1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Metagame Offstat Metagame

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by Level 51, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

lmao I jut realised Ferrothorn isn't allowed... oh well, Scizor and Machamp may work okayish.
  2. SpartanMalice

SpartanMalice

Scizor and Machamp may very well do more damage. Machamp runs Specs Focus Blast in UU sometimes and it did quite some damage to my Scrafty. I don't think kyurem could take that.

I have no problems with Kyu-W in this meta, though.
  3. Snaquaza

Snaquaza

What about Aggron and its huge special move pool?
  4. bobbyvaporeon

bobbyvaporeon

252+ SpA Choice Specs Heracross Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 195-229 (56.68 - 66.56%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    Specs Heracross gogogogo
  5. kitty mulcher

kitty mulcher

What about pokemon with pure power/huge power/thick club? As long as they are using these stat raising powers/items, why can't they get a shot in this meta?
  6. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Flapper the Zubat = best scramblemon
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

I personally wouldn't be against testing Azumarill / Medicham / Clamperl / Marowak / whatever else with their respective boosts, although that's ultimately Level 51's call, not mine, and depends on what the artificially higher stat would be if converted to a base stat. It definitely goes against some of the "ethics" of Offstat, however.
  7. kitty mulcher

kitty mulcher

Does hustle break the ethics though because it's effectively giving Togekiss base 75 att as compared to 120 base spatt? What does it say for items? Technically, if Marowak is allowed then the Lati twins are, and anyway you could justify putting a specs or a band on a pokemon and using the unboosted stat. So items are definately out.
  8. Mulan15262

Mulan15262

The point is to enable all pokemon to be used, although nerfing the ones with too high of a and only pokemon with very low stats could fly with identical offensive stats (I'm talking about the likes of Shuckle, Sunkern, and Kricketot low).

Of course, it was just an idea I had. If it isn't a good one, then you don't have to use it.
  9. SpartanMalice

SpartanMalice

Hustle actually gives Togekiss over 327 Attack, which is the equivalent of base 100 attack, not 75. Which is actually quite high here. However, the catch is gets no accuracy boosting move so it's a high risk high reward pokemon.
  10. Adonzo

Adonzo

Other potential offensive mons for your consideration:

Absol with 75 Special Attack. Great special movepool, and Super Luck can act as a pseudo power boost
    Alakazam with 50 Attack. Attack isn't that great, but has a solid physical movepool and gets a recoilless Life Orb to compensate
    Beheeyem with 75 Attack. Lacking physical movepool, but gains a 1.3x power boost from Analytic
    Gallade with 65 Special Attack. Solid special and Support movepool + Calm Mind
    Magnezone/Magneton with 70/60 Attack. Ditto Beheeyem, + Eviolite in Magneton's case
    Meloetta-A with 77 Attack. Has a solid physical movepool with STABs + Close Combat, Stone Edge, elemental punches, Drain Punch, and U-turn, and can boost with Work Up
    Rampardos with 65 Special Attack. Great special movepool boosted by Sheer Force
    Roserade with 70 Attack. Lacking physical movepool, but has Swords Dance + Technician Bullet Seed
    Shedinja with 30 Special Attack. No means of boosting, but smaller pool of available Pokémon in this meta, + lack of autoweather, may make him harder to counter.
    Tauros with 40 Special Attack. Great special movepool boosted by Sheer Force + Work Up
    Weavile with 45 Special Attack. Alright special movepool + Nasty Plot / Calm Mind
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)