Official Smogon University Usage Statistics Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duhre, win-loss is a meaningless metric due to the fact that PS uses matchmaking. Unless you've got a team that's very good or very bad, your win-loss ratio probably doesn't change much from tier to tier, even though your rating probably changes drastically. That's because the better you are, the better the opponents you'll be matched against. So the only thing is *makes sense* to look at is whether rating correlates with usage, and you get that from "avg. weight."

Antar, I see your point about the win-loss ratio and avg. weight. Just to clarify, "avg. weight" is the average weight of all players who used a given pokemon, right? So, since Aegislash has an avg. weight bigger than Charizard, can I say that the players using Aegislash are, on average, higher ranked than the ones using Charizard?

Antar, I see your point about the win-loss ratio and avg. weight. Just to clarify, "avg. weight" is the average weight of all players who used a given pokemon, right? So, since Aegislash has an avg. weight bigger than Charizard, can I say that the players using Aegislash are, on average, higher ranked than the ones using Charizard?
Correct.

Is there a section within the moveset stats where there are mega only stats? I feel like they used to exist but I cannot find them ATM.

G-Von, oh, gotcha. No. I'm not going down that route. Mega stones are just items. If I don't provide data on what the most common spreads are for Scarf Terrakion vs. LO Terrakion are, I can't justify doing it for megas.

And, for the record, I would *love* to provide detailed cross-correlation statistics like that. But I don't do this full-time, so I have to prioritize what projects I pursue.

• Click Start -> Administrative Tools -> Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
  • Click on Inbound Rules
  • In Actions panel -> click New Rule...
  • In New Inbound Rule Wizard..
  • In Rule Type -> select "Port" -> Next
  • In Protocol and Ports -> select "TCP" -> select Specific local ports: "8080" -> Next
  • In Action -> select "Allow the connection"
  • In Profile -> select "Domain", "Private" and "Public"
  • In Name -> Give a suitable name to identify your rule e.g.: "World Wide Web Services (HTTP 8080 Traffic-In)"
This is how to access Local servers like the one listed in the OP if your Browser doesn't load them Antar

galbia, I think that only fixes the issue if your computer's firewall is blocking the port. If the problem is that your office / university blocks the port, I don't think you can do anything about it.

galbia, I think that only fixes the issue if your computer's firewall is blocking the port. If the problem is that your office / university blocks the port, I don't think you can do anything about it.
Oh yea that's true. This might solve some people's problem tho c:

I apologize... i guess i was surprised that nidoking had more raw usage than Lando-I.

I should have used the weighted stats as I gave up when I saw Nidoking using the "sheer force" query (and my mind did not see between Nidoking and Darmantan).

Stats not for several days. Tier update tonight or tomorrow morning.
Does the tier update include changes between RU and NU (if a cutoff level has been chosen)? I know that NU is nowhere near being an official metagame at this point, but these changes would be relevant for determining the initial RU list as RU is due to become an official metagame with this tier update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)