1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Official NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by -RatCheesy, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Nozizaki

Nozizaki

Jameer should've made the easy one at the end of regulation. It was great game from a neutral stand point, however.
  2. Phadunk

Phadunk

Yeah he made it harder on himself.

And it's so funny how the Magic went away from what was working for them.. driving to the hole. J-Rich had like.. 4 wonderful layups when he was cutting to the basket without the ball.

Exciting game though.
  3. jrrrrrrr

jrrrrrrr wubwubwub
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

lol Big Baby frontrimming a shot, what a surprise. Thank god the Celtics traded him away.

Clippers miracle series continues
  4. -Tsunami-

-Tsunami- ¡YA HA!
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner
    Mentor

and Gay misses the lost shot again
    oh well
    im surprised we even made it close after failing that badly in the 4th quarter...
    as long as we take game 4 though it'll all be good...not another choke please x.x
    but w/e, at least it makes the series interesting...we need more of those
  5. Phadunk

Phadunk

No idea why they went for the 3.. Conley could have drove the lane right when he took the ball up.. wasn't pleased with that ending. But Gay was awesome at the end.
  6. -Tsunami-

-Tsunami- ¡YA HA!
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner
    Mentor

it's because the grizz rely on Gay at the end of every game to be clutch...and it doesnt work out most of the time.
  7. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

backdoor sweep let's go :D
  8. DerrickRose

DerrickRose

Dallas has made the most threes they've made all series and they still have trouble.

Luck.

Meanwhile, my trust in the Grizzlies has definitely waned. The Clippers aren't a team you want to go clutch-for-clutch with since they have Chris Paul. Grizzlies may only have a chance in this series now if they're already comfortably ahead.

I've seen both Bass and Big Baby now in a Magic uniform and I have to say, there is no way Bass would have done what Baby has done in this series. At all.

I don't know if it's system, but Big Baby is awesome.
  9. YTP

YTP

JAMES

HARD

EN THE MOTHAFUCKIN PAINT
  10. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

they're different players. Bass is a 6'7 PF, Davis is 6'9, but those 2" make a big difference when you're playing center
  11. DerrickRose

DerrickRose

12. The Diverman

The Diverman

I really thought Dallas was going to win before the 3rd Qtr., but James Harden took the game over. If he doesn't get the 6th man award this year, than there is something wrong.

Also, sorry Darkie. :(
  13. Ouro

Ouro

Damn it to hell I was hoping for a seven game series
  14. Stallion

Stallion I get so much action, my name should be a verb
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Fear the Beard.
  15. -Tsunami-

-Tsunami- ¡YA HA!
    Mentor

i never thought that 76ers vs bulls would end up taking longer and being more interesting than mavs vs. thunder x.x
  16. CaptKirby

CaptKirby

Nothing I said was remotely wrong, get over your petty self DickassRose.

(gee hard to see that either team could have been up 2-0 after the first two games, and whichever team that was would have won the series...the first two games' results were RANDOM, what came next was much more predictable)
  17. DerrickRose

DerrickRose

Take a joke sonnnnn.

Anyway, my post-series thoughts on the Mavericks..... they still can't guard anybody on the perimeter. The same reason they get killed in any series for the past 5-6 years that isn't 2011.

Dirk wasn't constantly turning the ball over for any reason other than the physicality he was facing. The team can't seem to punish people anymore for double teaming Dirk as much as they did in the prior year. I believe darkie touched on this awhile back. Dirk was notably frustrated with Perkins and Ibaka all throughout the series.

The Thunder's defense has improved. Their speed is mighty impressive.

Westbrook has improved offensively from the perimeter. How well will it hold up though? I have my doubts still, but he's clearly grown in some ways.

The one time Carter doesn't kill a team's chances in the playoffs, they get swept. That guy is still a friggin' cancer even if he played great defense in spurts.
  18. CaptKirby

CaptKirby

Yes, making a GIGANTIC needless insult is a "joke". Come the fuck on.

I do not know about Westbrook having grown after these last two games. It was more of the Mavericks being unable to defend both Westbrook at Durant at once and choosing who to let beat them.
  19. DerrickRose

DerrickRose

Those took me like 3 minutes.

And I think Westbrook improved in his jumpshooting at least.
  20. Byrne

Byrne

lol mavs derp

A little disappointed in the Grizzlies. I think the Clippers have a firm grasp on this series now.
  21. Vein

Vein

(At this minute, my former team in Philippine Basketball Association which is B-Meg is down 1 in the 7th game of the Finals, 14.7 secs to go... Hopefully they win this. Means big money for me - BONUS! update: We won in OT!)

Oh, LOLMAVS... Go on chasing Howard and Williams. Thunder are just LUCKY to meet them in the 1st round, right CK?

Lots of maturity shown by Mi Thunder including the coaching staff. Just trusted The Beard, despite having KD and Russ in there. Next up for revenge list, the Lakers...

Grizz can still win this. I need them for those Spurs.
  22. Phadunk

Phadunk

James fucking Hard-on.

What a beard performance.
  23. CaptKirby

CaptKirby

Vein the Thunder were unlucky to meet the Mavericks. The first two games had random results, they could have been down 0-2. If they had faced the Nuggets or Blazers they would have cruised instead.

The Thunder coaching is a mess lol

If the Sixers manage to lose this game I will actually be embarrassed for them...

Rose who said anything about time, I said gigantic. You seem to be losing your memory since you do not know what either a joke or size entails.
  24. Gabe

Gabe

"Random results", don't be a sore loser. The Thunder are a better team than the Mavs, plain and simple. You don't get swept in four games and try to deny that.

On another note.
    [​IMG]
  25. DerrickRose

DerrickRose

Your excuse for random first was poor three-point shooting, but they've been doing it all series.

Then it was turnovers but it's been happening all series too. It's called defense.

Not sure if the Derek Fisher thing was a joke, but even he's done well the next 2 games after you said that.

So what else was random?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)