Official NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

The Magic won't be bottom east tier just yet. They did give Pacers great games last year without Howard. That's not playoff material but it isn't last year's Bobcats either.

Same thing for the Suns. Give them some credit.
Who in the west do you honestly think is worse than the Suns? I can see an argument for Orlando but not for Phoenix.

Goran Dragic is a legit point, but he's no steve nash. Phx is just a bunch of overpaid role players. It's gonna be ugly for at least two seasons.

I see Mavs at 10. Somebody here won't agree.
I do not agree with below .500 because it seems unlikely. This roster is better than last season's and last season was close to a worst case scenario so long as Nowitzki still has his legs. Either way I got 11 50 win seasons in a row out of this team, I am not going to be upset if this is the season the playoffs run finally stops. No one else but Spurs or Lakers fans have been this lucky the last decade.

West
2. Lakers - Getting a number one seed is meaningless to these guys. The rings are what they want.
I disagree. If they want to win vs Thunder in WCF, they shouldn't let the homecourt advantage go to them. Also, Wolves at 9? A starting 5 of Rubio/Love/Kirilenko/Pekovic/random SG deserves more than that. Too many people are high at Warriors, I won't be surprised if their top 3 players (Bogut/Curry/Lee) won't be palying together that much.
The Magic won't be bottom east tier just yet. They did give Pacers great games last year without Howard. That's not playoff material but it isn't last year's Bobcats either.
They also lost Anderson, their second best player last year. After that fucking Howard trade, they deserve to be in the bottom...
I do not agree with below .500 because it seems unlikely. This roster is better than last season's and last season was close to a worst case scenario so long as Nowitzki still has his legs. Either way I got 11 50 win seasons in a row out of this team, I am not going to be upset if this is the season the playoffs run finally stops. No one else but Spurs or Lakers fans have been this lucky the last decade.
I agree and...
http://82games.com/futility.htm

Dirk answering twitter questions.

Dirk Nowitzki ‏@swish41
“@Hannah_Lukken: @swish41 what's your favorite color? (we have the same birthday)”. Blue and green

Dirk Nowitzki ‏@swish41
“@labobz23: @swish41 What would you be if you weren't a basketball player?” rockstar or painter

Dirk Nowitzki ‏@swish41
“@jacqbushnell: @swish41 Biggest fear? Spiders?” I hate cockroaches

Dirk Nowitzki ‏@swish41
“@kalalwan: @swish41 what did you do with your first NBA paycheck?” put it in the bank

Dirk Nowitzki ‏@swish41
“@lucasherzog97: @swish41 Who's the best player you ever faced in the NBA?” Kobe gave us 63 pts thru 3 quarters one yr

Dirk Nowitzki ‏@swish41
“@HadeelRadaydeh: @swish41 how do you spend your Sunday afternoon?”. Chillen

Dirk Nowitzki ‏@swish41
“@dont_eicHACKER: @swish41: what do u do for shooting drills?”. Shoot from everywhere

Dirk is chillen.

Vein people can rank things however they want. Series wins is fine, but is precisely not what I was espousing. The Mavericks have been so consistently successful that it has been the most enjoyable non-Spurs non-Lakers experience in my opinion. Obviously being a Heat fan right now or Celtics fan the last few seasons have had more consistent ceilings, but you over the last decade I disagree. The Mavericks never had to suffer through clinging to a player like Michael Beasley or any of the disasters the Pistons have tried yet. It is coming, but 11 years straight is a remarkable run and has been super fun.

Damn it. JaValee McGee posted a picture on his twitter of his weight. He now weighs 273 lbs.

AND HERE I THOUGHT HE WOULD FINALLY HAVE A GREAT YEAR

Give McGee a break. I heard he has some sort of mental illness. He's doing great basically with his life.

On other note, if Lakers get Barbosa, that will be a hell of a team.

Give McGee a break. I heard he has some sort of mental illness. He's doing great basically with his life.

On other note, if Lakers get Barbosa, that will be a hell of a team.
Because it's not a hell of a team already and Barbosa is what would get them over the hump <_<

and I have been busy so I am not paying attention to the offseason stuff but Barbosa for what, the Lakers? pretty sure Byrne was being glib and saying they are already a hell of a team and that Barbosa's impact would be more negligible than could be thought

The Lakers already have to figure out sharing the ball between Nash, Kobe and Dwight, you really think they're gonna add another old/aging player who needs the ball in his hands to be effective? Just because he's played with Nash in the past doesn't get him on the roster. Besides we're already maxed out (roster) and probably gonna drop a player to retain flexibility for midseason trades, etc.

Barbosa would be a great addition since we don't have any backup SF or any scoring off the bench besides Jamison. I don't know if he would play for the veteran minimum though.

Barbosa would be a great addition since we don't have any backup SF or any scoring off the bench besides Jamison. I don't know if he would play for the veteran minimum though.
Barbosa won't be able to fill in the backup SF role unless you mean to shift Kobe to the SF while Barbosa is on the floor.

It's clear, Mitch mind****ed Cuban with the Odom/TPE deal... but months and millions of dollars later he realized he got played by us. He mad.

He thought he was getting Deron and Dwight, and now he has Darren Collison and the 2006 Clippers frontcourt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)