Official NBA 16-17' Season Thread

The Warriors aren't as stacked as they seem anymore. They sacrificed bench depth for KD. Let's just see how that works out for them. Bogut? The team's best rebounder and rim protector? GONE. Festus Ezeli who could come in off the bench and put up boards? GONE. Harrison Barnes? GONE. They were all important pieces.
Dude they also added Zaza and David West on super cheap deals. Besides in the NBA you only need seven or eight quality guys come playoff time. Curry, Klay, Durant, Iggy, Green, Zaza, West, and Livingston is more than enough.

Dude they also added Zaza and David West on super cheap deals. Besides in the NBA you only need seven or eight quality guys come playoff time. Curry, Klay, Durant, Iggy, Green, Zaza, West, and Livingston is more than enough.
Zaza is nowhere even close to Bogut. Neither is David West. Zaza is a roleplayer and a mediocre one at that and David West just isn't the player he used to be. The Warriors are going to miss Bogut but also Ezeli and Speights and Rush. I predict 69 wins. The bench can be the difference maker and they just went from the best bench in the league to one of the worst.

Yeah, but they have the luxury of mixing and matching starters with bench players at any point of the game and still being better than any other team's starters and certainly their benches. Instead of having Curry, Thompson, and Durant clamoring for touches while on the floor all at the same time, maybe you give Thompson a breather and leave Curry with Durant on the floor, then when Klay is ready to come back in, give Curry a breather. That's a significant luxury to have. Btw, Zaza isn't a chump. Maybe he isn't as good of a defender as Bogut, but he still crashes the boards so they didn't lose much.

Zaza could have gotten 15 mil a year on the open market easily, and people are legit mad the Warriors got him as cheap as they did, that's quite a bit of praise for a "mediocre role player." And no one's going to miss Ezeli lmao he only got 2 years 14 mil from Portland. Supposed young and athletic big only getting that in a market where Al Jefferson can get 3 and 30 and guys like Tyler Johnson and Allen Crabbe are getting massive offer sheets? You're really overrating the players the Warriors lost.

Warriors are going to lose more games this year in all likely hood, but that won't be because they have a worse bench it will just be pythagoren win expectation realities and regression to the mean.

leremyju

Banned deucer.
umm ezeli made a really retarded tweet where he said he bought a one way ticket to protland and that they were going to work it out.

also it doesnt help he has a history of injury issues

That's just like you, right Timmy? To retire without any press conference, media coverage, or final game hype. No quotes, no interviews, no signs; just a simple cya when you felt like it. You planned that all along. Only your closest and most hardcore of fans would have already paid this much close of attention to you last season.

I remember back when I was 10, I had a Spurs shirt with your name on the back. I didn't fully understand the scope of your talent and persona, but I'd always wear it to sleep because the colors were nice. Those next few years, I would always remember when the Spurs won yet another championship. I didn't fully understand who you truly were until I was well in college.

I was amazed by your sense of class, humility, and history of consistency. The way you battled your old age, stayed in shape, fit your new roles, adapted to new eras and players. You always stayed relevant regardless of what came and went.

You chose a team and a coach and stuck by the same principles regardless of anything. You're like Jin but as a basketball player. Silent, stoic, extremely skilled, and most of all inconspicuous. You stayed loyal to your team and city whilst never giving the media or fans any reason to think anything would ever change. Money, fame, or ego were never big issues with you despite the fact that you have all the reason in the world to demand more.

You've inspired my later adult life in so many ways by how you carried yourself in the league, and I'm truly thankful I got to see you play in your final game in Atlanta. Kawhi Leonard seems to be the next guy in line to follow your stoic and humble approach to the game. You came in, silently dominated the league, and equally made the most silent of exits; and I believe that's the way I eventually want to exit life itself.

So long, Timothy Theodore Duncan.. Mr. Fundamental, and thank you for teaching me the fundamentals of life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)