Tier Shift can be interesting:

Rampardos + Fraxure

Tapu Koko + Alolan Raichu

Persian Alola + Slurpuff

Torkoal + Charizard/Victreebel

Hippopotas/Don + Stoutland

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
1v1 with the core of Jirachi and Togekiss would be fun interesting because of the current discussions
I don't think we need more testimonies that would prove what Jirachi and Togekiss do in current meta. As Flint mentioned, we want CLC that will be an interesting ladder experience instead of being an activity that would induce stress. :)

Making suggestions so this won't just be a quoting post:

AAA:

+

Delphox is outclassed by Volcarona and Victini, and Vaporeon has no reason to be used over Tapu Fini or even Alomomola which can transfer much bigger Wish. This might be interesting...

BH:

+

Hoopa-U was always a 'mon I wanted to make a nice use of, due to it being able to be a decent Gengar check with AV Regen (Yveltal is the only possible alternative) while not having Stealth Rock weakness. But what will make using Hoopa-U challenging is its pathetic physical bulk that falls to U-turn from semi-offensive pivots and the middling Speed. It also has only 37.5% chance OHKO Mega Raquaza from full using Hustle + Choice Band + Hyperspace Fury and Imposter can switch into Special sets quite often.

Mega Metagross is offensively outclassed by Kartana while its defensive capabilities are overshadowed by Solgaleo. I wonder what will one do with this fat Steel which is currently considered unviable?

1v1:

Wait let me find correct image
okay here it is

Terrakion has excellent dual STAB and great base stats, and an ability to get past defensive Pokemon using Taunt / Swords Dance / Substitute, and it is known as one of the only viable answers to Kyurem-B. However, its viability is greatly plagued by existence of Sturdy users, namely Donphan, Golem, Magnezone, Crustle, and more. Also losing mind games against the likes of Mega Gyarados can really turn the tide of the match due to Terrakion's Attack stat that often fails to handle fat EV spreads. This will surely be a challenge.

Tol

Retirement house
1v1 with the core of Jirachi and Togekiss would be fun interesting because of the current discussions
If we're doing 1v1 cores...
~~Tapu Lele Genesect~~

TYRANITAR-MEGA:
Possibly the single most underused Pokémon in 1v1 for its BST/level of decency, I kinda want to see what will happen if good players take it under their collective wing. It can counter KyuB, both Zards, Koko, even MGyara and Memekyu if you get lucky... if only it and Steelix switched mega-evolution abilities

TAPU BULU:
Yea, I know I'm a hypocrite. But my days of calling Bulu the worst Tapu in Smogon posts are behind me. Able to whip every other Tapu's ass in 1v1, I'd like people to get Bulu to become a ladder threat. It has incredible typing and itemability for 1v1, with Grassy Terrain boosting Wood Hammer into a nuke to be reckoned with.

GALLADE-MEGA, LUCARIO-MEGA, BEEDRILL-MEGA
Just a group of physical attacking Megas that don't get as much use as they really should.

If we're still doing this, can I recommend using only one Pokemon from the top 20 used in 1v1 (as of September stats) as a challenge?

Long time no update, because I've barely any time. As you can see, my activity has been greatly reduced and I'm struggling to keep up to date with the new OMs or banlist. Because of this, I will no longer runs challenges.

So I'd like to announce that from now on, Kris will be the one who replace me and run this thread. If you want to suggest challenge cores, ask him instead.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Challenge #10
Full Potential, Dual Wielding, and Camomons

In honor of Leader's Choice getting a ladder again, as well as rotational ladders being reintroduced, this cycle's challenges will be strictly OMotM, LCotM, and this month's rotational ladder. Thus,

Full Potential (credit to Funbot28)
and

Bronze: 1125
Silver: 1250
Gold: 1375
Platinum: 1500

Dual Wielding
and

Bronze: 1100
Silver: 1200
Gold: 1300
Platinum: 1400

Camomons
and

Bronze: 1125
Silver: 1250
Gold: 1375
Platinum: 1500

This cycle of the CLC will end in exactly two weeks, on November 19, 2017 at 11:59 PM (GMT -5). Have fun!

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
In as CLC9MemeLord for all

edit: imma keep this just to spite Kris

edit2:

Last edited:

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Since, activity is kind of poor during the time I am free to play, so I guess silver for now
clc.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)