#oi Movie Nights

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is starting at 10 PM EST tonight. That's a little over an hour from this post, so now's a good time to hop on and get ready.

#OrangeIslands on SynIRC. Be there.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea will be shown on Thursday the 20th at 10 PM EST.

You'd be heart pressed to find a wetter film to watch.

EDIT: This film will not be using synchtube so don't be late on this one or getting synched up with us will be a problem. I'll still be providing a stream, it just won't be synched.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Doing an evil double post to say that the Shaymin/Darkrai/Dialgia/Palika woah gen4 has a ton of legendaries madness movie is going to start soon.

When's the next movie night? I only stumbled on the last one by accident and I don't want to miss the next. :D

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Next will be Arceus and the Jewel of Life this wednesday at 10 PM EST

EDIT: I mean Giratina and the Sky Warrior, yes that one.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
is an Artist Alumnus
Hey, I'm SingleStep from tonight's movie watching extravaganza, and I'd just like to say that this is a pretty great thing you've got here. It finally broke me out of my lurking to finally dip my toe into this community of Smogon, and it was fun chatting with you guys.

Hopefully next week this won't be distracting me during my evening class to watch, heh. I look forward to further getting aquainted with you people.

Haha, it was a pleasure to meet ya, Kadew ^.^

Also, glad as always to see TalkingLion, jas#####, PikeQueen, Ritter, and anyone else I missed (sorry, memory grows hazy~)

Layell, you missed a good one :o TalkingLion had to take over your role of making bad puns :P

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Because I run the stream I'm going to plan on watching the film on Friday at 10 PM EST. If anyone wants to join me go ahead!

I also am looking for people to start movie nights in other timezones, do chat if you are interested!

While I only got in on the last 10 minutes (;_;) the banter was great fun, and I'll try and get to other ones. On that note however, I would like to run some in an Australian timezone but with school starting back up again I think I'll be too busy to find a free hour or two, which is a shame :(
Also nice meeting you Kadew! :)

Squee~ I'm new here, but... I will definitely try to be there. :) This is based on Smogon's time, right?

I love watching Pokemon movies. n n I even plan on making Pokeball-colored Macarons at some point because of Cilan, haha.

Welcome to Smogon, BlueCat ^.^

Just a head's up, there's not an official Smogon time (that I know of); this movie will be on at 10 PM EST. Be sure to swing by #OrangeIslands on SynIRC! It's a fun place to check out, especially when the movie's rolling~

All new members are encouraged to check that chat out :3

Thanks! :3

If you scroll all the way down the screen... You find the time at the bottom. D: Not sure if that's Smogon's official time or what, haha. I live in EST region, though, so it's not problem for me. n n I just wanted to make sure on the time!

I'll check that chat out when I have the time. :) Got some stuff to do right now, but I can't turn down an opportunity to chat! n n

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
^ smogon's official time changes depending on the time zone you have marked down; all it maintains is a general clock

ima check in for this movie cause i have been playing waaay too many games lately and need an alternate form of entertainment. quick question then: will this be in EST (GMT -5) or EDT (GMT -4)? a lot of EST territories tend to keep calling themselves EST even though they've gone into daylight savings time

alkinesthetase

well that was a blast, i am totally going to check in next time OI watches a movie. can't believe i missed all the other ones (especially heroes T_T)

arceus said:
JUSTICE

JUSTICE

JUSSSSTICCCCEEEEEE
EDIT: since i added a list of memes to our watching of zoro, i thought i should add one here, although i don't remember all of the good ones - here were the big ones
JUSTICE (as in, HUMANS MUST BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE)
IncestEyebrowShipping
all kevin does is stand there
dialga doin overtime
TRANSCENDDDDDDD THE BOUNDARIES OF SPACE AND TIME
my time and space axis is tingling
arceus is pronounced ahrk-ee-uss, as in ARKEUS

It was great! I'm so glad I checked in tonight. :) The IRC was hilarious and I had a great time. Thank you guys so much for hosting this! <3

And I have to agree with Alk... That is the jist of the movie. Arceus = Justice, that is all.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
How does Arceus like his soda? Just ice!

TRANSCEND!!!!!

Also that really awful Arceus voice, and how they said Arkeyus, just crazy.

Anyways the next film will be Zoroark: Master of Illusions on Thursday October 18th @ 10 PM EST.

IncestEyebrowShipping~

Always great to watch a movie with you all, and it was extra awesome to see some fresh faces in there! Layell, TalkingLion, Jas#####, GeneralSpoon, BlueCat, alkinesthetaste, Pike Queen, Texas, Kadew, anyone I missed... Hope to see you all next week :3

Someday, I will look back on this and have flashbacks to that time we all watched flashbacks of people going back in time to see flashbacks from further back in time. Dialga worked overtime in this one v.v

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Hello everyone so as we all must be realizing is that soon all the Pokemon films will be running out, as sad as this is Jellicent and I do not want to end this so soon. Luckily we have a ton of anime episodes and a few TV specials. To that end I have made a proposed list for every week to the end of the year

Oct 18: Zoroark Master of Illusion
(everything past here will have a chosen date in the near future)
Oct 21-27: Halloween Episode Special: The Ghost of Maiden's Peak, Just Waiting On a Friend, Malice In Wonderland!, Scare at the Litwick Mansion!

Oct 28-Nov 3: Vicinti Film (vote for flavour)

Nov 4-10: Mewtwo Returns

Nov 11-17: Raikou Legend of Thunder

Nov 18-24: The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon

Nov 25-Dec 1: Unaired Pikachu Specials (may be Japanese only)

Dec 2-8: Mystery Dungeon Specials

Dec 9-15 Keldeo and Kyurem Film (As this will be a new release I won't be streaming this)

December 16-22: Christmas Episodes (Holiday Hi-Jynx, Pikachu’s Winter Vacation, Stantlers Helpers, Delibird Dilema)

Dec 23-29: Snow Long 2012!: Snow Way Out, Kanga Games, Freeze Frame, The Drifting Snorunt!

Let me know what you all think of the lineup. My current plan is that starting in the new year we will watch all the episodes starting from the beginning, while only cutting out the really awful filler nobody cares about. But we are open to suggestions, so long as it is all Pokemon related.

Zoroark: Master of Illusion should be kicking off in about 35-40 minutes. Now is a great time to swing by #OrangeIslands on SynIRC and get comfy :3

If you're new to Smogon and looking to meet some peeps in the community, OI Movie Nights are a great way to make some friends ^.^

alkinesthetase

man that movie was freakin hilarious, SO BAD IT'S GOOD

incomplete list of memes we formed during this movie:
night days aka NITE DAAAAEEEZZZ
mamobulk
meowth is the only sane cat
bocker paper scizor
watercar (GeneralSpoon: fuck you this is a boat)
TYMRPL (initially it was time ripple, then i started spelling it time rippel, then tym rippel, then it kinda got abbreviated)
zororaeg / zorua got dat sass (HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH)
magnet girl is so attractive (but brock wasn't into her)
kodai has orgasms from EVERYTHING (strangling celebi, touching TYMRPLs, having visions of the future, etc)
trust me it all made perfect sense in context

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)