Official Smogon NFL Fantasy Football Thread (2016-17 Season) - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ready for a championship repeat! Of course last year my winning roster only had 5 people I drafted, hopefully I can bump that up to 8 or 9 this year.
roster.JPG

third and final draft.

full ppr 12 team league, first 12 team league i've done.

whatleague2016.png

thin at RB, but stacked at WR.

not mad about it.

Last edited:
yo someone was gonna trade me a QB in League C right???

got bench points flowing out my ass for somebody's Matt Stafford or Kirk Cousins or something, c'mon

Feel sorry for those who passed over the likes of Cooks and Jordy to overpay on Allen
memes aside, he's had two freak injuries in two years - there was no indication that his injury last year would have any effect on his play this year, and his production last year was easily worth his high draft stock (he had 6 catches for 60+ yards in less than a half of play!)

such an injury could have easily happened to Cooks, Jordy or any other WR in the NFL.

also don't fall for the Jack Doyle trap, every year there's a TE that "explodes" for 1-2 TDs on 4 targets or something and ends up doing jack-shit (ayyy) the rest of the year (see: AS-J last year, Zach Ertz 2 years ago, Jared Cook whatever-fucking-year, etc)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Aaaaaand keenan allen is hurt again
I recall people telling me I made a mistake taking Evans over Allen in league A.

Also, it's only one week but boy do I feel validated taking Cooks over Dez in league B. While Drew Brees remains their qb, there's always the possibility for pinball numbers.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, well, how many more "freak" injuries before he ends up being Danario 2.0?
The point of freak injuries is that they're unpredictable. There was no way to predict he would get injured like this this year, and thus it was not a mistake to draft him. Going forward he now has a legitimate injury history and ACL injuries affect the likelihood of reoccurrance and he's a bigger draft risk.

formal request to change to 2/2/flex next season in group A. i have been shafted for having two good TEs for the last time

leremyju

Banned deucer.
The point of freak injuries is that they're unpredictable. There was no way to predict he would get injured like this this year, and thus it was not a mistake to draft him. Going forward he now has a legitimate injury history and ACL injuries affect the likelihood of reoccurrance and he's a bigger draft risk.
Says the Keenan Allen owner .-.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)