Official NBA 2012-13 Season Thread

Last season is completely over at this point, and the preseason is about to start, so I figured it's time to get this new thread started.

And who better to start the thread than me?! ;)

Some things I'd like to open the thread with is some preseason rankings and the like. ESPN's Power Rankings were released a few days ago:

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings/_/year/2013/week/-1

Does anyone agree that it's valid to crown the Lakers as the best team in the West already? I'm not so sure.

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to this season! And I am, of course, looking forward to the inevitable arguments with Capt. Kirby too ;)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
First post woooooooo.

Also Lakers belong in the top 2-3 teams but it remains to be seen whether my boys can usurp the Thunder. I'm so damn keen for the season though, first football and now basketball back - my life is complete again <3.

nope no matter what CK says the lakers are the no.2 team in the west until they take out the thunder / the thunder don't look so hot .-.

also watch out for the celtics! C. Lee + Jason Terry + a strong draft. They could make some noise.

so could my hawks

nope no matter what CK says the lakers are the no.2 team in the west until they take out the thunder / the thunder don't look so hot .-.

also watch out for the celtics! C. Lee + Jason Terry + a strong draft. They could make some noise.

so could my hawks
who? what? i thought this was an nfl team???????????

lol.

Considering CK legitimately despises the Lakers its surprising that even he would admit it after these trades

Is anyone else more excited for this season than the last few seasons?

Reloaded Boston, Heat with two good shooting guards but still lacking a good point guard, Bynum in Philly, a better Knicks team, stronger Nets, improved Pacers, return of Derrick Rose, a more balanced ECF in general. Interested in seeing how the Heat fare this time around.

I can't wait for the first Lakers vs Clippers game. And Rubio's return to the Wolves. I just hope everybody stays healthy.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The Lakers are the #1 team in the league, not the #1 team in the Western Conference.
As a Laker fan...I disagree. Brokeback Howard has me concerned and Nash and Bryant are old(er). Still, can;t count them out.

Actually, I'm a bigger fan of the red, white, and blue. They made some interesting offseason moves, one of which I hope turns out for the best after an atrocious season before. Still, dynamic duo of jukes and nut sack to your face (hi Gasol!) dunks makes for some fun. i.e. Watch your back Lakers!

As a Laker fan...I disagree. Brokeback Howard has me concerned and Nash and Bryant are old(er). Still, can;t count them out.

Actually, I'm a bigger fan of the red, white, and blue. They made some interesting offseason moves, one of which I hope turns out for the best after an atrocious season before. Still, dynamic duo of jukes and nut sack to your face (hi Gasol!) dunks makes for some fun. i.e. Watch your back Lakers!
Wait, you're a fan oh the Lakers AND Clippers?

Isn't that basically like being a fan of Ohio State AND Michigan or something?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If I said I was a Laker and Celtic fan, I think that argument would hold. As it is, I've always gone for the underdog Clippers (bad management and all). And then as I grew older, I found out I had no beef with the Lakers. Besides, I'm an Angelino: gotta support the teams from my hometown!

(Angels don't count in my book)

(I like Spongebob, but every time I see Patrick, I want to curbstomp his face)

The Lakers have four starters who were ranked in the top 20 of the NBA. The Clippers had two (Paul and Griffin). I like the Clippers too, but I still think the Lakers are better. Clips definitely got a better bench though.

I'm not worrying about Howard's back. He's been looking good in the team scrimmages.

Considering CK legitimately despises the Lakers its surprising that even he would admit it after these trades
"Admit it"? Not only do I do not have any need to admit anything because I never make claims based on bias - I root based on bias, and I am certainly not rooting for the Lakers - but there could not possibly be anything to admit, I am supporting the minority stance. Get over your ego trip, not everyone twists sports, some of us just enjoy them.

You've never made claims on bias? Allllrighty lol ill save the argument and just stop it right there... I also like the little ego jab in there like you didnt type that from the pedestal you picture yourself on

"Admit it"? Not only do I do not have any need to admit anything because I never make claims based on bias - I root based on bias, and I am certainly not rooting for the Lakers - but there could not possibly be anything to admit, I am supporting the minority stance. Get over your ego trip, not everyone twists sports, some of us just enjoy them.
Never has something more hilariously ironic/hypocritical been said.

You've never made claims on bias? Allllrighty lol ill save the argument and just stop it right there... I also like the little ego jab in there like you didnt type that from the pedestal you picture yourself on
I made a power ranking something like the start of April (Howard- Spurs>Thunder>Heat>Bulls>Lakers>Celtics, I believe was the order - that had 4/4 of the teams to make the final 4. Is that magically hard to make that list? No, of course not, although people were shoving Celtics aside for the Pacers, shoving the Lakers aside for the Clippers or Grizzlies (despite both being utterly awful last season). I never claim shit all off biases. I care about statistics and accurately assessing everything, that is what I am about. And fuck it, you know how many people can still claim being "more right" than me? People who picked the Heat to win it all since I was on the Spurs to win it all and arguing for that passionately. The only people I am better than are people who paint distorted pictures for their own self gratification.

Fuck fanboying, always :)

I made a power ranking something like the start of April (Howard- Spurs>Thunder>Heat>Bulls>Lakers>Celtics, I believe was the order - that had 4/4 of the teams to make the final 4. Is that magically hard to make that list? No, of course not, although people were shoving Celtics aside for the Pacers, shoving the Lakers aside for the Clippers or Grizzlies (despite both being utterly awful last season). I never claim shit all off biases. I care about statistics and accurately assessing everything, that is what I am about. And fuck it, you know how many people can still claim being "more right" than me? People who picked the Heat to win it all since I was on the Spurs to win it all and arguing for that passionately. The only people I am better than are people who paint distorted pictures for their own self gratification.

Fuck fanboying, always :)
I'm a fucking monster.

Gossip, gossip, nigga just stop it
Everybody knows I'm a mothafuckin' monster
I'mma need to see your fuckin' hands at the concert

I'mma need to see your fuckin' hands at the concert

LOL @ the stars of NBA's anti-flopping video.
http://www.nba.com/official/

Reggie Evans, Tony Parker, Dwayne Wade, Chris Paul, some scrub from Boston, and Danilo Gallinari.

That Gallinari one was so pathetic.

Notable omissions: Manu Ginobli, James Harden, Paul Pierce, Derek Fisher, LeBron James.

Forgot Bosh. Huh, Miami's big three all flop. I wonder how this season will impact their game.

know who else has flopped?

EVERYBODY IN THE NBA EVER

stop being an idiot.
Ad hominem attacks are a poor defense to an argument. You're still a kid, so I guess that's understandable.

I don't think that's true, but even if it is very few of those players have that attached to their careers the way Wade does, for example.

Ad hominem attacks are a poor defense to an argument. You're still a kid, so I guess that's understandable.

I don't think that's true, but even if it is very few of those players have that attached to their careers the way Wade does, for example.
that wasn't even a fucking argument. it was a factual statement and then a blow to your outrageous stupidity. big difference, kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yztalYQQkjs

^there's your idol with some real nice acting. OMG KOBE'S A FLOPPER FINE HIS FUCKING ASS, PATHETIC SON OF A BITCH

so much idiocy from NBA fans, it's embarrassing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)