1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Old Metagames

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Explorer, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Explorer

Explorer

I sometimes look back at general discussion threads for the main tiers from years ago, such as this old UU thread:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/np-uu-stage-3-we-are-the-champions.3455948/page-3#post-3892782

In it there are Pokemon such as Hippowodon that I would love playing with in UU, but unfortunately I can't. Maybe it would be worthwhile to set up "old UU" ladders or the like so players can play in the old metagames before things got shifted around to where they are today?

I'm not sure if this is plausible but I'd like to go back and visit these old tiers.
  2. Joim

Joim All promises become a lie, all that's bening corrups in time
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Well, there is currently no support for past metagames on a generation. To play a stage, you should propose an other metagame with its characteristics, and then it'd be implemented on an OM server (like my Lab).
  3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck you spin mine head right round right round
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

Alternatively, you could try to host / get someone to host a tournament with the rules of a past metagame. This tends to be more frequent / likely than implementing an Other Metagames ladder, and having a popular tournament is often the first step to getting a successful OM going anyway.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)