OH NO! not another Touchy-Feely Thread.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
lol cybertron, i just realized i was trying to smile AND look badass in that picture. still a great picture, almost as good as

God, i miss nationals so much now

edit: ilu firestorm

ninahaza, this is awesome and inspiring. best of luck with reaching your goal! i am about to work out and i thought of this thread. i wanted say that your posts helped inspire me to get back in shape -- the combination of school (i had difficulty finding time to work out), depression (usually eat a lot) and smoking weed (see previous) nearly every day over a 4 month period left me in a shape i wasn't entirely happy with.

in addition to biking (usually every day as that's my main mode of transport) i've been doing a sort of HITT workout that i can really vouch for. no weights are required, just a bit of space, and you'll need a deck of cards. assign an exercise to each suit (or color, if you prefer) -- ideally these exercises should incorporate multiple muscle groups but you can try whatever you like. then flip a card and do that number of that suit's exercise. jacks, queens and kings are 11, 12 and 13 respectively. aces are cardio -- i do jumping jacks or some jump roping -- and the next card is doubled. do this with as little rest as possible between each card. it's a great workout that really gets my muscles burning. i've only been doing them for a couple of weeks, 3 or 4 times a week, but i'm already starting to see some muscle growth/fat loss.

just my two cents. ninahaza, you look great in the photos you posted recently. good luck again, and thanks for sharing!

Ninahaza

hey, thanks Foreys. yeah i know what you mean about the depression part, i'm not depressed but i am feeling really down these days and its definitely getting in my way. i just try my best to push through it because the gym is really one of the few places i have come to consider "an escape", still hard though. also
in addition to biking (usually every day as that's my main mode of transport) i've been doing a sort of HITT workout that i can really vouch for. no weights are required, just a bit of space, and you'll need a deck of cards. assign an exercise to each suit (or color, if you prefer) -- ideally these exercises should incorporate multiple muscle groups but you can try whatever you like. then flip a card and do that number of that suit's exercise. jacks, queens and kings are 11, 12 and 13 respectively. aces are cardio -- i do jumping jacks or some jump roping -- and the next card is doubled. do this with as little rest as possible between each card. it's a great workout that really gets my muscles burning. i've only been doing them for a couple of weeks, 3 or 4 times a week, but i'm already starting to see some muscle growth/fat loss.
i'll definitely give this a try, thanks again and good luck to you as well :)

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
thread bump just reminds me of how you fly you looked on suit day at nationals.

you've worked so hard, and I can't think of a better guy to earn such marvelous results.

well i go by strength not looks. and I am not out of shape I do a simple 10 minute ab workout every other day and do push ups the same day. I eat healthy no fast food and a lot of meat. I can now do 100 pushups in a row

Ninahaza

NOTE: this next update, and its going to be huge [whenever i post it], i want to make it the best one yet with tons of stuff. it takes time and i've been very busy, infact its been nearly 1 month since i last logged in. the good news is that, You'll find that most of my recent smogon Photo album posts are like mini updates ^__^

be cool smogon and remember to watch out for all the great, delicious foods that comes with the holidays.
PS: i am not saying do not enjoy yourself, i'm saying dont go overboard with all that food if you're someone working towards a goal[like i am]

Ninahaza

oh hi, so i decided to stop being Mr.Excuses and finally put the update up.

here's a link to the first page for some reason, guess its just tradition now
First page

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Fucking A+ man you were as light as me before you started putting on muscle.
That is also a really long op.

Damn those pictures are astounding.

How bad do you want it is my favorite motivational video, right next to my man piccolo. WOOSH HAHAHAHAHA

this is some impressive stuff. i've seen a lot of success stories, people who drop from 550 to 180 and all sorts of stuff, but I really like how yours is shaping up, probably in my top 3 right now. you're doing some real work nina, pat yourself on the back and go try some pistol squats :P

good progress bro, and honestly you're being too self-conscious of supposed loose skin--it aint noticeable, if there at all. just work on bulking and try and focus on your back and traps and probs arms as well so they catch up with the rest of your body in terms of proportion.

and maybe one day you can be as aesthetic as me

oh and stop wearing those ridiculous baggy clothes; show the world your new bod

sick progress. Way skinnier than I ever was. Personal opinion, skip the 6-pack/v-cut and BULK SON

watcha gonna do when these 24 inch pythons RUN WILD ON YOU

Ninahaza

thanks :D :D, always nice to come in here and read comments.

Stylish Interval, i'm not gonna lie, pistol squats look like hard work and something i'd probably do wrong the first few times

thanks for the advice Ivar, i'll see what i can do about the baggy cloths but no promises on sweaters/hoodies.

also Popemobile, although bulk was never the plan where as the 6-pack/v-cut was, but Damn son would i be lying if i said i haven't been thinking about it lately.........quite a bit.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
do both?? definition is far sexier than bulk, and harder to come by, no?

joseph I'd go on about your amazing progress but I have very important things to do today and cannot allow any distractions okay I'm SORRY

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I am an unhealthy scrawny ass fuck, and this inspires me to just generally be healthier. It ain' just abaht weight loss y'feel me? Congratulations on the massive improvements man.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
This is the first time I have read this, and I can say I can relate to this...a lot. A brief story of mines so you get an understanding of my relation to this: I was always the kid that used to eat so fucking much. Eventually it got out of control and I was about 260 pounds 5'5 in the 6th grade. Back in 2010 I got all the way from 255 to 190 in 6 months. I was looking my best, the best in my whole life. I was lucky I didn't have loose skin, but the stretch marks stayed. Mostly on my right shoulder, and I see you don't have stretch marks (lucky). I managed to do the 180 but then I started meeting girls and bullshit happens partying smoking drinking and I'm at 5'10 220 now. I'm not gonna lie, the girls get to you.

I feel how you feel with your body. You already reached all the way here and nothing is perfect for you. Honestly, your man boobs aren't even noticeable. It's just a thing in the mind where you have already achieved something you thought impossible, and you're still hungry for more.

As for the bulking part, I would suggest it's up to you. It really depends on what you want to do you with looks. Bulking is a great idea...but you will lose a lot of your already accomplished goals. Your v will be gone and so will your abs. You will not gain much fat you when you look at yourself in the mirror you will see that "big" figure again. Take in mind your eating habits, if you have succeeded in suppressing them, will come back with a bulk. And if you love food like me, it's gonna be a bitch knowing your doing something to help yourself but you can easily over-do it. Bulking can become like a drug. You will pretty much be looking for the right way to do the wrong things. Don't get me wrong, bulking is not bad at all. It's just that, in my experience, bulking has sometimes gone overboard. If you're not disciplined enough to handle yourself, you can go overboard easily.

IMO, i'd say stick to your diet for a little bit longer. Don't make it a diet; make it a lifestyle. If it matters anything to you, you have so much respect for me. Congratulations.

Shii

zap
You have no idea how proud of you I am. :D
You are absolutely amazing! You look amazing! You have come so far. :]
And I love your calendar. xD

You deserve much more than just my words can give you, but I'm ill-eqipped here. Sorry. >.<
I can't wait to meet up with you at Nats (hopefully) and see for myself how big and scary your muscles are then. :p

<3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)