Official NBA 2012-13 Season Thread

Well I thought that one of Mayo and Collinson would work out really well (since they have both played at really high levels at one point), but if both work out the Mavs season may turn out pretty nice after all. 17 minutes into one game is not enough to tell, but this feels nice so far.

Yeah I have to agree. I love fresh starts to the season, old faces new places.

Also.. WHAT THE HELL!? LAKERS AREN'T AUTO-WINNING?

I don't think the Princeton offense thing works. A team with Kobe, Dwight, Pau, and Nash should not be under 50 at half-time. It's a shame the Lakers don't have a better coach...

Nash at 2 assists lol. So much for this Lakers Princess offense. They should get back to basic P&R... and defense is tooooo soft

The Lakers are doing really well in ball movement but they need to work on their defense. Some of these shots the Mavs are making don't even look like they're being contested.
Notably, Kobe hasn't touched the ball much.
You should happy about this!

Sorry guys I forgot how bad Mike Brown was at offense when I was rating the Lakers so highly this preaseson. I still think Lakers should make a conference championship on D alone once they get their crap together, but they are 110% not winning a championship with Mike Brown as a coach.

You should happy about this!
I'd prefer for Kobe or Dwight to be dominant. Neither of them or Nash look comfortable out there.

Also, it's opening night guys. Let's not get carried away.
Yeah, I wasn't expecting much anyway.

Sorry guys I forgot how bad Mike Brown was at offense when I was rating the Lakers so highly this preaseson. I still think Lakers should make a conference championship on D alone once they get their crap together, but they are 110% not winning a championship with Mike Brown as a coach.
Should at least wait til January to make your final judgement. You have to take a lot of things into consideration.

Where the hell is Dwight on D? Pau looks like the only starter that's got it together.

EDIT: Just want to say Capt. Kirby, I would not be sad if Brown got replaced.

New teams often take a good month to get their team together. January is a bit late though, they should be gelling sooner than that, Dec. 15th at the latest.

Steve Nash only has 5 points and three assists. Darren Collinson has 16 points and four assists. Something is wrong with this coaching.

I know it's a new team and all, but this entire game was just painful to watch. The first quarter wasn't too bad, but everything after that was awful. It's been said, though, only one game.

Lol at Howard fouling out. Perfect.

Like Capt Kirby said, if they're still losing like this in December then I'd start growing worried. I was half-expecting them to lose anyway. The starters only played one preseason game, after all. I just hope they dont get discouraged or annoyed. Also, I think Mavs still look capable of getting the sixth to eighth seed with Dirk. Sorry Wizards.

Oi..that game was really bad, except for Pau. Dwight fouled way too much, Kobe and Nash didn't seem like themselves tonight, our bench didn't really contribute at all...

I really hope LAL improves, otherwise this season is gonna be painful to watch.

For those waiting for these Lakers to improve, it won't happen as long as Brown is the coach. I've never seen Nash this lost in offense before, or it could be the hair is bothering him.

And if you have Howard rage-quitting on the first game, just fire the coach.

I smell Phil

After re-watching the game, I liked what I saw of the first and some of the second quarters. Considering that they've only played one full preseason game together and coming off of some bad injuries (all three), I'm not all too disappointed with the Lakers last night. Mike Brown has little room for error, but he wasn't that bad last year. I'm hoping that Steve Nash's knowledge as a point guard is more than enough to make up for Mike Brown's incompetence at offense.

"Eddy Curry dominated us in the paint" - Mike Brown, 2012.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)