Official(!) Smogon University PO Stats -- September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Man, Rotom-W showing it's amazing typing is really viable.

Shocking to see Volcarona at #28, I guess some people just don't realize how broken it might be when used right.

Thanks for the stats Antar!

Thanks a million for the stats (early by my count)!

However, I was just wondering about the RU cutoff -- because so many pokemon are rising out of RU to UU, doesn't that lower the cutoff (they shouldn't be counted in the tiering of RU, because they are technically UU).

I was thinking the cutoff would be somewhere a bit lower. Instead of between Ludicolo and Alomomola, perhaps between Absol and Miltank? Its just a rough estimate, but...

Anyway, THANK YOU FOR THE STATS!!! :)

Thanks a million for the stats (early by my count)!

However, I was just wondering about the RU cutoff -- because so many pokemon are rising out of RU to UU, doesn't that lower the cutoff (they shouldn't be counted in the tiering of RU, because they are technically UU).
This would be a good point if we were actually updating the tiers (which we probably won't be, at least not yet).

Ideally, I think the usage-based tier changes should be implemented asynchronously (do OU<-->UU one month, UU<-->RU the next, RU<-->NU the third month, then repeat). Actually, they should go in the reverse order, since the previous two months' stats count for 23/24 of the three-month stats.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Man, Rotom-W showing it's amazing typing is really viable.

Shocking to see Volcarona at #28, I guess some people just don't realize how broken it might be when used right.

Thanks for the stats Antar!
I think a large reason for this is that Volcorona usually doesn't come out until the user is ready for the "game over sweep". I personally don't even bother with sending it out until I've ensured that all the threats like Stealth Rock, Terrakion and Dragonite and such are gone.

I think a large reason for this is that Volcorona usually doesn't come out until the user is ready for the "game over sweep". I personally don't even bother with sending it out until I've ensured that all the threats like Stealth Rock, Terrakion and Dragonite and such are gone.

Easy enough to check--what's its ranking for "full team" method (on my smartphone right now, so can't check, myself)?

Wow. My two favorite pokes, according to this data, fell out of OU by a considerable margin.

Does this mean that I'll be able make a UU team with them soon? If so, that kind of restores my faith in this system.

About Swampert: If its shit, how come it takes out Gliscor and Dragonites with ease? Gliscor thinks "lol, I can wall this!" Ice Beam to the face. Dragonite usually goes the same way, except with "lol, I can KO this!". I use the classic TankPert, and it works wonders, and usually ends up getting Rocks up, phazing things that have the balls to set up on me, and usually takes something out. Thundurus, who usually say "Oh, I can use Swampert as set-up, they'll switch out!" into a dead one. And, you can't overlook that it can take Excadrill.

Hold on, if these are now the official stats does that mean tiering decisions will occur in the near future?
I've been told that tiers are being updated as I type (they may already be done--try using Chandy in UU and see what happens). [Edit: Nope. Not yet.]

Thank you Antar.

Why is Tornadus in UU? I can see it sweeping the whole tier on his own, if used with a good mixed set. This is going to be very interesting.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hmm...no more Gastro in RU eh...NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISI- wiat, wrong quote? Alrigh. NO ONE EXPECTS THE FLYING FISH! Time for Mantine to finally have its day!

Hippowdon in UU will only put Hippopotas in RU meaning sandstorm in every existing tier so far...

Fuuuuu-

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Tornadus is going to be in the back round killing everyone while Thundurus gets wrecked in ubers.
Disagree. Tornadus doesn't have Swift Swim backing it up in UU, yeah its got priority Rain Dance, but that comes at the cost of either Hammer Arm or Taunt. Besides, Rain Dance is maily for helping Kingdra and Kabutops shred.

As well, Hippowdon is coming down with him. Plus Abomasnow, and you have the "Tyranitar effect". Even though Rain Dance teams are powerful, the fact that somebody can shut it down just by switching in will keep it neutered, especially Abomasnow who can wreck every rain member with Blizzard/ Wood Hammer.

Finally, There are enough guys in UU who can take hits from Tornadus, with Eviolite, Chansey isn't 2HKOd by Hammer Arm. Zapdos laughs at Tornadus all day long. Suicune can take hits from it and return fire with... Rain Dance boosted Surfs! Tornadus has created itself a check just by running that must have move. Rotom-H, Raikou and Jolteon are also checks to a lesser extent. While they're not as bulky, Rotom-H can screw over the rain team with Volt-Switch, and laughs at the Bulk Up set as well; Raikou/ Jolteon outspeed and can either set up or take it out with a T-bolt. Mamoswine, Weavile and Azumarill can also revenge kill it.

As for Thundurus going to Ubers, I really hope not, but hoping will have no effect on the actual result...

Machamp in UU. Time to boss with him.
Also looks like my RU team will need changing now blastoise is gone, didn't expect stoutland to get the boot from RU.

Hippowdon dropped to UU huh? Well I predict that Hippopotas will be dropping to RU. I wonder what sand in RU will bring to the RU metagame... Should be an interesting round adapting to the lower tiers, and sand in RU next round.

If the voters were to make the mistake of banning Thundurus, Tornadus would return to OU to take its place.
No nasty plot, no thunder wave, and no electric stab or moves (bar hidden power) makes me think Tornadus fully replacing Thundurus should it be banned would be anything but certain. When all it has to counter those deficiencies is the addition of Acrobatics, Tailwind, and Hurricane to its movepool (and Extrasensory I guess if you forgo psychic, which they both get, for flinch hax (not that they'd run either neccesarily anyway)), it just seems even less likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)