Official NBA 16-17' Season Thread

I've also been saying that Jokic and Oladipo were the two most overrated players in all of fantasy all offseason
His frontcourt mate, Nurkic, was always the better value (even after his ADP started skyrocketing in October, holy fuck). Got him in a couple leagues so that eases the pain missing on Embiid. Still think Denver can support two quality fantasy relevant bigs. On an IRL note: if they stay healthy and Mudiay shows improvement, they can be a nice sleeper pick for playoffs next year.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
His frontcourt mate, Nurkic, was always the better value (even after his ADP started skyrocketing in October, holy fuck). Got him in a couple leagues so that eases the pain missing on Embiid. Still think Denver can support two quality fantasy relevant bigs. On an IRL note: if they stay healthy and Mudiay shows improvement, they can be a nice sleeper pick for playoffs next year.
My first draft was at the very start of October, so I was lucky enough to get Nurkic in the 100s before he was even announced as starter. Denver looks promising both irl and in fantasy

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Huh, looks like two players with career below averages in three-point shooting are suddenly capable because of one regular season game against a defense we have no idea of in terms of ranking.
it is objectively surprising to see a player make more than half the number of triples that he made over the entirety of last season in one game

Last edited:
Is that including the playoffs?

I'm not saying it isn't surprising but wait more than the first game of the season. Sheesh. It's about averages. Not shock factor.

Also, they were 37% from two. Yet, 44% from three. I'm not a rocket scientist but that speaks more volume if you know anything about true shooting averages.

Last edited:
Is Larry Bid ruining the Pacers or am I just impatient?
impatient.

he made reasonable decisions (outside of signing jefferson). wanting to play up tempo is simply keeping up with today's times.

my thoughts on the warriors: do they need adjusting? absolutely, but so far they aren't as dominant as last year's team. their shooting is atrocious and i can't help but feel thompson/green feel alienated in the offense. they iso way more than they ever have since mark jackson.

bulls: three-point shooting isn't why they're 3-0. their backcourt gets a ton of steals and their bench play has been solid. they pretty much play traditional and big. we'll see how it continues.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
the rain continued to pour around me, soaking the trenches, soaking my muddy gear. shots were going off all around me, men falling, screaming in anguish. i looked around, surveying the battered remnants of my team. my men continued to fire, but their shots were going astray. "impossible," i gritted my teeth. "how can people take that many shots and keep missing?!" the enemy line came closer and closer, felling men right and left. "this is it," i thought to myself, smiling bitterly in despair. i closed my eyes, and prayed for a quick death....

BAM!

my eyes shot open. one man jerked back as blood sprayed in the air. he had been shot, but by who?

BAM! BAM!

i turned my head as more of the enemy fell, and made eye contact with my saviour. he advanced slowly, his shots continuing to connect from long range. "you finally made it," i gasped, tears running down my eyes. "i thought you were lost...i was ready to drop you for sean kilpatrick."

Dario Saric ran over and helped me up amidst the gunfire. "trust the process, tokyo tom," he smiled, as we rejoined the fight.

Russ = first trip-double since Oscar Robertson but Dame Lillard gets mvp. too many players/people dislike westbrook. I don't blame them. Always hated westbrook and hoping he get injured even though injuries are bs

I know it's early, but I'm just going to say it:

Golden State aren't a shoe-in for a championship. Hell, they're not even a shoe-in for the finals or conference finals.

You have to wonder if the signing of Durant is a case of.. possibly not adding as much value in comparison to the cost? They essentially had the most efficient shooting in NBA history and the most efficient shooting player ever. And you go and get... another shooter. Another scorer. At the cost of rebounding, defense, depth, and a bench. You add something you were pretty much already #1 in. Call it a case of diminishing returns, because every Durant shot takes away every other shot Curry or Klay took.

Was it worth it? We'll see, because so far, they look worse than last year's team. Adjustments can obviously change this, but what exactly is this team's ceiling if they're getting blown out or struggling with the bottom tier teams?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)