1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Data Official Smogon University Simulator Statistics — December 2013

Discussion in 'Competitive Discussion' started by Antar, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HikozaruYes

HikozaruYes

So, apparently the best counter to Heatran according to the stats is Kingler
  2. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

If I understand the stats correctly, it's not that the best counter to Heatran is Kingler, but more that of all teams with Kingler, they use their Kingler as a Heatran counter more than any other Pokemon.
  3. Antar

Antar That's Dr. Antar to you
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

HikozaruYes, based on the month's data, that's what the stats show.

It's not quite as darkie put it, since I can *try* to use Exeggutor as a Heatran counter as much as I want, and it still won't work, but what it says is that, of all the Pokemon that have ever faced off against Heatran, the one that has statistically done the best is Kingler.

There's an element of garbage in -> garbage out going on here, but it's really more of a case of small number statistics more than anything (I do try to filter out low occurrences, but I have to put the cutoff somewhere).
  4. Onslaught

Onslaught

Where are you seeing the statistics for checks and counters? They all look blank to me.
  5. Antar

is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

Onslaught, which metagame are you looking at? Because it *will* be blank for all doubles metas.
  6. Onslaught

Onslaught

Yep, it was VGC. That makes sense, thanks.
  7. Creative

Creative

Not sure if it's been asked already, but is it possible that we could get 1850 moveset statistics? It's quite disconcerting to see that the most common Rotom-W is specially defensive in this meta, and I have reason to believe that it's at least in part due to Showdown's suggested spread not changing since last gen.
    youngjake93 likes this.
  8. Magnemite

Magnemite mfw av slowking is your only fire check
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

The "changes vs last month" stats for OU compare this month's OU stats to (presumably) last month's Gen V OU stats. While this is certainly interesting, does the data that compares last month's Pokebank OU stats to this month's OU stats exist in an easily obtainable format? It would be interesting to see, especially for Pokemon such as Mandibuzz and Bisharp that had significantly higher usage in December than in November. I could always just manually subtract the usage for each Pokemon, but that would be tedious and very time consuming.

Also, I don't know if this has been pointed out yet, but "Nintendo Gen V Metagames" is misspelled in the stats posts.
  9. Antar

Official Data Miner

1850 moveset stats tend not to look significantly different, but I'll check this one for you (VM/PM me if I don't post it by the end of the day today.

It *should* be comparing last month's Pokebank OU to this month's Pokebank + post-merge OU... Clearly something went wrong. Will investigate.

Edit: It was comparing to October's stats, in which "ou" referred to Gen V OU. Should be fixed by the time you read this.

::headdesk::

Unfortunately, I can't change it without reposting the ENTIRE thread (due to XenForo not playing nice with spacing). It'll be correct next month.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  10. Liquidocelot

Liquidocelot

Dear squashed im pretty sure i speak for nearly everyone when i say that we would love this made more publicly and accesible as it would help a lot of people out with there team building (or atleast the start of the team building) and would generally make this website better in what its supposed to do.
  11. Yikarur

Yikarur

oh why that? Is there a reason?
    "Pre-Bank" is what the cartrige people played for months and it's really fun and different and I don't understand why such a good metagame is abandoned like that :(
  12. Antar

Official Data Miner

Because we didn't want to divide the playerbase, and if we could only have one metagame, it would be the one that didn't exclude previous-generation Pokemon. If you'd like, you can propose that "Pre-Bank" be an "Other Metagame," but it will no longer be supported as an official one. This is not up for discussion, especially not in this thread.
  13. Squashed

Squashed

For anyone following the team suggestions from my post earlier in this thread: https://github.com/tolmar/Pokemon-Showdown-Client

If you download this, open testclient.html, and set your team in the teambuilder to OU, you'll find that pokemon after your first are sorted by suggestion order. If anyone wants to host it properly, talk to me. Otherwise, I sent the patch to Zarel and it may or may not be integrated into PS at his discretion.
  14. D34N

D34N

Apologies if it has already been pointed out but Chesnaught has Illuminate instead of Bulletproof in the data (at least for OU and Ubers, didn't check the others).
  15. Antar

Official Data Miner

Illuminate = no ability. Not sure how that happens, but that's what it means.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)