Official Smogon Tournament XIII - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am disputing my loss.
My opponent timed out in my battle, and I have multiple witnesses to prove that, but some td or leader on ps decided to turn off the timer when my opponent was lagging out even though I stated that I do not agree with this. (He didnt even ask for it to be turned off, isn't that some nice service?)
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
I don't know why someone can just tune into my game and decide that this rule somehow doesnt apply anymore.

"Timer Clause will be strictly enforced for this tournament. This means that the normal disconnection rules found in the Tournament Rules, Guidelines, and Information thread do not apply. If a player disconnects and does not reconnect to their battle before the timer expires, they lose that particular game. This doesn't necessarily mean they lose the entire set."

I don't know why this suddently doesnt apply to my game, and I can't help but feel like if I just turned it on again and my opponent timed out it would have been justified.
I feel I should get this win because I lost due to some td or leader on ps breaking the rules that were set for this tournament. Rules are supposed to be upheld not just inforced when you want them to count, there are multiple cases of people timing out in spl or wcop or other osts and no one jumped in to play the knight in shining armor and turn of the timer there, I can't help but wonder why turning off the timer multiple times here despite me saying that I disagree is ok and should mean I do not get the win that I would have gotten if there wasnt someone neglecting the rules that were set for this tournament
Isn't there also a clause enforcing good sportsmanship? I would think that deliberately spamming chat after your opp tells you that chat spam is making them lag out would violate that.

Also that is CLEARLY not a "normal disconnection" like the rules specify. That is you forcing your opp to DC.

Zokuru

The Stall Lord
is a Tiering Contributor
I am disputing my loss.
My opponent timed out in my battle, and I have multiple witnesses to prove that, but some td or leader on ps decided to turn off the timer when my opponent was lagging out even though I stated that I do not agree with this. (He didnt even ask for it to be turned off, isn't that some nice service?)
I don't know why someone can just tune into my game and decide that this rule somehow doesnt apply anymore.

"Timer Clause will be strictly enforced for this tournament. This means that the normal disconnection rules found in the Tournament Rules, Guidelines, and Information thread do not apply. If a player disconnects and does not reconnect to their battle before the timer expires, they lose that particular game. This doesn't necessarily mean they lose the entire set."

I don't know why this suddently doesnt apply to my game, and I can't help but feel like if I just turned it on again and my opponent timed out it would have been justified.
I feel I should get this win because I lost due to some td or leader on ps breaking the rules that were set for this tournament. Rules are supposed to be upheld not just inforced when you want them to count, there are multiple cases of people timing out in spl or wcop or other osts and no one jumped in to play the knight in shining armor and turn of the timer there, I can't help but wonder why turning off the timer multiple times here despite me saying that I disagree is ok and should mean I do not get the win that I would have gotten if there wasnt someone neglecting the rules that were set for this tournament
So, you're wanting to grab a game that you made longer in the only goal to time out me ? When the timer is your wincond I don't think it's fair to try to grab the win.

Btw, no one said me that the timer was turned off, I played on smartphone and didn't read the chat ( tbh I opened the chat sometimes to see if there was a problem, but that's all ). And I am an unknown people, I'm bot a staff friend or whatever, so if the timer was set off I assume there is a reason.

Just be fair man, was 3 nice games, don't make some bullshit for like, nothing.

Edit : Reporting the win 2-1 against GtM obv

Mur

If you're not first you're last
Opponent hasn't been alive since Wednesday and didn't show up or respond to the time I asked on his/her wall, so activity for now n_n

Mentalfatigue

Banned deucer.
GTM problem is pretty easy to solve, isn't it? Post the according replay, if there's proof of him saying he lags out/dcs from spam, and GTM was spamming anyways, then it's a clear rule violation by GTM and he needs to be DQ'ed, regardless of match results/situation. If there's no proof of that, his opponent DC'ed and didn't come back in time, so it's a win for GTM.

I am disputing my loss.

Edit: https://puu.sh/tFLQ8/998a16a94e.html Game in question

Also just to clarify, my opponent could have turned off spectators at any time, which he didnt decide to do.
Now please, you've got to be kidding, right? You try to play it unfair, really?
Zokuru clearly said the spamming chat made him lag, as you can see in turn 65.
Then, at turn 107, Iloveleague asks why he's taking so long to pick up his move, question answered by Vore Gidal who quoted the sentence from Zokuru.
You then ask the chat to spam (which gets me to understand that you are only a sore unfair loser) so you can get the win because you probably know you can't win otherwise (you pretty much have no way to beat Zapdos), and keep sending messages so you can get the win.

If I were a TD, at this moment, there is no way I don't stop the timer. If you try to play it unfair, it is normal you're stopped. Please, don't act as a dick next time, you'll have the right to complain for being unfairly treated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)