1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Old Generation Analyses Reservation Thread

Discussion in 'RBY / GSC / ADV' started by Matthew, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Matthew

Matthew I love weather; Sun for days
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

While the metagames are considered a vacuum where the tiers are, for the most part, set in stone, posting analysis updates for RBY, GSC, or ADV are still a welcomed contribution to Smogon! Obviously small changes and controversial changes (EVs or small moveset addition / change) should still be kept in their respective threads. Full updates should have the prefix of the generation it's for and the Pokemon's name in the title. It's highly suggested that, unless you know the metagame well, that you consult with an older player to make sure you're not giving incorrect information.

The activity of this forum will probably not be extremely high, but posting 'dibs,' on a Pokemon will still be helpful. Be sure to get an approval from a member of the contact list here so that your analysis can get onsite!

Remember, this is a low priority project but each and every contribution is still valued. If a thread you post isn't good enough the first time, then feel free to re-write it and make it better!

To clarify if you're updating something in this forum, you should be updating the analysis to bring it more on par with the DPP and BW analyses currently onsite, ie. with detailed set comments explaining what the moves do, what the strategy is, good teammates, and counters to the set. Be sure to follow the current analysis formatting as well!

Updated Analyses to date (open)

ADV

Claydol - Triangles
    Dugtrio - Moo
    Gengar - Moo
    Jolteon - Triangles
    Lanturn - Triangles
    Lapras - Triangles
    Slaking - Moo
    Swampert - Triangles
    Tauros - Sir
    Tyranitar - gene
    Ursaring - Triangles

GSC

Blissey - Lockeness / Crystal_
    Cloyster - Lockeness
    Forretress - Lockeness
    Machamp - Jorgen
    Miltank - Lockeness
    Misdreavus - Lockeness
    Quagsire - Jorgen
    Raikou - Lockeness
    Skarmory - Lockeness
    Snorlax - Jorgen
    Tyranitar - Jorgen
    Zapdos - Lockeness

RBY

Chansey - Crystal_
    Dragonite - Jorgen / Crystal_
    Exeggutor - Crystal_
    Snorlax - Alan / Crystal_
    Tauros - Crystal_

Post the dibs in this thread

ADV

Jirachi - JabbaTheGriffin
    Magneton - Triangles
    Snorlax - meteor64
    Tyranitar - Sir

GSC

RBY

Alakazam - Crystal_
  2. Lockeness

Lockeness (e^(i╥))+1=0

I was recently going through some of the Generation 2 analysis and a bunch of them were seriously lacking. I am a good writer, but I would love the opportunity to hone my skills by re-doing some of these analyses. I am moderately familiar with Gen. 2 and I hope I can add something to the more neglected analyses. I am new to Contribution and Corrections so any help or tips are very welcome! Getting feedback is the primary reason I want to contribute!

I would like to start with Misdreavus.
  3. Oglemi

Oglemi We broke it. Yes, we were naughty. Completely naughty.
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

Go right on ahead, just be sure to follow the correct formatting.

We'd love to have someone spruce up the Gen 2 stuff, since that's probably our weakest generation information-wise.
  4. Lockeness

Lockeness (e^(i╥))+1=0

Great, I'm glad to be of help. I will be sure to do my best with the formatting, and I would love suggestions once I get the write up complete!
  5. Oglemi

is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

In other news, I've also updated the OP a bit with the To clarify section, thanks!
  6. Lockeness

Lockeness (e^(i╥))+1=0

Miltank's analysis is really sketchy for GSC. I would like to spruce it up a bit.
  7. Oglemi

C&C Leader

I've updated the OP with what has been updated thus far (from what I could get from looking at the history of the OP) and what WIPs are going on.
  8. NatGeo

NatGeo sun's coming up
    is a Contributor Alumnus

hey i will do magneton if nobody minds!

Adv......................................…….……
  9. Oglemi

C&C Leader

which generation noobgeo >.< gotta specify!
  10. Crystal_

Crystal_
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

haha it obviously wasn't going to be RBY or GSC Magneton!
    I'll probably work on rby Chansey next, but oh well i'm so busy until summer...
  11. Lockeness

Lockeness (e^(i╥))+1=0

It was a pleasure to work on Miltank and Misdreavus with all the awesome feedback I got back from some very good and very intelligent GSC battlers. I would love to do it again, and so I'm calling GSC Skarmory for an analysis.
  12. Jorgen

Jorgen World's Strongest Fairy
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

After the end of this week, I'll have time to kill.

I'll call GSC Tyranitar for now, since its analysis is probably in the most dire need of an update among the GSC analyses.
  13. Desolate

Desolate

Flygon's analysis seems to have been abandoned, so it might be wise to take it out of the OP.
  14. Crystal_

Crystal_

I'd like to point out that this is a good model to follow if anybody is considering making an update of adv Jirachi.
  15. Jorgen

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

GSC Quagsire is a legit threat with belly drum, and I plan to take his analysis on next.
  16. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'll update ADV Jirachi, my baby
  17. Jorgen

Where might I be able to suggest changing the tiering of certain mons? Specifically, I'd like to see GSC Vaporeon moved to OU, and GSC Alakazam moved to BL.
  18. Oglemi

C&C Leader

This would be something to bring up in the Ruins of Alph to see what other people think of it. If there's a large consensus to change the tiering of a couple of Pokemon we can then go ahead with the changes. (getting people from the contact list to post their feelings would be a good thing to do too)
  19. Lockeness

Lockeness (e^(i╥))+1=0

I will do GSC Cloyster.

EDIT: I would also like to do GSC Zapdos.
  20. adv

adv formerly Triangles

I can't help but see that the ADV Ursaring article is looking a bit threadbare. Can I spruce it up a bit?
  21. Jorgen

I'll see what I can do with RBY Dragonite, since his current on-site analysis could really use the upheaval. A more descriptive overview and shifting the focus to Wrap rather than the godawful Mixed Attacker set are the main things I have in mind for the update.
  22. Lockeness

Lockeness (e^(i╥))+1=0

Cloyster is almost done, so I thought I'd go ahead and reserve GSC Forretress.
  23. adv

adv formerly Triangles

Can I give ADV Lanturn's OU analysis an update?
  24. Crystal_

Crystal_

I'll update RBY Exeggutor soon, I'll probably start next week.
  25. adv

adv formerly Triangles

I'll do ADV Lapras at some stage.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)