1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Official Pokemon Championship 2011 Team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Jakimoto, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Jakimoto

Jakimoto

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers

Will-o-Wisp
    Calm Mind
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball

Audino @ (Shed Shell or BrightPowder maybe?)

Simple Beam
    Heal Pulse
    Protect
    Toxic

Volcarona @ Expert Belt

Quiver Dance
    Heat Wave
    Hurricane
    Bug Buzz

Haxorus @ Life Orb

Dragon Dance
    Outrage
    Earthquake
    Dragon Tail

Ferrothorn @ Big Root

Leech Seed
    Protect
    Power Whip
    Curse

Jellicent @ Rocky Helmet

Recover
    Scald
    Energy Ball
    Shadow Ball

So the rules of the 2011 championship are:
    1. Only Gen V Pokemon
    2. No Pokemon may hold the same item as another
    3. Doubles
    4. 4 out of a team of 6 may be chosen for each match
    5. The other player may see your team of 6 when selecting which 4 to choose

This is my first year actually being competitive, and these rules make taking lessons from lurking (people here hardly use any Gen V's and mostly play singles).

I open with Cofagrigus and Audino. Audino, being faster than Cofagrigus, Simple Beams it, and Cofagrigus uses Calm Mind. For the next round or two, Cofagrigus continues to Calm Mind while Audino predicts which of the two will be attacked. If Audino is targeted, it Protects. If Cofagrigus is targeted, it uses Heal Pulse.

If it's obvious that Cofagrigus or Audino is going to be taken out in one turn, Ferrothorn or Jellicent is switched in to tank (they have great coverage together). Ferrothorn double Leech Seeds and Curses, or in case of a Fire switch-in, switches to Jellicent. Jellicent uses great type coverage to make some good hits and make sure it's not ignored.

The opposite strategy to using Jellicent and Ferrothorn is to use Volcarona and Haxorus. I mainly use them if I'm going against a more offensive team, because they can one-shot most sweepers. They both have excellent coverage, and with Quiver Dance and Dragon Dance out-speed most everything. Simple Beam can be used with them, but is not as effective because they out-speed Audino.

Thank you for your time.
  2. Haunter

Haunter 100% avocado
    is an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnus
    Líder máximo

Please add your EV spreads and expand your descriptions.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)