Official Smogon NFL Fantasy Football Thread (2016-17 Season) - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australian time zone just fucked me over hard with Montgomery. I was asleep when his injury was announced....
You're not the only one, League B shitty waiver rules fucked me over hard... Montgomery announced out with no warning after the early games started and apparently everyone goes on waivers in this league, even players in the late afternoon games. Had nobody to throw in off my bench either as everyone is either on bye or already playing/had played this week.

Shitty day it turned out, but my main league managed to win. As for my own B, Sturgis has to bail me out all while Philadelphia defense has to not implode fully...

*Edit*

Never mind, they're letting Elliott walk all over them.

gonna bitch about some real bad luck in my money league because why not:

• 2-6 record
  • #1 in points scored with 767 (95.9 points/week, somewhat low scoring league because no TE or fractional points)
    • League average is 84.9 points/week
  • #1 in points against with 830 (103.8 points/week)
    • League average is 84.9 points/week, because that's how math works
  • My record vs every team every week will be 51-37 after this week (58%), 3rd highest in the league
  • My only two wins came when I was #1 scorer in the league that week.
  • My losses have come against the #1 scoring team of the week FOUR TIMES (including 3 out of the last 4 games), and the #5 scoring team twice.
    • Assuming my team is not the leading scoring team of the week, the odds of playing the #1 scorer of any given week is 1/11. To happen 4 times in 8 weeks is a less than 0.5% chance.

All this and I'm only two games out of first, which is tied at 4-4 with the #9 and #11 scoring teams in the league. Fantasy can be brutal.

lost one league outright. lots of injuries and underperformers.

in my .5ppr league i need Alshon to get 38 points.

in my full ppr league i need 50 points between Alshon, Asiata and Diggs.

Well, what to do, looking at my main team after today. So like I expected, my opponent got shit this week, but my team didn't do much better. Expected 120-130. My totals span was only 80-90, so there would have been nothing I could have done better if he scored more. I have Mccoy and Coleman. They're down, I've been managing with that. That trade I made got me Jones and was accepted before he went down. Now he's fucked and has the bye coming up. Rodgers sprained his foot and Tampa Bay plays on Thursday. Montgomery was out because of a medical condition and has to be watched. So my only healthy backs are Blount and Michael. Maybe Booker too. Funnier was that trade gave away Forte, who of course is going to start scoring again, as well as Howard, who decided he's gonna be a RB1 now, even against the Vikings defense. And Evans didn't ball against Oakland. He should for sure on Thursday though, with the main backs out. Got my work cut out for me with tending this week. Don't boast, it ain't worth it.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You're not the only one, League B shitty waiver rules fucked me over hard... Montgomery announced out with no warning after the early games started and apparently everyone goes on waivers in this league, even players in the late afternoon games. Had nobody to throw in off my bench either as everyone is either on bye or already playing/had played this week.
Yeah these waiver settings are ass. Cost me a game by 1 pt in another Yahoo league this year. We should have them changed for next year

Oh hey I actually won lol. I'm asically playing spoiler at this point.
Also, what was with sharkweekeveryweek in league b putting all players on his bench this week? someone a sore loser/quitting or giving up a free win?!

Well of course his line up isn't ike that today... should have taken a Screenshot for prooff smh

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm donezo in league c so if anyone wants to try acquiring specific players I'm open for business (IN FAIR DEALS)

This week will be critical in League A with five of us tied for second and 5-3 and four more at 4-4 and only two teams out of the hunt. With only four man playoffs every win is crucial.

And in my NARFFL league I'm comfortably in first and gearing up for playoffs with a high probability of advancing to the second tier. #Noice

Jones and Evans looking to shoot it out side by side against each other, ha. I mean, if they can get Jones the ball this time. Couple nice receptions last drive, so I'm expecting 100 yards or at least a TD. Then Bryant will coral the rest for the day. I face Freeman in my main and have him starting on my own B league. I kinda need him to put up points because it's a tough week there...

*Edit*

Wish Freeman was able to get more. Sure could afford it. 60 between the guys. I have no idea why I didn't just run Ryan over Rodgers. If I did, the week would be done right now.

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
when team puts up 40+ points but the star RB puts up 60% of his projection in fantasy

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[16:56:11] <Texas> goddamn my ppr lineup looks fucking beast this week
[16:57:07] <Texas> rivers v tenn / murray @ SD / shark west v jax / cooks @ SF / marshall @ mia / hilton @ GB / kelce v jax / tucker v pitt / chargers d home favourite v tenn

Time to play the fun game called "Let's guess whether Cooper or Crabtree gets the points this week" and then be wrong. I could run both and sit out Hilton who's got injuries and just might get knocked early. But I should play around with Davante Adams (who I'm expecting to do good) or a decent floor from Michael Thomas. Oakland plays Denver, so it's a touch matchup (although Raiders are good at puttin the points up).

Also, who the fuck I'm gonna stream in on Defense this week on both my main leagues? Stick with Shittydelphia or bring in San Diego...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)