1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Data Official Smogon University Usage Statistics Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Smogon Metagames' started by Antar, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antar

Antar
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

Yes. I will be publishing the initial NU Beta banlist.
    Ranger Mike likes this.
  2. Antar

Antar
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

Regarding stats this month.

I'll still be throwing them up on sim.smogon.com rather than trying to fit them in a thread, but I won't be doing quite as many levels.

I'll be doing baselines of
    • 0 (essentially no weighting)
    • 1630 (consider these the "standard stats")
    • 1760 (consider these the "1337" stats)
    Except for OU, where 1630 and 1760 will be replaced by 1695 and 1825, respectively.

Also, a tip on how to use moveset stats (which I will put somewhere more prominent):
    • If you're trying to figure out what's good in a tier (in terms of movesets), 1760/1825 is probably the way to go, since that tells you what the very top players use on their Pokemon.
    • If you want to determine what the likelihood is that your opponent's Pokemon carries X move or Y item, consult the moveset stats closest to your own Glicko R rating.
    • If you're having trouble dealing with a certain Pokemon and are looking for checks/counters, consult the 1500 (or even possibly the 0) stats: the lack of "1337"ness is vastly preferred to the sheer lack of data you encounter when you get that high.
    RyanKoopa and MagikaripIsOP like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)