Official NBA 15-16' Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dubs are choking away being able to surpass the Bulls record in wins by losing at home to the Wolves lol

(Also two home losses in three games after looking like the Dubs would at least go undefeated at home in the regular season)

The 3-6 seeds in the East(Charlotte, Boston, Atlanta, and Miami) are all separated by 1 game. This is interesting.
As are seeds 7-9 in the West(Dallas, Utah, and Houston). We may see the Rockets as high as 7th or out of the playoffs. We could also see the Hornets getting a 3rd seed and the division one season after picking 10th in the draft.

TBH, I don't like Houston Rockets with or without McHale. They don't have a good defensive work (anybody on the team wants to guard lol) and don't show defensive effort on the court (except against the Clippers on that fateful Game 6). They don't have a offensive system, it's just "pass to Harden" offense and see what happens. And the roster is pretty good, as we can see. I really don't get it and I don't want them on the postseason, because they will be swept on the first series or lose in 5 games.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
any toronto fans see normal powell light it up tonight...solid defender and improving his offensive game. hope he carries this confidence into playoffs especially with demarre on shaky ground

e: he's averaged 15.3 points over April on 55% shooting (54% from the 3!) and he's been playing some v. solid defense. high hopes for this guy

Last edited:

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
any toronto fans see normal powell light it up tonight...solid defender and improving his offensive game. hope he carries this confidence into playoffs especially with demarre on shaky ground
My roommate went to go watch them and had some really good seats (row 10-20 ish). I honestly thought the Nets were gonna win after they scored like 4 pts in the first 8 minutes or some shit lol. But then again, it's the Nets and they fucking suck soooo I guess I'm not surprised that Toronto's third stringers were able to win

Anyways how about curry tonight god damn Oo

amazing basketball I have witnessed tonight...

one of the greatest comebacks by the celtics tonight against miami ; thought I feel like at halftime Miami tanked on purpose after looking at the score of the ATL vs WAS game, lol.

kobe's at 40 rn and Steph Curry has 46 w/ 10 3's that puts him at 30ppg exactly (watching both games atm haha) + 73-9

one of the most historical seasons I have ever witnessed...

Golden State 4-0 Houston, San Antonio 4-0 Memphis, Oklahoma City 4-2 Dallas, Los Angeles 4-3 Portland, Cleveland 4-1 Detroit, Toronto 4-2 Indiana, Miami 3-4 Charlotte, Atlanta 4-3 Boston. Just what I think I guess lol

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Golden state in 4
San Antonio in 5
Okc in 6
Portland in 7

Cleveland in 6
Toronto in 5
Charlotte in 6
Boston in 6

Golden State 4-0
San Antonio 4-0
Oklahoma City 4-2
Los Angeles 4-2
Cleveland 4-2
Indiana 4-3
Charlotte 4-3
Atlanta 4-3

I see the 3-6 and 4-5 matchups in the East being as close as it gets.

Dubs in 4~5: I honestly don't get how Rockets can win a couple of games against GSW. They lacks offense, defense, grit, they lacks everything but Harden. And The Beard are far from brilliant in this season;

Clippers in 5~6: D-Lilla is a thrilla, but Clippers are a deeper team. Blazers will win in Moda Center but tbh they don't have the tools to win a game in Staples Center, unless Lillard goes on fire and stays unstoppable in the game;

OKC in 7: Dallas is a dangerous team and I wouldn't be surprised if they advance to the West Semis. But OKC has the season leader in Triple Doubles. Westbrook is more mature, smarter, more confident, more reliable and especially more cooperative with his teammates than ever. No Dallas point guard will be able to defend it and still have the threat of Durant (which in my opinion will overtake Kobe in NBA history scorers list). For Dallas, their only option is trust on Dirk and in the homecourt.

Spurs in 4: Memphis w/o Gasol and Conley? No fucking way. Spurs will sweeps the series;

====================================

Cavs in 5~6: Andre Drummond will be a juggernaut in the near future. He is strong, he is agile for his size, he is defensively disciplined and he only needs to improve his shots, especially the free throw line. But this will be in one or two seasons, not in these playoffs. The Pistons have no team to beat the Cavaliers in seven games today. They may have in the future, but not today;

Hawks in 6~7: This will be, for sure, the best first round series tied with OKC x Dallas. A fierce rivalry heading face to face a disciplined team defensively wich needs a player with MVP caliber and a promising and young team with a Point Guard who can raise to the stardom. I think Hawks wins the series because they have a better team, but no one can say that playing a playoff game in Boston Garden is easy, right?

Miami in 6~7: I like Kemba Walker. I think he deserves a better roster. I think he deserves a better company than Al Jefferson to lead Charlotte to the Semis or beyound. But dude, Wade is on the other side and he is playing a very good basketball. And we know him, he likes to play big games;

Raptors in 5~7: Yeah, in five or seven games. Toronto is a strong team. Their bodies are ready for the Semis. But we cannot forget Paul George. Pacers aren't the same good team who reached the East Finals twice. But we cannot forget Paul George, the King Fucking Kong. He loves big games like these. In the overall scheme, Raptors gonna win. But like I said before: We cannot forget Paul George.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)