...lol

Skarm should stick to walling.

Uh, this set doesn't work. Skarmory's usually counters (Magnezone, Rotom-w, Heatran, etc) still beat it regardless and Skarmory should be setting up Spikes, walling threats, not attempting a sweep. There are better Pokemon for this job.

I think you should mention Earthquake in the AC, to hit electric pokes such as Zapdos and Rotom-W that would wall STAB Drill Peck.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Skarmory doesn't have enough offensive power or coverage to attempt a sweep. It's walled by pretty much any vaguely physically defensive Pokemon in the tier, and Weak Armor won't see much use when it's targeted primarily by special attacks. Even a +2 Steel Wing from this set won't OHKO Tyranitar without a Life Orb. If you want a highly defensive Steel type physical booster, use Cobalion instead. It has better power, speed and coverage, and actually has better bulk when both are uninvested.

@Blue Star Skarmory doesn't get Earthquake, and Zapdos and Rotom-W are immune.
@Sour After Guard Swap with -1 Defense it's 57.1%-67.28, and the reason you would stay in would be to give Heatran -1 Defense

I'm sorry for saying this but that set is a gimmick at most and doesn't really deserve to be on-site due to low Speed and Attack and bad coverage.

QC REJECTED 1/3

@Blue Star Skarmory doesn't get Earthquake, and Zapdos and Rotom-W are immune.
NO. FING. WAY.
@Sour After Guard Swap with -1 Defense it's 57.1%-67.28, and the reason you would stay in would be to give Heatran -1 Defense
And take 2 Lava Plumes/ Flamethrowers? No thanks.
There is no hope left for humanity
Let it be known that this made my day.

Edit: and then Sour came along and made this better.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
waterwarrior, you forget to take into account that Skarmory is using an Occa Berry with Drizzle support. :3

Ok so assuming your @+1 Speed:
User sent out Heatran
Skarm used Guard Swap

Next Turn
Skarm used Rock Slide
252 +2 Atk Skarmory Rock Slide vs 4 HP/0 -1 Def Heatran: 57.1% - 67.28%
2 hits to KO

User's Heatran Used Fire Blast
Do i really need to put a calc here -___-
Even @+2 SpD
Face it this set sucks and would be best if you faked insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)