Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm going to be writing a Worlds Article, and I'd like confirmation on the finalists teams if possible, so far I'm looking at:

Kazuyuki Tsuji

Empoleon @ Wacan Berry
~ Surf
~ Hydro Pump
~ Protect
~ Icy Wind

Toxicraok @ Focus Sash
~ Cross Chop
~ Sucker Punch
~ Fake Out
~ Taunt

Snorlax @ Custap Berry
~ Return
~ Earthquake
~ Protect
~ Selfdestruct

Salamence @ Sitrus Berry
~ Draco Meteor
~ Heat Wave
~ Protect
~ Hydro Pump (Rain Dance?)

Ludicolo @ Lum Berry
~ Fake Out
~ Grass Knot
~ Rain Dance?
~ Surf / Hydro Pump?

Metagross @ ?
~
~
~
~

--------------------------------------------

Tasuku Mano

Zapdos @ Leftovers
~ Discharge
~ Heat Wave
~ Detect
~ Substitute

Yanmega @ Life Orb
~ Bug Buzz
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Detect
~ Swagger

Rhyperior @ Lum Berry
~ Rock Slide
~ Earthquake
~ Protect
~ Hammer Arm

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
~ Flamethrower
~ Air Slash
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ SolarBeam

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
~ X-Scissor
~ Shadow Sneak
~ Protect
~ Sunny Day

Hippowdon @ Rindo Berry
~ Earthquake
~ Roar
~ Protect
~
Can anybody fill in some more blanks?

I don't think anybody knows Hippowdon. Shoe fought it and Mano; I'll ask him when I see him. Can't guarantee any more info though. :P

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to be writing a Worlds Article, and I'd like confirmation on the finalists teams if possible, so far I'm looking at:

Hippowdon had Protect. Also one of his items was a lum.

The Worlds coverage on Pokemon Sunday finally aired!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUYAYZr0oHU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uCBAEmy_Ew

I'm in there around 4:20 of the first video. I spotted Vash in there, too.

Big thanks to slimceagirl and her friend Jim for recording it!
And whoah nice one Donut! Just noticed this post. Big thanks to slimceagirl too.

Lol Donut, by the way Shoe says you're a really nice guy. :P

Edit: Awww they didn't air Shoe trading his shiny Aipom for Magnezone. Oh well. Does anyone have one of those Sableyes by the way?

Moltres had a focus sash. It survived explosion from snorlax in the first match and a message popped up right after its HP fell.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
it was also scarfed at some points, like most teams the items were moved around. I think the best way to lay it out is to do all the pokemon and movesets and then the six items at the bottom

it was also scarfed at some points, like most teams the items were moved around. I think the best way to lay it out is to do all the pokemon and movesets and then the six items at the bottom
... just like the way one had to fill out these team information sheets

Havak

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Good idea Alakapimp, I might look into getting someone to HTML it in that format.

However, it might be a bit pointless to post unfinished teams in an article, so I may not post all the information we have unless I can find it all.

There was definitely Rain Dance on Salamence and not Hydro Pump. I translated the move when watching the vid, and why would Salamence use 210 power Draco Meteor (STAB) vs 240 power Hydro Pump (SE) if it had it?

Also, here are Kazuyuki Tsuji's items:
Choice Scarf (Metagross?)
Focus Sash (Toxicroak)
Lum Berry (Empoleon/Ludicolo?)
Wacan Berry (Empoelon)
Sitrus Berry (Salamence)
Cutsap Berry (Snorlax)

Ha, Shoe just found an interview with Sadman on the ONM website.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=10679

Has a picture of me on it lol. And for the record, the caption "Sadman defeats another opponent" isn't strictly true. The picture was taken when he got the opening crit, not after the battle lol. It's more of an "Oh, fuck." facepalm than a "NOOOO!" one, which it looks a lot like given the context.

They're introduced Leagues for the video game series. Go check your nearest league guys.

Also, 2010 information on the date held has been revealed.

They're introduced Leagues for the video game series. Go check your nearest league guys.

Also, 2010 information on the date held has been revealed.
I Think it's only for TCG

Announcing the 2009-2010 League Cycle: Trainer Challenge!

The 2009-2010 league cycle launches on September 21st, and Trainers everywhere will be grabbing their cards and gathering at their local leagues to have fun!

Starting with the Rival season, players of all ages will be able to enjoy all-new seasonal themes based on the toughest Pokémon Trainers in the Sinnoh region, earn all-new league rewards, and even earn credits toward our revamped Player Rewards program! This cycle also marks the first time that the Pokémon League features prizes specifically for Pokémon video game players!
League Rewards

Each season, players will have a chance to earn two different promotional cards. The cards will be printed in a new foil pattern never before used on any other Pokémon card, and not only do they look amazing, but they are also cards that competitive players will be happy to include in their favorite decks! For example, Rival season will offer players a chance to earn Snorlax and Uxie—both of which are popular and instantly recognizable!

