Official Nintendo Pokemon Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to hear these warstories, especially zerowing's/PBB's since I talked to him on aim a little bit/had a few practice battles with respectively. I also hope Jeps/PsiUmbreon were chosen in the raffle and ended up making Top 8. I can't wait for the NY one.

Also, will the warstories be posted in Stark or Congregation so I'm ready to start reading them right when they're done?
PsiUmbreon didn't make it, lost in round 4 (extremely close, too) >_<.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
PsiUmbreon didn't make it, lost in round 4 (extremely close, too) >_<.
Aw, that sucks to lose in round 4 when your one match away from going to Orlando.

I still have to come up with nicknames for all my Pokemon. I was thinking maybe I should name my Pokemon after which smogoner they resemble?

PsiUmbreon lost in round 4 to one of his friends. Really, that's what I'm most afraid of. Me and all my friends are trying to get in as alternates. If we all got in the top 9 somehow, that'd be perfect. But sure enough, we'd have to face each other sooner.

I lost in round 2 to a fellow Smogoner. It was really a shame. There were people who got past that round who didn't really understand IVs but I was paired with someone from this very thread. It was close-ish but I really predicted very badly despite an early advantage.

BlueCookies

-Waiting for another "Nintendo Pairing Theory"-

Anyway, that sucks for those of you who had to play other Smogon members/Friends and lost because of it.

Where could I find the videos of the Senior division finals and Junior Division finals? I checked Youtube but I couldn't find them.

BlueCookies

Don't worry, I taped the senior finals, and I'm trying to upload them now as I finish my warstory. ;)
Sweet, I'm also interested in watching the Juniors, since one of their teams was designed by TheMaskedNitpicker so I am curious to watch that match too.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can't wait to read some of these warstories, and watch the vids/see pictures :)

Why can't England get an official tournament :(

BlueCookies

Hmm.... You mother fucking (BAN ME PLEASE)s can suck my cock. This forum has no fucking rules. Except for the gay "No uber in your party" rule. So SUCK MY COCK YOU SMOGON ASSHOLES!!!
hmm... lol

I saw the first video, stupid Dynamic Punch glitch <.<
That seemed like a dumb way to do things though, couldn't they see eachothers moves, or were there two TV's placed where neither player could see the others TV?

BlueCookies

i saw your vids your dusknoir can take a hit even after a crit surf.
That was zerowing's Dusknoir. I'm entering NY CK, I posted so in the Meetup thread in Congregation, but that was a month ago. I suppose I'll post in it again now that it is revived.

Well, I do not exactly know you BlueCookies! and I am not going to have a smogon shirt or anything, but I will post pictures here of what I will look like I guess

Shame my parents are pissed at my grades so i wont be going to NYC :(. And i spent so much time breeding my team too. Good to everyone there

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I saw the first video, stupid Dynamic Punch glitch <.<
It's probably Diamond and Pearl that have the glitch. I get the feeling they intentionally fixed No Guard for PBR. I wouldn't be surprised if Platinum worked the same way.

PBB, thanks for posting the videos. I can't believe that out of the three people I coached for the tournament, one came in first in the senior division and another came in first in the junior division. I feel like the man behind the scenes! Makes me kinda proud.

I only wish I could make it down to Orlando to see the finals.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing as far as the glitch was concerned. Because Protect is supposed to PROTECT you, not have moves go through it(forget about Feint :P).

You coached the winers? No wonder they won. :p

BlueCookies

It's probably Diamond and Pearl that have the glitch. I get the feeling they intentionally fixed No Guard for PBR. I wouldn't be surprised if Platinum worked the same way.

PBB, thanks for posting the videos. I can't believe that out of the three people I coached for the tournament, one came in first in the senior division and another came in first in the junior division. I feel like the man behind the scenes! Makes me kinda proud.

I only wish I could make it down to Orlando to see the finals.
That is possible, I never thought about it that way, but there's no way to know for sure whether it's a glitch in PBR or D/P until Platinum comes out.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing as far as the glitch was concerned. Because Protect is supposed to PROTECT you, not have moves go through it(forget about Feint :P).

You coached the winers? No wonder they won. :p
I was thinking the same thing, lol.

I'm still so confused about how you only needed to win 3 rounds to top 8 in LA. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but it started at 128 people, after round 1, 64 are left. After round 2, 32 are left. After round 3, 16 are left, and after round 4, 8 are left. To me it would seem as if you needed to win 4 rounds to make the top 8. Could someone who went to the tournament try to fill me in on how that worked?

BlueCookies

I'm pretty sure it's 128 total, so there would be 64 people in LA, and 64 in NY.
I don't think so, this is taken straight from their site: "Only 256 (128 from each of two age divisions) can qualify per each Qualifying Tournament Location."

I can't wait to hear these warstories, especially zerowing's/PBB's since I talked to him on aim a little bit/had a few practice battles with respectively. I also hope Jeps/PsiUmbreon were chosen in the raffle and ended up making Top 8. I can't wait for the NY one.

Also, will the warstories be posted in Stark or Congregation so I'm ready to start reading them right when they're done?

Psi and I faced each other in the 3rd round, here are the notes I wrote about this very harsh match from my warstory. Which I haven't released yet, not sure if I will since I mostly was just focusing on my girl friend most of that day XP.

Match details:

My 3rd match (VS PsiUmbreon)

Me: Togekiss, Bronzong, Metagross, Typhlosion

Him: Togekiss, Bronzong, Metagross, Abamasnow

This match was crazy for me, and I felt like this one really drained me competitively speaking for the entire day afterwards. Psi and I have a real long history of competitive Pokemon. I have known Psi now as a friend and as a Pokemon rival for 4 years. It seems like every local tournament we end up in, Psi and I always end up facing each other eventually. And hell always comes in the form of a competitive battle.

Despite us being close friends, I felt like this battle was real cut throat. It was as *HARDCORE* as a Pokemon battle can get. For the winner of this battle would go on to the top eight and to Florida. First turn I noticed he had the same lead as me. This was pretty shocking to me at the time, because despite him making earlier mentions of training together for this tournament I declined him, so I could keep my team a secret.

Obviously though, Psi knows the powerful strategies and thinks practical when it comes to tournament tactics from having about as much competition experience as myself. This battle for me is a bit painful to remember, since it was so damn close and we were both on our toes the whole time, but in the end it came down to 1vs1.
My Typhlosion on very low yellow VS his Metagross with barely yellow health
with hail on the field

I thought, ok I have this, since I will flamethrower it, but well Psi stayed as confident as ever when I told him the battle looked over. He said it wasn’t yet. After that my Typhlosion was hit with a powerful Bullet Punch and my Typhlosion *barely* survived on 1 hp. Then I hit him with flamethrower and sighed a bit in relief, but in shock Psi told me it had an anti fire berry, still with confidence in his voice. Metagross’s life kept going down and I thought that it should be gone due to blaze, but I wasn’t totally sure of it. Then right following the quick relief of it fainting, Psi followed with another shock telling me it’s a draw as the hail continued to pour down he thought it would injure and knock out my Typhlosion on the final turn, but as his final Pokemon fainted the battle ended and left me stunned with my Typhlosion on 1 hp.

Pretty damn intense, lots of people gathered and cheered after this one.

Nowhere near enough people showed up for LA. Even with alternates they couldn't make 128 people, so they only did 64 for each division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)