Official MLB 2012 Season Thread

Oh man, I was scrolling through channels during lunch and I went to take a bite so it stopped on First and Ten. It was only there for three or four seconds but it was long enough for me to hear all four idiots on the screen agreeing that Trout is getting lots of publicity because he's white and Cabrera isn't getting the pub a triple crown deserves because he's Latino.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I agree with you, but I doubt he's going to get it. I think both MVP's are going to end in biased tragedies (Cabrera and Posey) over the ones that deserve it (Trout and Braun).
i think cabrera deserves MVP. Just look at the stats.

• 1st in AL in BA (.330)
• 1st in AL in HR (44)
• 1st in AL in RBI (139)
• 2nd in AL in R (109)
• 1st in AL in SLG (.606)
• 1st in AL in OPS (.999)

Keeping it classy in the dirty south.

Not sure about the call but you can't be so dumb as to throw shit on the field.

Yeah, props for the rarely called Outfield Fly Rule. Forgot that one was in the book. Me and my girlfriend (who's a Cards fan) are cracking up. So funny.

But with the shit with the fans... That's fucking belligerent. They should know that the MLB has made teams forfeit for that shit in the past.

At the risk of sounding mega butthurt, I still really hate the new wild card games.

I'm wouldn't be upset at all upset if the Braves got swept in the NLDS to anyone, but the fact that THIS game is going to be Chipper's last is just heartbreaking. I don't care if we come back and win the World Series next year, it just won't be the same without the heart and soul of this team.

The ball being in the outfield isn't why the call was wrong. But yeah, the guy HAS to be under the ball. No clue what the ump was thinking.

The Braves shot themselves in the foot first. We shouldn't forget that. But this is salt in the wound... (+ ruined a potential positive outcome..)

I don't know how anyone can say they don't know about that call. If you look at the replay, the ball was already in between the two Cardinals when the hand was raised. There's no way in hell that that was an infield fly, lol.

Yeah, I posted that immediately afterwards so didn't want to use hyperbole when I could be wrong. I'm sure it was an awful call now.

Intense moment now. Two on, two out, down by three.

The Braves shot themselves in the foot first. We shouldn't forget that. But this is salt in the wound... (+ ruined a potential positive outcome..)
Yeah, trust me, it hurts a lot more knowing that the Braves lost it rather than the Cards winning it.

I think only 2 of their runs were earned? Not to mention that three of them were Chipper's fault.

The ball being in the outfield isn't why the call was wrong. But yeah, the guy HAS to be under the ball. No clue what the ump was thinking.
*I'm writing this message under protest.*

The outfield is part of the problem. It can be in the outfield grass, but not that far deep. The rule is designed to protect the runners from the ball being dropped on purpose and the defense turning a double play. There was no way in hell for a double play to have been turned that far out in the outfield. Thus, camped or not, the infield fly rule should have not been in effect.

And though the call was totally wrong, I am not in support of a redo. You can't give the Braves another shot at it in my opinion. Especially if the Braves get another shot and tie it up. The hell would the Cards feel? Not to mention the pitching used and the extra time needed to play and everything would not be good at all.

But in my opinion, that was a pretty damn good game. It was close throughout, can't wish for more than that in an elimination game. Hoping the next one will be just as exciting.

I disagree, if the infielder had run to the ball and camped it he could have let it drop for a double play unless the third baseman has a noodle arm.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Saunders has a pretty big strike zone to work with......hopefully if/when Darvish loses his command that we get the same!

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sigh, and the sad part about this is that this game won't be remembered as Chipper's last game, it'll be known as the "Outfield Fly Rule Game"

Seriously, I live in Atlanta(didn't go to the game though) and was pissed off I had to wait 20 minutes for the game to continue. First of all, the call was wrong, lets get that. It was called WAY to late, so it shouldn't have been called an Infield Fly. Its Based Loaded w/ 1 out. However, the ump made the call, and idk why the fans were so mad. They were still down 6-3, and a double play, 2 consecutive strikeouts, ANYTHING, could have ended that inning without anyone scoring. THIS CALL DID NOT COST THE ATLANTA BRAVES THIS GAME! What they needed to do was catch the damn ball. 3 errors by the games best defense, with only TWO of the runs being earned (Should be one, the Holiday homer, but w/e). If they catch the ball and not throw it away, they win 3-1, and they wouldn't have to deal with this call and the controversy that follows. The Braves made themselves lose, and now they're using that call as a scapegoat for their horrible play. Maybe, if they didn't leave 12 Runners on Base, they would have won. Maybe, if they didn't go 1-9 with RISP, they would have won. Maybe, if they executed, they would have won. But nope, now we'll hear about this for DAYS.

However, at least Chipper got a hit in last AB, nice way for him to go out. Wish the Cardinals had at least given him some respect before running off the field like they did, but I do understand considering the dumbasses at Turner Field.

Good Luck to the Cardinals, they played better and in the end they won this game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)