1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Offensive Team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by DragonMaster09, Mar 8, 2011.

1. DragonMaster09

DragonMaster09

This team is meant to abuse Excadrill. setting him up, and eliminating his counters are the top priority. if i can eliminate his counters, i win.

Tyranitar

ability: sand stream
    nature: jolly
    item: life orb

EV distrubution
    hp: 4
    atk: 252
    speed: 252

Attacks:
    Dragon Dance
    Crunch
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake

comments: this is my lead. sets up sandstorm for excadrill. Dragon Dance is my favorite move of all time. best boosting move in the game before 5th gen. raises the 2 most important stats for any sweeper. everyone knows how essential speed and offense are. crunch and stone edge provide unresisted stab coverage. EQ is just too powerful to pass up.

Excadrill

ability: sand rush

EV distribution

Attacks:
    Swords Dance
    Earthquake
    Metal Claw
    Rock Slide

comments: self explanatory. rock slide hits the flying types that might try to come in on EQ. Metal claw will be used whenever possible, meaning whenever EQ and rock slide are unable to hit super effectively, and metal claw is able to hit for at least neutral dmg. metal claw and EQ are the obvious stab. with a sandstorm goin and after using a swords dance, excadrill rips through teams like a chainsaw through bread.

Gengar

ability: levitate
    nature: timid

EV distribution
    special atk: 252

Attacks:
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power - Fire

comments: takes care of the fighting weakness on my team. with fighting types (like conkeldur) on the rise, and also being one of my team's weaknesses, a ghost is mandatory. if i have excadrill out and see the opponent bring in a fighting type pokemon that i believe to have a priority type move, i switch in gengar. i prefer gengar over chandy due to gengars superior speed. chandy may have flame charge to raise speed and shadow tag to lock in the fighting pokemon, but its speed is crippling against anything it doesnt resist. gengar can just outspeed and get the KO. with gengar's counters being dark or steel (bisharp a new gengar counter? lol) i would predict the switch, and use focus blast. even if the opp doesnt switch, focus blast might KO a conkeldur. primeape has 5 more base spec def than conkeldur, and would still take 84%-99% dmg from this gengars focus blast.

Magnezone

ability: magnet pull
    nature: naive

EV distribution

Attacks:
    Substitute
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power - Water
    Explosion

comments: think your scizor can end my sandstorm by takin out my tyranitar? think again. i'll switch to magnezone, sub, then hit with thunderbolt. sub, kill your scizor, and then if u bring in a fire or ground type pokemon, i'll hit it super effectively with hidden power water. explosion is for evo stone chansey. if u bring in a fighting type to hit magnezone, i'll switch to gengar. with excadrill being as good as it is, i can really see scizor usage rising. tyranitar is the best way to set up a sandstorm (since the only other pokemon with the sandstream ability is hippowdown) and scizor is tyranitars top counter.

Gyarados

ability: intimidate

EV distribution

Attacks:
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge

comments: not much needs said. but i'll say it anyway cuz apparently its a "RMT rule". i've already said how much i love dragon dance. after a dragon dance, not much can stop this gyarados with the exception of bulky water types. pokemon like swampert, suicune, and vaporeon are the only ones to have ever stopped my sweep by themselves. and by "by themselves" i mean without the aid of stealth rock dmg and repeated priority moves.

Starmie

ability: natural cure
    nature: timid

EV distribution

Attacks:
    Surf
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Hidden Power - Grass

takes down the bulky waters that would otherwise try to wall my pokemon. water types annoy my gyarados to no end. hidden power grass is to take down swampert, as grass is the only type to hit swampert super effectively. the rest of the moves just provide coverage.

Additional team comments: i built my team based on what is currently considered OU or uber. so no flaming cuz i dont use deoxys or latios or something else that is considered uber by current smogon standards. if for some odd reason u think im wrong about what pokemon is in what tier, go to www.smogon.com. thats the website i use to determine tiers, since thats the site that hosts the simulator i play on.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)