OM CCaT (STAB-Mons) (Phase 3: Nominate for Pokemon 6)

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Approved by Arcticblast

Welcome to the brand new Other Metas CCaT (Community Create a Team)! A CCaT is a popular project that lets the forum work together and discuss various threats to make a great team!

How it works:

Stage 1: This Stage probably takes a Day or two. Here we'll determine about what Metagame we'll do our CCaT. You can submit any Metagame as long as it's an OM. Afterwards we'll have a poll of a day long (extended if needed) so you can vote on which OM you wanna do the CCaT around. This means you'll have to convince people that your proposed OM is an interesting one to study.

Stage 2: In this Stage we'll determine which Pokemon we'll base around. It will take a day or two again. Like the previous day you can submit what Pokemon you want and should convince everyone why it is an interesting, but viable/underrated threat. We'll have a poll afterwards to decide what Pokemon we're gonna base it around. This is gonna take a day (extended if needed).

Stage 3: You can submit Pokemon which work well and support the chosen Pokemon. This will have multiple mini-stages in which we'll get further into the team. After each stage there'll be a Poll to decide which Pokemon will be in the Team.

Stage 4: As we're finished with the team. We'll test it on the ladder (if applicable) or in various matches. You can give comments and things you noticed.

Stage 5: This stage will happen after the testing, we tweak the team after the testing as we know what it is weak to, s o the team will have an as good as possible end result!

Then we have our own CCaT!

What we have so far:

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 188 Atk / 252 Spd / 68 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Oblivion Wing
- Knock Off
- Grass Knot

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SDef
Impish
- Spikes
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def /4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Heal Order
- U-Turn
- Gyro Ball

Kangaskhan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch

Talonflame @ Earth Plate
Ability:Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Oblivion Wing
- Blue Flare
- Judgment

Metagame Nomination Rules:
- The Metagame must be an unofficial metagame with a thread in this Sub-Forum. Pet Mods and Micro Metas are not allowed.
- The Metagame must be programmed or be able to be played in any way. (AKA Custom Game)
- The Metagame must be older than a week.

Pokemon Nomination Rules:
Smeargle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Spore
- Parting Shot
- Switcheroo

That's it, make sure to explain your nomination and no Joke Nominations please!

Last edited:
Mergemons. It's a complex metagame with a simple concept. It has a ton of threats, and I'm sure you can find at least one of them to build a team around. Plus, it's my meta.

I'm nominating Suicide Cup Doubles, not because it's my own meta but because I feel it needs a little more love. Honestly, it's a really fun meta with countless viable strategies to choose from. Additionally, it's sadistic and unique.

Nominating Averagemons

It's the only meta I can actually see working as it would be fun to see people have a hundred pokemon suggestions for a single role in a team, making it a more a community effort

Epikhairz

Anything goes
Inverse Battle - Because of the inverted type chart, this OM is so inherently different from all other metas, and so unique in that it can create an interesting metagame of its own. Pokemon that you would rarely or never see in standard play like Avalugg or Mega Abomasnow thrive, while Dragon becomes one of the shittiest types in the meta due to FWGE weakness. Should be interesting

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Nominating Phase CCaT: 1 Over
Start Voting Phase

Options:
Mergemons (simsims2800 )
Suicide Cup Doubles (Adrian Marin)
Metagamiate (Pikachuun)
Almost Any Abilites (MegaGallade)
STAB-Mons (The Reptile)
Balanced Hackmons (Asterat)
Tier Shift XY (Peef Rimgar)
Averagemons (Dark Mage Ewan)
Pacifistmons (jrm115)
Scalemons (NinjaStars)
Monotype (Showsni)
Inverse Battle (Epikhairz)
Sketchmons (Thisisafake name)
Power-Twist (FearRattata)

Bold your vote and put any descriptions without any bold, feel free give reasons why to choose one of these metagames too.

Mergemons. As I said before, the options are absurd. There are so many possible threats to build this team around it's not even funny. From standard 'mons like CB Talonflame to unorthodox threats like Belly Drum+Extreme Speed Lopunny, Mergemons has the threats to build a team around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)