In addition to the promo cards, players who play in multiple league seasons and meet certain goals will also have the opportunity to earn unique league-themed Nintendo DS™ skins! These DS skins are available exclusively through league participation and will be rewarded every other season.
For a complete list of cards you can earn as league rewards, and for more about how you can earn all four of the new league-themed Nintendo DS™ skins, check out our league page in the coming weeks!
http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/leagues/
Make Sure You Get in on the Action!

A Pokémon League is the perfect place for you to get together with other fans of the Pokémon Trading Card Game and the Pokémon video games and have some fun. Even if you don’t know all the rules of the game, a league is the perfect place to pick up the basics!
Leagues are held in safe public locations, such as game stores, community centers, or libraries, and are run by official League Leaders. To find existing leagues in your area, simply click here:
http://www.op.pokemon-tcg.com/league/locator/
If you and your friends would like to join a Pokémon League but there are no existing leagues nearby, don’t let that stop you! As long as you have that safe public location and someone is willing to take the job of League Leader, you can start your own league! Begin by reading our Pokémon League instructions document, and then fill out an application here:
http://www.op.pokemon-tcg.com/league/application/

Havak

I Think it's only for TCG
Announcing the 2009-2010 League Cycle: Trainer Challenge!

The 2009-2010 league cycle launches on September 21st, and Trainers everywhere will be grabbing their cards and gathering at their local leagues to have fun!

Starting with the Rival season, players of all ages will be able to enjoy all-new seasonal themes based on the toughest Pokémon Trainers in the Sinnoh region, earn all-new league rewards, and even earn credits toward our revamped Player Rewards program! This cycle also marks the first time that the Pokémon League features prizes specifically for Pokémon video game players!
League Rewards

Each season, players will have a chance to earn two different promotional cards. The cards will be printed in a new foil pattern never before used on any other Pokémon card, and not only do they look amazing, but they are also cards that competitive players will be happy to include in their favorite decks! For example, Rival season will offer players a chance to earn Snorlax and Uxie—both of which are popular and instantly recognizable!

In addition to the promo cards, players who play in multiple league seasons and meet certain goals will also have the opportunity to earn unique league-themed Nintendo DS™ skins! These DS skins are available exclusively through league participation and will be rewarded every other season.
For a complete list of cards you can earn as league rewards, and for more about how you can earn all four of the new league-themed Nintendo DS™ skins, check out our league page in the coming weeks!
http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/leagues/
Make Sure You Get in on the Action!

A Pokémon League is the perfect place for you to get together with other fans of the Pokémon Trading Card Game and the Pokémon video games and have some fun. Even if you don’t know all the rules of the game, a league is the perfect place to pick up the basics!
Leagues are held in safe public locations, such as game stores, community centers, or libraries, and are run by official League Leaders. To find existing leagues in your area, simply click here:
http://www.op.pokemon-tcg.com/league/locator/
If you and your friends would like to join a Pokémon League but there are no existing leagues nearby, don’t let that stop you! As long as you have that safe public location and someone is willing to take the job of League Leader, you can start your own league! Begin by reading our Pokémon League instructions document, and then fill out an application here:
http://www.op.pokemon-tcg.com/league/application/
I'm expecting it to be for Video Game players too, I sent an e-mail earlier this afternoon so I'm hoping to get a reply soon.

Havak

I mean, it's probably they do it for VGC too, but right now the places announced are only confirmed for TCG...
As far as I know, the Pokémon League's are run all over the world, and while they are mainly TCG events, player's are now encouraged to come along with their DS and video games. So, any event that is a TCG Event will also be a VGC Event at the same time, unless stated otherwise (eg. A TCG-only tournament).

Use the League Locator to find a League near you, I found one in Manchester, England, so I'm seeing if the first meeting (on Wednesday 23rd here in England) is also a VGC event.

League's are basically 'for fun'. TCG and VGC player's will turn up and battle others randomly for fun. You'll have a scorecard to mark how many matches you've played, and you'll be able to recieve prizes if you play enough games. It doesn't matter if you win or lose. However, there will also be tournament play. It'll be stated whether the tournament is TCG or VGC.

Hopefully it's all starting together next week.

I think the evidence is pretty clear now:

This is the Score Card for the 'Rival Season' of the Pokémon League. This League Season will run from 9th September 2009 until 26th October 2009. On the image of Snorlax, it clearly says "Video Game", hence the scoring for VGC player's being pretty much announced. So we can start going along and battling people as early as next week.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
BUT, they are completely meant as a sideshow, I submitted to start a league with vgc as its main focus and was rejected saying that tcg should be the main focus of any pokemon league, still a step in the right direction, if a very very miniscule one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)