Official Smogon University Simulator Statistics — February 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Would it be possible to add in a check/counter section for the doubles suspect test? I feel it'd be very enlightening as far as discussion is concerned to have this information

1. Are you interested in (or have you attempted) fine-tuning your metrics used to determine the metagame analysis in non-standard tiers such as CAP or averagemons?
The metagame analysis should be valid in all tiers where the stats aren't edited (so CAP yes, averagemons no)

2. Is there an online list of what these metrics are, so we can see exactly how certain moves or abilities influence stall vs offense in one direction or the other?
Assuming you don't want to sift through source code (although Python is pretty readable even if you've never coded before), everything is documented here. With discussion here.

Would it be possible to add in a check/counter section for the doubles suspect test? I feel it'd be very enlightening as far as discussion is concerned to have this information
No, it's too complicated to figure out who caused what in a 2v2 scenario. Sorry.

What is the ranking cutoff for people being able to influence the tier list? And which ranking system do you use?
I'll be making a full post about this when I can. In the meantime, the gist is here.

Nobody is excluded from contributing to the usage stats, but the stats are weighted with the average player assumed to have a Glicko rating of 1760 (and thus a weight of .5).
Does that mean that the 1760 stats (and previously the 1850s) are the ones used to create the tier lists?

Does that mean that the 1760 stats (and previously the 1850s) are the ones used to create the tier lists?
The tiers are currently based on the 1760 stats, yes. Previously they were based on the standard stats (which are weighted with the average player having a glicko rating of 1500). Antar said in the post above yours that he would be making a full post soon about why this was changed and what this means.

Vryheid

fudge jelly
The metagame analysis should be valid in all tiers where the stats aren't edited (so CAP yes, averagemons no)
The example I had in mind was with Tomohawk, where Intimidate is almost always a sign of an offensive set despite being used defensively on every other Pokemon which has the ability. It simply tanks harder/more effectively with Prankster. But from the looks of things you are not doing individual cases for specific Pokemon, so this isn't really isn't relevant here.

What I would suggest is adding +0.5 to the metric for Rebound (functions similarly to Magic Bounce, trading in the significant offensive boost from Guts for a huge defensive niche on Colossoil) and +0.5 for Mountaineer (nullifies Stealth Rock damage in exchange for losing Compound Eyes, which increases survivability at the exchange of moves like Blizzard and Focus Blast).

This may be a silly question and been asked before but is there anyway to see or get personal usage. It could show which pokemon you use get most KOs etc to help build a better team. I know the better users here don't need something like that but maybe the rest of us could use it to help

maybe there's a way you could implement it into showdown. like you know with most fighting games they show you your character usage, maybe do the same thing with that. that way you don't have to do that here and we all have access to our own usage data and it would only be one set of codes as well (as the user would be "me")

probably the wrong topic but a possible solution to what he's asking

out of curiosity, is arceus' usage data separate for all forms? or all arceus usage compiled into one arceus and then each type just listed in their spots?

like, does the arceus at #4 mean just arceus-normal or arceus-normal, -rock, -fighting, etc?

Last edited:

migetno1

bRMT Developer
is a Programmer Alumnus
I've made a script that attaches to your browser while you play Showdown matches. When a game ends, it stores your team name and each of your of opponent's Pokemon into a MySQL database. I then query the database to get some stats. I might release this if there is enough interest but it's just in a command line format for now.

Snotjoch, the cutoff will likely vary from month-to-month, as well as from metagame to metagame. For March, at least, I'll be posting the stats for six different cutoffs:
  • 0 (basically unweighted)
Think of these as custom threatlists for every player: if your Glicko rating is ~1630, then the 1630 stats will be most relevant to you. If it's >1760, then the 1760 stats are the ones to focus on. The only question will be what cutoff is used for tiering, and that decision will be made by the tier leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)