Official "I want to edit an analysis" thread (read first post)

Under Flygon's counter section, add in Porygon2, as it can trace levitate coming in(Neutralizing your most powerful STAB move), easily survive your other attacks, and OHKO back with Ice Beam.

Absol analysis needs remaking. It can be ONLY used as physical sweeper. It other stats are too poor to be anything else. I would suggest the move set like that:

Absol @ Leftovers/Lum Berry/Choice Band*
Shadow Ball
Aerial Ace
HP Fighting
Swords Dance/Rock Slide
*If you use CB, then use rock slide over swords dance.

Absol has AWESOME attack, but it other stats are pretty poor. With this set, it will hit every pokemon at atleast normal damage. It's weak defenses don't allow it to survive long, but he is doing very good while he is on the field. It can 2hko max defense and hp tyranitar without swords dancing.

Other Options:
His speed is poor, so Thunderwave may be usefull. Snatch may be used to stole enemy's dragon dances and stuff like that.

EV's:
Put 4 in hp, and the rest into attack/speed. Use jolly or adamant nature.

Opinion:
Absol is one of the greatest dark type pokemon, but he suffers from lack of speed. If he had decent speed, he would RULE!

Counters:
Hitmon's, and most of pokemon that learn fighting moves. Also most of pokemon that are faster than him and hit pretty hard, for example fearow. Also, you should watch out for Nidoking's Megahorn.

On the analysis they forget to mention Choice Band Qwilfish it's atk is decent so:

Qwilfish (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Selfdestruct
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hydro Pump

CB Mime is pretty sweet.

Mr. Mime (M) @ Choice Band ** Mrs. Mime
Trait: Soundproof
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Focus Punch/Brick Break
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Trick band is pretty much a filler. CB Baton Pass is freaking awesome to see what they switch to (Duggy + CB Pass = roflpwnbbq GG_. Not to mention a Max ATK BreakBall which nothing in the game resists of a not too shabby atk stat.

For one, that set is way to situational, and it has a big chance of not even working at all especially considering Mr. Mime gets killed by nearly all Physical Attacks. If you want to use a Choice Band on Mr. Mime I would do something like a Grumpig set, where you Trick something like Walrein, and then you can set up with CM, or in this case pass to something.

About the CB sets, you can slap a Choice Band on almost any Pokemon with an average attack, but most of those can't do enough with it. Those Pokemon usually also have better things to do. As in this case, Qwilfish suits an UU team better by Spiking and Mr Mime is an awesome CM Passer. A normal Trickmime is worthy of using, but if the Mime in the given set Tricks its CB to something else, it becomes useless.

Also, the CB Absol mentioned should have Quick Attack as an option over Aerial Ace. Absol's CB QA does around 25-30% to most non-resisting UU Pokemon.

CB Mime is pretty sweet.

Mr. Mime (M) @ Choice Band ** Mrs. Mime
Trait: Soundproof
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Focus Punch/Brick Break
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Trick band is pretty much a filler. CB Baton Pass is freaking awesome to see what they switch to (Duggy + CB Pass = roflpwnbbq GG_. Not to mention a Max ATK BreakBall which nothing in the game resists of a not too shabby atk stat.
I'm not sure how to put this, but a 45 base attack does not qualify as "not too shabby"

Absol analysis needs remaking. It can be ONLY used as physical sweeper. It other stats are too poor to be anything else. I would suggest the move set like that:

Absol @ Leftovers/Lum Berry/Choice Band*
Shadow Ball
Aerial Ace
HP Fighting
Swords Dance/Rock Slide
*If you use CB, then use rock slide over swords dance.

Absol has AWESOME attack, but it other stats are pretty poor. With this set, it will hit every pokemon at atleast normal damage. It's weak defenses don't allow it to survive long, but he is doing very good while he is on the field. It can 2hko max defense and hp tyranitar without swords dancing.

Other Options:
His speed is poor, so Thunderwave may be usefull. Snatch may be used to stole enemy's dragon dances and stuff like that.

EV's:
Put 4 in hp, and the rest into attack/speed. Use jolly or adamant nature.

Opinion:
Absol is one of the greatest dark type pokemon, but he suffers from lack of speed. If he had decent speed, he would RULE!

Counters:
Hitmon's, and most of pokemon that learn fighting moves. Also most of pokemon that are faster than him and hit pretty hard, for example fearow. Also, you should watch out for Nidoking's Megahorn.
You do not know the metagame, Absol can do other things besides physical sweeping. Just because his attack is 130 and all of his other stats look downright puny next to it doens't mean he can only do physical sweeping.

He can reach 240 spatk with no +nature, which, in my book, means you can use stuff like Tbolt and IB effectively. He also has Calm Mind, Taunt, Baton Pass, so he can easily CMpass as well. That's why CMpassing is one of his movesets. And "most of pokemon with fighting moves" is too damn broad, since even shit like Blissey and Mr. Mime learn Focus Punch.

In short, you don't know how to analyze pokemon, so please learn up on the metagame before trying to re-vamp an entire analysis just because you have a short attention span and only notice bright attention-grabbing colors.

Speaking of Absol, I've used an EndSalac Swords Dancer to good success in UU. It doesn't even need to reach 264 speed (which it can't, not without a boosting nature), since there are no base 130s in the Underused envirement. After the Quick Attacker is dead, it basically gets a +2 Attack boost and a +1 Speed boost (Swords Dance + Salac). You shouldn't have much trouble sweeping from there.

2nd chance gengar

2nd chance gengar

1. fire punch, or whatever
2. thunderbolt, or whatever
3. Destiny bond
4. Counter
Personality: Bold (increased def., but limiting atk.) @ equipt a salac berry

I like using this as a starter since you'll likely have a heavy physical hitter switched in against gengar since gengar's defense is shotty, then counter for kill after they take you into red zone. Destiny Bond the next thing that comes out. If they decide not to attack that turn, then counter to make yourself slower. Destiny Bond wears off at the start of your next turn. the fillers are for those who refuse to fall for it, then entices them to atk you the following turns. Takes ALOT of prediction, but it is effective none the less

Why look, everything is gone! I spent a load of my free time putting in everything that was cool, and deleted the rest. The new version should be kept tidy more easily. Now all that's left is keeping up with that, and fixing to the guidelines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)