Official Smogon VGC 17 Tournament ROUND 2 PAIRINGS [Read Post #522] [Extension deadline 1/27]

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
Had a lot of difficulty finding my opponent at the times I suggested, and no alternatives have been offered by him. In general, I've left a lot of VMs on his wall without reply while waiting for a few hours on PS under my main at the times I said I would, and, the one time he appeared, he appeared two hours late after I had gone to get food.

Calling an activity win, my opponent did not answer me (I sent him a message on Sunday 15th of january), his last visit is on Tuesday 17th, so he may have seen my message.

Attachments

Activity post, me and my opponent scheduled at 1.30 pm GMT-5 and moved to 1.30 because he had to lunch before. We started to play and after game1 he went to lunch. He told me to wait some minutes to finish our match because I can't play later or tomorrow and after 30 minutes he isn't back
It seems my opponent made that post a moment ago, so i hope i'm not too late. Will edit this post with more detail if he has left and we can't finish.

e: My oppo asked me if we could play at 1, and I said to him that it would be fine, but I would probably having lunch sometime around this time, so I may need to start later. He said 7:30 his time, so I said sure. He made absolutely no indication that he would have to leave soon after this time, and I ended up having to have lunch after the first game (which I contacted him early to start at around 1:20 my time, and I won this first game). It wasn't like it was midnight or something for him, so I thought this wouldn't be unreasonable, but he seemed insistent that he would have to leave "in 15 minutes" and seemed to be under the assumption that each game would take no more than 5 minutes. My unexpected situation of having to leave the computer suddenly + the poor scheduling of him not being able to stay on meant we couldn't finish it today. I told him all the times I am available tomorrow (his 11 pm and anytime after, and I also offered to play during my school around his 6 pm). If he has more than 15 minutes of availability during the day he should be able to play me, otherwise i'd like to claim activity / get an extension if that makes it even easier for my opponent to find time to play
Me and my opponent scheduled again for today, 11 pm GMT+1. It's 11.30, I have to go and he hasn't arrived yet. Activity call (again)

Me and my opponent scheduled again for today, 11 pm GMT+1. It's 11.30, I have to go and he hasn't arrived yet. Activity call (again)
The timing on this is quite perfect. Really bad weather and my bus doing part of its run while leaving me standing outside meant I got home late, which was out of my control, and of course my opponent only had 30 minutes and left minutes before I got online. Darn! If given an extension we can likely get this done at the same time the next day.

Calling activity on opponent, today was the only day he got back to me (said he'd have to work out timing on his end) and I've seemingly missed him since he messaged me.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)