#oi Movie Nights

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Movie Night will begin in 10 minutes with three Orange Island Eps and a Pikachu special, don't miss out!

What I am going to remember from tonight:
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

every thursday i sit at work and cry behind the desk because i can't join in on movie nights

luckily i'm shorter than the desk so nobody can see my tears

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok we all had fun? Good good I'll be there next week for sure.

We will watch next week Pokemon: White Victini and Zekrom as the alternate 14th film. Then starting after that we will be watching the Battle Frontier arc, which is sort of the spiritual sequel to the Orange Islands but with Frontier Brains. See you all there!

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
I am bumping this because this is a pivotal episode of the Movie Night tonight. We have been quite underway in the Battle Frontier arc but with this new season gives us the lowest point ever in the anime. The dreaded voice change. I highly suggest seeing these, two eps of the old voices at their prime and two eps of the new voices as raw as can be.

Tonight will be hilarious join us in #orangeislands at 10pm EST or 15 minutes from this post.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Great movie night, as usual. Except this time I actually stayed for the whole thing. XD

Good to see some new faces (names? guess I don't actually see any of you guys), like Julia_Knight o3o make me feel like an old man already ._.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
In an hour from now at 10pm EST we will show the next part of the Battle Frontier Arc where Ash fights a new Frontier Brain, how exciting!

From now on everyone watching will want to stay tuned until the absolute end of the video. Yes I know the ending rap credits this season is really bad but it is worth it I promise.

See you all on #orangeislands in an hour.

Hulavuta

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Great movie night, as usual. Too bad Jellicent was too drunk to do anything XD

Layell said:
From now on everyone watching will want to stay tuned until the absolute end of the video. Yes I know the ending rap credits this season is really bad but it is worth it I promise.
The rap is actually awesome and better than the special Pokemon clip surprise. I'm not going to tell anyone which it was though, you should have been there to watch :D it was a pretty funny clip though.

Also, TalkingLion, I miss you and your sexy stud Gabite.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Another week another movie night, tonight will feature a special Pokemon Ranger episode which also features a legendary Pokemon DON'T MISS IT.

#orangeislands in half at hour, 10 PM EST

Hulavuta

Fun movie night, glad to see TalkingLion again :D Now we just need alkines and his meme list :)

This will have to do for now, I suppose:

(11:20:43 PM)
Layell: TIME TRAVEL?
(11:20:44 PM) Layell:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Ok so change of plans for this week we will take a quick break from the Battle Frontier to have a summer special. First up in honour of Mothers Day we will watch an episode from the legendary Pokemon Chronicles sidestory where Brock's mom come back retconing her previous death in the dub. Since Cinco de Mayo is also this month we are going to have a Mexican stereotype episode with a dancing Ludicolo. Personally I always enjoyed summer camp so we're going to watch an episode on that as well. Then last but not least with summer blockbusters, romcoms, and what have you we will watch Zorua make a Pokefilm! We will shows Meloetta's Recital short that was with the 15th Pokemon film.

May 9th 10pm as usual.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Stellar is a loser I'm posting anyways.

Movie is happening in 15 minutes on #orangeislands, I plan to voice chat this one too on the google hangout so that should be fun!

Don't miss out

Hulavuta

Great movie night! (as usual) The episodes were kinda...weird...but also awesome. :D It was also interesting to talk in both voice chat and the IRC, although kind of hard to hear both at the same time :P Anyway, fun to talk with Jimera0, Layell, Kadew, TheMantyke and myself. :) Hope we do this again next week :D

Also, jas showed me...the WOBBUFFET EMOTICON!

\(>_<)7

I missed out on the voice chat, but just chilling in #orangeislands was fun as always. Great to see some new faces in with the regulars.

That Ludicolo episode was too much, hahaha :P

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
With permission from Layell, I would like to announce that we will be hosting a European Movie Night! The time is subject to change depending on how many people we get/if it's popular. I was unhappy how I was unable to commit to the Movie Night before now, because for Europe it puts it at about 2~4am.

We will be showing the exact same episodes as Layell is showing on the American Movie Night as it makes things easier for everyone. If anyone else is new and about they are more than welcome to join us on IRC/Google Hangout!

We will be airing at approximately 8PM BST [UTC/GMT+1] (9PM [UTC+2] Mainland Europe) (Someone correct me if I am wrong on those times!) Which should make it the middle of the day in America if you would like to join. I will likely post a 15/30 minute warning like Layell does to make sure everyone is on roughly the same page when it comes to when it is happening, keep an eye out.

So our first airing will be Tomorrow (11th May) at 8PM. I hope to see lots of faces there!

EDIT: Also this is my 400th post, it wasn't a bad one!

did i seriously miss a voice chat? i am unimpressed and generally disappointed in my work schedule

I WILL BE THERE NEXT WEEK OK I PROMISE

The voice chat last night was glorious.

Just a warning for anyone who actually wants to HEAR what's going on in the movie, you might actually want to avoid the voice chat because we kind of talk all over it. None of US gave a crap (hell made it more fun for me) but if for some reason you'd rather listen to a bunch of bad voice acting instead of a bunch of bad jokes at the movie's expense, then you might want to stay out.

But despite that warning, I still really, really wish you would all join it :P

Hulavuta

Yeah, the voice chat was great. I also got to see what you all look like...I feel kind of bad for not having my own webcam though. Oh well.

I'm also pleasantly surprised people are posting in this thread...for a while there it was just me and Layell :P Glad to see there is still a lot of interest in movie nights! :D

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
With voice chat you really have to regulate the video volume and your computer volume to find the right balance, I had it at a good point where I was both in irc, voice chatting and watching. I'm not sure how many were also balancing but I was totally just writing jokes on irc that we made on the voice chat.

With permission from Layell, I would like to announce that we will be hosting a European Movie Night! The time is subject to change depending on how many people we get/if it's popular. I was unhappy how I was unable to commit to the Movie Night before now, because for Europe it puts it at about 2~4am.

We will be showing the exact same episodes as Layell is showing on the American Movie Night as it makes things easier for everyone. If anyone else is new and about they are more than welcome to join us on IRC/Google Hangout!

We will be airing at approximately 8PM BST [UTC/GMT+1] (9PM [UTC+2] Mainland Europe) (Someone correct me if I am wrong on those times!) Which should make it the middle of the day in America if you would like to join. I will likely post a 15/30 minute warning like Layell does to make sure everyone is on roughly the same page when it comes to when it is happening, keep an eye out.

So our first airing will be Tomorrow (11th May) at 8PM. I hope to see lots of faces there!

EDIT: Also this is my 400th post, it wasn't a bad one!
Its about time something was happening. I can actually watch one, really looking forward to this.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
To everyone who was interested in the European Movie Night it will begin in approximately 30 minutes. Again, it will be a Re-Run of what Layell showed on Thursday Night, but if you would like to watch again that's not a problem!

To any new people:

Mercilessly stolen from Stellar's post on how to get involved with us. I hope to see a few people there :) We will also likely be hosting a Google+ hangout in conjunction with what is happening on IRC :) You are more than welcome to join there too! Check this thread for more information!

Tonight, we'll be watching Battle Frontier Arc Episodes 433-436: From Cradle to Save, Time Warp Heals All Wounds!, Queen of the Serpentine!, and Off the Unbeaten Path!

It'll be starting at 10 PM EST (or about half an hour from this post), so be sure to hop on #orangeislands to check it out. These are always a ton of fun and are a great way to make some new friends and hang out. Everyone's welcome here, so join in the shenanigans~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)