Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great vids! Tsuji really knows how to use Toxicroak. My one (similar set but probably different EVs) was nowhere near that successful, and I've still had a lot of experience using Toxicroak. He usually goes down to any old strong STAB move, though. Stuff like Metagross meteor mashes usually OHKO.

Grace did make a couple of misplays though. Namely the first turn of match 2- fake out-ing Empoleon while flamethrowering Toxicroak would've led to a flinched Empoleon and 'meh' damage on Slowking at the very least, in the in best case scenario could've meant a heavily-damaged Toxicroak, flinched Empoleon, and minorly damaged Ludicolo instead of basically no effect whatsoever. Still, two great players who've managed to get through so many tough battles.

Thanks OD ^^

The vids are great. I have to say, Tsuji played it poorly in the second match and he wouldn't really have deserved to manage to get that Protect instead of being fully paralyzed.

Kazuyuki Tsuji's Team (GoodStuffs/Rain?)

Empoleon@Wacan Berry
Surf, Hydro Pump, Protect, Icy Wind

Toxicroak@Focus Sash
Cross Chop, Sucker Punch, Fake Out, Taunt

Snorlax@Custap Berry
Return, Earthquake, Protect, SelfDestruct

Salamence@Sitrus Berry
Draco Meteor, Heat Wave, Protect, Hydro Pump

Ludicolo@LumBerry
Grass knot, Fake out, ????, ????

Metagross@Choice Scarf? (never seen)
????, ????, ????, ????

Just filling in some blanks.

Well, PokemonSunday has aired in Japan I believe since that one guy on youtube posted the hg/ss "update" already. hopefully somebody was able to see if there was any worlds footage aired. =)

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
If I was in California at the time I totally would have gone down to hang with yall. Sadly, that was not the case :(

Anyway, it sounds like people had an awesome time, and I hope that next year I can meet up with some of you at an LA VGC.

Hey guys, I had a question about this tournament and I hope it isn't already answered/stupid, I just couldn't find it anywhere. I was just wondering why Tyranitar was a banned pokemon? Several "ubers" are legal in Latios, Garchomp, etc, so what made Tyranitar, a readily available and easy to catch pokemon illegal?

Banned

150 – Mewtwo
151 – Mew
248 – Tyranitar
249 – Lugia
250 – Ho-Oh
251 – Celebi
382 – Kyogre
383 – Groudon
384 – Rayquaza
385 – Jirachi
386 – Deoxys
479 – Rotom
483 – Dialga
484 – Palkia
487 – Giratina
489 – Phione
490 – Manaphy
491 – Darkrai
492 – Shaymin

If the reason T-tar is banned is because it evolves at level 55, why is dragonite not banned?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Banned

150 – Mewtwo
151 – Mew
248 – Tyranitar
249 – Lugia
250 – Ho-Oh
251 – Celebi
382 – Kyogre
383 – Groudon
384 – Rayquaza
385 – Jirachi
386 – Deoxys
479 – Rotom
483 – Dialga
484 – Palkia
487 – Giratina
489 – Phione
490 – Manaphy
491 – Darkrai
492 – Shaymin

If the reason T-tar is banned is because it evolves at level 55, why is dragonite not banned?
XD Dude. It ended like a few weeks ago! XD

I'm surprised that this thread is still open...knowing that it has been nearly a month since it ended...Any new news for next year available that we are aware of as of now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)