Offline PS Bot

Hi,

I was just wondering if there are any plans to make a offline bot for Showdown. That would be great for testing teams and for offline people. I'm pretty sure that there are bots like these on PS (stretcher: git gud), and I'm wondering if this is possible. Thanks for reading this and keeping PS running.

Cheers!

It would battle using a random team or one you can make and specify. it would be for offline play and team testing.
I was thinking of something like YGOpro's bot, if any of you know what i mean.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
There was a bot in development named Technical Machine. I don't know how that's going though.

Arcueid

nah i'd win nah i'd win nah i'd win
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
You can't even connect to PS whilst being offline, therefore this bot is second to impossible.

I mean how exactly would this work though? It would need to be an advanced AI right? How would it predict using moves, switching, etc I mean, sure if you want to test on random teams that are made by RNG using random moves every turn then sure, but would it be possible to develop this? If not then I don't really see the point in putting the effort into this.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
strecher works offline if you work it on localhost- like honestly if you want stretcher for actual tiers you can start learning to program yourself and make your own bot (http://codecademy.com is freaking amazing to learn how to program) or suggest it to a willing programmer- and then host that bot on your localhost server.d
For more info on running PS bots and running localhost and going both I recommend
Like I understand some people may not know about this- but know you know and thus don't need more threads like this anymore. Please link people to this post and zarel's github as a way to help them if you think this was a good post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)