Official Smogon Tournament Round 2 Pairings (Error Fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It has come to my attention that it was bleep who didn't show and not gk. Sorry, gk. The match will be gk vs Chris and the winner will play Hip.

Alright! The first round seems to have been a huge success and I can only mention how disappointed I am that I've been so busy lately. Unfortunately I didn't get to see any of the action besides my own disappointing battle. Alas, it seems all has gone well except for a few judgment calls I've had to make right now.

First, I'm giving SSBM roy the benefit of the doubt and giving him the win over Arrowz. Secondly I'm giving bleep the benefit of the doubt and saying that it was gk that was away too much. That being said, chaos suggsted I sub someone in. I subbed in Sir Chris over bleep. The winner of gk vs Sir Chris, which has a deadline of around 3 days (in which case of bleep doesn't show Chris wins), will play Hipmonlee. I'll ask for Hip's patience in this matter (still a random luck of the draw pairing).

That being said, we're on to round 2! Let's continue to make some Pokemon history!

SPOTLIGHT MATCHES

Hollister (PokeRealm) vs chaos (Smogon)

Hey guys remember what happened last time someone from PokeRealm beat chaos? Well let's see what happens in this next match! We have one of PokeRealm's best going up against chaos. Will PokeRealm win again and spread it all over their forums (Yeah, Zero, I know you apologized, but you'll never live that down =)) or will chaos have his revenge?

Aeolus (PokeRealm) vs WootyMcWoot (Groudon's Volcano)

While both of these players may be lesser known to the Smogon crowd, but are really quite good. To put it simply, this should be quite a good match from the 'Smogon jr. site' crowd!

imperfectluck (PokeRealm) vs AK (IGN)

Holy shit. Both of these players are pretty damn good, but might be somewhat unknown to many Smogon people due to the frequency and which they battle. I assure you this will be a great match to watch.

Glalie (Smogon) vs Articuno64 (Smogon)

It has Glalie in it so it must be an amazing match. I bet Arti will use Heracross!

And the rest of the pairings...

0mastar (Groudon's Volcano) vs AfTeRsHoCk (PokeRealm)
fm (Smogon) vs Kikuichimonji (Smogon)
flyquaza (PalletTown) vs Hill (Pokeland)
Fuzion (Smogon) vs Cerberus (Smogon)
aragornbird (Smogon) vs Fool_Hi (IGN)
LSM (Groudon's Volcano) vs Cheesy Queso (UUSF)
cloud (Smogon) vs Eat My Short (Brazil Fórum Server)
Full Metal (Smogon) vs Acura (Smogon)
MoP (Smogon) vs Redwall (Smogon)
Pressure The Great (PokeRealm) vs a2tarheel (GameFAQs)
haxubers (Smogon) vs mtg (Smogon)
salami1 (PokeRealm) vs Vineon (Smogon)
Loki (Smogon) vs Basics (Groudon's Volcano)
Cromat (Smogon) vs Voodoo (Smogon)
homsar (Smogon) vs Devilkid (Smogon)
Doomsday (Smogon) vs Nowster (Nintendo NSider)
Rex Iudeorum (Smogon) vs Altmer_Bulbasaur (Smogon)
Hot Nikkels (PokeRealm) vs Obi2Kenobi (Smogon)
Hipmonlee (Smogon) vs Sir Chris (Smogon)
Trey15 (Smogon) vs jpchato (Smogon)
Warthog (Smogon) vs Skslobkilla (Bleepland)
spies (UUSF) vs Pidgeot500 (Smogon)
Bob the Builder (Smogon) vs choop (UUSF)
NZ-1337 (Smogon) vs 0rz (UUSF)
Eagle (Smogon) vs psychup2034 (Marriland)
Jackal (Smogon) vs peter_pan (Smogon)
husk1442 (PokeRealm) vs Noobster (Smogon)
TheNewGuy (Smogon) vs SSBM roy (UUSF)

The Deadline for this round is two weeks from now. That is Sunday, January the 15th. Please get your battles done so this is easy for me. Good luck and may the Smogon be with you.

Orz I see you on quite a bit, im sure we will have no trouble finding each other..but can we hold it off for a lil while?

Where do we post predictions skarm?

And awesome iluck vs AK. They battled once, Ak won 1-0 on hax (imo). I was watching at the time.

Wow that was quick. tbh I picked trey to win. Lol so I won't change that, although I could've. :p

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Damn, nice job jp, I've lost a prediction point already. And Wooty, I know you don't frequent smogon or PR, but let me know your schedule and we will work something out.

Doomsday, what timezone are you in and when are you usually on? I'm in the central European timezone (GMT +1 hour), but with vacation and all I should be able to get on at just about any reasonable time.

Eh, let me hear from you and we'll work something out.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
so zfs when can you be online? I can be on anytime during the day (GMT+1) except today and tomorrow, so if we set a time between 12 AM and 6 PM it should be fine with me.

also, are XD moves allowed?

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
chaos apparently decided the XD moves were to remain banned for the rest of the tournament.

The XD moves ARE banned for a little while?

And NZ-1337, that's fine, I'm on a lot. Tell me when you want to battle.

battle time

haxubers, I will be on at 11 am - 1 pm and 6 pm - 10 pm tommorow (tuesday). Hopefully we can get it done sometime around then.
My NB nick is gtm.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I won 3-0 is an awesome match with Wooty. It was incredibly close, more than the score says. gg man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)