OM Core Laddering Challenge [Challenge #13 @ post #497; deadline Feb. 24]

Status
Not open for further replies.
in for MnM as CLCChazmic

Bronze achieved, no losses so far:

Silver achieved, lost 1 due to a misplay versus a Banettite Breloom

Gold achieved, still 1 down:

Achieved Platinum at 6 down:

Some personal thoughts on this challenge: Whilst the core might synergize well on paper, stall starts becoming a real problem once you factor in the fact that they have two direct counters that they can't cumulatively break and/or pressure enough: Magearna and Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, the two most dominant Steel-types in the tier completely invalidate this core. I personally would prefer to pair Naganadel with Keldeo, as whilst Naganadel does appreciate having the Psyterrain support, there are difficulties with utilizing it due to its low duration. Keldeo, however, appreciates Magearna and Duskmane being worn down - it happens to have little to no counters either, and removing one of them from doing so is an absolute joy for it.

The team I used for CLC is here, but I personally prefer to use the one below: https://pastebin.com/nGDx4CZE

Last edited:
AG silver
CLC11AG1500.jpg

...more than enough AG for this lifetime

Edit: I accidentally used the wrong team for BH so I guess I'll give that a miss this time :/

Last edited:

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Challenge #12
Anything Goes, Mix and Mega

With Gen 2 VC now being a thing, I wanted to take advantage of my power to force you all to ladder with certain Pokemon and extend it to forcing you all to play with certain sets on certain Pokemon. I swear, they're not (too) bad.

Anything Goes (set credit to Chloe)

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Curse
- Recover

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Rest
- Roar

Bronze: 1250
Silver: 1500
Gold: 1750
Platinum: 2000

Mix and Mega

Gengar @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex / Shadow Ball
- Zap Cannon
- Will-O-Wisp / Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn

Bronze: 1225
Silver: 1400
Gold: 1575
Platinum: 1750

This cycle of the CLC will end in exactly two weeks, on January 8, 2017 at 11:59 PM (GMT -5). Have fun!

Congrats to Tox.exe for getting Gold in Anything Goes, morogrim and E4 Flint for getting Platinum in Balanced Hackmons, and Chazm for getting Platinum in Mix and Mega!

Last edited:

dhelmise

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I'm extending this cycle to January 8, 2017, ending at the same time, because I'm not ending a round with only two people signed up.

in as CLC Chroma for mnm. never ran non-hypnosis pidge geng tbh, nor have i run yve since marsh was banned. challenge should be interesting.

Bronze
1514728295415.png

misplayed against a slightly better guy (at 1466 or sth)

Silver
1514744077134.png

lost 5 more games bc im shit at mnm and cant keep an aggronite buzzwole check alive. also shit team

Last edited:

dhelmise

Social Media Head
Hey, I'm sorry for such a huge gap in activity, IRL stuff happened that prevented me from continuing on this, as some people from my MnM tournament might know. I'll announce the winners later if I feel like it, I don't really see a reason to when only three people signed up and only one of those three provided any evidence. Sorry for inconveniencing you all.

Challenge #13
1v1, Middle Cup, and Shared Power

No rhyme or reason to these metagames/cores except to help develop Middle Cup's playerbase. People aren't playing it and are calling it a stale metagame, yet they refuse to play it, so they don't have any evidence to support such claims. Even if Middle Cup is stale, there's been almost no opportunity for it to build a platform or test out broken elements, and it doesn't help that everybody refuses to play it. I highly suggest you all check it out.

1v1 (credit to Uselesscrab)

Bronze: 1325
Silver: 1450
Gold: 1575
Platinum: 1700

Middle Cup

Bronze: 1200
Silver: 1300
Gold: 1400
Platinum: 1500

Shared Power

Bronze: 1300
Silver: 1450
Gold: 1600
Platinum: 1750

This cycle of the CLC will end in exactly two weeks, on February 24, 2017 at 11:59 PM (GMT -5). Have fun!

Again, if I decide it to be eligible, I'll announce the winner (there was only one person with evidence so it'd be them). Thank you all for understanding.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
In as CLC enlargedthonk

edit: bronze for 1v1
boof.PNG

edit2: bronze for middle cup
boof1.PNG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)