#oi Movie Nights

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
We're going to be taking a break for this week since this Thursday just happens to be Thanksgiving Day. See you all in December!

Hulavuta

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Great movie night! Shout out to General Spoon, Karxrida, Jellicent, Ultimathunder, Ming-Ming, and Focus ! EDIT: Oh yeah and Recec too!

I'm not sure if I will continue this thread since it seems like all of the people who will show up show up regardless of whether or not I post. So I just wanted to assure anyone new who sees this thread that even if posts eventually stop, we're still doing movie nights and you're always welcome to join us!

Last edited:

Hulavuta

Gonna bump this thread as it seems in my absence Orange Islands has exploded :P

Movie Nights will be returning starting on January 9th, same time and same place as always. :)

Mylo Xyloto I believe you posted in the Orange Islands Google+ group as for some reason I get email alerts for that...so I wanted to tell you that yes, movie nights are still happening! Hope to see you (and any other new guys) at the next one! :)

Hulavuta

Another movie night this Thursday as usual. It's the Keldeo movie, which is one I thought was actually pretty good, even if it makes no sense.

Hope to see you all there!

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Another movie night this Thursday as usual. It's the Keldeo movie, which is one I thought was actually pretty good, even if it makes no sense.

Hope to see you all there!
It actually does make sense. The plot is essentially "Keldeo is fighting Kyurem because shut up do you want to watch gorgeously animated fight scenes with minimal Ash involvement or not?"

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
It actually does make sense. The plot is essentially "Keldeo is fighting Kyurem because shut up do you want to watch gorgeously animated fight scenes with minimal Ash involvement or not?"
It also helps Keldeo is voiced by Vic Micnogna, no less. They should follow the film's example on keeping the gang's involvement to minimum since it means wonderful development and focus on the featured mons.

I am still confused to this day on one thing. Early on, the dialogue between the muskedeers suggested they had a good reason for battling Kyurem (unless I read it wrong) and were training Keldeo for that event as his test. After Keldeo gets his ego, and horn, crushed by the titular dragon, it seemed that point was forgotten entirely as it was focused on "distancing oneself as much as fucking possible from the rampaging Kyurem while he wrecks everything in sight".

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
I've heard that he's actually been banned from Anime Detour. I don't remember the reason behind it though.
I didn't know about this until just now. Shame you don't known the reason, since I am curious. Guess I will Google it up later when I get the time.

Hulavuta

We've finished all of the movies at this point, so we're gonna start watching some of the specials! Once that's done we will most likely start watching season 1 (unless someone else has a better idea)

This week, we'll be watching Legend of Thunder from Pokemon Chronicles. Haven't seen this one in a while!

If anyone has any requests for the next specials we watch in the coming weeks, make sure to post! We might also watch the first Digimon movie for one random spin-off week.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
We've finished all of the movies at this point, so we're gonna start watching some of the specials! Once that's done we will most likely start watching season 1 (unless someone else has a better idea)

This week, we'll be watching Legend of Thunder from Pokemon Chronicles. Haven't seen this one in a while!

If anyone has any requests for the next specials we watch in the coming weeks, make sure to post! We might also watch the first Digimon movie for one random spin-off week.
Mewtwo Returns. Do it. I will love you forever if you do.

Hulavuta

maybe occasionally have an anime movie on? for another spin off week idea
Not sure if we'd ever have a movie night to watch something other than Pokemon. The one exception will be Digimon for obvious reasons, and even then it's only one movie. We should all keep in mind that these are still Orange Islands movie nights, so it should be something Pokemon related (again, with the one exception). Nothing stopping us from watching whatever we want for some un-official thing though.

Mewtwo Returns. Do it. I will love you forever if you do.
Mewtwo Returns actually sounds really good, and I haven't seen it yet. So that will probably be what we see next week. (Although I don't think I've ever seen you at one :P)

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Mewtwo Returns actually sounds really good, and I haven't seen it yet. So that will probably be what we see next week. (Although I don't think I've ever seen you at one :P)
I am but a humble forumgoer who threw in a suggestion for a special and also honestly didn't know that these were going on until I saw this thread. I'll show up tomorrow now that I know~

Hulavuta

Great movie night! Biggest crowd that we've had in a long while.

This movie was GOOD, I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY. Way better than the regular anime. Also Jimmy and Marina are totally cute ok??

Anyway shout-outs to everyone who showed up! Karxrida, Jimera0, Bela, Veles, Focus, TheDarknessOfLoyalty, newcomer Age of Kings and the usual Kadew and General Spoon. (And the two guys, Yokim and Patrick, who don't have Smogon accounts)

IT'S RODEO TIME!~

Great movie night! Biggest crowd that we've had in a long while.

This movie was GOOD, I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY. Way better than the regular anime. Also Jimmy and Marina are totally cute ok??

Anyway shout-outs to everyone who showed up! Karxrida, Jimera0, Bela, Veles, Focus, TheDarknessOfLoyalty, newcomer Age of Kings and the usual Kadew and General Spoon. (And the two guys, Yokim and Patrick, who don't have Smogon accounts)

IT'S RODEO TIME!~
this would be yokims smogon account and yeah the movie was good because raikou
and rodeo time

#RodeoTime

Also listing the suggestion here to watch the Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon special the week after Mewtwo Returns. It's very "special" indeed.

Can't join then I guess. Timezone difference too big. Also, maybe someone would like to edit the first post to put in the timing there? So that newcomers can find the timing easily :)

Hulavuta

Can't join then I guess. Timezone difference too big. Also, maybe someone would like to edit the first post to put in the timing there? So that newcomers can find the timing easily :)
That's too bad that you can't come, although I'm glad this thread is attracting new people! Editing is a good idea but sadly I'm not the original poster, so I can't do that (movie nights have been going on for a while but I only took over about 4 months ago). I'll see if I can get Jellicent to add "Thursdays @ 10 PM EST" to the title. (Or is there some kind of way to make a user a moderator of just one thread? lol)

Just out of curiosity, what country and timezone are you?

EDIT: My my, that was quick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)